GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 341 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,850
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,406
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL #398744
06/07/07 09:09 AM
06/07/07 09:09 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
I just wanted to be the first to post the start of this last episode thread. \:p

Remember we thought Made In America was going to be the title of the first episode? Anyway, kind of late to speculate, but interesting title. I wonder what it implies. Someone new gets made? I can't wait!! \:\)

TIS
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/homepage/season06B/img_ep86_03.jpg

Last edited by SC; 06/11/07 07:02 AM. Reason: To add "spoiler warning"

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #398755
06/07/07 09:44 AM
06/07/07 09:44 AM
N
novice Offline
Associate
novice  Offline
N
Associate
Episode 86
I'm no numerologist, but you cannot ignore the potential significance.

Used as a verb, to "eighty-six" means to "ignore" or "get rid of"
Another theory has it that this is rhyming slang for "nix." Interestingly, this seems to be an American coinage, unusual for rhyming slang.[1]

Another explanation is that Chumley's, which was a famous 1900s New York speakeasy, is located at 86 Bedford St. During Prohibition, an entrance through an interior adjoining courtyard was used, as it provided privacy and discretion for customers. As was a New York tradition, the cops were on the payroll of the bar and would give a ring to the bar that they were coming for a raid. The bartender would then give the command "86 everybody!", which meant that everyone should hightail it out the 86 Bedford entrance because the cops were coming in through the courtyard door.
The term came into popular use among soldiers and veterans to describe missing soldiers as 86'd. Rather than describe buddies missing in action, it was slang to describe the MIA as violating UCMJ Sub Chapter X Article 86.

Another explanation is the possibility of a simple variation of the slang term deep six, which has identical meaning, and is simply meant to describe the approximate depth of a grave.

86 (number)

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: novice] #398779
06/07/07 10:23 AM
06/07/07 10:23 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Over 35 years later we are still commenting on the Trilogy. Are we going to do the same re the Sopranos? I wonder what its shelf life will be.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #398835
06/07/07 01:54 PM
06/07/07 01:54 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
Underboss
Philadelphia
 Originally Posted By: olivant
Over 35 years later we are still commenting on the Trilogy. Are we going to do the same re the Sopranos? I wonder what its shelf life will be.

The Sopranos will be talked about like the way I Love Lucy is talked today. With the show now airing on A&E, The Sopranos got millions of new fans. The show will be the goldstandard of television for years.

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #398847
06/07/07 02:26 PM
06/07/07 02:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: BDuff

The Sopranos will be talked about like the way I Love Lucy is talked today. With the show now airing on A&E, The Sopranos got millions of new fans. The show will be the goldstandard of television for years.

What about on these Boards though?

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILE [Re: olivant] #398848
06/07/07 02:28 PM
06/07/07 02:28 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
What about on these Boards though?

It'll be talked about for 86 years here (see second post above).

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399115
06/07/07 10:40 PM
06/07/07 10:40 PM
California

California
Yea, and if I'm still around in five or ten years, some newbie will say to me, "Hey TIS, who's your avator?"

(To the powers that be, thanks for adding the Possible Spoilers to the thread title. I should have thought of it.)

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/07/07 10:41 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399235
06/08/07 08:45 AM
06/08/07 08:45 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I have read so many possible spoilers,
Warning, Spoiler:
from Tony accidentally killing AJ, to Tony being killed BY AJ, to Carmella dying, Meadow being killed when she's mistaken for Tony because she's driving his car, to Tony being castrated (fate worse than death scenario) to Melfi being killed (the one innocent dying).

Who knows what will happen, but it should hopefully make for great television.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #399273
06/08/07 10:31 AM
06/08/07 10:31 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I have read so many possible spoilers,
Warning, Spoiler:
from Tony accidentally killing AJ, to Tony being killed BY AJ, to Carmella dying, Meadow being killed when she's mistaken for Tony because she's driving his car, to Tony being castrated (fate worse than death scenario) to Melfi being killed (the one innocent dying).

Who knows what will happen, but it should hopefully make for great television.

Last episode Tony was draining the pool. Remember my finale scene about Tony sitting by the empty pool when the ducks return? Could happen.

Last edited by olivant; 06/08/07 10:31 AM.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #399347
06/08/07 01:49 PM
06/08/07 01:49 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Olivant, in your scenario, is Ade dressed in a duck costume perchance???

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #399349
06/08/07 01:52 PM
06/08/07 01:52 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

The idea of that quacks me up.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #399350
06/08/07 01:53 PM
06/08/07 01:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Don't encourage him.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #399355
06/08/07 02:06 PM
06/08/07 02:06 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

James Gandolfin looks past The Sopranos.

James Gandolfini Looks Past 'Sopranos'
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
4 hours ago

NEW YORK - There was no decisive moment, no seismic shift, no ceremony when James Gandolfini put "The Sopranos" behind him. But he has. Comfortably.

"I was told that it would be a transition," he says and shakes his head. "Not much. It's very calming to move on."

Gandolfini, of course, had played gangster-in-therapy Tony Soprano _ earning raves, clout and unsought celebrity _ since the HBO drama premiered in January 1999.

Now there's only one piece of unfinished business. The finale, which airs Sunday at 9 p.m. EDT, will bring to a close a saga as powerful and oddly relatable as anything ever seen on TV. This conclusion, however satisfying or disappointing, will surely leave "Sopranos" fans wanting more.

But not Gandolfini.

"The character has been with me for so long," he says, "it's a relief to let him go."

No wonder. For 86 episodes, Gandolfini submerged himself in that fiendish, tormented character. He channeled the dark world of "Sopranos" creator David Chase. He was regularly summoned to his own psychic danger zone. All in all, the experience was "wearing," he says.

There also was a physical toll. "The Sopranos" revolves around Tony, which meant Gandolfini had an exhausting workload.

"But in a way, being tired helped me play the character. If the guy had to look good and be handsome and happy, the hours we worked would certainly not help. They helped ME a great deal," he laughs. "I was allowed to be grumpy and tired and look like (crap)."

That was then. Whatever awaits Tony in the series-ender _ prison, death or some sort of escape _ Gandolfini has already laid him to rest.

Time after time, Gandolfini felt the end at Silvercup Studios in Queens, and on locations such as Tony's home turf of northern New Jersey. All during April, members of the large "Sopranos" cast would shoot their last scene with him, then leave forever. Then he'd shoot a last scene with another cast member, who would disappear.

"There wasn't any grand finale," he says.

Or was there? Gandolfini suddenly remembers his last scene alongside Steven Van Zandt, who since the beginning played Tony's loyal consigliere Silvio.

"This is no indication of my feelings toward anyone else, but, for some reason, that really hit me when he left. Wow!"

Speaking to a reporter at HBO headquarters last week, Gandolfini, who recently signed a production deal with the network, was taking a break from screening footage for a documentary he's making about U.S. soldiers in Iraq who recover from near-fatal injuries.

Dressed casually in short sleeves, chinos and running shoes, the 45-year-old actor is down-to-earth and deferential, yet remains a formidable presence even without Tony's cockiness and mobster cred. His voice, while reflecting his New Jersey background, is richer, more robust than Tony's astringent delivery.

Though famously press-shy ever since "The Sopranos" blindsided him with stardom, Gandolfini has consented to this rare interview. Nursing coffee from a foam cup, he shares nearly an hour in agreeable give-and-take, only drawing the line when one too many questions delves into his acting technique: "Oh, please! Who gives a (crap)!" he scoffs. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be abrupt."

He misses no chance to deflect credit toward his colleagues.

"I might be in a lot of scenes, but the crew is in EVERY scene," he points out. "The crew is there 16 hours a day, every day.

"And the cast totally propped me up in many scenes. After three or four scenes sometimes I was adrift, and because (the editor) could cut to such other good actors, they were there to help me."

It was a two-way street, according to Michael Imperioli, who played Tony's hothead nephew Christopher, now dead (thanks to Tony's cold-hearted intervention) after a car crash a few episodes ago.

"Every time you go and do a scene with this guy," Imperioli said at the start of the season, "he manages to give 105 percent. That rubs off. That makes YOU work harder."

"I had the greatest sparring partner in the world, I had Muhammad Ali," said Lorraine Bracco, who, as Tony's psychiatrist Dr. Melfi, went one-on-one with Gandolfini in their penetrating therapy scenes. "He cares what he does, and does it extremely well."

Saying goodbye to the crew and his co-stars _ yes, that was hard, Gandolfini concedes, even if saying goodbye to Tony wasn't.

Also hard: no more of those magnificent "Sopranos" scripts.

"Good writing will bring you to places you don't even expect sometimes," he marvels, meaning himself, and how the material could catch him off guard and take him somewhere new, even as he was performing it.

"It's a ride that I was along on, with everybody else," he says.

And like everybody else, he can't help feeling appalled by Tony's brutish misbehavior. After shooting a scene where Tony did something despicable, Gandolfini would sometimes upbraid his own character.

"I would shake my head and say, God, what a _!" Whereupon he helpfully substitutes his unpublishable outburst with a family friendly version: "What a jerk!"

So what's the truth? Does he like this jerk who was part of him for so long?

"I used to," he says. "But it's difficult toward the end. I think the thing with Christopher might have turned the corner." That was a soulless display: Fed up with his nephew's shortcomings, Tony pinched shut the nostrils of the gravely hurt Christopher, ensuring he would choke to death.

But wait! Gandolfini thinks a moment, and more of Tony's recent misdeeds _ not homicidal, but clearly depraved _ come to mind: "Maybe the gambling thing with Hesh. And maybe the thing with Tony Sirico (as Paulie Walnuts) on the boat.

"It's kind of one thing after another. Let's just say, it was a lot easier to like him in the beginning, than in the last few years."

But back then, maybe it wasn't so easy for Gandolfini to like himself. Early on, he felt a stronger kinship with Tony, mostly stemming from "that infantile temper that I certainly possessed much more of when I was younger."

Meanwhile, the writers fleshed out Tony by cribbing from Gandolfini _ in particular, his temper.

"In the first year, maybe they would see that sometimes when I have anger, it's very funny. So they go with that. When I break something, it's funny. So they're gonna put it in again. And then I realize that I'm continually breaking things. So then I'm getting more angry because I have to continue breaking things. And then they decide, `Well, we've broken enough (stuff).'

"It was a learning process for all of us, I think."

All in the service of David Chase's vision. Pantomiming the pull Chase exerted over him (like everything on "The Sopranos"), Gandolfini playfully hooks his index finger in the corner of his mouth as if he were a trout at the end of Chase's line.

A decade ago, Gandolfini was certainly hooked when he read Chase's pilot script. A little-known character actor in his mid-30s (and the son of working-class parents who had grown up in Park Ridge, N.J.), he knew Tony was a role he was born to play. He also realized the cards were stacked against a beefy, balding, little-known actor landing the role.

But four years earlier, he'd made a brief appearance in Tony Scott's comically bloody thriller, "True Romance": a two-fisted confrontation with its star, Patricia Arquette. That performance won him his audition for Tony.

"True Romance" was also Edie Falco's first peek at the actor with whom she would be wed cinematically as Tony's wife, Carmela.

"I sort of knew the name James Gandolfini," Falco recalled. "Then I watched the film, and he's in a scene where he beats the living daylights out of a woman. I thought, `Ohhhhhhh, OK. Welllll, let's see how THIS goes.'"

And how did it go? "It was maybe the most perfect working relationship," she said.

Now it's over. One concluding episode, shrouded in secrecy, remains to be aired. The Soprano home has been struck from Studio X at Silvercup. And Gandolfini, now done with Tony, is looking ahead to other roles, perhaps as Ernest Hemingway in a film he's developing for HBO.

"I don't even think I've proven myself, yet," he says. "The Tony character was from New Jersey, I'm from New Jersey _ there's not a lot of stretching going on, here." Then he pauses, reconsiders, gives himself some credit. "In some ways, there is." He shrugs. "In a LOT of ways.

"But I have yet to begin the fight, I think."

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Beth E] #399367
06/08/07 02:57 PM
06/08/07 02:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It sounds like he's very content to say goodbye to Tony Soprano.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #399368
06/08/07 03:00 PM
06/08/07 03:00 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

People here said they lost all respect for Tony for what he did to Christopher. It appears he feels the same way.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Beth E] #399369
06/08/07 03:04 PM
06/08/07 03:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, I noticed that too Beth. It's nice that Gandolfini has an open minded view of the character, that he can detatch himself enough to not feel sorry for him.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #399378
06/08/07 03:35 PM
06/08/07 03:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Until I read that article, I never realized that you rarely saw Lorraine Bracco unless she was interacting with Gandolfini. Those must have been tough to film.

Btw, 45???!! He's not aging well, is he?

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #399409
06/08/07 05:10 PM
06/08/07 05:10 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Ade is not in my pool scenario. However, she is lurking in the shadows around Satriale's.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #399495
06/08/07 10:30 PM
06/08/07 10:30 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I'm not buying most of this, but I actually like it. \:\)

Warning, Spoiler:

Made in America" is the 86th episode and the series finale of the HBO original series, The Sopranos. It is the ninth episode of the second half of the show's sixth season. The episode was written and directed by the show's creator David Chase, marking the first time Chase has directed an episode since the series premiere. It is due to air on Sunday June 10, 2007. David Chase is said to have shot three different endings in case spoilers found their way on the internet.

The episode opens at a gas station in upstate New york a couple pull up to a pump in a red Cadillac. It is revealed to be Phil and Patty Leotardo. Phil gets out and begins to fill his tank when Benny Fazio approaches him from behind and shoots him twice in the head. Benny runs and gets into a sedan driven by Patsy Parisi and the two speed off as an african american youth onlooker throws up. We see see Tony Soprano, Paulie Walnuts, Carlo Gervasi, and Dante Greco playing cards in the safehouse from the prior episode. Tony gets a call from Benny on a payphone. He says "The Shaw's gone," and hangs up. Tony get up and motions for Paulie to follow. The two get into his Escalade after putting his AR-10 inot the backseat. The two drive to Satriales and sit outside all the while discussing days past in Johnny Boy Sopranos heyday. Paulie is working on his tan and Tony is smoking a cigar when a black Cadillac sedan approaches. Little Carmine Luperatazzi exits the backseat while the car drives around the corner. They seat themselves across from Tony and Paulie and begin to discuss recent affairs. After many malaprosims from Carmine and some moronic rambling from Paulie Tony laughs and interjects saying he is proud to be present at the first sit down between the new bosses of New Jersey and Brooklyn. Paulie and Carmine both appear shocked and Tony tells them its long over due and Paulie has been passed up too many times. Tony leaves the two and goes inside to speak with Agent Harris. Who is seen sitting in the back corner. Harris acknowledges Carmines presence and asks if hes to take that Carmine's the new boss of Brooklynn Tony tells him to, "Take whatever the *beep* you want and take one last Veal Parm Hero on the house." We now see AJ, Carmella, and Meadow in a motel room. A knock on the door prompts Carmella to remove a .45 automatic from her purse and walk to the door and ask whos there? Meadow reading the paper and AJ watching t.v. are both scared. After a long silence a familiar voice say's "A loving father and husband." Carmella opens the door and Tony and Paulie enter they all leave and go back to Casa De Soprano. After arriving home Janice Pulls up, leaves her kids there and her and Tony leave. Leaving Paulie to guard their respective families. The two arrive at a state hospital where they enter one at a time to talk to their Uncle Junior. Janice goes first and the two discuss moving him out of the hospital and Tony comes in to talk with him. The two make small talk until the shooting comes up. Junior apoligizes and said he was out of his head and that he always loved Tony even when he didnt show it. Tony and Janice return home around night fall and Tony and Paulie leave again Carmella is worried and Tony tells her not to worry this is the last time he will be leaving like this. Paulie and Tony are sitting in his car at night in an empty parking lot as the snow is falling discussing Paulies promotion Tony says he will be happy to be Consigliere to Paulie. When headlights shine upon them. The two get out and walk toward a parked SUV. When Butch DeConcini and Albie Cianflone exit it and walk toward them. They discuss peace and Tony tells the that if ran under Carmine, Brooklyn could expect no porblems from them. They shake hands and Tony suggests a drink to celebrate. Tony walks back to his car and opens the backseat. Tony pulls out a large object covered in a black plastic garbage bag. Paulie runs off to the side and throws himself down and Albie and Butch pull ot pistols but are too late when the garbage bag erupts with machine gun fire. Tony helps Paulie out of the snow and the two admire the AR-10 and two dead bodies. Tony looks the gun over and admires a phrase written on the stock. "Made In America." The two then drive away. We see the Soprano home at daylight the next day Carmella is in the bathtub, Meadow is asleep, and AJ is unlocking the hidden gun closet in an indoor column. he removes something and then goes outside. We see the pool once again uncovered yet empty and AJ is sitting in the botton holding a hand grenade. He pulls the pin out and holds the handle he hesitates and throws it to the other end of the pool it blows up dirtying him. Carmella comes outside with her .45 and nearly shoots her son. Tony arrives to see him sitting on the couch being questioned AJ says it was so cool. Tony laughs and writes it off and tells everyone to get in the car. Carmella asks where there going and Tony replies, Out for ice cream. We see a number of things in the final scene Paulie the surviving Jersey crew with Carmine and his crew having dinner together and toasting the two's promotions. Silvio's heartbeat monitor going flat. Janice in a small home with her three kids appearing miserable. Agent Harris arresting the two muslims from the Bada Bing apparently making bombs. Pat Blundetto breaking Junior out of the state hospital.Dr. Jennifer Melfi Smiling alone in her office while reading about the recent gangland slayings and Anthony Sopranos apparent stepping down as boss. Finally we see Tony and his immediate family together at an ice cream parlor.Tony then tells his family that hes no longer depressed and that being with his family and them being safe was better than all the therapists and Prozac in the world. It just took all this *beep* to make him see it. AJ says he's happy just to be alive and that hes snapped out of it aswell. Tony proposes a toast to his family mirroring the season one finale "I Dream Of Jeannie Cusamano".

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Just Lou] #399498
06/08/07 10:38 PM
06/08/07 10:38 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I'm not buying most of this, but I actually like it.

Warning, Spoiler:

Made in America" is the 86th episode and the series finale of the HBO original series, The Sopranos. It is the ninth episode of the second half of the show's sixth season. The episode was written and directed by the show's creator David Chase, marking the first time Chase has directed an episode since the series premiere. It is due to air on Sunday June 10, 2007. David Chase is said to have shot three different endings in case spoilers found their way on the internet.

The episode opens at a gas station in upstate New york a couple pull up to a pump in a red Cadillac. It is revealed to be Phil and Patty Leotardo. Phil gets out and begins to fill his tank when Benny Fazio approaches him from behind and shoots him twice in the head. Benny runs and gets into a sedan driven by Patsy Parisi and the two speed off as an african american youth onlooker throws up. We see see Tony Soprano, Paulie Walnuts, Carlo Gervasi, and Dante Greco playing cards in the safehouse from the prior episode. Tony gets a call from Benny on a payphone. He says "The Shaw's gone," and hangs up. Tony get up and motions for Paulie to follow. The two get into his Escalade after putting his AR-10 inot the backseat. The two drive to Satriales and sit outside all the while discussing days past in Johnny Boy Sopranos heyday. Paulie is working on his tan and Tony is smoking a cigar when a black Cadillac sedan approaches. Little Carmine Luperatazzi exits the backseat while the car drives around the corner. They seat themselves across from Tony and Paulie and begin to discuss recent affairs. After many malaprosims from Carmine and some moronic rambling from Paulie Tony laughs and interjects saying he is proud to be present at the first sit down between the new bosses of New Jersey and Brooklyn. Paulie and Carmine both appear shocked and Tony tells them its long over due and Paulie has been passed up too many times. Tony leaves the two and goes inside to speak with Agent Harris. Who is seen sitting in the back corner. Harris acknowledges Carmines presence and asks if hes to take that Carmine's the new boss of Brooklynn Tony tells him to, "Take whatever the *beep* you want and take one last Veal Parm Hero on the house." We now see AJ, Carmella, and Meadow in a motel room. A knock on the door prompts Carmella to remove a .45 automatic from her purse and walk to the door and ask whos there? Meadow reading the paper and AJ watching t.v. are both scared. After a long silence a familiar voice say's "A loving father and husband." Carmella opens the door and Tony and Paulie enter they all leave and go back to Casa De Soprano. After arriving home Janice Pulls up, leaves her kids there and her and Tony leave. Leaving Paulie to guard their respective families. The two arrive at a state hospital where they enter one at a time to talk to their Uncle Junior. Janice goes first and the two discuss moving him out of the hospital and Tony comes in to talk with him. The two make small talk until the shooting comes up. Junior apoligizes and said he was out of his head and that he always loved Tony even when he didnt show it. Tony and Janice return home around night fall and Tony and Paulie leave again Carmella is worried and Tony tells her not to worry this is the last time he will be leaving like this. Paulie and Tony are sitting in his car at night in an empty parking lot as the snow is falling discussing Paulies promotion Tony says he will be happy to be Consigliere to Paulie. When headlights shine upon them. The two get out and walk toward a parked SUV. When Butch DeConcini and Albie Cianflone exit it and walk toward them. They discuss peace and Tony tells the that if ran under Carmine, Brooklyn could expect no porblems from them. They shake hands and Tony suggests a drink to celebrate. Tony walks back to his car and opens the backseat. Tony pulls out a large object covered in a black plastic garbage bag. Paulie runs off to the side and throws himself down and Albie and Butch pull ot pistols but are too late when the garbage bag erupts with machine gun fire. Tony helps Paulie out of the snow and the two admire the AR-10 and two dead bodies. Tony looks the gun over and admires a phrase written on the stock. "Made In America." The two then drive away. We see the Soprano home at daylight the next day Carmella is in the bathtub, Meadow is asleep, and AJ is unlocking the hidden gun closet in an indoor column. he removes something and then goes outside. We see the pool once again uncovered yet empty and AJ is sitting in the botton holding a hand grenade. He pulls the pin out and holds the handle he hesitates and throws it to the other end of the pool it blows up dirtying him. Carmella comes outside with her .45 and nearly shoots her son. Tony arrives to see him sitting on the couch being questioned AJ says it was so cool. Tony laughs and writes it off and tells everyone to get in the car. Carmella asks where there going and Tony replies, Out for ice cream. We see a number of things in the final scene Paulie the surviving Jersey crew with Carmine and his crew having dinner together and toasting the two's promotions. Silvio's heartbeat monitor going flat. Janice in a small home with her three kids appearing miserable. Agent Harris arresting the two muslims from the Bada Bing apparently making bombs. Pat Blundetto breaking Junior out of the state hospital.Dr. Jennifer Melfi Smiling alone in her office while reading about the recent gangland slayings and Anthony Sopranos apparent stepping down as boss. Finally we see Tony and his immediate family together at an ice cream parlor.Tony then tells his family that hes no longer depressed and that being with his family and them being safe was better than all the therapists and Prozac in the world. It just took all this *beep* to make him see it. AJ says he's happy just to be alive and that hes snapped out of it aswell. Tony proposes a toast to his family mirroring the season one finale "I Dream Of Jeannie Cusamano".

That'd work for me if it pans out.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Just Lou] #399500
06/08/07 10:41 PM
06/08/07 10:41 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I'm not buying most of this, but I actually like it. \:\)

Warning, Spoiler:

Well, this fits with some pictures one Board member posted earlier this week and someone else's reference to an ice cream parlor. But there could be alternate endings filmed.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #399521
06/08/07 11:28 PM
06/08/07 11:28 PM
California

California
I am doing sooooo good not opening or listening to any spoilers. I can honestly say, so far, I have no inclination of how the series will end. I know there is a lot of speculation, and I am curious on some of these spoilers that you guys have posted, but with only two days to go, I can wait. \:\)

TIS

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399524
06/08/07 11:34 PM
06/08/07 11:34 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I am doing sooooo good not opening or listening to any spoilers. I can honestly say, so far, I have no inclination of how the series will end. I know there is a lot of speculation, and I am curious on some of these spoilers that you guys have posted, but with only two days to go, I can wait. \:\)

TIS

You sure you don't want to know the spoilers Tissie? I'll bribe you with some pork chops and spare ribs.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Beth E] #399528
06/08/07 11:39 PM
06/08/07 11:39 PM
California

California
 Originally Posted By: Beth E

TIS

You sure you don't want to know the spoilers Tissie? I'll bribe you with some pork chops and spare ribs.

Well, stop at the store and grab some more grub, and I'll fire up the grill. \:D I'll give you a few days to get here.

TIS

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: SC] #399538
06/09/07 12:03 AM
06/09/07 12:03 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: SC

That'd work for me if it pans out.

I highly doubt the episode would open with that scene, without any buildup. Some of the ideas are pretty interesting though.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILE [Re: Just Lou] #399595
06/09/07 09:19 AM
06/09/07 09:19 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

James Gandolfini is on Inside the actor's studio now.

(It's an old episode. It was from about 2 years ago).

EDIT! James says how some real life wiseguys talk to him about the authenticity of the show. One actually got mad at him when he wore shorts in a cookout. He said dons don't wear short. Who knew.

Last edited by Beth E; 06/09/07 09:39 AM.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399600
06/09/07 10:23 AM
06/09/07 10:23 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

TIS

I got this from on high, so it must be true.

AJ joins a seminary and Meadow becomes a nun. Carmela joins Opus Dei along with Tony. They convert everyone to peace and love. However, as time goes by different religious factions emerge and they end up killng each other.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #399603
06/09/07 10:36 AM
06/09/07 10:36 AM
California

California

TIS

I got this from on high, so it must be true.

AJ joins a seminary and Meadow becomes a nun. Carmela joins Opus Dei along with Tony. They convert everyone to peace and love. However, as time goes by different religious factions emerge and they end up killng each other.

Damn! Now you ruined it for me! ;\)

TIS

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILE [Re: Beth E] #399621
06/09/07 11:37 AM
06/09/07 11:37 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
James (Gandolfini) says how some real life wiseguys talk to him about the authenticity of the show. One actually got mad at him when he wore shorts in a cookout. He said dons don't wear short.

It must be a Jersey don thing.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILE [Re: SC] #399627
06/09/07 12:04 PM
06/09/07 12:04 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

They played a clip from Gandolfini's role in The man who wasn't there with Billy Bob Thorton. At one point in the scene he cries, "I don't know what to do", or something to that affect. I half expected Billy Bob to get up and slap him and yell, "You can act like a man".

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull