GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (CleanBandit, Malavita), 344 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,428
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #393835
05/17/07 11:56 AM
05/17/07 11:56 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: olivant

True enough, but my question is a temporal one. Pussy leaves with three of his companions all well known to his wife. His wife sees him leave with them, she knows where they're going, and she can figure it might take a few hours. He never returns and there's nothing from his wife such as "Tony, where's Pussy? He was with you guys. Where'd he go?" Also, his wife was close to Carmela. Don't you think she would have told Carmela that they all left together to look at a boat?

Its been awhile since I watched that episode... are you SURE that Pussy's wife knew where he was going? Don't forget, Pussy had been disappearing for various lengths of time then (while he was cooperating with the Feds).

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393836
05/17/07 11:58 AM
05/17/07 11:58 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I think this episode was on A&E 3 weeks ago. Tony and Paulie (I think) stop by the house to pick Pussy up. Tony pretends to use the bathroom, but snoops around and finds Pussy's wires. Then they all leave. I think there was talk of a boat.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393838
05/17/07 11:59 AM
05/17/07 11:59 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: SC
Don't forget, Pussy had been disappearing for various lengths of time then (while he was cooperating with the Feds).

Exactly.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #393846
05/17/07 12:25 PM
05/17/07 12:25 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Olivant, I happened to watch the re-run on A&E last night when they killed Big Pussy. I believe that his wife initially thinks that he has run off and eventually Tony puts the word out that Pussy probably went into the witness protection program.

I watched that epi. last night also. Sad part was when pussy asked them not to mess with his face.

I did get a kick out of seeing Tony having food poisening.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393876
05/17/07 02:41 PM
05/17/07 02:41 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

True enough, but my question is a temporal one. Pussy leaves with three of his companions all well known to his wife. His wife sees him leave with them, she knows where they're going, and she can figure it might take a few hours. He never returns and there's nothing from his wife such as "Tony, where's Pussy? He was with you guys. Where'd he go?" Also, his wife was close to Carmela. Don't you think she would have told Carmela that they all left together to look at a boat?

Its been awhile since I watched that episode... are you SURE that Pussy's wife knew where he was going? Don't forget, Pussy had been disappearing for various lengths of time then (while he was cooperating with the Feds).

While Tony is upstairs snooping around, Paulie and Pussy and his wife are sitting at the table drinking coffee. The last thing Tony says is something like "let's go buy a boat." Again, I'm making a temporal point. Pussy leaves with these guys and doesn't return. He's doesn't go on a few days trip with them; they don't come back and say "We woke up and Pussy was gone." It's to look at a boat which is a few hours at best. Surely, his wife asked Tony "Hey, where's Pussy?" What are they gonna say?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #393881
05/17/07 02:47 PM
05/17/07 02:47 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Surely, his wife asked Tony "Hey, where's Pussy?" What are they gonna say?

They would have said something like, "The fat fuck probably went into the Witness Protection Program".... its their word (three guys) against no evidence that they didn't know what happened to him (they could have easily lied).

I know you think Pussy's wife would never believe them but she undoubtedly found Pussy's wired microphone and she may have expected that he was cooperating with the Feds. Whether she believed them or not isn't really the point here... Carmella and others she may have turned to for some "support" believe Pussy was a rat.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393887
05/17/07 02:55 PM
05/17/07 02:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pussy was particularly rotten to her that season. Remember her cancer scare ? He was real sympathetic, huh ?

I really can't imagine that she cared much. I mean she cried when he came home from his initial disappearance.

It appears she did much better without him. I assume his sons did, as well. No mention of them shitting in the shower.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #393888
05/17/07 02:58 PM
05/17/07 02:58 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

It appears she did much better without him. I assume his sons did, as well. No mention of them shitting in the shower.

Hmmmm... both Bompensiro's and Spatafore's kids had pussies for a father.

(couldn't resist)

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393891
05/17/07 03:06 PM
05/17/07 03:06 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Pussy's wife reminds me of Morrie's wife in Goodfellas. She was frantic when he didn't come home. Are these women total baffoons? They know what their husbands do, but they feign ignorance when they go "missing".

Last edited by Beth E; 05/17/07 03:06 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #393895
05/17/07 03:19 PM
05/17/07 03:19 PM
Rocco_Spaccamuro Offline
Wiseguy
Rocco_Spaccamuro  Offline
Wiseguy
 Originally Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro

Also, after watching reruns, when Pussy didn't come back from looking at the boat with Tony, Sil, and Paulie, didn't Pussy's wife report that or become suspicious?

Dude, why do you care? its over, let it gooo

Hey Rocco, if you don't like his question or don't care to answer it, then just move on. This IS a Sopranos thread and his question is about the Sopranos.

Olivant, I happened to watch the re-run on A&E last night when they killed Big Pussy. I believe that his wife initially thinks that he has run off and eventually Tony puts the word out that Pussy probably went into the witness protection program.

i dont mind his question, i have nothing against the guy, but th thread is about episode 6 of the NEW season, not episode 13 of season 2. i just didnt find it relevant to the thread.

A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Rocco_Spaccamuro] #393898
05/17/07 03:21 PM
05/17/07 03:21 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY
TRUE, this thread got severely sidetracked.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393912
05/17/07 04:01 PM
05/17/07 04:01 PM
ScarFather Offline
Capo
ScarFather  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Hmmmm... both Bompensiro's and Spatafore's kids had pussies for a father.

(couldn't resist)

As much as you made me laugh ..... uh, no... Pappa Spatafore's thing could never be mistaken for THAT!

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #393925
05/17/07 04:51 PM
05/17/07 04:51 PM
Northeast
reynols Offline
Underboss
reynols  Offline
Underboss
Northeast
 Originally Posted By: ScarFather

Tony didnt kill Chrisopher. He lent a hand.

When Tony goes around to Christopher... Chris is talking nonsense and spitting up blood... he is taking Chris out of his misery. ;\)

Is that why Tony bagan to dial 911 and then stopped? To take Chris out of his misery? Or was it because he realized that if Chris lived and was found to have drugs in his system that he would have been busted and could have turned state's witness against Tony to make his own deal?

My friend, I think that you need to re-watch that episode.

Tony murdered Christopher. The episodes before this set the stage, and the conversatiosn with Melfi after he killed him confirmed it.

chris has been my favorite character on this series, but lets face it he was an addict and borderline junkie. IF he was to somehow survive the wreck the kid would have eventually either been killed, get killed or get his family hurt

tony killed him first off bcuz he was looking out for himself and to save himself from chris turning. but he was just tired of seeing the kid on drugs, from season one hes been on drugs and tony was Always on him for it, it was only a matter of time b4 he destroyed himself or in this case ruin tonys life too, so tony just saw an oppurtunity and took it.

Time You Enjoy Wasting, was not wasted - John Lennon

A man who nevers spends time with his family can never be a real man - Don Vito Corleone
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #393931
05/17/07 05:44 PM
05/17/07 05:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Surely, his wife asked Tony "Hey, where's Pussy?" What are they gonna say?

They would have said something like, "The fat fuck probably went into the Witness Protection Program".... its their word (three guys) against no evidence that they didn't know what happened to him (they could have easily lied).

I know you think Pussy's wife would never believe them but she undoubtedly found Pussy's wired microphone and she may have expected that he was cooperating with the Feds. Whether she believed them or not isn't really the point here... Carmella and others she may have turned to for some "support" believe Pussy was a rat.

You're still missing my point. He went out to look at a boat with Tony and Paulie. She knew this. That takes a few hours. He doesn't come home from the "three hour tour" with Tony and Paulie. She doesn't call the police? Tony and Paulie open themselves up to a possible murder investigation, both state and federal? I'm not buying it. I think Chase could have done a better job of disguising this murder.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #393993
05/17/07 11:32 PM
05/17/07 11:32 PM
Highway 61
hova4ever9 Offline
Capo
hova4ever9  Offline
Capo
Highway 61
ir wanst paulie the wife knew about it was sil.

Travis Bickle: Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man. -Taxi Driver
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #393994
05/17/07 11:33 PM
05/17/07 11:33 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

She knows who they are and what they do. What makes you think she's stupid enough to ask?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #394069
05/18/07 10:18 AM
05/18/07 10:18 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline OP
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline OP
Philadelphia's Consigliere
Underboss
Philadelphia
I don't think Chase wanted to waste a couple episodes on Angie pondering what happened to her husband.

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #394072
05/18/07 10:32 AM
05/18/07 10:32 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Didn't Tony smash her car windows in an episode and tell her that her husband became a rat?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #394081
05/18/07 11:47 AM
05/18/07 11:47 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Didn't Tony smash her car windows in an episode and tell her that her husband became a rat?

Yes, he did.

This will be my last post on this subject. I appreciate everyone's answers. But, they miss my point. If Tony and the guys had taken Puss on a fishing trip over a couple of days and he had taken his own car, I could understand how his wife might believe that he could, in that circumstance, had the time to decide on going into the protection program. In that circumstance he had his own car so he could drive where he wanted. But she knew he was just going to look at a boat, who he was with, and whether or not he took his own car which he probably had not done. So, when he doesn't return in a few hours, surely she's not going to believe any bull about the protection program. If it were me, I'd have a million questions like "He left with you Tony. Why didn't he come back with you?" It just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by olivant; 05/18/07 11:49 AM.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #394083
05/18/07 11:51 AM
05/18/07 11:51 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I understand exactly what you're saying olivant. But like Godfather, perhaps some scenes aren't shown on tv because it does't fit the time allotment. Unless Tony drove Pussy to his new hide out, how'd he get there. They shouldn't have even mentioned Tony talking to Pussy's wife. She should know from his lifestyle that if he didn't come back, then he's sleeping with the fishes. She would know not to ask questions unless she wanted to join him.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #394085
05/18/07 11:54 AM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY

This will be my last post on this subject. I appreciate everyone's answers. But, they miss my point. If Tony and the guys had taken Puss on a fishing trip over a couple of days and he had taken his own car, I could understand how his wife might believe that he could, in that circumstance, had the time to decide on going into the protection program. In that circumstance he had his own car so he could drive where he wanted. But she knew he was just going to look at a boat, who he was with, and whether or not he took his own car which he probably had not done. So, when he doesn't return in a few hours, surely she's not going to believe any bull about the protection program. If it were me, I'd have a million questions like "He left with you Tony. Why didn't he come back with you?" It just doesn't make sense to me.

My guess is she wanted to live.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #394087
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Well, either it was sloppy writing by Chase (he could have just as easily waited till Pussy was at the Bing to ask him to look at the boat) OR Chase figured that Tony's mindset was no body, no crime. Even if Sil or Paulie ever went bad (unlikely), Pussy's body would be VERY difficult to find, if not impossible.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #394150
05/18/07 04:38 PM
05/18/07 04:38 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Pussy is dead and so is Ade. Chris going was the icing on the cake for Tony for now the only one that can destroy Tony is Tony. Getting high and rolling around the floor is one way to start his downfall. Paulie will never talk for if Tony thought he would Paulie would not have come back from the fishing trip.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #394202
05/18/07 09:11 PM
05/18/07 09:11 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Yes, he did.

As my earlier post said and a few others have touched on...Angie must have had these questions, but verbalizing them would be detrimental to her health and she knows it.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Longneck] #394218
05/18/07 10:27 PM
05/18/07 10:27 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Here is Paul's buddy Frank Vincent on The Jimmy Kimmell show on May 3rd. Not a great reveal, but fun none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FB0FmFoVVQ&NR=1

Re: Season 6B, Episode 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: ScarFather] #403514
06/18/07 08:27 AM
06/18/07 08:27 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Maybe it was the mood I was in last night (I watched about six episodes in a row and finished at half five this morning), but looking back, I'm a tad disappointed with how lazily things were dealt with this season, this episode in particular.

It had none of the psychological complexity of previous seasons - I think that peak was achieved in seasons 4 and 5.

I feel a bit cheated, to be honest, that characters we've come to be fascinated by for seven years, week in, week out, are dealt with and killed off without any sort of emotional swamping. Although I'm against it normally, I think the actors and the writers are capable of milking certain situations and pulling it off without seeming too indulgent. They did it when Tony was in hospital last year, you got a real sense of the gravity of the situation.

But this season, Chrissy's death really annoyed me, for starters; not so much the death itself, but the way his character just disappeared after that. I liked how it was all set up prior to that, too, the way we really feel for Christopher (in many ways he was the main character in the episodes before this), but Christ, now we're onto the sort of shallow callousness of The Godfather Part II. I think it was a fantastic opportunity for Gandolfini to stretch his acting chops, but instead we're reduced to a whisper of "He's dead" in a casino.

The episode's dark streak reminded me of the season four opener, in which Tony edged Chris into killing that cop, "avenging" his father's death; but I used to hate that episode, and now I really like it, so I can't wait to revisit this, and the season as a whole.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull