GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 107 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,757
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,303
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,397
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #485263
04/22/08 11:25 AM
04/22/08 11:25 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Originally Posted By: klydon1
We vote in the community room of a Baptist Church less than a mile from our home. They provide free baked goods and drinks for all the voters. I imagine all of the best stuff will be gone by the time I get there.

No fair all I got was a " I voted sticker"

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #485269
04/22/08 11:40 AM
04/22/08 11:40 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
My son was watching "Monday Night Raw last night and this was on it.

WWE RAW - 4/21/08 - Hillary Clinton vs Barrack Obama
and
Hillrod
and
Can you smell what Barak is cooking?
and
The Mac

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #485272
04/22/08 11:59 AM
04/22/08 11:59 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

That was hilarious!!

I loved Bill Clinton yelling encouragement to Hillary (it really sounded like him) and him running away and leaving Hillary in the ring.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: SC] #485435
04/23/08 12:53 PM
04/23/08 12:53 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Anyone know what the polls in Indiana are showing?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #485436
04/23/08 12:58 PM
04/23/08 12:58 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The last I heard, Obama was slightly ahead in most polls there.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: SC] #485441
04/23/08 01:27 PM
04/23/08 01:27 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

SC, You all know me here, and I never thought I'd say this, but if Hillary gets the Dem Nomination I will go into the Obama -McCain race with an open mind.

She and Bill have proven themselves to be every bit as bad as you DC and others have said they were all along. My blind spot was they were doing it to republicans, but now lookingback I see how they betrayed their supporters and "friends" all along, especially some of those early cabinet appontees who had minor nanny issues and the like. They showed no loyalty and threw them under the bus. Same thing with Gore. They will do or say anything to gain power, and it seems like they want power for its own sake, not to really do any good.

Yesterday Bill, who I think is losing his marbles gave a taped interview on his race baiting comments in South Carlina comparing Obama to Jesse Jackson, and a few hour later, also on tape completely lied about haveing never made the comment. Unbelievable.

I am sure Obama is not your cup of tea (he is a liberal Democrat) but I truly believes he wants to do what's right for the country as does McCain. I would love to see those two duke it out on the issues and have a real debate about the economy, the war, the environemnt, taxes, etc., and not all this negative crap using pictures of Osama bin Laden, and talking about lapel pins to smear the other candidate. WHoever's arguments make the most sense to me will get my vote.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #485458
04/23/08 03:13 PM
04/23/08 03:13 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

The dead can't vote, but they can give to the campaign.

Deceased actor Roy Scheider still gives Barack Obama credit, and it's a big problem.

Scheider gave $50 to Barack Obama on March 10 -- problem is, he's been dead since February 10. The 50-spot was an automatic, monthly credit card donation -- which lived on, even though Roy didn't.

A spokesperson for the campaign told the L.A.Times they will no longer take from the dead.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Beth E] #485461
04/23/08 03:20 PM
04/23/08 03:20 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Beth E
The dead can't vote, but they can give to the campaign.

Deceased actor Roy Scheider still gives Barack Obama credit, and it's a big problem.

Scheider gave $50 to Barack Obama on March 10 -- problem is, he's been dead since February 10.

The person with the problem is the executor of his estate whose first job is to freeze all bank accounts and close out al credit card accounts thuc canceling automatic payments. WHoever that was dropped the ball big time. But I am sure Billary wll find a way to blame Barack for this.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #485483
04/23/08 06:22 PM
04/23/08 06:22 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
SC, You all know me here, and I never thought I'd say this, but if Hillary gets the Dem Nomination I will go into the Obama -McCain race with an open mind.

She and Bill have proven themselves to be every bit as bad as you DC and others have said they were all along. My blind spot was they were doing it to republicans, but now lookingback I see how they betrayed their supporters and "friends" all along, especially some of those early cabinet appontees who had minor nanny issues and the like. They showed no loyalty and threw them under the bus. Same thing with Gore. They will do or say anything to gain power, and it seems like they want power for its own sake, not to really do any good.

Yesterday Bill, who I think is losing his marbles gave a taped interview on his race baiting comments in South Carlina comparing Obama to Jesse Jackson, and a few hour later, also on tape completely lied about haveing never made the comment. Unbelievable.

I am sure Obama is not your cup of tea (he is a liberal Democrat) but I truly believes he wants to do what's right for the country as does McCain. I would love to see those two duke it out on the issues and have a real debate about the economy, the war, the environemnt, taxes, etc., and not all this negative crap using pictures of Osama bin Laden, and talking about lapel pins to smear the other candidate. WHoever's arguments make the most sense to me will get my vote.

I'm glad you seen her TRUE colors DT.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #485488
04/23/08 06:38 PM
04/23/08 06:38 PM
War_Time_Consigliere Offline
Wiseguy
War_Time_Consigliere  Offline
Wiseguy
I never thought I'd say this, but if Hillary gets the Dem Nomination I will go into the Obama -McCain race with an open mind.

That's interesting you say that b/c I actually have very close and personal black friends (life-long dems) that tell me they'll vote for McCain if the other choice is Obama -- which just goes to show you how divided the nation is right now with this decision.

She and Bill have proven themselves to be every bit as bad as you DC and others have said they were all along.

Well, one of those black friends I was telling you about...happens to be a former country judge who has been very involved in the ground work in my "swing-state's" dem primary election. He insists that Obama and his crew of "rich-yuppie" white kids are the dirtiest players he's ever seen.

it seems like they want power for its own sake, not to really do any good.

That's an interesting idea. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but what makes you say that?

Originally Posted By: domtomasso

I know lots of ppl who are "losing their marbles" ;\) but they're still capable as serving as valuable and active members of their society. And I heard that interview you're referring to, and in my opinion, it seemed that the reporter took Clinton's answer out of context and thus Clinton "denied" the reporter's version of the comment.

I would love to see those two duke it out on the issues and have a real debate about the economy, the war, the environemnt, taxes, etc.,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "real" debate, and when did CLINTON go from being associated as one of the greatest presidents ever, to then not even being capable of carrying out a "real" debate??? And McCain??? Surely you don't think he could "duke it out" with Bill. Granted, it's Hillary in the race and not Bill, but that's why you and others refer to her (not so affectionately) as "Billary."

Originally Posted By: dontommaso
and not all this negative crap using pictures of Osama bin Laden,

I don't follow the election that closely and thus I'm not sure what you're talking about, chalk it up to my naiveness on the happenings in this race. But you and I both know that those pictures were probably put out by the Obama ppl to try and make Hillary look like a "swash-buckler."

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: War_Time_Consigliere] #486047
04/27/08 06:35 PM
04/27/08 06:35 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Some cable shows end by showing some late night political jokes. Last week, they showed a clip I think of Jay Leno, referring to the variety of Presidential candidates, calling them: A Geezer, a pleaser, and a freezer.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/27/08 06:40 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: War_Time_Consigliere] #486049
04/27/08 09:00 PM
04/27/08 09:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: War_Time_Consigliere
[quote=dontomasso]... I actually have very close and personal black friends (life-long dems) that tell me they'll vote for McCain if the other choice is Obama -- which just goes to show you how divided the nation is right now...

...one of those black friends I was telling you about...happens to be a former country judge who has been very involved in the ground work in my "swing-state's" dem primary election. He insists that Obama and his crew of "rich-yuppie" white kids are the dirtiest players he's ever seen...

...I heard that interview you're referring to, and in my opinion, it seemed that the reporter took Clinton's answer out of context ...

... Granted, it's Hillary in the race and not Bill, but that's why you and others refer to her (not so affectionately) as "Billary."

...I don't follow the election that closely ...

For somebody who claims at the end of all that not to 'follow the election closely...' your sure have alot to say.

Unless it's all being fed to you by those "...very close and personal black friends (life-long dems)..."

Incidentally...it's possible the reason Rhodam is referred to by some as 'Billary', is that she's been running on that 'EXPERIENCE' theme. If much of that so-called experience came from working within her husband's two terms as President (except of course when Monica was on the premises)...then the 'Billary' term fits.

True however, that if she's the nominee (which looks doubtful), she will be on her own up there and so it's pretty irrelevant to speculate how well McCain would fare against Bill.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 04/27/08 09:02 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: LBG] #486238
04/29/08 01:25 PM
04/29/08 01:25 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Edwards needs to make a decision before Tuesday and go public about it.http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/29/america/29edwards.php?page=1

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Patrick] #486248
04/29/08 02:18 PM
04/29/08 02:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Barack is currently holding a news conference at which he is denouncing Wright's statements at the National Press Club and taking questions.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #487205
05/07/08 10:51 AM
05/07/08 10:51 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I think the fat lady is about to sing.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #487206
05/07/08 11:54 AM
05/07/08 11:54 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I'll be surprised if she gets out. I don't think she will.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #487207
05/07/08 11:57 AM
05/07/08 11:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Obama ascendant after trading primary wins with Clinton

WASHINGTON (AP) — Politically wounded and financially strapped, Hillary Rodham Clinton plunged back into the presidential campaign Wednesday even as one of her top backers urged her to drop out of the race.

Barack Obama, who beat Clinton soundly in North Carolina and fell just short in an Indiana cliffhanger, declared that Tuesday's primary results left him with a "clear path to victory."

The rebound for the Illinois senator presented Clinton with fast-dwindling chances to deny him the Democratic presidential nomination.

Putting her money troubles into clearer focus, Clinton's campaign said Wednesday that she lent her campaign $6.4 million over the past month. Earlier this year, she gave her campaign $5 million.

But even as Obama planned to take the day off from the campaign trail Wednesday, Clinton showed no public signs of easing her pace. The campaign added a noon Wednesday appearance in Shepherdstown, W. Va., to her schedule. On Thursday, she planned to campaign in West Virginia, South Dakota and Oregon.

Former Sen. George McGovern, who had backed Clinton, said Wednesday he has decided to endorse Obama.

After watching primary returns Tuesday night, McGovern says it's virtually impossible for Clinton to win the nomination.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: LBG] #487243
05/07/08 05:07 PM
05/07/08 05:07 PM
P
Partagas Offline
Partagas  Offline
P

For those of you who may not be completely aware of John Hinckley, who he is, what he did, and why, here's a little history. John Hinckley was a seriously deranged young man who shot President Reagan many years back. Hinckley was absolutely obsessed with movie star Jodie Foster, and extremely jealous as well, and in his twisted mind, loved Jodie Foster to the point that to make himself known to her, attempted to assassinate President Reagan. Recently, the staff at the mental facility treating John Hinckley reported that they intercepted the following letter from Bill Clinton:

Dear John,

Hillary and I wanted to drop you a short note to tell you how pleased we are with the great strides you are making in your recovery. In our country's new spirit of understanding and forgiveness, we want you to know there is a bilateral consensus of compassion and forgiveness abroad throughout the land. Hillary and I want you to know that no grudge is borne against you for shooting President Reagan. We, above all, are aware of how the mental stress and pain could have driven you to such an act of desperation. Hillary and I are confident that you will soon make a complete recovery and return to your family to join the world again as a healthy and productive young man.

Best wishes,

Bill & Hillary Clinton

P.S. Barack Obama is fucking Jodie Foster.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Partagas] #487245
05/07/08 05:27 PM
05/07/08 05:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Partagas
For those of you who may not be completely aware of John Hinckley, who he is, what he did, and why, here's a little history. John Hinckley was a seriously deranged young man who shot President Reagan many years back. Hinckley was absolutely obsessed with movie star Jodie Foster, and extremely jealous as well, and in his twisted mind, loved Jodie Foster to the point that to make himself known to her, attempted to assassinate President Reagan. Recently, the staff at the mental facility treating John Hinckley reported that they intercepted the following letter from Bill Clinton:

Dear John,

Hillary and I wanted to drop you a short note to tell you how pleased we are with the great strides you are making in your recovery. In our country's new spirit of understanding and forgiveness, we want you to know there is a bilateral consensus of compassion and forgiveness abroad throughout the land. Hillary and I want you to know that no grudge is borne against you for shooting President Reagan. We, above all, are aware of how the mental stress and pain could have driven you to such an act of desperation. Hillary and I are confident that you will soon make a complete recovery and return to your family to join the world again as a healthy and productive young man.

Best wishes,

Bill & Hillary Clinton

P.S.S And at the height of passion, she cries out your name.

Last edited by olivant; 05/07/08 05:28 PM.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #487265
05/07/08 10:29 PM
05/07/08 10:29 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Great IN/NC primaries yesterday. Then again, I am so ready for this to be over. I want a winner. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #487312
05/08/08 10:22 AM
05/08/08 10:22 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Clinton's Vow to Fight On Stokes Concern Among Fellow Democrats

Heidi Przybyla and Laura Litvan

May 8 (Bloomberg) -- Hillary Clinton's campaign may be broken. Now some Democrats are asking if she'll also break the party.

The prospect of the race for the presidential nomination dragging on after Barack Obama's North Carolina victory and his narrow loss in Indiana may jeopardize the party's chances in the general election, said Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen, an unaligned Democrat.

``What I think a lot of us are worried about is the grinding and grinding on with this, and how tough it's going to be to come back and run a top-notch campaign in the fall,'' he said.

Other Democrats say Clinton has no chance of winning. Representative Louise Slaughter of New York, a supporter, called the election results ``grim'' for the New York senator. ``If you look at all the math and what's out there, it's pretty unlikely'' she can win, said Slaughter.

Former Senator George McGovern said yesterday he is switching his support to Obama from Clinton and urged her to quit. ``There comes a time when you have to call off the rivalry,'' McGovern said in an interview. ``We are just about there.''

House Chief Deputy Whip John Lewis of Georgia, who earlier endorsed Clinton and then shifted to Obama, said it is important that the Democratic race wraps up quickly. ``The time is short, the end is near,'' Lewis said.

Stream of Endorsements

Obama plans to announce a stream of endorsements by superdelegates -- the party officials and officeholders who aren't bound by the results of primaries and caucuses -- including three who backed him yesterday. The campaign also confirmed that Jennifer McClellan, a Virginia superdelegate, shifted her support to Obama from Clinton. At that rate, he may have as many superdelegates as Clinton by the weekend.

Clinton, 60, met with superdelegates yesterday, and Obama, 46, an Illinois senator, will meet with them today in Washington.

Clinton vows to fight on. ``I'm staying in this race until there's a nominee,'' she told reporters in West Virginia yesterday. ``I obviously am going to work as hard as I can to become that nominee.''

Yet her chances of catching Obama in delegates or the popular vote died on May 6.

Obama won North Carolina by 232,700 votes, topping Clinton's 214,000-vote margin of victory in Pennsylvania on April 22 and leaving him with a lead of more than 800,000 votes in contested primaries and caucuses.

Obama has a total of 1,846 committed delegates to Clinton's 1,688.5, unofficial Associated Press tallies show.

Out of Cash

Clinton's campaign, which said after her Pennsylvania win that it was collecting millions of dollars in donations, is running out of cash. She confirmed yesterday that she loaned her campaign $6.4 million since April, bringing her personal investment in her bid this year to $11.4 million. She raised another $1 million at a Washington fundraiser yesterday, spokesman Mo Elleithee said.

One insider who asked for anonymity said the Clinton team is spending almost $1 million a day and expressed doubt that the campaign can sustain a real effort for much longer.

One of Clinton's main rationales for staying in the race, that she would be a stronger candidate in November, is undercut by an analysis of public polls by news organizations and Gallup. They show Clinton and Obama running about the same against Senator John McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee.

In some states, including Florida, Ohio and Missouri, she runs stronger against McCain. Obama does better than Clinton in more states, including Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin, according to state surveys. In big states that Clinton has argued that only she can carry -- California, Pennsylvania and New Jersey -- both beat McCain by about the same margin.

Taking a Toll

There already are signs the battle may take a toll on Democrats. McCain trounces both Clinton and Obama in Virginia, where Democrats had been optimistic.

Democratic strategist Peter Hart, who is unaligned, says a protracted fight may create difficulties for the party.

Arizona Senator McCain, 71, can maintain his competitive position in most national polls because the party is fractured, Hart said in a recent memo. One-quarter of the supporters of each Democratic candidate say they would either vote for the Republican nominee or wouldn't participate in the election.

These voters ``represent the difference between a dead-heat election and a comfortable lead for the Democrats,'' Hart's memo said.

Energizing Voters?

To be sure, some officials such as Meredith Wood Smith, chairwoman of the Oregon Democratic Party, say the contest is galvanizing voters and that a nomination battle that ends in June leaves plenty of time to draw contrasts with McCain.

``This state is energized in every single corner and in between,'' she said.

Many more officials argue that the churn of the campaign will hurt the party's chances of unifying.

``McCain is no pushover,'' said Tennessee Governor Bredesen. The longer the fight drags on, the greater the risk of political damage, he said. ``It's like in a marriage -- in a good marriage it's OK to fight, but there are just things you don't say and places you don't go and can't get back from.''

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #487323
05/08/08 11:08 AM
05/08/08 11:08 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Keep in mind that of all the people who went to the polls to vote for president in 2000, most noted for Gore. In 2004, Kerry lost the popular vote only by 3 million votes. Of course, the intervening variable affecting that election was 9/11. Sans such a variable this time, it appears that the Nation's voters are moving left. The War in Iraq is unlikely to improve between between now and November; the economy is unlikely to improve during that interval enough to significantly increase consumer confidence. For the first time since the 1968 election, rank and file Democrats who voted Republican are being attracted back to the Democratic Party and the youth vote is decidedly Democratic.

More importantly though, the Republican Party is losing its identity. As Newt Gingrich recently opined, without a drastic shift in allegiance, the Republican Party is facing a devastating Congressional loss in this upcoming election.

Last edited by olivant; 05/08/08 11:09 AM.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #487333
05/08/08 11:40 AM
05/08/08 11:40 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

As far as I can see McCain has no plan except more of the same.
Obama has plans, but they will necessarily include some kind of tax increases...which he will cal "sacrifices" during the campaign. For the GOP to win they will have to go negative fast and tag Obama as a a re-packaged "tax and spend liberal." Then they will get the down and dirty "independent groups" to keep the "He's a muslim" and Rev Wright issues stoking (No one asks how a muslim can also be a follower of a "christian" pastor).
SO for Obama the name of the game is to not let them define him before he can define himself.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #487511
05/09/08 12:31 PM
05/09/08 12:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
DESPERATE HILLBILLIES THREATEN TO BREAK UP PARTY

May 9, 2008 -- WASHINGTON - First it was Bill Clinton dismissing Barack Obama as just another black candidate winning South Carolina.

Now comes Hillary Rodham Clinton, splashing moonshine onto those smoldering embers by telling West Virginia voters that "hardworking Americans, white Americans" support her, not Obama.

This, she argues, is why superdelegates should strip the nomination from Obama and give it to her, even though she trails him by every legitimate measure.

Is this really how Democratic Party bosses talk in smoky back rooms?

Well, now these racial politics have spilled out into the public and are splintering longtime, devoted Democrats into separate camps.

It's become the "working-class whites" versus the "eggheads and African-Americans."

Now we know where Sen. Clinton's loyalties truly lie: with black Democrats, but only if it's in her own interest.

The Clintons have shattered their brand name with those voters, who remained so loyal to Bubba when he got into so much trouble.

Writer Toni Morrison now says she never meant Bill Clinton was America's "first black president" based on his racial instincts. Rather, she says, it's just because he'd been unjustly railroaded, the way so many blacks have been throughout history.

With no one left to cry to, Sen. Clinton has gone nuclear and she's getting kookier by the minute.

Yesterday she was toast. Today, she's looking more like scrambled eggs.

In a turn of desperate Clintonian logic, she says she's not getting out of the race "until there's a nominee."

But the reason there isn't a nominee is because she won't get out of the race!

Now, the party wants to move on to a new era with someone who at least appears not to have a "For Sale" sign on his principles and loyalties.

But Clinton refuses to go.

She's doing what the Clintons have always done. She's spinning and surviving and trying to win. It's the only principle that is non-negotiable for the Clintons.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #487513
05/09/08 12:37 PM
05/09/08 12:37 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

If they keep this up I'll have no choice but to vote for McCain, as much as it would pain me.

Obama lost me on his "typical white person" speech. This typical white person will give her vote to someone else.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Beth E] #487517
05/09/08 02:03 PM
05/09/08 02:03 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
If they keep this up I'll have no choice but to vote for McCain, as much as it would pain me.

Obama lost me on his "typical white person" speech. This typical white person will give her vote to someone else.

He does comes with a thin resume. If he's the nominee, I'll probably vote for him, but I won't necessarily enjoy doing so.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Partagas] #487519
05/09/08 02:06 PM
05/09/08 02:06 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
 Originally Posted By: Partagas

You know Jodie Foster is a lesbian.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Beth E] #487526
05/09/08 02:18 PM
05/09/08 02:18 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou

Who is pulling out the race card, really. According to Hillary, "there's no way that white people are going to vote for the black guy. Come November, you'll be sorry". Here Clinton implies - but never quite says- is that white people who aren't wealthy are irredemably racist.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Saladbar] #487529
05/09/08 02:23 PM
05/09/08 02:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
They've both been guilty of it, Salad. The irony is that the 72 year old white guy is benefiting the most from it.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #487615
05/10/08 11:21 AM
05/10/08 11:21 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Has McCain uttered one sound idea?

Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull