GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,733
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #397682
06/03/07 06:20 PM
06/03/07 06:20 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
 Originally Posted By: svsg
How does it justify searching a vast majority of muslims who are peaceful?

What the fuck are you talking about? If they want to get on an airplane, they should be more closely scrutinized. That's all. Nobody is going to their houses for an illegal search and seizure.

By searching I meant searching at airports. Even if all the terrorist who have been caught are muslims, it does not give you the complete picture. Number of terrorists found is a very small fraction of the number of muslims living/traveling in the country.
I'll give you an example. Assume that a particular fatal contagious disease is found 99% times in males and 1% times in females. But only 0.01% of all the male population has this disease. By just quoting the 99% figure you cannot justify screening the entire population of males alone, because as per your logic, males are 99 times more likely to have the disease than females. Since it is very rare disease (because of 0.01% number), it is a good idea to screen all the population. Plus it it contagious and fatal. OK this is the best I can do to logically explain my opinion.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #397683
06/03/07 06:26 PM
06/03/07 06:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
listen - let's say someone just committed a murder, & they jumped in their white jeep & fled the scene; police officers all over the city are looking for this criminal, so they start checking cars in the specific area he was heading in. now should every car driving in that particular vicinity be checked? yes - safety precautions for our wellbeing, always. should an emphasis be placed on checking white jeeps in that area? of course. at airports, should everyone have security procedures followed through on them? yes - safety precautions for our wellbeing, always. should an emphasis be placed on muslims, who are immensely more likely to commit a crime? of course.

this isn't rocket science, folks.

Given the name of this BB, shouldn't the authorities be "stopping" Italians and finding out what they are up to?

Last edited by olivant; 06/03/07 06:27 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #397684
06/03/07 06:29 PM
06/03/07 06:29 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well

I doubt I'd remove any of those people from that list. But I'd scrutinize a few of them much closer than the rest, and for obvious reasons.

If you can't understand that, then I'm not sure what else I can do.
and
Until you answer me without resorting to bullshit like "osama fucking my daughter", I can't understand your view. So can you tell me which groups (out of the list I provided) will you "scrutinize more closer than the rest" if you do not want to remove anyone out of it. I am asking you to choose from the list for a specific reason. I don't think it will take you too long to say , for example, "items 1,5 and 7 from your list should be scrutinized less than the rest".

Re: Airport Security [Re: long_lost_corleone] #397881
06/04/07 08:26 AM
06/04/07 08:26 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Nobody is going to their houses for an illegal search and seizure.

Why would we do that when we can just tap their phone lines?

I love Echelon. It helped take down the mob, it's helping take down terror.

Probable cause, bitches!

It doesn't matter who's likely to do what, speaking on generalizations. Because that's what they are; generalizations. And it's so highly unconstitutional (you know, that whole "all men created equal" thing...) that I want to find a board of wood with a nail sticking through it, and do an headstand on it.

What about my fucking civil rights? Or the 3-year-old in seat 14-A, sitting next to his mother? Or the married couple just leaving for their honeymoon? The decent, hardworking American citizens who are getting on planes to go about their business and everyday lives?

No. Fuck those civil liberties. After all, we wouldn't want to "alienate" the muslim world, which recently has given our society so many blessings like...what's that again? Suicide bombing? Oh yeah.

And the actual terrorists, LLC? Once again, I'll ask you yet again, show me these white people who are allegedly just as likely to be committing these heinous acts as radical Muslims...I still have those crack stickers waiting.

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #397883
06/04/07 08:35 AM
06/04/07 08:35 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

How does it justify searching a vast majority of muslims who are peaceful?

What the fuck are you talking about? If they want to get on an airplane, they should be more closely scrutinized. That's all. Nobody is going to their houses for an illegal search and seizure.

By searching I meant searching at airports. Even if all the terrorist who have been caught are muslims, it does not give you the complete picture. Number of terrorists found is a very small fraction of the number of muslims living/traveling in the country.
I'll give you an example. Assume that a particular fatal contagious disease is found 99% times in males and 1% times in females. But only 0.01% of all the male population has this disease. By just quoting the 99% figure you cannot justify screening the entire population of males alone, because as per your logic, males are 99 times more likely to have the disease than females. Since it is very rare disease (because of 0.01% number), it is a good idea to screen all the population. Plus it it contagious and fatal. OK this is the best I can do to logically explain my opinion.

And my opinion is this - if that particular disease showed a certain prevalence for appearing in certain kinds of people - i.e. Sickle-Cell Anemia, which is almost entirely exclusive to African-Americans. Would you screen everyone, just in case, during the normal course of health care? Sure. But it's the same reason why blacks are tested for this disease more often than whites - because they odds are they are more likely to have it.

I doubt I'd remove any of those people from that list. But I'd scrutinize a few of them much closer than the rest, and for obvious reasons.

If you can't understand that, then I'm not sure what else I can do.

and
Until you answer me without resorting to bullshit like "osama fucking my daughter", I can't understand your view. So can you tell me which groups (out of the list I provided) will you "scrutinize more closer than the rest" if you do not want to remove anyone out of it. I am asking you to choose from the list for a specific reason. I don't think it will take you too long to say , for example, "items 1,5 and 7 from your list should be scrutinized less than the rest".

Why? I don't think your list has any point. You want to trap me in some kind of racist/xenophobic/psychobabble where if I pick something it will take on a whole new meaning. Nope.

Once and for all - security should be increased across the board. Those who are Muslims - those who are of Arab descent - and those from a country of origin to be a known rogue nation - should all be checkstops that require intense scrutiny.

As I said, the little white grandma could be packing C4. But I highly doubt she is. And if Al Qaeda can get little white grandma's to start packing, then we're all in serious trouble.

Luckily, however, they've only been able to brainwash young malcontents and one-legged, feeble-minded old men who lack the intellect or common sense to avoid being controlled and lead to the slaughter by a warped ideology.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #397903
06/04/07 11:03 AM
06/04/07 11:03 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
You want to trap me in some kind of racist/xenophobic/psychobabble

Do I have to trap you into something to prove that? ;\) \:p \:D

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398017
06/04/07 04:41 PM
06/04/07 04:41 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Common Sense ≠ Racism

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398028
06/04/07 05:37 PM
06/04/07 05:37 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Everyone knows you're a fascist anyway.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Airport Security [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #398032
06/04/07 06:18 PM
06/04/07 06:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Could calling someone a facist be considered a form of profiling? ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Don Cardi] #398039
06/04/07 08:09 PM
06/04/07 08:09 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Not if they fit the description.

But this description isn't visual; it goes by character traits, not skin colour. \:p

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398052
06/04/07 10:24 PM
06/04/07 10:24 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Nobody is going to their houses for an illegal search and seizure.

Why would we do that when we can just tap their phone lines?

I love Echelon. It helped take down the mob, it's helping take down terror.

Probable cause, bitches!

It doesn't matter who's likely to do what, speaking on generalizations. Because that's what they are; generalizations. And it's so highly unconstitutional (you know, that whole "all men created equal" thing...) that I want to find a board of wood with a nail sticking through it, and do an headstand on it.

What about my fucking civil rights? Or the 3-year-old in seat 14-A, sitting next to his mother? Or the married couple just leaving for their honeymoon? The decent, hardworking American citizens who are getting on planes to go about their business and everyday lives?

No. Fuck those civil liberties. After all, we wouldn't want to "alienate" the muslim world, which recently has given our society so many blessings like...what's that again? Suicide bombing? Oh yeah.

And the actual terrorists, LLC? Once again, I'll ask you yet again, show me these white people who are allegedly just as likely to be committing these heinous acts as radical Muslims...I still have those crack stickers waiting.

See this is my problem all together; You're completely ignoring their rights. And you and I both know the majority of acts of terror in the US are being committed by citizens and aliens alike of Muslim descent; but I think svsg made a great point in comparing terrorism to that of a disease that occurs mostly in men, but the percentage of men infected is still relatively small. There aren't nearly as many acts of terror being committed as we'd be left to believe, the media just flocks to the few committed like a pack of rabid ex-cons to a voluptuous sixteen year old girl. It's a business built on fear.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Airport Security [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #398125
06/05/07 07:25 AM
06/05/07 07:25 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I prefer the term, "Yankee Imperialist," thank you.

Re: Airport Security [Re: long_lost_corleone] #398126
06/05/07 07:31 AM
06/05/07 07:31 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

See this is my problem all together; You're completely ignoring their rights. And you and I both know the majority of acts of terror in the US are being committed by citizens and aliens alike of Muslim descent; but I think svsg made a great point in comparing terrorism to that of a disease that occurs mostly in men, but the percentage of men infected is still relatively small. There aren't nearly as many acts of terror being committed as we'd be left to believe, the media just flocks to the few committed like a pack of rabid ex-cons to a voluptuous sixteen year old girl. It's a business built on fear.

So the civil rights of the Muslim community, a community which has yet to churn out these malcontents who want to attack our country, and has yet to stand up and reject these notions (by saying 25% of them support suicide bombers), has more important rights when it comes to flying on an airplane than the rest of the U.S.?

I guess I don't see your logic. I don't see how you can sit here and say, "you and I both know the majority of acts of terror in the US are being committed by citizens and aliens alike of Muslim descent," but then tell me that it doesn't happen often enough or that because the percentage of terrorists in the Muslim community is small, we should ignore that fact.

"There aren't nearly as many acts of terror being committed as we'd be left to believe." Really? So, what, after 9/11 (and before that, embassy bombings), that's like 3,500+ Americans killed. Maybe you're right, that's an insignificant number.

After all, 3,500+ decent, hard-working Americans died in vain so that Muslim terrorists could get on airplanes and blow up some more Americans.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398128
06/05/07 08:02 AM
06/05/07 08:02 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK

I prefer the term, "Yankee Imperialist," thank you.
Nah, let's call a spade a spade. \:p

Re: Airport Security [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #398137
06/05/07 08:53 AM
06/05/07 08:53 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Sam Spade?

You getting this alright, son, or am I going to fast for you? \:p

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398175
06/05/07 11:36 AM
06/05/07 11:36 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well

"There aren't nearly as many acts of terror being committed as we'd be left to believe." Really? So, what, after 9/11 (and before that, embassy bombings), that's like 3,500+ Americans killed. Maybe you're right, that's an insignificant number.

After all, 3,500+ decent, hard-working Americans died in vain so that Muslim terrorists could get on airplanes and blow up some more Americans.

Regards,
Double-J

The small number is not in the context of victims, it was for the number of terrorists. 9/11 did not require thousands of terrorists, though those dozen odd guys were able to kill thousands. Don't quote some random survey about 25% supporting suicide bombers, I don't believe its authenticity, it may well be written by someone who shares your opinions. I, for example have a lot of muslim friends. NONE of them support terrorists. What percentage of muslims living in the country(citizens or otherwise) are directly or indirectly connected with terrorists. Does FBI/CIA or whatever have any numbers? Please show us those kind of statistics and you will have no difficulty in proving us wrong.

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398176
06/05/07 11:39 AM
06/05/07 11:39 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Does FBI/CIA or whatever have any numbers? Please show us those kind of statistics and you will have no difficulty in proving us wrong.

If the CIA/FBI had those kind of facts and numbers, then you guys wouldn't even be having this debate.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Don Cardi] #398177
06/05/07 11:48 AM
06/05/07 11:48 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Does FBI/CIA or whatever have any numbers? Please show us those kind of statistics and you will have no difficulty in proving us wrong.

If the CIA/FBI had those kind of facts and numbers, then you guys wouldn't even be having this debate.

That's the best post on this subject yet.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398189
06/05/07 12:30 PM
06/05/07 12:30 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Don't quote some random survey about 25% supporting suicide bombers, I don't believe its authenticity, it may well be written by someone who shares your opinions.

I didn't realize the Pew Research Center and the Associates Press were not reliable, authentic sources.

Thank you, come again!

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398190
06/05/07 12:31 PM
06/05/07 12:31 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Please show us those kind of statistics and you will have no difficulty in proving us wrong.

I wasn't having any difficulty without said statistics...

Re: Airport Security [Re: pizzaboy] #398191
06/05/07 12:33 PM
06/05/07 12:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

That's the best post on this subject yet.

The real problem with this whole subject of security is that there are some people who just do not seem to understand that there is a big difference between "racial profiling" and "criminal profiling.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Airport Security [Re: Don Cardi] #398195
06/05/07 12:48 PM
06/05/07 12:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I just think that the closer you were to NYC that day, the less likely you are to care about civil liberties. I was on the Whitestone Bridge, heading out to Brookyn when the 2nd tower was hit. I heard it live on the radio, then turned my head and saw the fireball. The bridges were then closed and I couldn't get home until that evening. I live in Throgs Neck, with a clear view of the city skyline. I watched the smoldering for weeks from my rooftop. I have family in the funeral service business and saw many of the funerals first hand. Families burying a hand, a foot, in some cases a skin graft. In many cases, nothing at all. No closure. It's just much easier to scream about civil liberties when you're posting from a small town in middle America. I'm Italian and proud. If Italians were profiled as a result of something like this, as long as our children are safe, I could care less. And I mean that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398201
06/05/07 01:03 PM
06/05/07 01:03 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Don't quote some random survey about 25% supporting suicide bombers, I don't believe its authenticity, it may well be written by someone who shares your opinions.

I didn't realize the Pew Research Center and the Associates Press were not reliable, authentic sources.

Thank you, come again!

Though I still don't know anything about Pew or Associate Press,
this is what Pew had to say:

They conducted survey on about 1000 muslims:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Very few Muslim Americans – just
1% – say that suicide bombings against
civilian targets are often justified to defend
Islam; an additional 7% say suicide bombings
are sometimes justified in these
circumstances. In Western Europe, higher
percentages of Muslims in Great Britain,
France and Spain said that suicide bombings
in the defense of Islam are often or sometimes justified.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now that is 1% as I suspected, not 25%.

There are a lot of normal people who fall into the additional 7% . For those who remember, in the Hiroshima thread, a lot of people here supported Civilian attack, because it served a greater good. Probably including yourself. The survey does not give the details of what justifications those additional 7% had. Or even what they actually said. These can be mis-interpreted or taken out of context. It is those 1% that needs to be arrested and punished.... not the 99% of peaceful muslims. I will look at the other source (associates press) later. But if this survey is authentic, I guess I should see similar results.

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398204
06/05/07 01:10 PM
06/05/07 01:10 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

[Now that is 1% as I suspected, not 25%.

You need to get the facts straight.

25% of Muslims UNDER THE AGE OF 30 years old have said that they approve of suicide bombings in the name of their religion.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398205
06/05/07 01:11 PM
06/05/07 01:11 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
PB, I appreciate what you're saying. I understand the emotional context. However, I have to mildly disagree. How long would it take terrorists (of any race) to change their appearance if they knew what the security personnel were looking for?? It's not enough to target a specific group. You need to have effective and efficient security across the board. Right now we don't have that. We have all sorts of people slipping through security, and for any number of reasons. And THAT'S wrong.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Airport Security [Re: Sicilian Babe] #398208
06/05/07 01:18 PM
06/05/07 01:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It's not racial profiling. It's who did it.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Airport Security [Re: svsg] #398214
06/05/07 01:45 PM
06/05/07 01:45 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Thank you, come again!

Though I still don't know anything about Pew or Associate Press,
this is what Pew had to say:

They conducted survey on about 1000 muslims:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Very few Muslim Americans – just
1% – say that suicide bombings against
civilian targets are often justified to defend
Islam; an additional 7% say suicide bombings
are sometimes justified in these
circumstances. In Western Europe, higher
percentages of Muslims in Great Britain,
France and Spain said that suicide bombings
in the defense of Islam are often or sometimes justified.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now that is 1% as I suspected, not 25%.

There are a lot of normal people who fall into the additional 7% . For those who remember, in the Hiroshima thread, a lot of people here supported Civilian attack, because it served a greater good. Probably including yourself. The survey does not give the details of what justifications those additional 7% had. Or even what they actually said. These can be mis-interpreted or taken out of context. It is those 1% that needs to be arrested and punished.... not the 99% of peaceful muslims. I will look at the other source (associates press) later. But if this survey is authentic, I guess I should see similar results.

First off, perhaps you should check into the AP and Pew, and you'll find they are quite reputed sources.

Secondly, DC has already pointed out the flaw in your conclusion.

---

SB - I don't think that would work. I doubt Al Qaeda would be able to find many Westerners outside of Muslims to support their cause.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398217
06/05/07 01:52 PM
06/05/07 01:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
It wouldn't work?? How?? Are all Muslims dark-skinned?? Are there none who could "pass"? Are there no cosmetics? Wigs?? Having spent time doing summerstock in my youth, I know how easy it is to make a 21 year old girl look like a 70 year old woman. I'm just saying, it would be simple for anyone who has the type of sick and twisted commitment to such a cause, to "fake out" the security personnel, if they felt that they might be spending their time looking for a certain physical type. Why not plant that physical type on a security line, but have them "clean" while the terrorist with the weapons looks like someone or something else? And walks onto the plane while "security" is busy?

Until tight security measures are put in place in our airports, and used in an effective manner across the board, then nobody is truly safe. Our security now is a joke. And profiling isn't going to make it any better.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Sicilian Babe] #398218
06/05/07 01:59 PM
06/05/07 01:59 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I guess I don't have as much faith in their skills in cosmetics as you do.

After all, this is a race of people where in some parts, they keep their women fully clothed and behind veils, so... \:p

[/joking]

---

This is why greater security is needed, particularly with documentation. You could turn Mohammed Atta into Mrs. Doubtfire, but if there are improved checks, it would yield nothing.

Plus, costumes only make it harder for them to carry bombs, etc.

Re: Airport Security [Re: Double-J] #398220
06/05/07 02:03 PM
06/05/07 02:03 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't know about that. I would think that a fake pair of breasts would be a perfect place to hide some explosives, no??

I guess my fear would be that profiling, which I believe is wrong to begin with, would allow security personnel to be lax with someone who doesn't fit the profile. And that would allow too many doors to remain open.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull