GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 78 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #462338
01/09/08 10:39 PM
01/09/08 10:39 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
You know what?? Hillary is said to be robotic and unemotional. Then she shows some emotion, and she's called either unstable or a faker. There is a long campaign ahead for many of these candidates, and everyone should remember that, especially the candidates!

I really don't care about a President's personality. He can be the spawn of the devil for all I care. I want one with sufficient intellect to make good decisions that enhance America. Nearly 4,000 deaths later, to some Bush is still someone you can go out and have a beer with. Madonne!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #462556
01/10/08 10:19 AM
01/10/08 10:19 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: olivant
Nearly 4,000 deaths later, to some Bush is still someone you can go out and have a beer with. Madonne!

As long as he's not drinking with John Newcombe...

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #462587
01/10/08 11:02 AM
01/10/08 11:02 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Everyone in favor of putting duct tape over Chris Matthew's mouth say Aye!

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #462589
01/10/08 11:04 AM
01/10/08 11:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
AYE, AYE, AYE.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #462592
01/10/08 11:08 AM
01/10/08 11:08 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Aye, Aye. Then we'll staple Bill O'Reilly's mouth shut.

Last edited by Beth E; 01/10/08 11:09 AM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Beth E] #462595
01/10/08 11:13 AM
01/10/08 11:13 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I'll amen that as well. Does anyone know exactly why the blog world calls Mathews "Tweety?"

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #462600
01/10/08 11:18 AM
01/10/08 11:18 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
How about we just kill off anyone who describes themselves as a "pundit?"

I mean, wtf, just for calling yourself a silly name like that you should lose your voting rights.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #462626
01/10/08 12:15 PM
01/10/08 12:15 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I'll amen that as well. Does anyone know exactly why the blog world calls Mathews "Tweety?"

TIS

Because he tought he taw a putty tat. \:\)

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #462643
01/10/08 12:46 PM
01/10/08 12:46 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: klydon1

TIS

Because he tought he taw a putty tat. \:\)

I'll bite .. why?
And while we are at it lets gag Russert, Hannity and Tom Brokaw.
I thought Brokaw retired. He should get out already.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #462666
01/10/08 12:59 PM
01/10/08 12:59 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Actually I don't know why Tweety. I was wondering if anyone else did. It's funny though.

Back to the media for a moment. A lot of people (bloggers) are slamming the media for reporting that John Kerry is supporting Obama, and that the Culinary union in Nevada as well. These people claim it's to sway voters. I'd like to think voters aren't that gullible.....but then Bush was elected twice.

I think, to a degree, this is important no? I mean I'm sure soon Carter will say who he is backing, along with say Ted Kennedy or anyone Dem Or Rep, of importance may say who they are backing. Is this something that you take as the media's fault? Should it not be reported? In other words what would be considered news without bias and just plain news?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #462687
01/10/08 01:58 PM
01/10/08 01:58 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Back to the media for a moment. A lot of people (bloggers) are slamming the media for reporting that John Kerry is supporting Obama, and that the Culinary union in Nevada as well. These people claim it's to sway voters. TIS

I would criticize the media if they didn't report this. I don't know what effect endorsements have, but when the 2004 Democratic nominee for president, who lost a close election to a sitting president, endorses someone other than his running mate, it's pretty interesting.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #462691
01/10/08 02:36 PM
01/10/08 02:36 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

First, the media reorted with cerainty that the Culinary Union in Nevada was going to endorse Obama. I have not heard about John Kerry. Whatever the case it is not clear the Culinary Union's endorsement was contingent upon Obama winning the NH Primary. This fact was omitted from all news accounts I saw.
The reporters are supposed to report THE FACTS. I remember the morning of the Benezair Bhutto Assassination when Mika Brezinski was hearing stuff in her ear about the developments and she kept saying to the director ...Can I go with this? Can I go with this, and then she said first that there was a "report" that she could not verify that Bhutto was hit and in hospital. Then she said there was a "report unconfirmed that she was in grave condition" then a "report she had died" and finally a confirmation from Reuters that she was dead. Thats how developing news is reportd properly. You tell the listener, or viewer or reader what is going on. The "unconfirmed report" tells us that we cannot rely on it but that is what is being said. Once it is "confirmed" then we have the facts.

Here they jumped the gun on this Culinary Union thing which is inexcusable, even if they wind up backing Obama. The news was they were considering it, but there were conditions.

As for Kerry's endorsement, I doubt it does much good whether true or untrue. I dont think endorsements mean much. As far as Kerry not endorsing his former running mate, be reminded that Gore did the same thing to Lieberman in 04 when he endorsed Dean.
In both cases there is no love lost betwen the former running mates. Lieberman, who is one of the sneakist lying weasels on th lanet stabbed Gore in the back during the Florida recount, and of course later on he stabbed his own party in the back when he refused to play by the rules. As for Edwards, the Kerry people think he tanked the debate against Cheney and basically ran a lazy campaign with the idea he could get national recognisition to make his own run four years hence if Kerry lost. I do not think these guys are even oon spaking terms. I have also heard that Edwards had some unkind things to say about Kerry's wife.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #462694
01/10/08 02:54 PM
01/10/08 02:54 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
These politicians can publicly endorse whoever they want but once they get behind that curtain to cast their vote no one knows.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #462718
01/10/08 05:46 PM
01/10/08 05:46 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #464006
01/15/08 02:58 PM
01/15/08 02:58 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I recieved this e-mail today. Thought I would pass it on.

33 Senators Voted Against English as America 'S Official Language June 6, 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:35:23 -0500, "Colonel Harry Riley USA ret" wrote:

Senators:

Your vote against an amendment to the Immigration Bill 1348, to make English America 'S official language is astounding. On D-Day no less when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock character and principles of America .

I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from, what your religion is, whether you're black, white or some other color, male or female, democrat, republican or independent, but I do care when you're a United States Senator, representing citizens of America and vote against English as the official language of the United States

Your vote reflects betrayal, political surrender, violates your pledge of allegiance, dishonors historical principle, rejects patriotism, borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator... impeachment, recall, or other appropriate action is warranted.

Worse, 4 of you voting against English as America 'S official language are presidential candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd, and Senator Obama.

Those 4 Senators vying to lead America but won't or don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of English as America's official language when 91% of American citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as political hacks... unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States.

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a back-lash so stunning it will literally rock you out of your panties... and preferably, totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... your action only confirms this really isn't about America ; it's about self-serving politics...despicable at best.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

The following senators voted against making English the official language of America :

Akaka (D-HI)

Bayh (D-IN)

Biden (D-DE) Wants to be President?

Bingaman (D-NM)

Boxer (D-CA)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Clinton (D-NY) Wants to be President?

Dayton (D-MN)

Dodd (D-CT) Wants to be President?

Domenici (R-NM) Coward, protecting his Senate seat...

Durbin (D-IL)

Feingold (D-WI) Not unusual for him

Feinstein (D-CA)

Harkin (D-IA)

Inouye (D-HI)

Jeffords (I-VT)

Kennedy (D-MA)

Kerry (D-MA) Wanted to be President

Kohl (D-WI)

Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

Lieberman (D-CT) Disappointment here.....

Menendez (D-NJ)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murray (D-WA)

Obama (D-IL) Wants to be President?

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV) Senate Majority Leader

Salazar (D-CO)

Sarbanes (D-MD)

Schumer (D-NY)

Stabenow (D-M)

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged."

~ President Abraham Lincoln " Amen "

Please forward to as many people as you know. WE NEED THIS INFORMATION PASSED ON TO EVERY RED-BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!!!

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #464007
01/15/08 03:16 PM
01/15/08 03:16 PM
P
Partagas Offline
Partagas  Offline
P

Originally Posted By: Mignon

Don't say bye yet! he will be the Dem VP Nomination.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Partagas] #464181
01/15/08 10:34 PM
01/15/08 10:34 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Just curious, what will making English as the official language achieve more than what it already does?

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #464189
01/15/08 11:13 PM
01/15/08 11:13 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I recieved this e-mail today. Thought I would pass it on.

33 Senators Voted Against English as America 'S Official Language June 6, 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:35:23 -0500, "Colonel Harry Riley USA ret" wrote:

Senators:

Your vote against an amendment to the Immigration Bill 1348, to make English America 'S official language is astounding. On D-Day no less when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock character and principles of America .

I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from, what your religion is, whether you're black, white or some other color, male or female, democrat, republican or independent, but I do care when you're a United States Senator, representing citizens of America and vote against English as the official language of the United States

Your vote reflects betrayal, political surrender, violates your pledge of allegiance, dishonors historical principle, rejects patriotism, borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator... impeachment, recall, or other appropriate action is warranted.

Worse, 4 of you voting against English as America 'S official language are presidential candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd, and Senator Obama.

Those 4 Senators vying to lead America but won't or don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of English as America's official language when 91% of American citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as political hacks... unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States.

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a back-lash so stunning it will literally rock you out of your panties... and preferably, totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... your action only confirms this really isn't about America ; it's about self-serving politics...despicable at best.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

The following senators voted against making English the official language of America :

Akaka (D-HI)

Bayh (D-IN)

Biden (D-DE) Wants to be President?

Bingaman (D-NM)

Boxer (D-CA)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Clinton (D-NY) Wants to be President?

Dayton (D-MN)

Dodd (D-CT) Wants to be President?

Domenici (R-NM) Coward, protecting his Senate seat...

Durbin (D-IL)

Feingold (D-WI) Not unusual for him

Feinstein (D-CA)

Harkin (D-IA)

Inouye (D-HI)

Jeffords (I-VT)

Kennedy (D-MA)

Kerry (D-MA) Wanted to be President

Kohl (D-WI)

Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

Lieberman (D-CT) Disappointment here.....

Menendez (D-NJ)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murray (D-WA)

Obama (D-IL) Wants to be President?

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV) Senate Majority Leader

Salazar (D-CO)

Sarbanes (D-MD)

Schumer (D-NY)

Stabenow (D-M)

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged."

~ President Abraham Lincoln " Amen "

Please forward to as many people as you know. WE NEED THIS INFORMATION PASSED ON TO EVERY RED-BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!!!

That's some of the stupidest shit I have ever read. I am so utterly saddened to know that I can't have the last minute of my life back from reading that backwards ass cowboy bullshit. My goodness.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Partagas] #464190
01/15/08 11:14 PM
01/15/08 11:14 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
 Originally Posted By: Partagas

Don't say bye yet! he will be the Dem VP Nomination.

That'd be cool. I'm distantly related to him.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: svsg] #464317
01/16/08 11:09 AM
01/16/08 11:09 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: svsg
Just curious, what will making English as the official language achieve more than what it already does?

I don't know.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #464319
01/16/08 11:15 AM
01/16/08 11:15 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Reminds me of a trip through the south, a few years back. Some goober sees my NY license plates and starts right in. It lead right up to his asking, "Dudn't annabody talk English no more?"

Then he introduced me to his wife and sister. The problem was, there was only one woman standing there.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #464320
01/16/08 11:20 AM
01/16/08 11:20 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

If your family tree doesn't fork, you might be a redneck.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #464329
01/16/08 11:32 AM
01/16/08 11:32 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Then he introduced me to his wife and sister. The problem was, there was only one woman standing there.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: SC] #464331
01/16/08 11:36 AM
01/16/08 11:36 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I'm learning towards McCain and Huckabee at the moment. I don't really like anyone else.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Longneck] #464332
01/16/08 11:45 AM
01/16/08 11:45 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Longneck
I'm learning towards McCain and Huckabee at the moment. I don't really like anyone else.

I still think it's early, but I'm holding out hope for an Edwards/Obama or Obama/Edwards ticket on the ballot. If not, I'd seriously consider voting for Bloomberg, if he decides to run as an independent. I'd vote for McCain over Clinton, but if it ended up Romney or Huckabee against any ticket with Clinton on it, I really don't know what I'd do.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #464335
01/16/08 11:52 AM
01/16/08 11:52 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Longneck

I still think it's early, but I'm holding out hope for an Edwards/Obama or Obama/Edwards ticket on the ballot. If not, I'd seriously consider voting for Bloomberg, if he decides to run as an independent. I'd vote for McCain over Clinton, but if it ended up Romney or Huckabee against any ticket with Clinton on it, I really don't know what I'd do.

If it comes down to Romney vs. Clinton I don't know what I'd do.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Longneck] #464337
01/16/08 12:05 PM
01/16/08 12:05 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Bloomberg is someone in the past I would have seriously given my vote too. He's shown he has the smarts and the cajones. Rumors of him being a big time sexist would leave me leary though.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Beth E] #464338
01/16/08 12:08 PM
01/16/08 12:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
Rumors of him being a big time sexist would leave me leary though.

I don't think that'll be much of an issue. I mean, he's won right here in "Carrie Bradshaw" territory twice.

Then again, I'm a guy, so what do I know?

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #464339
01/16/08 12:20 PM
01/16/08 12:20 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Rumors of him being a big time sexist would leave me leary though.

I don't think that'll be much of an issue. I mean, he's won right here in "Carrie Bradshaw" territory twice.

"Carrie Bradshaw" would vote for him as long as he promised her free Jimmy Choo shoes.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Beth E] #464374
01/16/08 02:12 PM
01/16/08 02:12 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Bloomberg Better make a move soon if he is going to do anything. Personally I hope he doesnt run because it will cut into the Democrtic base more than the republican base.

Page 4 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull