GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 294 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,998
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,179
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The World is Yours Statue #46632
04/26/05 09:22 AM
04/26/05 09:22 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
What Bubble head is trying to say is that there were messages in Scarface about greed, jealousy, trust, mistrust, love, hate, power, friendship, envy, etc. Bubblehead, I agree with you that it was more than just a movie about an immigrant rising to power in the drug world. It was about a poor immigrant thirsting for the American dream and in his quest to acheive success in America we see him love and hate at the same time, become more power hungry, become more greedy, hurtful not only to his enemies or those who got in the way of his climb to success, but also to those he loved. Obvliously his hard life in Cuba had hardened him and once he tasted the freedoms of America, tasted the unlimited opportunities provided to him in America, he became an out of control steamroller who would not stop no matter what the cost! He had a compulsive personality. And his hardened heart, his continous drive to acheivement, his greed of not ever having enough, and his confidence that turned into arrogance all cost him his relationships with those that he loved, and his hubrus combined with all these other traits were what eventually contributed to his downfall!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The World is Yours Statue #46633
04/26/05 10:41 AM
04/26/05 10:41 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Originally posted by don vencent:
The Godfather is more about the family then
the crime most of the time

but scarface mom on the other hand did not
want him around

but i'm a scarface fan just like you but I can
just see for what it is

but if you can find the message please tell me
Why do u write
every post on the board
like this
is there a problem
with ur keyboard
?
!

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: The World is Yours Statue #46634
04/27/05 04:32 PM
04/27/05 04:32 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
yes

Re: The World is Yours Statue #46635
04/28/05 05:16 PM
04/28/05 05:16 PM
Bubblehead Offline
Button
Bubblehead  Offline
Button
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
What Bubble head is trying to say is that there were messages in Scarface about greed, jealousy, trust, mistrust, love, hate, power, friendship, envy, etc. Bubblehead, I agree with you that it was more than just a movie about an immigrant rising to power in the drug world. It was about a poor immigrant thirsting for the American dream and in his quest to acheive success in America we see him love and hate at the same time, become more power hungry, become more greedy, hurtful not only to his enemies or those who got in the way of his climb to success, but also to those he loved. Obvliously his hard life in Cuba had hardened him and once he tasted the freedoms of America, tasted the unlimited opportunities provided to him in America, he became an out of control steamroller who would not stop no matter what the cost! He had a compulsive personality. And his hardened heart, his continous drive to acheivement, his greed of not ever having enough, and his confidence that turned into arrogance all cost him his relationships with those that he loved, and his hubrus combined with all these other traits were what eventually contributed to his downfall!

Don Cardi cool
after reading this i give you a standing ovation!! That was one of the top 3 best descriptions of Scarface. Very very good!

Don't call me baby. I'm not your baby.
Re: The World is Yours Statue #46636
04/28/05 09:32 PM
04/28/05 09:32 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Bubblehead:
after reading this i give you a standing ovation!! That was one of the top 3 best descriptions of Scarface. Very very good!
Tanks mang!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The World is Yours Statue #46637
04/28/05 10:07 PM
04/28/05 10:07 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Most of these themes were taken from the original. I'm not saying the movie isn't good, but I feel it has very little depth.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: The World is Yours Statue #46638
04/29/05 03:51 PM
04/29/05 03:51 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Most of these themes were taken from the original. I'm not saying the movie isn't good, but I feel it has very little depth.
as allways you can say it better then I can
ohwell

Re: The World is Yours Statue #46639
06/06/05 11:21 AM
06/06/05 11:21 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Al Pacino's performance is one of the things that hold this film up. As Don Vercetti has stated many, many times, many, almost all the themes of betrayal, etc. were taken from the original. So if you're talking about all these things about betrayal and real life stuff taking place in Scarface making it a good film, might as well be talking about the original! Don't get me wrong, I love Scarface but arguments about it being Al's best film aren't very good. The Godfather Trilogy are Al's best film(s). (At least two of them, anyway wink )IMHO.

What is so deep about the godfather??
confused eek

Hey, how's it going?
Re: The World is Yours Statue #46640
06/06/05 01:21 PM
06/06/05 01:21 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
ok then. What is so deep about the godfather??
Bubblehead-

I am a lover of Scarface. One of my favorites. But when it comes to comparing it to The Godfather, it doesn't even come close. Scarface is very entertaining, Pacino's acting is great and it is what makes the movie. The Montana character is a rogue character which appeals to our inner selves, deep down enjoying that he really did what he wanted to get to where he wanted, not giving a damn about anything and just telling anyone that got in his way to "go F**k themselves!" Entertaining, yes, but overall it is really a one dimensional movie when you really think about it. And I still love it!

The Godfather is a very deep movie with very deep plots and subplots. You can watch any scene in the Godfather and dive deep down into it trying to figure out it's real meaning and assess the characters involved in the scenes. It is a three dimensional movie. Definately one of the greatest in film history.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: The World is Yours Statue #46641
06/06/05 03:09 PM
06/06/05 03:09 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Amen to that DC!

Hey, how's it going?
Page 2 of 2 1 2