GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 153 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,481
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #402292
06/14/07 08:50 PM
06/14/07 08:50 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I think they are in New Jersey too. Paul and I went to a place not far from where he lives. The only thing I remember is him taking his pizza back and arguing with the guy because he couldn't fold his pizza.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402294
06/14/07 09:01 PM
06/14/07 09:01 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I don't think this link has been posted yet. Here's some actors speaking about the ending after the showing. It's nice to know some people still wonder what happened to the Russian.

Boy, Patsy Parisi looks different in real life.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0iPbrqBrwJQ&mode=related&search=

Last edited by Beth E; 06/14/07 09:04 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402303
06/14/07 09:23 PM
06/14/07 09:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Beth E

You're right. He really does. I've had the honor of participating in an annual fundraiser dinner for the last 5 years to raise money for the Dr. Theodore Atlas Foundation. And every year that I've been there, Dan Grimaldi has ALWAYS shown up to help raise money for the foundation. I can tell you first hand that from what I've seen over the years, he is a gentleman. He is a very generous and caring man especially when it comes to doing charity work.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Ice] #402317
06/14/07 09:41 PM
06/14/07 09:41 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Ice
 Originally Posted By: olivant
So, what constitutes a real mob boss? Phil? He involved his family in a war that even his underboss and consigliere tried to end by making a concession to Tony. Then Phil gets himself murdered while Tony lives on.

Johnny Sack a real mob boss? He breaks tradition by elocuting in court tot he existence of the Mafia and gets himself sent to prison. Tony is not in prison.

Again, what's a real mob boss?

Seriously though, olivant. Tony was NOT an unconscionable, murdering bastard (like RALPHIE) and would never, never, never cut it as a mob boss. That's why we kind of "like" him, am I right?

Oh, for sure. I was especially impressed with his being "conscionable" when he suffocated his helpless nephew and when he gave the okay to Ralphie to murder his daughter's boyfriend. But he's not like Ralphie.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: olivant] #402323
06/14/07 09:59 PM
06/14/07 09:59 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I just read a fully synopsis of the last episode someone had on the internet. Reading where Tony tells Paulie "Gigi died taking a shit" cracks me up for some reason.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402326
06/14/07 10:04 PM
06/14/07 10:04 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

OMG! This is too funny. I wonder if his wife likes zucchinis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iDdtMVfwpdo

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402356
06/14/07 11:15 PM
06/14/07 11:15 PM
Texas
R
Robert DeNiro Offline
Button
Robert DeNiro  Offline
R
Button
Texas
 Quote:
Oh, for sure. I was especially impressed with his being "conscionable" when he suffocated his helpless nephew and when he gave the okay to Ralphie to murder his daughter's boyfriend. But he's not like Ralphie.

well, if you want to stay consistent and call the mafia 'a business' then isnt what tony did consistent with the 'it was only business and not personal' mantra. christopher was about to flip from what tony could see, and jackie jr. had to go because he had shot one of tony's guys, and if tony hadnt ok'd the hit on jackie jr.....then tony woulda likely faced some sort of revolt or possibly being hit himself. it was business not personal.

Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you, but dont ever take sides with anyone against the family again
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Ice] #402358
06/14/07 11:45 PM
06/14/07 11:45 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Richie Aprile would not have made a good mafia boss, he would have gotten himself locked up pretty quickly with his temper/lack of intellect.

Tony was a good mafia boss in today's world and has tried to go underground as you said more and more. There have been a few exceptions (CoCo), but otherwise he has done well at staying low profile and keeping himself out of jail. You notice how long this friggin RICO case has been building against Tony with nothing yet?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #402383
06/15/07 02:47 AM
06/15/07 02:47 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

You're right. He really does.

I don't know - he pretty much looked like Patsy to me when I got my pic taken with him (and the rest)... but, of course, I was paying pretty much all my attention to Mr. Paulie at the time, so... I didn't even tell Benny how much I loved him on Doogie Howser!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Robert DeNiro] #402384
06/15/07 03:34 AM
06/15/07 03:34 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Robert DeNiro
 Quote:

well, if you want to stay consistent and call the mafia 'a business' then isnt what tony did consistent with the 'it was only business and not personal' mantra. christopher was about to flip from what tony could see, and jackie jr. had to go because he had shot one of tony's guys, and if tony hadnt ok'd the hit on jackie jr.....then tony woulda likely faced some sort of revolt or possibly being hit himself. it was business not personal.

I'm pretty sure that Tony did NOT ok the hit on Jackie Jr. Chrissy wanted to kill him the very night of the card game fiasco but Tony wouldn't let it happen. He gave Ralphie the "choice," but was hoping the boy would be spared. Tony told Ralphie...you're a captain, he's in your household, I know you'll do the right thing. Tony didn't have the GUTS to do it but ol' Ralphie had no problem with it.

As for Tony's strangling of Chris, I think it's safe to say that we are just now beginning to scratch the surface concerning Tony's logic on that one.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402428
06/15/07 07:54 AM
06/15/07 07:54 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
OMG! This is too funny. I wonder if his wife likes zucchinis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iDdtMVfwpdo

That's f**ked up!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Ice] #402429
06/15/07 08:04 AM
06/15/07 08:04 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I'm pretty sure that Tony did NOT ok the hit on Jackie Jr. . He gave Ralphie the "choice," but was hoping the boy would be spared.

Well what he really did was pass the burden over to Ralphie. He did that to remove any self guilt that he would have incurred had he directly ordered the hit on Jackie Jr. I don't know that he was hoping that the kid would be spared. From what I remember from that episode, he basically told Ralphie, without telling Ralphie, that because he was a captain then he would have to act like one and be responsible for what took place. A part of me feels that Tony was telling Ralphie that if he didn't make the right decision himself, then Tony would hold him personally responsible for what took place. He really did not give Ralphie a choice although he made it appear as if he did. ;\)

In other words he justified it within himself, cleared his own conscience, by passing this burden on to Ralphie. Now if something now happened to Jackie, he wouldn't have to feel guilty about it because he himself was no longer responsible.

Tony had a smooth way of ridding himself from making those kinds of decisions and putting the burden and responsibility on others. It all had to do with his inner psychological battle. Let's not forget that the whole premise of this show was to show us a mob boss who had somewhat of a subconscience and needed to deal with his inner battles through therapy.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #402470
06/15/07 10:00 AM
06/15/07 10:00 AM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
DC, correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Chris come to Tony after Jackie Jr was killed and said it was a "good move" making it look like a drug deal and make it seem like they had nothing to do with it? So, if it was all Ralphie, why did Chris commend Tony? At the least, I think Tony OKed it, which made him just as involved as Ralph.

Also, Richie Aprile would NOT have made a good boss. He would have ridiculed his own crew too often and cause a revolt.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Sopranorleone] #402472
06/15/07 10:07 AM
06/15/07 10:07 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think Tony ordered the hit without really saying the words. As DC said, to let himself off the hook psychologically. If Ralphie gave Jackie a pass, Tony would have given him shit about it. You can bet on that.

Richie? God, what a scumbag! I forgot just how hateable he was. David Proval, who is one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet, did an outstanding job with the character.

I think Richie lacked any diplomacy whatsoever, which would have made him a lousy boss. He was an animal, an essential characteristic for a street guy, but not really cut out for more than that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: pizzaboy] #402482
06/15/07 10:29 AM
06/15/07 10:29 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Richie? God, what a scumbag! I forgot just how hateable he was. David Proval, who is one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet, did an outstanding job with the character.

I think Richie lacked any diplomacy whatsoever, which would have made him a lousy boss. He was an animal, an essential characteristic for a street guy, but not really cut out for more than that.

Yes, Proval did a magnificent job palying Richie. He made you love to despise him.

I think that the Richie Aprile character came out of jail a bitter man. And he became even more bitter when he realized that no one in the Soprano Family, especially the younger wiseguys, was about to do flips and cartwheels for him upon his coming back on the scene. What he probably envisioned while awaiting his release from jail about how things would be turned out totally different for him. And that's what probably made him the bitter son of a bitch that he was.

Phil's attitude was in a way, almost identical to Richie's in the sense that he felt that he did his time on behalf of that thing of theirs and kept his mouth shut. And then upon his release saw that the younger guys, the newer generation of wiseguys were not of the same mindset as the older wiseguys when it came to giving tribute and respect to a fellow mobster who served time in the joint. They both saw that the younger wiseguys really didn't give a shit that the older founders had done their time.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Ice] #402536
06/15/07 12:27 PM
06/15/07 12:27 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that Tony did NOT ok the hit on Jackie Jr. Chrissy wanted to kill him the very night of the card game fiasco but Tony wouldn't let it happen. He gave Ralphie the "choice," but was hoping the boy would be spared. Tony told Ralphie...you're a captain, he's in your household, I know you'll do the right thing. Tony didn't have the GUTS to do it but ol' Ralphie had no problem with it.

Tony made it very clear that if Ralphie did not kill Jackie Jr. that Ralphie would be responsible and lose any respect he had from anyone and possibly get whacked himself. As DC said he was taking the psychological burden off of himself and putting it on someone else.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Longneck] #402648
06/15/07 04:29 PM
06/15/07 04:29 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

All you ever needed to know about The Sopranos.

A 7 minute clip of the first 6A seasons. Think of all the money you'll save on the DVD's. \:\)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_Ees_-kE4

Last edited by Beth E; 06/15/07 04:30 PM.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402685
06/15/07 05:17 PM
06/15/07 05:17 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Gandolfini says he has no idea how show ended.

Sopranos' Star: `No Idea' About Ending
By Associated Press

Fri Jun 15, 5:12 AM

NEW YORK - Viewers weren't the only ones who didn't know what to make of the boldly ambiguous ending of "The Sopranos". Some of the stars didn't either.

James Gandolfini told the Daily News in Friday's edition that he had "no idea" what to think was to happen to his character, the emotionally tortured mob boss and suburban dad Tony Soprano, after the hit series' final episode closed Sunday with an abrupt cut to a blank screen.

"You have to ask ("The Sopranos" creator) David Chase that. Smarter minds than mine know the answer to that," Gandolfini said. "I thought it was a great ending. You decide."

The screen went black and silent as Gandolfini's character and his family sat down to dinner, leaving fans guessing and some complaining about the ending's meaning or lack thereof.

Some have suggested that the movements of a man in the background portended a "Godfather"-style shooting. Others surmised that the show, which delved deeply into the domestic life of its mobster protagonist, was simply ending on an everyday note. Chase has declined to explain.

Several of Gandolfini's cast mates echoed his praise for the show's open-ended conclusion.

"A conventional ending would have been a fraud," Steven Van Zandt, who played Silvio, told the Daily News.

"Life doesn't have tidy little endings," said Van Zandt, a member of rocker Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. "Even some great songs just fade out like the last episode of 'The Sopranos.'"

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402688
06/15/07 05:19 PM
06/15/07 05:19 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
So Gandolfini wasn't in Peoria when he gave this interview, huh?

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Longneck] #402715
06/15/07 07:00 PM
06/15/07 07:00 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Longneck
 Quote:

Tony made it very clear that if Ralphie did not kill Jackie Jr. that Ralphie would be responsible and lose any respect he had from anyone and possibly get whacked himself. As DC said he was taking the psychological burden off of himself and putting it on someone else.

So...Tony is not the lousy, cold-hearted, killing, bastard that Ralphie is. Tony wouldn't kill his best friend's son but Ralphie had NO problems doing it. The fact that Jackie was Ralphie's "step-son" of sorts, did not deter him from doing him in. Nor did the fact that Jackie resided under his very roof. ;\)

Chase makes it quite clear that Tony and Ralphie differ in their views on life/death. Ralphie maliciously kills an innocent horse - to the absolute DISMAY of Tony - and Tony kills him for his crime. He punishes Ralphie for his "un-holy" views towards life/death. Tony does NOT equal Ralphie.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Ice] #402718
06/15/07 07:07 PM
06/15/07 07:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

So...Tony is not the lousy, cold-hearted, killing, bastard that Ralphie is.

Not when it comes to animals!

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #402781
06/15/07 10:52 PM
06/15/07 10:52 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I was looking at a clip that showed all the deaths on The Sopranos starting with the first one. They actually had the Russian in the woods listed as one that died. How interesting.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402785
06/15/07 11:01 PM
06/15/07 11:01 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Somehow this footage of the last minute of The Sopranos slipped by David Chase's spies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gfWP_ZMZ5PU&mode=related&search=

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402789
06/15/07 11:13 PM
06/15/07 11:13 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Somehow this footage of the last minute of The Sopranos slipped by David Chase's spies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gfWP_ZMZ5PU&mode=related&search=

That's fake.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Andrew] #402790
06/15/07 11:17 PM
06/15/07 11:17 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I'm pretty sure the last few seconds were dubbed in. But before that it's all original footage. Chase had all other videos taken off the net that had any of that on it.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #402794
06/15/07 11:38 PM
06/15/07 11:38 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I finaly got to see the finale last night. Can someone tell me why AJ's SUV blew up?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Mignon] #402795
06/15/07 11:43 PM
06/15/07 11:43 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

He parked it over leaves.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Mignon] #402850
06/16/07 06:48 AM
06/16/07 06:48 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
I finaly got to see the finale last night. Can someone tell me why AJ's SUV blew up?

Because he was parked in New Brunswick and couldn't get a signal on his cell phone.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #402889
06/16/07 09:37 AM
06/16/07 09:37 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Smart ass \:p

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Mignon] #402891
06/16/07 09:39 AM
06/16/07 09:39 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
Smart ass \:p

Moi?

Don Cardi cool

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull