GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ciment, Toodoped, Blackmobs), 303 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,378
Posts1,059,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #475508
02/24/08 12:50 PM
02/24/08 12:50 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Hey DC, how about you go and whine about Geoff as well?

Oh thats right, he's THE BOSS.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Cardi] #475515
02/24/08 01:13 PM
02/24/08 01:13 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Hey DC, how about you go and whine about Geoff as well?

Oh thats right, he's THE BOSS.

Check the Movie Discussion Thread.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Cardi] #475516
02/24/08 01:15 PM
02/24/08 01:15 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Fuck it. I'm just tired of the backhanded hypocrisy and good ole boys club going/that has been going on here for a while. I seriously don't care one way or the other but ehh I'll call people on their bullshit. No one is here holding my hand or anything, so just fuck off meng ()

Oh, and it's not like the poster I was referring to previously doesn't come out of the woodwork to whine and try to police other's thoughts and "language" while at the same time berating others constantly. But whatever. Honestly, I don't give a shit.

Last edited by Don Andrew; 02/24/08 01:16 PM.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Andrew] #475517
02/24/08 01:19 PM
02/24/08 01:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Fuck it. I'm just tired of the backhanded hypocrisy and good ole boys club going/that has been going on here for a while. I seriously don't care one way or the other but ehh I'll call people on their bullshit. No one is here holding my hand or anything, so just fuck off meng ()

Oh, and it's not like the poster I was referring to previously doesn't come out of the woodwork to whine and try to police other's thoughts and "language" while at the same time berating others constantly. But whatever. Honestly, I don't give a shit.

You should go to the forums at WrestleCrap, and FCM, more often then. You would be a great addition.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #475518
02/24/08 01:21 PM
02/24/08 01:21 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Yeah, I lurk more than anything at those places.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Andrew] #475524
02/24/08 01:25 PM
02/24/08 01:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Yeah, I lurk more than anything at those places.

Brother, WC would welcome you with open arms.

*Gives DA the NWO T-shirt*

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #475541
02/24/08 02:27 PM
02/24/08 02:27 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
DMC happens to be right. Like Irish or not, like his reviews or not, he is constantly subject to nasty verbal attacks at the hands of several cyber-bullies who get their virtual rocks off by belittling someone else. And, whether you like him or not, Irish has behaved like a gentleman and never taken the bait.

Whether it's 4 people or 8 people or 50 people is immaterial. It's rude. And by pointing it out, DMC did nothing wrong, and didn't deserve a nasty post from Don Andrew or Ronnie, especially since Ronnie seems to be the most consistently nasty person when it comes to Irish.

As for what DC wrote, he may have been a bit personal, but he's also got a point. If everyone else feels they have the right to air their grievances, why shouldn't he? If Geoff or SC find a problem with it, then I'm sure they'll let him know. SC is one of the most fair people I know when it comes to that.

That's my two cents.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Cardi] #475544
02/24/08 02:37 PM
02/24/08 02:37 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
(and for your information, even in the threads that I do moderate, I've never banned or even suspended a member of this board.)

Well then I'm glad to know your constant threats are empty. Although you do delete posts you don't like or that make you look bad sometimes.

Let's also get something straight DC, I honestly enjoy your posts when you aren't talking down to other people. Especially about Mafia related stuff, you are very knowledgeable and informative. In fact you and I also have very similar politics. I just find it strange that there are a lot of people who feel the way I do about this, and there doesn't seem to be any problems with the other moderators. It's just you. When there is a problem that J Geoff, SC and Don Sicilia take care of they handle it in a much more professional manner. Short and to the point, end of problem. You make it personal by arguing and giving big lectures like you're a school principal talking to little kids or something like that.

You certainly are allowed to voice your opinions, but unfortunately you don't always allow the rest of us to do so. And I'm not talking about the direct attacks on people, such as Irishman. You get upset with anyone who has a different opinion as you and the threats start coming out or posts get deleted.

If I was the only one that felt this way then I would just keep my mouth shut. I probably should anyway, but I love this BB and I'm tired of seeing good members stop coming around because of this.

People on power trips usually don't realize they're on one.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Sicilian Babe] #475549
02/24/08 02:42 PM
02/24/08 02:42 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
DMC happens to be right. Like Irish or not, like his reviews or not, he is constantly subject to nasty verbal attacks at the hands of several cyber-bullies who get their virtual rocks off by belittling someone else. And, whether you like him or not, Irish has behaved like a gentleman and never taken the bait.

I agree with you a hundred percent there.

Quote:
As for what DC wrote, he may have been a bit personal, but he's also got a point. If everyone else feels they have the right to air their grievances, why shouldn't he? If Geoff or SC find a problem with it, then I'm sure they'll let him know. SC is one of the most fair people I know when it comes to that.

And that is also my point. SC and Geoff handle things very fair. But DC makes everything personal. It doesn't need to be personal, not with someone who is a moderator, a representative of the BB.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Blibbleblabble] #475558
02/24/08 03:29 PM
02/24/08 03:29 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

If I was the only one that felt this way then I would just keep my mouth shut.

Don't worry, you've been way too generous in your comments.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Sicilian Babe] #475564
02/24/08 04:00 PM
02/24/08 04:00 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Whether it's 4 people or 8 people or 50 people is immaterial. It's rude. And by pointing it out, DMC did nothing wrong, and didn't deserve a nasty post from Don Andrew or Ronnie, especially since Ronnie seems to be the most consistently nasty person when it comes to Irish.

That's my two cents.

My dear, its called "Ignore." That's how Irishman has not taken the bait. ;\)

Try it sometime.

BTW, if these bullies are so awful, how come they've never been given the axe? Besides, at least one of them has behaved since his last warning.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Blibbleblabble] #475565
02/24/08 04:02 PM
02/24/08 04:02 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

I agree with you a hundred percent there.

Quote:

And that is also my point. SC and Geoff handle things very fair. But DC makes everything personal. It doesn't need to be personal, not with someone who is a moderator, a representative of the BB.

Well, DC is DC. \:D

Remember when he called me a sack of shit because of my negative review of Stone's WORLD TRADE CENTER, he thought I was trashing the people that died that day?

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #475585
02/24/08 04:44 PM
02/24/08 04:44 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I really would not even have said anything if I hadn't noticed that DMC was essentially chastising others for "disrespect" when he certainly has had his share of trashing others. Just the hypocrisy fucks with me a little.

I'd also just like to add that I totally think that SC, Don Sicilia, and Geoff are all usually pretty good about everything.

Last edited by Don Andrew; 02/24/08 04:46 PM.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Andrew] #475589
02/24/08 04:58 PM
02/24/08 04:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Why haven't you gotten the ax? I really don't know, because your comments to Irish certainly have been personal. No two ways about it. But that's neither here nor there.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Sicilian Babe] #475593
02/24/08 05:28 PM
02/24/08 05:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Why haven't you gotten the ax? I really don't know, because your comments to Irish certainly have been personal. No two ways about it. But that's neither here nor there.

Name the last personal posting I made against Irish.

Yeah I argue with him on film reviews, but personal?

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Blibbleblabble] #475594
02/24/08 05:31 PM
02/24/08 05:31 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
(and for your information, even in the threads that I do moderate, I've never banned or even suspended a member of this board.)

Although you do delete posts you don't like or that make you look bad sometimes. You get upset with anyone who has a different opinion as you and the threats start coming out or posts get deleted.

You've said this several times before. I need to know when I'VE ever deleted your or anyone elses posts when having a discussion, debate or argument? You're making false claims here because I've NEVER deleted anyone's post who which I may not have agreed with.

Let's also get something straight DC, I honestly enjoy your posts when you aren't talking down to other people. Especially about Mafia related stuff, you are very knowledgeable and informative.

And I feel the same way about you also. I've always enjoyed your thoughts and ideas on most subjects that you've posted on or joined discussions on. It was only recently that I began to notice a slight change in your attitude and felt that you were starting to become more amd more beligerant with some of the comments you made towards others in your posts. And I am not the only one who noticed this. But hey, we can go back and forth all day about who is on your side and who is on mine, or how you became nasty and how I get personal. and it won't solve anything.

When there is a problem that J Geoff, SC and Don Sicilia take care of they handle it in a much more professional manner.

That's what makes people different. But I'll tell you this; in THIS THREAD, General Discussion, I do sometimes get more involved than those you've mentioned. I speak my mind in the heat of the battle, and perhaps sometimes speak more than I would over in the other threads. But I don't moderate this thread, and I never wanted to because I USED to enjoy debating here, (at least I did when they were somewhat mature debates), and felt that if I was a moderator here in this thread than I couldn't participate in some of those debates because of it.

You make it personal by arguing and giving big lectures like you're a school principal talking to little kids or something like that.

Well that's how little kids need to be dealt with sometimes. You cannot deny that some here post and act like little children on many occassions when others are trying to discuss a decent topic ( and I'm not speaking about you here )

..."Irish is an idiot"...." You're a jerk for thinking like that"....."Your opinion sucks"

Statements that are of a personal nature and many times have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion itself!

And then there are the empty quotes that are posted one after the other, or the one word replies that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. Don't little children do things like that? Act like that to cause unwarrented disruptions? When children act like children, than they deserve get treated like children.

You can't deny that this doesn't go on quite often by the same usual suspects.

You certainly are allowed to voice your opinions, but unfortunately you don't always allow the rest of us to do so.

When have I EVER told someone, outside of their making a personal attack, or in a non offensive post, that they are not allowed to voice thier opinion?

I love this BB and I'm tired of seeing good members stop coming around because of this.

Funny, it looks as though we both have the same feeling and goal in mind. Because I too, along with many others here, feel the same exact way about being tired of losing members from here because of the childish bullshit that's pulled by the same people over and over again.

At least we both seem to have our hearts in the right place when it comes to these boards.

I suggest that if either one of us want's to continue, we take it to a PM.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Cardi] #475597
02/24/08 06:10 PM
02/24/08 06:10 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Getting back to the subject,

i have asked this question a few times before inparticular when i was at school and my history teacher could never give me a answer so here it is,

Do you think Hitler was respected by the German people or Feared?

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: chopper] #475601
02/24/08 06:15 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I would say that they feared what he was capable of, no doubt, but also accepted him simply because they were vulnerable enough after the Treaty of Versailles and the Crisis of 1923, etc. to accept the loss of some their liberties in order to keep some economic well being. I guess he could command some respect, but groups such as the Hitler Youth were no doubt also built on a small sense of fear of not being accepted. But Goebbels and co. built his aura up enough to warrant some respect for Mein Fuhrer I suppose. Interesting question.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: chopper] #475602
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
 Originally Posted By: chopper
Getting back to the subject,

i have asked this question a few times before inparticular when i was at school and my history teacher could never give me a answer so here it is,

Both, but mainly feared I think.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Enzo Scifo] #475603
02/24/08 06:18 PM
02/24/08 06:18 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
I was also going to say a bit of both,i think when he first came to power he was respected but as time went on i think the respect went and the fear kicked in.

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: chopper] #475604
02/24/08 06:20 PM
02/24/08 06:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Chopper,

I think that's an interesting point. IMO, Hitler rose to power during a desperate time in Germany's history. The German economy was a mess, the people were starving, and, more than just give them hope, he gave them a scapegoat - the Jews.

I think originally people were attracted to him because he promised to fix all their problems. And then, when it came time to put his ideals into practice, he used whatever means were necessary. That's when he used fear quite effectively.

Imagine if your neighbors were being led away, and you rose to defend them. You said, Hey, these people have lived next door to me for 10 years. They're good and decent people. Why are you treating them this way?

And because of it, you were led away, too. How long do you think it would take for people to stop speaking up??

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Sicilian Babe] #475611
02/24/08 07:23 PM
02/24/08 07:23 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I've said it before the mods are babysitting and not getting paid.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: chopper] #475615
02/24/08 08:02 PM
02/24/08 08:02 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: chopper

DA and SB both gave good answers. To expand on them a little, imagine the state of mind of the German population after WWI. Imagine what it was like in Germany (especially financially) in the early 30's when inflation was way out of control. Along comes a man (for lack of a better word) and starts giving the population a sense of nationalism and starts fixing the economy. They no longer needed a wheelbarrow full of useless money to buy a loaf of bread. By the time (most of them, anyway) they saw what this little prick was really about, it was too late.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: SC] #475621
02/24/08 09:00 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
The tragedy of the Holocaust isn't that one man had the courage to do such evil, but that millions of others hadn't the courage to do good.

Under the thumb = pussy.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: SC] #475622
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I can't necessarily blame them too much, either. This was a hugely desperate situation and the main people he got support from in the early days of the Nazi party were the unemployed and scared property owners. It was a difficult situation and he did manage to fix their problems. What was a person to do, you know? The SS would've crushed anyone to begin with.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Andrew] #475623
02/24/08 09:02 PM
02/24/08 09:02 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Oh, and I forgot to show everyone my respect in the last post, with that fashionable "all is well" smiley that reminds one of my respect-giving (but really, it just magnifies the big "FUCK OFF I'LL DO AS I PLEASE!" attitude to what I just said):

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 02/24/08 09:05 PM.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #475624
02/24/08 09:04 PM
02/24/08 09:04 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
The tragedy of the Holocaust isn't that one man had the courage to do such evil, but that millions of others hadn't the courage to do good.

Under the thumb = pussy.

I would agree with that, it could never have happened without them sort of letting it slip, but I would also imagine that any rebellion was smashed at the source. I mean, you did have people like Hans and Sophie Scholl, but they were few and far between. Although I can probably picture what a bigger uprising could've accomplished.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Don Andrew] #475625
02/24/08 09:06 PM
02/24/08 09:06 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
There is a plethora of books about Hitler and the Third Reich by John Toland, Joachim Feist, Cornelius Ryan, and William Shirer just to name a few. I've read many of them and they do not support the contention that, generally, the German people during that period feared Hitler.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: olivant] #475626
02/24/08 09:08 PM
02/24/08 09:08 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
By the way, if anyone wants to get axed, forget Irish; pick on Don Smitten. \:p

( )

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 02/24/08 09:08 PM.

Re: People who you RESPECT [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #475634
02/24/08 09:34 PM
02/24/08 09:34 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Capo, Surprised that people didn't do more to stop Hitler? After the Holocaust, didn't we swear we would never let it happen again? That we would rise up and crush any government that would slaughter people like this? And yet, what did we do in Rwanda? What is the world doing in Darfur?

We want our comforts, we want our warm homes and food. If we have that, we really don't want to rock the boat.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull