GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 242 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401158
06/12/07 05:12 PM
06/12/07 05:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Someone made a point in regards to the cat in an earlier post ( can't recall who it was).

So I went back and re-watched the episode. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the cat was symbollically supposed to be Christopher re-incarnated. He stares at Christopher's picture, and one can easily make an argument that it could be Adrianna because of this. However he could be staring at himself, remembering when. But what really makes me lean towards it being Chris is the fact that the Cat totally annoyed Paulie. Just like Chris used to. The Cat got under Paulie's skin. Just like Chris used to. Tony loved the Cat. Just as he loved Chris. And when Paulie is sitting all alone outside of Satriale's, there's the Cat sitting right there also. Just like Chris and Paulie used to do.

I'm convinced that the Cat was symbolic of Christopher.

Whoever it might have been, the cat was the coolest part of the entire episode and maybe of the entire series.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: olivant] #401162
06/12/07 05:21 PM
06/12/07 05:21 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Time to look back on some great moments. I picked the best of Paulie Walnuts, as he always cracks me up. I can't help but chuckle listening to him say, "My mother's a whore".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CG8yzOeKUd4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYexfzWjRDI

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Beth E] #401169
06/12/07 06:21 PM
06/12/07 06:21 PM
Don Aleksandr Offline
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline
Made Member
Honestly, I'm one of the people who felt it was a complete and utter copout ending. I believe Chase did it to leave himself a backdoor in the future if he ever needs money.

I don't find anything brilliant about shutting it off before we find out what happened to Tony. If I wanted to have to imagine up an ending, I'd have turned off the TV myself before the final scene. I watch the show to see someone else's imagination at work, not my own.

I discount the theory that Tony got killed because there's no indication that he got killed. There was no gunshot which despite what Tony and Bobby may have said, there would've been. And the people in the diner had no reason to want to kill Tony. Phil was dead, he constructed a peace with NY, there was no one left to kill him.

I don't believe we saw Tony get clipped through his own eyes. The last image we saw was of Tony himself, so how could we be seeing it through Tony's eyes if he's the last thing we saw?

Again, I felt it was a ripoff ending. It's a shame such a good show had to leave such a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of fans.

"Fredo -- you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone
against the Family again. Ever."

"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Aleksandr] #401170
06/12/07 06:25 PM
06/12/07 06:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
A finale that has obviously provoked a whole lot of thought and discussion as evident by the numerous discussions on these boards, other boards, various television outlets, newspapers and numerous radio stations.

I think that Chase accomplished exactly what he set out to do.

Pretty brilliant of him if you ask me. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401172
06/12/07 06:28 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I think people would still be talking about it no matter what the outcome was. If he had Adriana live and come back blasting through the door people would be talking about it still today. Would that have been brilliant?

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401174
Don Aleksandr Offline
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline
Made Member
Oh I don't disagree that it was brilliant in that sense, I disagree that it was a brilliant ending in the sense of ending a series. People are raising their arms arms up to Holy Chase and acting as if this is some beautiful ending which I just don't buy.

From a salesman and publicity sense this was pure genuis.

"Fredo -- you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone

"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Aleksandr] #401177
06/12/07 06:30 PM
06/12/07 06:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Well I for one am one of those who thought that it was a fantastically written finale.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401179
06/12/07 06:31 PM
06/12/07 06:31 PM
Don Aleksandr Offline
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline
Made Member
I thought the finale was great.

I thought the ending was awful. Did you like the ending itself?

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Aleksandr] #401182
06/12/07 06:46 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Sell your HBO stock. A girl I know works at Time- Warner and she says that people have been dropping HBO for the last few days at a record number. And when they ask if they would like one of the other packages to replace HBO the answer is almost alway NO!

Then they offer to let you keep HBO for the next year for a special price and people still say NO!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Aleksandr] #401183
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Actually I really loved the ending.

Initially, when it went black, I was like " What the f**k."

But then when I sat back and thought about the way that it ended, I felt that it was a really good ending.

Throughout the entire run of this series, I've always re-watched the episodes. And I've always found that when watching them a second time, I've picked up various things that I did not pick up on the first veiwing. And most of the times the things that I picked up on the second veiwing shed new meaning to the episode and made me realize that the episode was actually better than I had initially thought.

I've probably watched the ending to this finale a half a dozen times already. And each time I watch it, I like it even more than the last.

It's a pretty deep show writing wise with a lot of hidden inuendos and undertones. And many times that second veiwing makes you see those hidden inuendos for what they really mean to the show.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401188
06/12/07 06:53 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Same way with the GF. Everytime I watch it I pick up something new about it. I don't have HBO so I'm going to my inlaws for a couple days so hopefully it will come on while I'm there.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401189
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
The best part of the show is when Paulie unbuttons his pants at the table................... the cat was Addriana.............

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Smitty] #401194
06/12/07 07:10 PM
06/12/07 07:10 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
The best part of the show is when Paulie unbuttons his pants at the table................... the cat was Addriana.............

No Smitty, read my previous post about the cat. I don't think that it was Adrianna.

Here :

Someone made a point in regards to the cat in an earlier post ( can't recall who it was).

So I went back and re-watched the episode. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the cat was symbollically supposed to be Christopher re-incarnated. He stares at Christopher's picture, and one can easily make an argument that it could be Adrianna because of this. However he could be staring at himself, remembering when. But what really makes me lean towards it being Chris is the fact that the Cat totally annoyed Paulie. Just like Chris used to. The Cat got under Paulie's skin. Just like Chris used to. Tony loved the Cat. Just as he loved Chris. And when Paulie is sitting all alone outside of Satriale's, there's the Cat sitting right there also. Just like Chris and Paulie used to do.

I'm convinced that the Cat was symbolic of Christopher.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401195
06/12/07 07:22 PM
06/12/07 07:22 PM
Don Aleksandr Offline
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline
Made Member
Maybe it was Pussy.

But back to the ending, what made it all that great for you? I was personally annoyed by how the ending left Tony's fate up in the air, is that the part you liked? IMO I go to watch a show to see someone else's imagination at work, I don't want to have to use my own. If I wanted that, I wouldnt've paid the price of admission.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Beth E] #401196
06/12/07 07:27 PM
06/12/07 07:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
I think people would still be talking about it no matter what the outcome was. If he had Adriana live and come back blasting through the door people would be talking about it still today. Would that have been brilliant?

It would have exceeded brilliant!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Aleksandr] #401199
06/12/07 07:39 PM
06/12/07 07:39 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Don Aleksandr
Maybe it was Pussy.

But back to the ending, what made it all that great for you? I was personally annoyed by how the ending left Tony's fate up in the air, is that the part you liked? IMO I go to watch a show to see someone else's imagination at work, I don't want to have to use my own. If I wanted that, I wouldnt've paid the price of admission.

I like good writing that provokes deep thought and provokes the use of one's imagination.

I love movies that have deep meaning, or twisted plots.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #401200
06/12/07 07:41 PM
06/12/07 07:41 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

In this article in the New York post it outlines the rest of the final scene that was supposedly shot. In another article somewhere it indicated James Gandolfini did not like the ending.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06122007/new...urray_weiss.htm

Last edited by Beth E; 06/12/07 07:42 PM.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #401206
06/12/07 08:01 PM
06/12/07 08:01 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Here was Uncle Junior's interview on Sports Sunday.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjhZb9UOj4c

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #401207
06/12/07 08:02 PM
06/12/07 08:02 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
In this article in the New York post it outlines the rest of the final scene that was supposedly shot. In another article somewhere it indicated James Gandolfini did not like the ending.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06122007/new...urray_weiss.htm

Well that article answers the question about when the dvd comes out and about alternate endings.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #401208
06/12/07 08:03 PM
06/12/07 08:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I've heard that the shooting of alternate endings never took place. That there were alternate ending scripts given out to different actors on the show, but that nothing was ever shot except for what we were shown.

We'll see come DVD release time.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Mignon] #401210
06/12/07 08:06 PM
06/12/07 08:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Mignon

Well that article answers the question about when the dvd comes out and about alternate endings.

I can't seem to find, in that article, where it talks about alternate endings.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #401212
06/12/07 08:09 PM
06/12/07 08:09 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Quote:
"We're planning to release [the finale on DVD] in October. There will be no alternative endings on the DVD, because there were none shot," the rep said. "

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401213
06/12/07 08:11 PM
06/12/07 08:11 PM
Don Aleksandr Offline
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline
Made Member
 Originally Posted By: Don Aleksandr
Maybe it was Pussy.

I like good writing that provokes deep thought and provokes the use of one's imagination.

I love movies that have deep meaning, or twisted plots.

Well I can see how it provokes use of your imagination, but how does it really provoke thought? No matter what your theory is on what happened to Tony, it's wrong because at the end nothing happened to Tony. That's really the problem with that type of ending, it's one giant cliffhanger.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #401215
06/12/07 08:14 PM
06/12/07 08:14 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Matt Servitto, who played FBI Special Agent Harris, said Chase briefly kept the camera rolling after what amounted to Tony's final moment on screen - and that the extra footage appeared to clearly spell the end for the supreme Soprano.

"[Tony's daughter] Meadow got into the diner, sat down . . . The menacing 'Members Only' jacket-wearing man at the counter was a little bit more in play, and I think she's sitting there with the family kind of all together . . . and all of a sudden, the menacing man gets up, starts walking toward their booth. End of show," Servitto said.

"The scene cut as the [menacing] guy was advancing toward [Tony], as if he was about to shoot Tony. It was, I think, less ambiguous that Tony was going to get shot."

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Aleksandr] #401216
06/12/07 08:16 PM
06/12/07 08:16 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
How would Plaw felt about the ending? Alot of you guys knew him beter than I did. Did he even watch the show?

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Beth E] #401218
06/12/07 08:22 PM
06/12/07 08:22 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Matt Servitto, who played FBI Special Agent Harris, said Chase briefly kept the camera rolling after what amounted to Tony's final moment on screen - and that the extra footage appeared to clearly spell the end for the supreme Soprano.

"[Tony's daughter] Meadow got into the diner, sat down . . . The menacing 'Members Only' jacket-wearing man at the counter was a little bit more in play, and I think she's sitting there with the family kind of all together . . . and all of a sudden, the menacing man gets up, starts walking toward their booth. End of show," Servitto said.

"The scene cut as the [menacing] guy was advancing toward [Tony], as if he was about to shoot Tony. It was, I think, less ambiguous that Tony was going to get shot."

Thank you Beth.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401219
06/12/07 08:23 PM
06/12/07 08:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
Did he even watch the show?

His Avatar?

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401221
06/12/07 08:28 PM
06/12/07 08:28 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Duh Don't know what wrong with my brain these days

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401222
06/12/07 08:31 PM
06/12/07 08:31 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I think you're hitting the moonshine a little too much lately.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401223
06/12/07 08:35 PM
06/12/07 08:35 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Nah it's all the driving I've been doing these past couple of years

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23