Racism is nothing more than a sense that your particular clan is better than others. It translates into opression, and it has been with us since the dawn of time, and I suspect will be with us as long as we are on the planet.

Right now we are seeing it in the so called "immigration debate."
Does anyone think that fat Lou Dobbs would be on the air every night spewing his hate if the people coming in were from Sweeden and not Mexico?

Back in the late 1800's the nativists did the same thing to the Irish, and later it was done to the Italians. As DC noted on a different thread about Giuliani, there is doubt that an Italian American would be elected president.

We are also seeing it on both sides of the so called Michaell Vick argument. White racists are giving this story its legs, and they cannot get enough of it, while black racists (many of whom were very quick to condemn the Duke LaCrosse team) are apologizing for him. The truth is Michael Vick is a lying scumbag who comes out of a dirty college football program, Virginia Tech (no insult intended regarding the tragedy there), whose younger brother is such a scumbag that he lost a chance to be a high draft pick in the NFL. I really don't get some of these "black leaders" defending the likes of Vick instead of using people like Vick's teamate Warrick Dunn and men like Tony Dungy and Lovey Smith as the role models they are.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."