GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 100 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,481
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Historic/Significant Places To Eat #430842
09/03/07 12:33 AM
09/03/07 12:33 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
Diners in NJ are a dying breed, sure there are tons of them but they are not the "real" stainless dining cars that were pre-fabricated and dropped off, now they are all fancy and lost that old feel... there are a few left, and the BENDIX diner in Hasbrouck Heights NJ, is, unfortunately a dump -- if you can't even make eggs, then you are in trouble... Appearance, Cleanliness, and Food, all = "D" in my opinion... The White Circle Hamburger place/diner on Bloomfield Ave in Bloomfield closed, so they are disappearing quickly... any notable places in your area(s)?

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: JRCX] #430948
09/03/07 11:42 AM
09/03/07 11:42 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Does anyone remember hearing of "The Brown Derby" in Hollywood? That was a very very famous hangout they say for celebrities. My sister and I visted CA in 1968 (first visit). We really had a great package, staying at the Century Plaza which at the time hosted the Academy Awards. We had wonderful tours, and one of the stops was the Brown Derby. Even by that time however, it was more of the "landmark" and we didn't see anyone famous. However, just being there was so cool. Unfortunately, that no longer exists either. \:\(

TIS

The Brown Derby

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430954
09/03/07 11:53 AM
09/03/07 11:53 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

We still have Little Tavern hamburger shops here. The hamburgers are no more then bite size. You need a bag of 9 just to fill you up. At least you do at midnight when you have the munchies. \:\) We call them deathburgers.

We also have some old diner style restaurants. The ones with the little juke boxes on the table and the old fashion tables.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Beth E] #430955
09/03/07 12:00 PM
09/03/07 12:00 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I was telling you about a movie supposedly in Baltimore... there was a scene in which the characters ended up at a White Tower (a chain similar to White Castle)... we had a few of them here in New York and I remember going to them (and thinking I was a restaurant critic - at age 10 - and comparing them to White Castle).

TIS - I had gone to the Brown Derby, too. Must have been around 1979 or so... I was shocked to see how small it was. (I didn't "see" anyone famous either).

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: SC] #430960
09/03/07 12:05 PM
09/03/07 12:05 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Another good Baltimore based movie to see those kinds of scenes is "Tin Men". Some of those scenes were actually filmed at areas I grew up in or have been around. It's great to point out to out of towners spots I'm familiar with.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: JRCX] #430971
09/03/07 12:28 PM
09/03/07 12:28 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: JRCX
Diners in NJ are a dying breed, sure there are tons of them but they are not the "real" stainless dining cars that were pre-fabricated and dropped off, now they are all fancy and lost that old feel... there are a few left, and the BENDIX diner in Hasbrouck Heights NJ, is, unfortunately a dump -- if you can't even make eggs, then you are in trouble... Appearance, Cleanliness, and Food, all = "D" in my opinion... The White Circle Hamburger place/diner on Bloomfield Ave in Bloomfield closed, so they are disappearing quickly... any notable places in your area(s)?

How Ironic that you bring this up.

A few weeks ago they actually moved one of the last "stainless steel" diners that were left, to another location, here on Staten Island.

Staten Island Diner Moved From Long-Time Home
Posted by Staten Island Advance August 14, 2007 8:34AM

All the orders at the Victory Diner in Staten Island this morning were to go.

After more than a week of preparations, the landmark restaurant was finally jacked up from its long-time home in Dongan Hills before dawn and driven on a slow 12 mph journey through Staten Island streets to its place in history.

The first stop is a temporary storage area behind the Midland Beach promenade, where it came to rest just as the sun came up.

A group of about 25 awed spectators -- including former owner and cook Maria Pappas, Parks Department officials and dedicated patrons -- gathered at Richmond Road and Seaver Avenue to watch as the 1940s diner began winding its way down Seaver, North Railroad and Midland avenues to Father Capodanno Boulevard.

"Oh my diner, oh my diner," wailed Mrs. Pappas as she sprinkled what she calls her second home with holy water. "She's beautiful, she shines. She shines more today than any other time."

Many followed in a convoy until it arrived behind the women's comfort station 5:15 a.m.

The 1.8-mile, 45-minute ride was right on schedule; in fact it would have been 10 minutes early if Parks officials didn't have to locate the owner of an illegally parked car on Midland Avenue, which hindered the wide load from getting through.

Though an opening day has not been decided, the classic chrome-and-neon restaurant will now serve hungry Staten Islanders on the Ocean Breeze waterfront near a future kiddie park proposed by Borough President James Molinaro.

"Maybe she likes the beach more, maybe she likes the water more," Mrs. Pappas said. "I know she's going to bring good luck."

People from across the Island and as far away as Long Island got up to wish the Victory a pleasant journey.

"You take the diner, we've gotta go with it," mused Danny Quinn, a former Bay Terrace resident who now lives in Lindenhurst, L.I. The passenger in a Mustang convertible, Quinn videotaped the entire journey. "I'm glad it's going to be put to good use. Not many diners get three chances at life."

Before moving to Dongan Hills, the Victory Diner moved once before, in 1964, from Victory Boulevard in Castleton Corners. The diner had been faced with an uncertain future with either demolition or sale on the horizon.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Don Cardi] #430972
09/03/07 12:33 PM
09/03/07 12:33 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
TIS,
We have a Brown Derby here in Ohio but it is a steakhouse.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Don Cardi] #430977
09/03/07 12:41 PM
09/03/07 12:41 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Diners are a dime a dozen around here.

But what I am amazed is still around is the awesome Stewart's Drive-In chain Surprisingly there's no big web presence for them, but their root beer is the best!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: J Geoff] #430979
09/03/07 12:45 PM
09/03/07 12:45 PM
California

California
That reminds me of A & W. I think I've only seen one in SoCal all the years I've been here. Chances are there are more, but they were much more popular back in the midwest/east than they are here. It was always a treat to get a hot dog and at the time, the best root beer at A & W. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430980
09/03/07 12:49 PM
09/03/07 12:49 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

In my area the KFC restaurant is actually dual with A&W. Although I've never eaten at A&W. It's like most places here the Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins have combined.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Beth E] #430981
09/03/07 12:53 PM
09/03/07 12:53 PM
California

California
I remember A & W that was outside eating only. I assume they only opened in the summer. I remember they had stools and/or small table outside. My father would stop during family vacations, if we were on the road and wanted something quick to eat. \:\)

TIS

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430986
09/03/07 01:43 PM
09/03/07 01:43 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Does anyone remember hearing of "The Brown Derby" in Hollywood? That was a very very famous hangout they say for celebrities. My sister and I visted CA in 1968 (first visit). We really had a great package, staying at the Century Plaza which at the time hosted the Academy Awards. We had wonderful tours, and one of the stops was the Brown Derby. Even by that time however, it was more of the "landmark" and we didn't see anyone famous. However, just being there was so cool. Unfortunately, that no longer exists either. \:\(

TIS

The Brown Derby

I know about it from an I Love Lucy episode.. I can't really remember what happened.. but I think she ran into William Holden, and I'm sure hilarity ensued \:p

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: bogey] #430999
09/03/07 03:01 PM
09/03/07 03:01 PM
California

California
Yea that's right Bogey. A star struck Lucy was always hilarious. As the article indicates, it ended up with a plate of food spilling on William Holden.

Btw, just for fun, my daughter and her husband went on a get-away long weekend in Beverly Hills a few months ago. My daughter wanted to stay the the Beverly Wilshire where Pretty Woman was filmed. She said she walked up/down the staircase that Julia Roberts did and rode the elevator she did. Her hubby didn't think it was a big deal, but she called her sister to tell her she was standing where Julia Roberts stood. (girly stuff). The hotel today is older and a little different, but she recognized the staircase and the elevators. \:\) I must admit I get a kick out of that type of thing too.

Of course Rodeo Drive always looks nice and is fun to walk around.

TIS

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: J Geoff] #431042
09/03/07 08:28 PM
09/03/07 08:28 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

But what I am amazed is still around is the awesome Stewart's Drive-In chain

We were down at the Long Branch New Jersey Shore this past weekend and there was a Stewart's Drive-In Restaurant at the beach at Pier Village. I could not believe how packed it was all weekend long and how long the wait was for a table.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Don Cardi] #431055
09/03/07 09:25 PM
09/03/07 09:25 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Mr. Babe and I ate in Sardi's once, which was a NYC landmark, and where the Broadways casts of old used to go after opening night to wait out the reviews in the late-edition papers. The food was certainly decent.

SC or DC, do you guys remember a hamburger chain named Wetson's (or maybe it was Wetsin's?)? I remember going there with my mom in the 60's. Instead of a Big Mac, they had a Big W, and so on. They were pretty good.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Sicilian Babe] #431063
09/03/07 11:07 PM
09/03/07 11:07 PM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
The Brown Derby I heard fell on hard times but someone rescued it and it was not allowed to be destroyed by the historical society, but now its a different type of food place (don't quote me, its either the Brown Derby or that Donuts place that now serves bagels)... too much FoodTV and not enough braincells lol.

As for diners, its sad but not too sad, its true they came in on trains and often you found them near railway stations, but now they are being dismantled and brought to cities out in the midwest, and oddly enough, they are a big hit in Germany, so while they are "disappearing" there is foreign fascination with them and they now re-live as a part of american pop culture in other countries.

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Sicilian Babe] #431067
09/03/07 11:14 PM
09/03/07 11:14 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
SC or DC, do you guys remember a hamburger chain named Wetson's (or maybe it was Wetsin's?)?

Yeah... Wetson's was big on the Island in the late 60's/early 70's. I remember them as being a glorified White Castle, but their fries were pretty good.

Sardi's was a fun spot... just looking at all the pictures on the walls could take a few hours. I don't remember the food as great but the service sure was.

Fraunces Tavern (downtown Manhattan) was a wonderful historical place. George Washington bid farewell to his troops there and they tried to keep the menu somewhat "timely" to the period and the food was pretty good. They're still open and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in Americana.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: SC] #431081
09/04/07 12:19 AM
09/04/07 12:19 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
Patsy's used to be a place that Sinatra would hang out at, there is one down on University Place, not sure if the one by Broadway/Times Square is still there...

# # # JRCX
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: SC] #431083
09/04/07 12:22 AM
09/04/07 12:22 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Fraunces Tavern is definitely a must-see if you are interested in Colonial America or the Revolutionary War.

However, the current building is actually a reconstruction. The original building burned down, many years ago (I believe in the 1800's). I think only one original wall was left still standing. But, using engravings, contemporary accounts, etc., the tavern was magnificently reconstructed. There is a museum occupying the upstairs, and the are many actual period items and artifacts that can be seen as part of their rotating exhibitions.

Another worthy place is City Tavern in Philadelphia. This is (I believe) the original building, and was quite popular in the days of our Founding Fathers. The menu features many period-influenced dishes, and there is also a cookbook available (The City Tavern Cookbook).

Colonial Williamsburg has Chowning's Tavern and Christiana Campbell's. I have only eaten at the former - a bit touristy (naturally), but interesting nonetheless.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Signor Vitelli] #431219
09/04/07 12:26 PM
09/04/07 12:26 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Anyone ever eat at Tavern On The Green? I've always wanted to go there, mostly because it looks so pretty, in the middle of Central Park. However, I've heard some awful things about the food. Not sure if I want to bother.

One of my favorite spots in NYC is still The Rainbow Grill. I ate at The Rainbow Room many, many years ago, but refuse to spring for the $150 pp. they want for dinner now, especially after reading Kitchen Confidential. However, I love to have drinks at The Rainbow Grill. Hands down, it has one of the best views of Manhattan.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Sicilian Babe] #431341
09/05/07 12:38 AM
09/05/07 12:38 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline OP
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
Kitchen Confidential is required reading for ANYONE who eats out, cooks or just eats in general, even if its fast foo you eat, you have something to learn from this book, so good call there... I have videotaped weddings at Tavern on the Green, so yes, i've had their food, and agree its beautiful, but when you are working weddings, all the food tastes the same... I HOPE its different than the food they serve to "paying folk" lol... but you know wedding dinners are mass-produced dishes... again, refer to Kitchen Confidential lol.

# # # JRCX
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Sicilian Babe] #431356
09/05/07 04:00 AM
09/05/07 04:00 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Anyone ever eat at Tavern On The Green? I've always wanted to go there, mostly because it looks so pretty, in the middle of Central Park. However, I've heard some awful things about the food. Not sure if I want to bother.

One of my favorite spots in NYC is still The Rainbow Grill. I ate at The Rainbow Room many, many years ago, but refuse to spring for the $150 pp. they want for dinner now, especially after reading Kitchen Confidential. However, I love to have drinks at The Rainbow Grill. Hands down, it has one of the best views of Manhattan.

The food at Tavern on the Green is OK, but just OK... you go there more for the ambience and location. Its one of the best places to eat around Christmas when all the trees outside of it are lighted... VERY pretty!

I used to LOVE the Rainbow Room.... it was my kind of place, especially on nights they had the big bands there. The service was always top-notch and the food was certainly decent.

A really nice place for drinks on the eastside is Top of the Tower (at 49th Street and 1st Avenue)... I THINK they're still open and they have a dark room with awesome views of the East River and a piano player... its been years since I've been there but its worth a look.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: SC] #431363
09/05/07 07:37 AM
09/05/07 07:37 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: SC
SC or DC, do you guys remember a hamburger chain named Wetson's (or maybe it was Wetsin's?)?

Yeah... Wetson's was big on the Island in the late 60's/early 70's. I remember them as being a glorified White Castle, but their fries were pretty good.

Sardi's was a fun spot... just looking at all the pictures on the walls could take a few hours. I don't remember the food as great but the service sure was.

Fraunces Tavern (downtown Manhattan) was a wonderful historical place. George Washington bid farewell to his troops there and they tried to keep the menu somewhat "timely" to the period and the food was pretty good. They're still open and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in Americana.

Yes I remember Wetsons. There were several of them in brooklyn.

I recently ate at SARDI'S . The family and I went to see a broadway play and we didn't have dinner reservations for any of the area restaurants. Every place had an hour wait except Sardi's. To tell you the truth the food is still pretty good. Not a place that I would go out of the way to eat at, but at the same time I would go back there if the same situation that I was in arose.

I also ate at two other historic places the last few times we went to see a broadway play :

FRANKIE & JOHNNY'S Steakhouse and BROADWAY JOE Steakhouse

Both are still very good.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Don Cardi] #431369
09/05/07 07:57 AM
09/05/07 07:57 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
SB and SC

I've been to Tavern a few times. You have to go at Christmas time. The inside is decorated with the biggest, gaudiest Christmas trees you've ever seen. Food is ok, but you are paying for the room.

Sparks Steak House - the sidewalk in front is the place where Big Paulie Castellano got whacked by John Gotti. The steaks are very good. A potatoe costs $8 five years ago. Bring money.

I ate at a restaurant in Boston that was allegedly the oldest seafood restaurant in America; I think the name was the Oyster House.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: MaryCas] #431376
09/05/07 08:18 AM
09/05/07 08:18 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Sparks Steak House - the sidewalk in front is the place where Big Paulie Castellano got whacked by John Gotti. The steaks are very good. A potatoe costs $8 five years ago. Bring money.

Sparks Steak House is still the cream of the crop of steak houses as far as I am concerned. Their steaks are still excellent, their lamb chops are the best that I've ever eaten, and their lobster is to die for, not to mention the great job that the waiters do taking it out of the shell for you. The service at Sparks is impeccable!

For my son's 16th birthday, we told him that he could pick 5 of his closest friends and pick any restaurant that he wanted to go to for dinner. Well he picked Sparks. We wound up being a total of 10 people. We rented a limo and took he and his friends there. As part of the appetizers I ordered 5 orders of lamb chops, which come 3 to an order. However I always have them butterfly them and it winds up becoming 6 to an order. So we had 30 lamb chops as part of the appetizers. I figured that 3 lamb chops per person for an appetizer would be plenty to go with some of the other appetizers that I ordered. Wrong! Those boys devoured those lamb chops and loved them so much that they asked me if I could order some more! I did and they ate another round of lamb chops! Not to mention that they also knocked off the baked clams, the shrimp scampi, and the main course of steaks and lobsters.

Yes, it is a pretty expensive place, no doubt. But then again you get what you pay for. To me it's well worth the price. Unfortunatley you can't afford go their once a week, or come to think of it even once a month for that matter.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Don Cardi] #431377
09/05/07 08:21 AM
09/05/07 08:21 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
[Unfortunatley you can't afford go their once a week, or come to think of it even once a month for that matter.

For me, maybe once in a lifetime.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Beth E] #431399
09/05/07 10:13 AM
09/05/07 10:13 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I hear that Frankie and Johnny's is very good. But in the theater district, my favorite place is Becco, which is owned by Lidia from the cooking show (chubby, balding Italian lady). They have a $22 all-you-can-eat pasta special that is the best deal in NYC, as is their wine list that has all wines for $25.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Sicilian Babe] #431415
09/05/07 10:41 AM
09/05/07 10:41 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I'll take Peter Luger's over Sparks for steak.

For History the Grand Central Station Oyster Bar, and P.J. Clarke's (the orginal on 3rd Ave).

In theatre district I like Joe Allen's. The place where they have posters of all the plays that bombed on Broadway. Best tuna burgers anywhere.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: dontomasso] #431422
09/05/07 10:55 AM
09/05/07 10:55 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Tuna burger? I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds tantalizing.

Re: Historic/Significant Places To Eat [Re: Beth E] #431425
09/05/07 11:21 AM
09/05/07 11:21 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Tuna burger? I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds tantalizing.

They grind up fresh tuna like a burger and sear it. Served on a bun with wasabi flavored sauce, lettuce and tomato. Excellent.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull