GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 257 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401224
06/12/07 08:41 PM
06/12/07 08:41 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
Nah it's all the driving I've been doing these past couple of years

Sucking in all those gasoline fumes!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: fathersson] #401245
06/12/07 08:54 PM
06/12/07 08:54 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: fathersson
Sell your HBO stock. A girl I know works at Time- Warner and she says that people have been dropping HBO for the last few days at a record number. And when they ask if they would like one of the other packages to replace HBO the answer is almost alway NO!

Then they offer to let you keep HBO for the next year for a special price and people still say NO!

Thats a normal thing whenever "The Sopranos" finished its season in the past. The viewers would always return when the new season started.

(In other words - the vast majority of subscribers are NOT cancelling as a form of protest over the ending).

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: SC] #401247
06/12/07 09:01 PM
06/12/07 09:01 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
But, there is not going to be another season to come back to! \:D

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: fathersson] #401248
06/12/07 09:03 PM
06/12/07 09:03 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Understood. HBO and the cable companies expected this. Many of their subscribers took the HBO package solely because of "The Sopranos".

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #401253
06/12/07 09:15 PM
06/12/07 09:15 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
I got to re-watch again last night after getting over the initial shock of the finale and the beginning of a withdrawal of a Soprano free season. \:\/ I can't disagree that the story itself in the finale was good. It kept me interested (well not as much as the first viewing of course). The guys in the diner weren't quite as suspicious the second time around. Leotardo's whacking was as good the second time around; Paulie and the cat added the usual slight humor to the episode. They showed enough of each of the "not so main" characters that we got to see where they were at this point.

I still got a rush during the last five minutes with the big build-up as the family one by one meets in the diner. Journey playing in the background added to the suspense as well. Meadow opens the door, the bell rings and Tony looks up...bada bing!!! That's it. To read more into and especially to assume that Meadow walked in to a massacre just doesn't cut it. I didn't see one thing to indicate that.

I think Chase has been (and is) so admired for his writing of this show, that it's hard maybe to accept that he could possibly fuck-up!! Years from now, I fear this will be as bad as the Dallas finale with Bobby in the shower. Time will only tell I guess.

Oh btw, I forgot which site I was reading but Journey was thrilled to have their music in the Sopranos. The article was not with Steve Perry, but another band member (can't think of who). Anyway, he said that the group has been "mum" knowing their song would be played at the end and seemed very pleased with how it turned out.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/12/07 09:23 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #401270
06/12/07 09:26 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
I just dont see how Meadow would be walking into a bloodbath. Family members dont get killed. Phil's wife was spared when she easily could have bought it.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: SC] #401273
California

California
 Originally Posted By: SC

Understood. HBO and the cable companies expected this. Many of their subscribers took the HBO package solely because of "The Sopranos".

That would be me! \:\) When I first subscribed, I told my cable company that I only wanted it for the Sopranos and would drop it after the series ends. \:p However, I may keep it to watch the only other show I enjoy on HBO. (the movies suck on HBO. They replay the same old stuff over and over )

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #401285
06/12/07 09:43 PM
06/12/07 09:43 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I think Chase has been (and is) so admired for his writing of this show, that it's hard maybe to accept that he could possibly fuck-up!! TIS

\:o \:o
I can't believe you used that word. I don't know if I seen that word used by you before. ;\)

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401287
06/12/07 09:45 PM
06/12/07 09:45 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
I think Chase has been (and is) so admired for his writing of this show, that it's hard maybe to accept that he could possibly fuck-up!!

I can't believe you used that word. I don't know if I seen that word used by you before.

You should hear TIS' vocabulary when someone cuts in front of her on a breakfast buffet line!! Little children go crying to their mothers, sailors blush and little old ladies faint!!!

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401288
06/12/07 09:46 PM
06/12/07 09:46 PM
California

California
Wow!! Is it that surprising? I don't usually post that kind of language although I am guilty of using it at times. It just seemed to fit with the context of my post I guess.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/12/07 09:50 PM.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #401290
06/12/07 09:48 PM
06/12/07 09:48 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Oh btw, I forgot which site I was reading but Journey was thrilled to have their music in the Sopranos. The article was not with Steve Perry, but another band member (can't think of who). Anyway, he said that the group has been "mum" knowing their song would be played at the end and seemed very pleased with how it turned out.

TIS

I read the article too. Here it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/ap_en_mu/tv_sopranos_that_song

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: SC] #401293
06/12/07 09:51 PM
06/12/07 09:51 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

You should hear TIS' vocabulary when someone cuts in front of her on a breakfast buffet line!! Little children go crying to their mothers, sailors blush and little old ladies faint!!!

Tis, I want to party with you. We can bunk together anytime.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Beth E] #401301
06/12/07 10:10 PM
06/12/07 10:10 PM
California

California
 Originally Posted By: Beth E

Tis, I want to party with you. We can bunk together anytime.

Ok, but just don't be messin' with my food in the buffet line or I'll woop ya!!

Yea that's the Journey article I saw Beth!!! I have been doing so much searching/browsing since the Soprano's finale that I lose track of what site's I've been on.

TIS

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #401303
06/12/07 10:14 PM
06/12/07 10:14 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Ok, but just don't be messin' with my food in the buffet line or I'll woop ya!!

I'll be nice and even leave you the zucchini. \:\)

Last edited by Beth E; 06/12/07 10:15 PM.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #401316
06/12/07 10:18 PM
06/12/07 10:18 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
YOU?? Leave the zucchini for someone else?? Shocking!

I've been reading as much as everyone else, and I think that the camps are pretty evenly divided as to hated it/loved it. I think that the ending could best be described in Hyman Roth's words: This is the business we have chosen.

Tony's entire life is that scene in the diner. Who is going to walk through the door next?? You just never know.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #401325
06/12/07 10:30 PM
06/12/07 10:30 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
i've been listening to the song "don't stop believing" for the last half hour and it keeps hitting me with the idea that tony probably did die when it all went dark.

But Chase did say that "its all there."

so i listened to the lyrics more carefully and the second half of the song, specifially the last two lines might sum up the ending

Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Paying anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: mr. soprano] #401350
06/12/07 10:47 PM
06/12/07 10:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Btw, I know from previous posts that some members here have been checking spoilers and such on televisionwithoutpity.com. I've been trying to get on the site since The Sopranos ended, but have been unable to access the site. Did it crash after the finale???

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Sicilian Babe] #401355
06/12/07 11:05 PM
06/12/07 11:05 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Look, the last time you see Tony in the series for all eternity, he's alive and there is no immediate threat to him. The series ends and he is alive. That's it. There is nothing to indicate otherwise.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: olivant] #401358
06/12/07 11:07 PM
06/12/07 11:07 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I think the finale was set for you to make up your own thoughts and ideas.Really screws with your mind though.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: whisper] #401369
06/12/07 11:40 PM
06/12/07 11:40 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Jamie Lynn Sigler said in an interview she was shocked by the ending because it was filmed as her walking in, sitting at the table, and the family enjoying normal conversation as the screen fades to black.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Just Lou] #401373
06/12/07 11:44 PM
06/12/07 11:44 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Jamie Lynn Sigler said in an interview she was shocked by the ending because it was filmed as her walking in, sitting at the table, and the family enjoying normal conversation as the screen fades to black.

That scene reminded me a lot of a season ending episode when the Family is together (and Uncle Junior is singing) and Meadow runs across the street (AWAY from Tony).

There's something to that.... I just can't make sense of it now. \:\/

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Just Lou] #401387
06/13/07 12:17 AM
06/13/07 12:17 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
I heard some info from someone that somehow works with the production of the show and he said that for days, weeks, maybe even a month chase and the others would sit around a table JUST to discuss the music selection, analyzing, overanalyzing and re-analyzing lyrics, songs, etc... so its more than obvious the songs/music he chooses have great significance (at least in his mind)... and knowing this info, as you see tony flip thru the jukebox, I can see this is actually chase agonizing over the final music selection, maybe subconsciously, maybe consciously.

While I am a little less critical of chase today than I was on Sunday, I have to stick by my original statements/comments, with all due respect to those who disagree. There were so many infinite, creative possibilities for the finale, and while it makes more sense to me now, we should not be discussing/figuring out 3 days later what actually happened. I've been watching the show literally since Day 1, if you want to take it a step further, I saw it before anyone because much of it is filmed in the town I live in, some scenes were filmed right across the street from where I live. That being said, its hard for me, much less any viewer, to remember faces/images from 10 years ago, let alone the last season which was 1.5 years ago, or at least it seems that long. Call it genius if you like, but it was so far psychologically and intellectually thought out, that it was lost on what seems (note keyword: seems) like 99% of its fans... this is why I stand by my original statement.

In the 'old days' there were 26 episodes/year for most shows, TV or otherwise. Then it was 25, then 24 -- there have been 86 episodes in the last 7 seasons of The Sopranos - simple math tells you this averages 12 episodes per season, half of the lowest given 'normal' amount. No one will question that The Sopranos was a great series, but consider this: For at least the last few years, chase has gotten bogged down in production; he shoots it in film, has it dumped to video, edits it in 24p (film rate frames per second opposed to 29.9), then outputs it back to 24p, only to broadcast it as video, and sold on DVD. Its never going to be shown in a theatre, so instead of going thru the trouble of all this extra production time/work... why bother? I understand film gives depth that video, even in high definition cannot capture as of yet, but is anyone really paying attention to that? As a fan, would you rather not see 15-20 episodes per season? Would you rather not have an 8th season where the war starts at the begining of the season and ends in the last episode, rather than have it last the last 2 episodes (more like an episode and a half)... ?

I know chase thinks outside the box, and in his heart he is truly dedicated to his art, he rather be true to himself and his vision than hand the fans what they expect in the end, but somewhere, somehow, there has to be a medium where he worries less about spending 1 week on one scene that will literally only appear for 10-20 seconds, and maybe giving us more episodes per season so we don't walk away feeling "hungry and unsatisfied".

That being said, I am hungry for onion rings, and I am going to satisfy my hunger this sunday by going out and buying the first season on DVD, getting a basket of onion rings and re-living the great series this was by watching it from the begining.

PS - Sorry for the influx of techincal notes and the legnthy post, but as most of you know I am not here often, but do feel a need to weigh-in and justify my previous post.

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: SC] #401403
06/13/07 12:24 AM
06/13/07 12:24 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou

That scene reminded me a lot of a season ending episode when the Family is together (and Uncle Junior is singing) and Meadow runs across the street (AWAY from Tony).

Ask the Don of this board where he last ate in caldwell lol.

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: JRCX] #401416
06/13/07 12:38 AM
06/13/07 12:38 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I thought of that, too... mostly because:

Originally Posted By: JRCX

;\)

However WRONG JR's opinions may be ( \:p )... he's still a pretty good tour guide of Sopranos locations and eating establishments. \:D ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: J Geoff] #401417
06/13/07 12:45 AM
06/13/07 12:45 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I thought of that, too... mostly because:

;\)

However WRONG JR's opinions may be ( \:p )... he's still a pretty good tour guide of Sopranos locations and eating establishments. \:D ;\)

When you coming by so we can have oninon rings at heston's? Its about 15 mins from me... I promise it will be a lot more pleasant than the ending of this series lol.

# # # JRCX
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: JRCX] #401418
06/13/07 12:46 AM
06/13/07 12:46 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
When you coming by so we can have oninon rings at heston's? Its about 15 mins from me... I promise it will be a lot more pleasant than the ending of this series lol.

Only if we can sit in the same booth (I get Tony's seat - just like at Italianisimo! \:p ) ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: J Geoff] #401419
06/13/07 01:02 AM
06/13/07 01:02 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
Anything for you Don Geoff... the pleasure will be all mine... time to fade to black for me -- its 1am lol.

# # # JRCX
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: J Geoff] #401434
06/13/07 02:01 AM
06/13/07 02:01 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
When you coming by so we can have oninon rings at heston's? Its about 15 mins from me...

Only if we can sit in the same booth (I get Tony's seat)!

If you go and represent the boards please don't wear shorts!

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: SC] #401444
06/13/07 03:17 AM
06/13/07 03:17 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
When you coming by so we can have oninon rings at heston's? Its about 15 mins from me...

Only if we can sit in the same booth (I get Tony's seat)!

If you go and represent the boards please don't wear shorts!

Sorry, I must represent the BB *and* BORAT at the same time... you think I have that much time on my hands?? \:o

...see you at the beach!

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: J Geoff] #401466
06/13/07 09:07 AM
06/13/07 09:07 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I guess this is from the after party when all The Sopranos were together after the finale.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2mUg4tf6O28

Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull