GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 367 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,309
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #48996
12/29/02 08:04 AM
12/29/02 08:04 AM
Nederland
Michael Corleone 14 Offline OP
Underboss
Michael Corleone 14  Offline OP
Underboss
Nederland
During the part that Michael, Sonny, Tom, Clemenza and Tessio are sitting in the Don's office and discussing how to take out Solozzo, Sonny says that Michael should go with a couple of guys to Luca Brasi's house, then Tom says: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly"." Sonny says: "You're right. Mike hang around answer the phone, be a big help, huh." Michael felt ashamed, and he could see that Clemenza and Tessio diden't like him at all. Is it true that they diden't like Michael? Earlier in the novel it mentions that Clemenza took care of Michael when Vito had no time and gave him gifts, and later (I haven't finished the novel yet.) in the movie Tessio says: "Tell Michael it was strictly business, I have always liked him." Did Clemenza and Tessio like Michael or diden't they like him?

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending
Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #48997
12/29/02 09:29 AM
12/29/02 09:29 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
I think they liked him. In the room you are talking about nothing indicates that Clemenza or Tessio disapproved of Mike. Tom said: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly". But this was because of the fact that Vito didn't want Michael to get involved in the mafia/mob.

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #48998
12/29/02 09:38 AM
12/29/02 09:38 AM
Nederland
Underboss
Underboss
Nederland
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
I think they liked him. In the room you are talking about nothing indicates that Clemenza or Tessio disapproved of Mike. Tom said: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly". But this was because of the fact that Vito didn't want Michael to get involved in the mafia/mob.
Then read page 91-92, it says that Clemena and Tessio were "disgusted behind a mask" And it alsow says that Michael was ashamed, very ashamed. And at the hospital scene Vito says: "When you've finished college come to me, then we can talk about your future." I think Vito knew damn well if that there was anyone who was gonna be the next Don, it was Michael.

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #48999
12/29/02 10:33 AM
12/29/02 10:33 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
[b]I think they liked him. In the room you are talking about nothing indicates that Clemenza or Tessio disapproved of Mike. Tom said: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly". But this was because of the fact that Vito didn't want Michael to get involved in the mafia/mob.
Then read page 91-92, it says that Clemena and Tessio were "disgusted behind a mask" And it alsow says that Michael was ashamed, very ashamed. And at the hospital scene Vito says: "When you've finished college come to me, then we can talk about your future." I think Vito knew damn well if that there was anyone who was gonna be the next Don, it was Michael.[/b]
Oh, the problem is I don't have the book yet with me. It's somewhere else. I was thinking about the movie. So I can't read the pages you mentioned.

But about Vito: Vito didn't want to get Mike involved but he always thougth (<=)that Michael would take over. But that doesn't say he wanted that.

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #49000
12/29/02 11:19 AM
12/29/02 11:19 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I believe Clemenza and Tessio always liked Michael, in an avuncular kind of way. In fact, they had no reason to dislike him because he had never been part of the Family business and therefore had no conflicts with them, did not pose a threat to them, etc. Before Michael volunteered to get involved by killing Sollozzo and McCluskey, Sonny, Tom and the two caporegimes wanted to keep Michael away from direct action because they knew that Vito wanted Michael to be a legitimate pezzanovante. As Sonny said in the film, "Madon', Pop would have my head..." if he got Michael involved.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #49001
12/29/02 12:27 PM
12/29/02 12:27 PM
Nederland
Underboss
Underboss
Nederland
Thanks, TB, I found it strange that Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael.

I knew that Santino was going to have to go through all this. And Fredo -- well --
(then, after he sits besides Michael)
-- Fredo was -- well -- But I never -- I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life, I
don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused -- to be a fool -- dancing on the
string, held by all those -- bigshots. I don't apologize -- that's my life -- but I thought that --
that when it was your time -- that -- that you would be the one to hold the strings. Senator -
Corleone. Governor - Corleone, or something... Vito Corleone

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #49002
12/29/02 07:52 PM
12/29/02 07:52 PM
BEavis Offline
Made Member
BEavis  Offline
Made Member
what about that one part in the movie when Michael is in the basement and clemenza said that they were all proud of him going of to the war>?

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? #49003
02/02/03 12:15 AM
02/02/03 12:15 AM
M
mafia11 Offline
Wiseguy
mafia11  Offline
M
Wiseguy
clemenza and tessio did like mike
if you recall when the men came to take tessio away to whack him because tessio had taken barzini's side tessio said it wasn't personal tell michael i always liked him
tom said he knows that

http://mafia1110.tripod.com/mymafiabookthecephalonian/

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull