GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 382 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47961
12/19/01 06:47 AM
12/19/01 06:47 AM
Alexander Supalov Offline OP
Underboss
Alexander Supalov  Offline OP
Underboss
Hi!

I know this gonna be a provocation. Nevertheless, I think that, with all due respect, the Godfather book basically sucks, and if it were not for the brilliant Trilogy FFC and Puzo put together, the market success would be the only positive thing about the book. Now it can serve as a perfect companion to the movies - sorry, I don't see it anywhere close as a piece of art.

Best regards.

Alexander

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Alexander Supalov ]

You may wish to browse this GF FAQ of mine before putting forward another frequently asked question.
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47962
12/19/01 12:05 PM
12/19/01 12:05 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Alex:
(Supalov, Supafly?)

Just curious, which did you do first, read the book or see the movie?

I read the book a long time ago first before I saw the movies. Then I saw the movies numerous times and never read the book again until much later. I have to admit, after seeing the movies, there is no comparison. I would imagine if you saw the movies first and already had the impressions of Brando, Pacino, DeNiro, etc...in your mind, it would be hard to go back and read the novel. Also the novel goes into alot more specifics about some people whom aren't in the movie or whom are minor characters. I found the novel to be very "Hollywood" in dealing with the whole Johnny Fontaine/Lucy Mancini/Jules Segal angle.

Ooops, I'm rambling. I wouldn't say the novel sucks, I liked it alot...but I have read better.

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: La Dolce Vita ]

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47963
12/19/01 12:09 PM
12/19/01 12:09 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I've got to say your polite posts have been quite refreshing and you entitled to your own opinion. Thats perfectly cool with me. Heres mine.

The Godfather novel at the time it was written was one of the fastest selling books ever and a huge hit, a best seller even before the film was even thought of. Now on, (I think it was written maybe '64 or '66) over 30 years on it is still being read and enjoyed by people all over the world. I think it is safe to say it's a classic.

I love the book. To me I prefer most books to films anyway and this is a classic. The book without the film stands tall. But when there together they both add to each other's interest.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47964
12/19/01 03:09 PM
12/19/01 03:09 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

I too like the book. The reason for liking it is probably because I had the movie characters in mind, and whatever wasn't in the movie, I can just imagine them doing the scenes.

With that said, the only part of the book that I disliked was the whole Dr. Jules/Lucy Mancini section. Totally unrelated, totally unnecessary...

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47965
12/20/01 01:56 AM
12/20/01 01:56 AM
Anaheim Hills
Francis The Kid Forducci Offline
Capo
Francis The Kid Forducci  Offline
Capo
Anaheim Hills
I watched the GF trilogy hundreds of times and then I read the book. I couldn't even put the book down, it was that good.

"I had a whole different destiny planned." -Michael Corleone
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47966
12/20/01 03:55 AM
12/20/01 03:55 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Hi!

Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
...the only part of the book that I disliked was the whole Dr. Jules/Lucy Mancini section. Totally unrelated, totally unnecessary...

... very market oriented... I read somewhere that Puzo just got tired writing good books that nobody read, and decided to make a hit. Well, he managed it, in a sense. I mean, being a bestseller is undoubtly a good thing (see the original mail), but this doesn't help to qualify as a piece of art, sorry: you also can name a few, I guess.

Perhaps I have to expand on this: the amount of really great books is so big that an outstanding (in some parts) achievement of Mario Puzo is dwarved by comparison. The amount of movies, although noticeable, is very much smaller, and here the Trilogy stands out as a sole peak on a very uneven mountainous landscape, with dinosaurs crawling way down along the river.

Best regards.

Alexander

You may wish to browse this GF FAQ of mine before putting forward another frequently asked question.
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47967
12/20/01 04:04 AM
12/20/01 04:04 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Hi!

Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Just curious, which did you do first, read the book or see the movie?

Yes, I saw the movies first, and then bought the book to get some background. I got that, sure, but was very disappointed by the quality of writing, as well as by those annoying side stories. Without the movies, I'd have hardly even cared to have a look.

Best regards.

Alexander

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Alexander Supalov ]

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: Alexander Supalov ]

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47968
12/20/01 04:40 PM
12/20/01 04:40 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Originally posted by Alexander Supalov:

, with dinosaurs crawling way down along the river.

I love The Land Before Time movies......

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47969
01/06/02 12:34 PM
01/06/02 12:34 PM
Glasgow
La signora di fucile Offline
Made Member
La signora di fucile  Offline
Made Member
Glasgow
I seen the movie first (it wasn't intentional, just the way things panned out) and then I read the book. I adore both of them. I love the film because you can see the actor's emotions and see what Puzo wanted you to see with his writing, but I also loved the book, having seen the film, it gave a face to the characters but it gave you all those minute details that you often wonder about, all their thoughts and all

You shoot me in your DREAMS and you better wake up and apologise!
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47970
02/06/02 10:44 PM
02/06/02 10:44 PM
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Anthony Spilotro Offline
Capo
Anthony Spilotro  Offline
Capo
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The book rules and there's nothing u can say to change OUR minds

"Mio padre se chiamo Antonio Andolini, e questo รจ per te." - Robert De Niro to Giuseppe Sillato in The Godfather Part II.
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47971
02/07/02 09:49 PM
02/07/02 09:49 PM
NJ
J
joshyz Offline
Associate
joshyz  Offline
J
Associate
NJ
The book was very poorly written. Anyone who knows anything about writing could tell how poorly the book was written. However, having said that, the book's story was very interesting.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47972
02/07/02 10:38 PM
02/07/02 10:38 PM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
if you want to start an argument, you do what you just did. But we all know that the book is one of the best books ever written and thats a fact not an opinion

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47973
02/08/02 06:52 PM
02/08/02 06:52 PM
NJ
J
joshyz Offline
Associate
joshyz  Offline
J
Associate
NJ
You're mistaken. The book may be one of the most popular books of all time but that doesn't mean it was well written. There's a difference between popular and something that is artistic.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47974
02/08/02 08:06 PM
02/08/02 08:06 PM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
well bad written or good written or the type of writing that makes you think you can pull a better book out of your ass i dont care its still my favorite book.

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47975
02/08/02 09:43 PM
02/08/02 09:43 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I'd be interested in hearing which books Alexander Supalov and joshyz have read and considered better written. (Remember, I said have read wink )

In any event, I loved the book, but I don't consider it the "best" novel of all time either. But the writing is great, the story is great, and Mario is a great storyteller. Fuggedaboutit. (And count me as a fan not thrilled with the Dr/Lucy stuff either)

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47976
02/09/02 02:49 AM
02/09/02 02:49 AM
NJ
J
joshyz Offline
Associate
joshyz  Offline
J
Associate
NJ
Anything by Raymond Carver has been fantastic. JD Salinger. Fitzgerald. David Sedaris. Like I said the Godfather was a very interesting story it was just poorly written. Puzo tells a lot of what's happening. He doesn't let the reader discover it on their own.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47977
02/09/02 11:22 AM
02/09/02 11:22 AM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
jgeoff is right, but if you really think godfather is written so poorly then go read something else thats written so much better.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47978
02/09/02 03:44 PM
02/09/02 03:44 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by joshyz:
There's a difference between popular and something that is artistic.
Just as there is a difference between something that is artistic and something that is just plain good.

"The Godfather" by Mario Puzo (IMHO) is one of the best novels of the last 50 years.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47979
02/09/02 05:02 PM
02/09/02 05:02 PM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
...There's a difference between popular and something that is artistic.
I'd be interested in hearing your view-point on what was "not artistic" or "poorly written" about the Godfather. One has to keep in mind that in works of Art/Entertainment (for example, music, painting, movies, books, and even food) THERE IS NOTHING THAT IS OBJECTIVELY ARTISTIC. There will be people who like any movie (wheather it's comedy, drama, suspence, sci-fi, gangster...etc) and will consider that movie is the best movie of all time. The same goes for books, music, paintings...etc.

As far as I know, there were never any rules that limited "artistic works" to certain guidlines. Remember that many artists (like Amadeus Mozart and Beathoven among thousands of other artists) were considered flops during their life-times. However, their artistic-nature came on eventually. That is a classic example of the different tastes of the people who make the definition of what's artistic.

As was pointed above, you are entitled to your own opinion of how artistic the book is. And so is Puzo (RIP) (referring to the book not being his best work). However, I'd disagree. Although I do agree that nothing he wrote after The Godfather was better (personal-artistically speaking) than The Fortunate Pilgrim, but I still think that with very little modification of some sub-plots, nothing that I have read could be better than the Godfather (not that I can think of anything that is better than it now).

ps: I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here, but this thread kind-of reminds me on the movie Amadeus (about Mozart). Where some rival-musicians' criticism was that the works had "too many notes". I used to laugh my eyes off when they said it. "...exactly which notes did you have in mind..."

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47980
02/09/02 05:20 PM
02/09/02 05:20 PM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
Anything by Raymond Carver has been fantastic. JD Salinger. Fitzgerald. David Sedaris. Like I said the Godfather was a very interesting story it was just poorly written. Puzo tells a lot of what's happening. He doesn't let the reader discover it on their own.
I agree that Salinger and Fitzgerald are both great novelists. You'd have a tough time finding someone who disputes that. The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby are among the greatest novels ever writen. But come on, David Sadaris? I have Me Talk Pretty One Day sitting right next to me. Sure his stories are funny, but to even compare his work with Mario Puzos is hard for me to imagine. For those of you who don't know Sadaris, he basically recounts funny stories of his daily life and puts a bunch together and makes a book. He's not even a novelist. So, I agree with you that he is a good writer, but putting him against Puzo(especially The Godfather ) is like putting Chris Witney against Michael Jordan.

And I also feel that The Godfather was very well written.

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47981
03/15/02 07:43 AM
03/15/02 07:43 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Hi!

Originally posted by J Geoff:
I'd be interested in hearing which books [b]Alexander Supalov and joshyz have read and considered better written. (Remember, I said have read wink )[/b]
For starters, "The cruel sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat, and generally everything written by this author: "HMS Marlboro will enter harbour", "Leave cancelled", etc.

Then, everything written by Ray Bradbury, especially his short stories - they are singularly brilliant without exception.

One shouldn't either forget Edgar Allan Poe and Arthur Conan Doyle, who were doing some early research in the relatively close genre of crime story.

Then one recalls assorted bits of Ernest Hamingway, early Erich Maria Remarque, some of Heinrich Boehl, and many other interesting authors of the 20th century.

For a taste of an exceptional historical writing that never fails to entertain one should really have a go of the books written by Winston S. Churchill (yes, that Churchill), starting with his famous history of the Second World War.

For dessert one can proceed to the classic Russian and French literature and disappear there for a very long time just compiling the list of the worthy books I have read.

[Linked Image]

Best regards.

Alexander

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47982
03/15/02 09:25 PM
03/15/02 09:25 PM
Melbourne
Liz_85 Offline
Capo
Liz_85  Offline
Capo
Melbourne
Originally posted by Neri:
I agree that Salinger and Fitzgerald are both great novelists. You'd have a tough time finding someone who disputes that. The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby are among the greatest novels ever writen.
I've never read the Great Gatsby, but I have read the Catcher in the Rye and I didn't really it. Maybe because I forced to read it for one of my classes put me off it straight away, but the story didn't really interest me too much. Just my opinion.

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47983
04/01/02 04:10 AM
04/01/02 04:10 AM
geelong, australia
injektilo* Offline
wizard of aus
injektilo*  Offline
wizard of aus
Underboss
geelong, australia
I watched each of the three movies once and then read the book. I read it in a week, I seriously couldn't put it down, even though I knew most of what happens.

I have never seen a movie that is as good as the book it was based on. That was until the Godfather. I think I benefited from having the pictures of Pacino, Deniro, Brando, Duvall etc in my head when I read it. This gave a real face to the book, however It takes out that 'imagination' part of it.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47984
04/01/02 11:09 AM
04/01/02 11:09 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Don Alessandro:
The book rules and there's nothing u can say to change OUR minds
Well said. The title is right, Ay Caramba YOU'RE an outcast, Supalov.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47985
04/01/02 11:13 AM
04/01/02 11:13 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Liz_85:
I agree that Salinger and Fitzgerald are both great novelists. You'd have a tough time finding someone who disputes that. The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby are among the greatest novels ever writen.
I've never read the Great Gatsby, but I have read the Catcher in the Rye and I didn't really it. Maybe because I forced to read it for one of my classes put me off it straight away, but the story didn't really interest me too much. Just my opinion.
Yeah, the Catcher and the Goddamn Rye, wasn't that Goddamn good. it was pretty Goddmn boring, thats why we read it at the Goddamn school, becasue we wouldbn't read the goddamn in our own free goddamn time lol.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47986
04/01/02 11:19 AM
04/01/02 11:19 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by DonAlx:
well bad written or good written or the type of writing that makes you think you can pull a better book out of your ass i dont care its still my favorite book.
well said. The book he'd pull out of his ass is probably Poppa Beaver's Story Time lol

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47987
04/01/02 11:23 AM
04/01/02 11:23 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
[b]Anything by Raymond Carver has been fantastic. JD Salinger. Fitzgerald. David Sedaris. Like I said the Godfather was a very interesting story it was just poorly written. Puzo tells a lot of what's happening. He doesn't let the reader discover it on their own.
I agree that Salinger and Fitzgerald are both great novelists. You'd have a tough time finding someone who disputes that. The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby are among the greatest novels ever writen. But come on, David Sadaris? I have Me Talk Pretty One Day sitting right next to me. Sure his stories are funny, but to even compare his work with Mario Puzos is hard for me to imagine. For those of you who don't know Sadaris, he basically recounts funny stories of his daily life and puts a bunch together and makes a book. He's not even a novelist. So, I agree with you that he is a good writer, but putting him against Puzo(especially The Godfather ) is like putting Chris Witney against Michael Jordan.

And I also feel that The Godfather was very well written.[/b]
he might prefer Shaq over Jordan lol

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47988
04/01/02 11:30 AM
04/01/02 11:30 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Ricardo, I don't want to sound rude but is there anyway you could put all your replies into one reply. It'll be less annoying and easier to read.

Thanks.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47989
04/02/02 07:47 AM
04/02/02 07:47 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Hi!

Originally posted by Ricardo:
...Ay Caramba YOU'RE an outcast, Supalov.
Cut the crap, ah? Do you think you know it better than the Pope?

Best regards (still).

Alexander

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47990
04/02/02 01:21 PM
04/02/02 01:21 PM
Gent, Flanders
Don Cortisone Offline
Underboss
Don Cortisone  Offline
Underboss
Gent, Flanders
Originally posted by Alexander Supalov:
I think that, with all due respect, the Godfather book basically sucks, and if it were not for the brilliant Trilogy FFC and Puzo put
I didn't read the book, but I read sort of thing also from a reviewer. But you've gotta admit: a good director can make things change. How can you otherwise explain that Bible films are most of the time good, the Bible sucks a literature (with all respect for catholics et alii)

*Flanders Free*
"Sire, il n'ya pas de Belges" - Jules Destrรฉe (Belgian/Walloon minister of education in 1912)
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47991
04/02/02 11:08 PM
04/02/02 11:08 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I enjoyed the book immensely. I'd seen the movies first (all 3), so maybe that's why I got into the novel so much. However, although I enjoyed it, I can see how someone else--even a Mafia "fan"--might not appreciate it as a "great piece of literature." Held up to the old, old classics (e.g., Beowulf, The Odyssey, Fall of the House of Usher, Great Expectations, etc.), The Godfather is--literarily speaking--a dime novel. But on its own, I consider it a classic. wink

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47992
04/05/02 10:47 AM
04/05/02 10:47 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Ricardo, I don't want to sound rude but is there anyway you could put all your replies into one reply. It'll be less annoying and easier to read.

Thanks.
I Don't know how....
I usually click the Reply with Quote. How do i reply to more than one quote in ONE reply?

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47993
04/05/02 02:24 PM
04/05/02 02:24 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Originally posted by Don Cortisone:
I didn't read the book, but I read sort of thing also from a reviewer. But you've gotta admit: a good director can make things change. How can you otherwise explain that Bible films are most of the time good, the Bible sucks a literature (with all respect for catholics et alii)
Originally posted by Snake:
I enjoyed the book immensely. I'd seen the movies first (all 3), so maybe that's why I got into the novel so much. However, although I enjoyed it, I can see how someone else--even a Mafia "fan"--might not appreciate it as a "great piece of literature." Held up to the old, old classics (e.g., Beowulf, The Odyssey, Fall of the House of Usher, Great Expectations, etc.), The Godfather is--literarily speaking--a dime novel. But on its own, I consider it a classic. wink
I Don't know how....
I usually click the Reply with Quote. How do i reply to more than one quote in ONE reply?
Like this grin

Ah it doesn't matter mate, you do what you feel comfortable with. smile

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47994
04/07/02 10:00 PM
04/07/02 10:00 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Originally posted by Don Cortisone:
[b]I didn't read the book, but I read sort of thing also from a reviewer. But you've gotta admit: a good director can make things change. How can you otherwise explain that Bible films are most of the time good, the Bible sucks a literature (with all respect for catholics et alii)
Originally posted by Snake:
I Don't know how....
Like this grin

Ah it doesn't matter mate, you do what you feel comfortable with. smile [/b]
Let's TRY this

Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden:
My father is a goat-f*cking Bastard!

My Mother isa dimebag whore

[qb] JGeoff is GOD! (besides 2pac)
HOY HOY

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47995
04/07/02 10:04 PM
04/07/02 10:04 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
QUOTE]
I Don't know how....
Like this grin

Ah it doesn't matter mate, you do what you feel comfortable with. smile [/qb]
Let's TRY this

Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden:
My father is a goat-f*cking Bastard!

My Mother isa dimebag whore

[b] JGeoff is GOD! (besides 2pac)
HOY HOY[/b][/QUOTE]

It kind of worked.

I figured outt he qb shit, i'l probably ever ememebr it next time tho lol.

Re: Gonna be outcast? Ay carramba! #47996
05/17/02 11:12 PM
05/17/02 11:12 PM
Youngstown , Ohio
S
santino_f Offline
Associate
santino_f  Offline
S
Associate
Youngstown , Ohio
when i lived in Sicily, I bought and read Il Padrino in Italian. I loved it! mabe it was just the atmosphere i read the book in, in Sicily and all, but i liked the book better than the movies. the book is still a top seller over there! (as are the movies)

"...C'era un solo uomo che poteva sistmare una simile faccenda. Il Padrino. Don Corleone."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull