GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS #390937
05/05/07 03:22 PM
05/05/07 03:22 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline OP
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline OP
Capo
The BING
Episode 82- "Walk Like A Man" ---I'm thinkin that's a GF reference to "You can act like a man!" to Johnny Fontaine. Kinda resembles AJ's depression maybe, a "I dont know what to do" situation.

This week, A.J. struggles with depression. Kelli's dad is the unwitting catalyst of a new feud between Christopher and Paulie.

The Pinebarren boys at it again!!! \:D

Last edited by SC; 05/05/07 03:35 PM. Reason: To add "spoiler warning"
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #390973
05/06/07 04:20 AM
05/06/07 04:20 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
Episode 82- "Walk Like A Man" ---I'm thinkin that's a GF reference to "You can act like a man!" to Johnny Fontaine. Kinda resembles AJ's depression maybe, a "I dont know what to do" situation.

This week, A.J. struggles with depression. Kelli's dad is the unwitting catalyst of a new feud between Christopher and Paulie.

Swell, another previously-unseen character comes completely out of nowhere.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391017
05/06/07 01:02 PM
05/06/07 01:02 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Should be good, Paulie vs Chris was always enjoyable and when they buried the hatchet in season 5 it took away from the show. Hopefully there's more mob related activities this week, and no more Hesh and Marie...what a lame episode.

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391076
05/06/07 07:33 PM
05/06/07 07:33 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Actually, I thought both Phil Leotardo's and Tony's sit-downs with Vito Jr. were reminiscent of Vito Corleone's "be a man" scene with Johnny Fontane. (Obviously Phil's more so.)

I've kept patience most of the year, but Chase has got to stop screwing around and start resolving some of the storylines.

Yeah yeah, I've read some people speculating that Chase plans to cross up everybody -- not resolve ANY of the story lines, just leave everything hanging -- and of course, he certainly COULD do that, but that is really gonna piss a lot of people off who have been watching the show for a long time.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 05/06/07 07:33 PM.

"You did good."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: EnzoBaker] #391109
05/06/07 08:26 PM
05/06/07 08:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
if Tony goes to jail, what is Carmela left with? In the last episode, didn't he reassure her that she would be taken care of? I don't buy it. If Johnny Sack couldn't make provisions for his wife, how can Tony?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391128
05/06/07 10:00 PM
05/06/07 10:00 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, one more episode gone. Your guess is as good as mine.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391129
05/06/07 10:07 PM
05/06/07 10:07 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
I wasn't very impressed. It was the same sort of fight and outcome as when they went at it in season five. Even going as far as having J.T. dying just like the waiter.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391131
05/06/07 10:17 PM
05/06/07 10:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
What an excellent episode. Perhaps the best so far this season.

Gandolfini was outstanding in the scene with Melfi. He made you feel really sorry for him. For the moment he made you put aside the fact that he was a mobster and he made you relate to him and feel for him, especially if you are a parent. He even left Melfi speechless.

Imperioli also did an outstanding job in this episode. His acting was superb. At times you couldn't help but feel sorry for him either. But just as you begin to feel bad for him, he turns around and kills that poor guy for no reason except out of his own fustration for not being able to do anything to Paulie.

Paulie is out of control! It looks as though he's getting closer to getting himself whacked.

And A.J., is he now following in his father's footsteps in more ways than one? Therapy, feels like a failure, goes out partying, at the bing, goes on a run with the boys, etc.

Great how the writers made A.J. and Tony come home at the same time. As if they were showing us that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like father like son.

I couldn't tell though, if when Patsy's boy and his buddy were beating up the kid who owed them money, if A.J. was liking what he was seeing or not. (Have to watch that scene again). My initial reaction in that scene was that he took another step towards becoming like his father. Any thoughts on that scene?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: mr. soprano] #391132
05/06/07 10:18 PM
05/06/07 10:18 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I enjoyed the episode.

I'm at the point now where I can't/won't try to figure out what will happen anymore. I was surprised that TJ was hit (Chris' misdirected anger), and was waiting for AJ to kill himself. (I get the distinct impression that AJ "got off" on the torture of the kid who owed his friends money).

We're (obviously) being led to believe that Chris may turn rat and it'll be interesting to see if that pans out. IF he does will Tony be forced to put a hit on him??

What was up with Tony ratting out the Middle Eastern guys??

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391133
05/06/07 10:20 PM
05/06/07 10:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

I couldn't tell though, if when Patsy's boy and his buddy were beating up the kid who owed them money, if A.J. was liking what he was seeing or not. (Have to watch that scene again). My initial reaction in that scene was that he took another step towards becoming like his father. Any thoughts on that scene?

AJ admitted that he was wired (after he got home and was sitting at the table).... you can see his leg jumping... I think he really enjoyed what was done to the kid who owed money.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391134
05/06/07 10:23 PM
05/06/07 10:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: SC
I enjoyed the episode.

I'm at the point now where I can't/won't try to figure out what will happen anymore. I was surprised that TJ was hit (Chris' misdirected anger), and was waiting for AJ to kill himself. (I get the distinct impression that AJ "got off" on the torture of the kid who owed his friends money).

We're (obviously) being led to believe that Chris may turn rat and it'll be interesting to see if that pans out. IF he does will Tony be forced to put a hit on him??

What was up with Tony ratting out the Middle Eastern guys??

Looks as though you and I had the same reaction to those scenes.

The middle eastern thing. Insurance. Money in the bank for Tony. Gives them this little bit of info and if it leads to something, then it goes on Tony's record and if he's ever arrested and convicted for a crime, the judge will take what he gave the feds about those Arabs into consideration at sentencing.

Was chase trying to show us that Tony was contemplating cooperating with the feds? Was he hinting at something of that nature?

Very interesting episode. A whole lot of insight into several key characters.

Coming attractions : Looks like Carmela is on the phone, holding her head breaking up!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391135
05/06/07 10:25 PM
05/06/07 10:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

AJ admitted that he was wired (after he got home and was sitting at the table).... you can see his leg jumping... I think he really enjoyed what was done to the kid who owed money.

Yes, that's what I thought. He got into it big time. Taking the path of his father. Because he's miserable and angry, he enjoyed seeing someone else being miserable, misdirected self fustration, enjoying seeing someone else hurt. Sounds like Tony to me!

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391137
05/06/07 10:28 PM
05/06/07 10:28 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I gotta say, Paulie is getting to be a big pain. Christopher is no Saint by any means, but the way Paulie gets him riled. And Paulie is so hot headed too, destroying Christopher's lawn.

I didn't expect Christopher to shoot the movie producer. Is it because his last words were, "you're in the mafia?" Or perhaps Christopher realized he was saying too much. I thought he was really gonna spill his guts.

And as far as AJ goes, he seems to be showing a touch of his father, as far as violence goes with the young college boy. \:o That was so mean.

One thing, I missed the very beginning due to a phone call, when the Feds were asking Tony about the Mid-Eastern guys. I just missed the reason the Feds gave Tony, as to why they were looking for them. If this doesn't play out in some way in the next four episodes, I'll be surprised. It's been hinted a few times. I don't know that it'll turn out to be a huge thing, but perhaps the fact that Tony gave them their names and cell number (notice the one Fed said, "that's big", when he gave the phone number), will result in the law going just a little easy on Tony in the end?????

I can see the meaning of the title,"Walk Like A Man." Paulie and Christopher making an attempt in the end to apologize; AJ in his own way attempting to snap out of his depression; and, I didn't realize that Christopher actually seems to love his wife and is enjoying fatherhood.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391138
05/06/07 10:30 PM
05/06/07 10:30 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Yes, that's what I thought. He got into it big time. Taking the path of his father.

Tony's little speech to AJ about the songs that were written on breaking up (he mentioned "Tears on My Pillow") was where this week's title came from ("Walk Like a Man", a Four Seasons song) got AJ on that path. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if AJ DID get involved in the Mob (against Tony's wishes) because of that?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391139
05/06/07 10:38 PM
05/06/07 10:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Great pickup SC! I didn't realize that about the relation of the songs being the Four Seasons! I think that AJ is going to get mixed up. But don't know if Tony will really object, at least at first. Tony seemed pretty depressed when Patsy was bragging about his own son. Tony ducked out because he couldn't tell him anything about AJ that would make him proud. Perhaps Tony will initially accept AJ joining in on the business, but something may happen where Tony realizes that this is no good, but it will be too late!

TIS - See my post above about the middle easterners and the feds situation. Giving them that information is somewhat of an insurance policy for Tony.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391141
05/06/07 10:56 PM
05/06/07 10:56 PM
California

California
Hi DC,

Yea I did read your post. I had spent about ten minutes typing mine and when I finally submitted it, I saw yours and SC's. Looks like we got some of the same impressions. You know what they say about great minds? ;\)

Good point SC about Tony/AJ getting home at the same time.

All I know is, The Sopranos is still a good show, and I will surely miss it when it ends. \:\( I'll miss these discussions and speculations (that are always wrong). After all, we don't discuss any other show on the BB as much as we do this one.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #391142
05/06/07 10:58 PM
05/06/07 10:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Great how the writers made A.J. and Tony come home at the same time. As if they were showing us that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like father like son.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

\:o

;\)

I said the same exact thing to my wife about how I'm really going to miss this show when it finally ends. \:\(

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391145
05/06/07 11:09 PM
05/06/07 11:09 PM
California

California
[quote=Don Cardi]Great how the writers made A.J. and Tony come home at the same time. As if they were showing us that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like father like son.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Don't cry DC!!! Walk Like A Man. \:D
Oops!! Sorry! Here, have a blue drink on me. ;\)

TIS

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #391151
05/06/07 11:46 PM
05/06/07 11:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
They dragged that guy off and assaulted him. It was pretty public. I wonder if that will come back on AJ. Also, Chris shooting that guy? The cops find out about things sometimes in mysterious ways. Could that have repurcussions.

And what about a Tony suicide?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #391152
05/06/07 11:49 PM
05/06/07 11:49 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Tony and Tony Jr. (the former A.J.) walked in the house together.

Instead of A.J.'s previous slumped-over, slouching, shuffling walk, he walked in confidently, with head held high, just like Dad.

My wild guess is that Tony Jr. finally takes out Corrado next week (without Dad's knowledge and against his wishes). Then, there will be only one Junior Soprano.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 05/06/07 11:49 PM.

"You did good."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: EnzoBaker] #391166
05/07/07 01:20 AM
05/07/07 01:20 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Funniest scene of the episode: Tony giving AJ a pep-talk and telling him to go out and get a blowjob. AJ answers back loudly that he doesn't want a bj and Tony scolds him to keep his voice down. AJ suspects (correctly) that someone is listening and Carmella comes walking in.

There are times that Tony and Carm are clueless.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391210
05/07/07 07:42 AM
05/07/07 07:42 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Paulie was out of control. I was surprised that Tony did nothing after the wisecrack about Christopher's daughter was mentioned. Christopher shoots the movie producer was like when he shot the kid in season 1 for not bringing him his pastries. Looks like A.J is going to follow in his father's footsteps after all IMHO. Did you see the look in his eyes when they were beating that guy up.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Paul Pisano] #391218
05/07/07 08:39 AM
05/07/07 08:39 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Christopher was very violent in this episode! He beat the shit out of Little Paulie and when he threw out of that window... :o...Benny's face said it all. Then while he's drunk he murders JT Daly, probably because he realized he said too much. Patsy and Carlo have very nice boys... pouring acid on that kids' foot...holy shit!. Paulie driving all over Chris's lawn was great, he's really pushing people's buttons now and might take might go too far. Very good episode, nice rebound after the mundane "Chasing It". I give this one a B+!

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391229
05/07/07 09:21 AM
05/07/07 09:21 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'd definitely say Paulie is on borrowed time after last night's episode. Between annoying the crap out of Tony 2 weeks ago, and the stunts he pulled last night, I don't see him surviving this season. Tony Sirico is awesome.

A great episode, I thought. Seeing the downward spiral of both of Tony's sons (Chris has always been like a son to Tony) was pretty tough. Chris getting drunk and nearly spilling his guts to JT was shocking. Once he realized all the things he had just said, he had no choice but to kill JT. It was either JT or himself.

Tony talking with the feds didn't shock me much. I've seen it coming for a while now...and though it was nothing incriminating against HIS business, talking to the feds AT ALL is still a dangerous game to be playing. Could this be a precursor of things to come?

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: XDCX] #391254
05/07/07 10:38 AM
05/07/07 10:38 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, unless there is one heck of a surprise coming, it seems obvious that Chris' dissafection with the mob and Tony is coming to a climax. His referring to Ade again was scary.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: XDCX] #391256
05/07/07 10:41 AM
05/07/07 10:41 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Could be a possible "way out" if Phil goes whack happy on his family and Tony needs protection for him, Carm, Meadow, and AJ. He has to keep all options open in case something bad happens. I see Paulie going within the next couple episodes.

Anyone notice the look Chris gave Bobby at the Bing? Tony and Bobby have been real close lately and I doubt Chris is all to happy about this.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: XDCX] #391260
05/07/07 10:56 AM
05/07/07 10:56 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Very good episode, maybe the best of the year.

There are so many places the show could go, but with only 4 episodes to go, it looks like there will be LOTS of loose ends. That's good though, it leaves something to the imagination.

For the first time in the history of the series I felt a little bad for Christopher, till he killed JT of course. I guess it can be said that the mob and 12 step programs are not conducive to one another. Chris can never truly be sober if he remains in the environment, yet when he slips off the wagon, he's always one step closer towards self destruction. A real catch 22. Let's face it, junkies are always prime candidates to become rats. It makes me think of Henry Hill. In one of the first episodes of the series, at a barbecue at Tony's house, Tony berated Christopher for his screenwriting aspirations and said something to the effect of "You thinking of going Henry Hill on me ?" Well, so far he has become a screenwriter.
He really resents Tony not being more sympathetic of the Adriana thing, maybe moreso than her death itself. I think he could become a rat, but I think in all likelyhood, he'll end up getting himself killed first.

I think AJ got off a bit on watching his buddies beat on that kid, much like he did when he promoted that party a few years ago and someone got beat up for not paying for his beer. Maybe he will bounce back from getting his heart broken, kid's are awfully resilient. I think we'll know more next week.

Paulie is just a miserable, out for himself scumbag. Too bad Little Paulie had to pay the price for it. I mean, it's the guy's father in law for God's sake. That should have counted enough for Paulie to lay off a little bit. Now I really hope he gets whacked. It says alot about the show that it could make a viewer want to see a character get killed. I can't wait till next week.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391262
05/07/07 11:02 AM
05/07/07 11:02 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
I think Christopher knows better than to hit Paulie, he had to send a message and to do that he had to beat up...Little Paulie.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391292
05/07/07 12:16 PM
05/07/07 12:16 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Very good episode, maybe the best of the year.

For the first time in the history of the series I felt a little bad for Christopher, till he killed JT of course.

I think AJ got off a bit on watching his buddies beat on that kid,

Paulie is just a miserable, out for himself scumbag.

What an excellent episode. Perhaps the best so far this season.

Imperioli also did an outstanding job in this episode. At times you couldn't help but feel sorry for him either. But just as you begin to feel bad for him, he turns around and kills that poor guy for no reason except out of his own fustration for not being able to do anything to Paulie.

Paulie is out of control! It looks as though he's getting closer to getting himself whacked.

....when Patsy's boy and his buddy were beating up the kid who owed them money...My initial reaction in that scene was that AJ took another step towards becoming like his father.

I'm starting to wonder if Pizzaboy and Don Cardi are really the same person posting under two different names on this board!

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391303
05/07/07 12:33 PM
05/07/07 12:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Jesus, I didn't even see your post, DC!!

That's scary. If great minds think alike, I guess simple ones do, too.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391383
05/07/07 03:45 PM
05/07/07 03:45 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline OP
Capo
Capo
The BING
Poor JT, he finally gets a break, writing for Law & Order, just tryin to make a deadline, wanting to go to sleep, and Chris comes in, all drunk and bitchy, he tries to help, Chris yells at him, and finally shoots him in the head....

I think the Aide situation is seen from 2 totally different perspectives by Tony and Christopher. Chris, on one hand, thinks that he had a choice in siding with Aide (witness protection) or Tony (as he did). By siding with Tony, he feels Tony "owes" him something in return. Tony, conversely, feels that, in this life, there WAS NO choice. Chris had to let Aide be killed. So, according to Tony, if Chris was just doing his job, why should he owe him something?

I bet Meadow's mystery date is Dick Barone, Jr. I saw a look in season 6, part 1...

Tony cooperating with the Feds, as was previously posted, was insurance. He did not say anything about his life and crew, so to Tony, it was ok by Mob code.

Great, great episode.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391391
05/07/07 04:13 PM
05/07/07 04:13 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Watching Michael Imperioli in the episode last night, I was struck several times with the thought that he COULD, indeed, play Michael Corleone if any more "Godfather" films are ever made.

"You did good."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: EnzoBaker] #391405
05/07/07 04:35 PM
05/07/07 04:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Ok, ya'll know that I still think Ade is coming back. But that aside, I think that Chris believes not only that he had a choice as posted above, but his faux relationship with Kelli is an attempt to fullfill what he could have had with Ade -something outside of the Mafia.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391423
05/07/07 07:50 PM
05/07/07 07:50 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
When the series ends and Ade hasn't risen from the grave then what will your belief be?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391429
05/07/07 08:28 PM
05/07/07 08:28 PM
The Corleone Compound
The Don of Bball Offline
Wiseguy
The Don of Bball  Offline
Wiseguy
The Corleone Compound
 Originally Posted By: BDuff
When the series ends and Ade hasn't risen from the grave then what will your belief be?

That there will be a movie.

Every man has but one destiny.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Don of Bball] #391434
05/07/07 09:15 PM
05/07/07 09:15 PM
birmingham, uk
GottiMafia Offline
Button
GottiMafia  Offline
Button
birmingham, uk
man i just watched the episode and i liked it a lot, i think the Arab thing is nothing more than tony trying to save his own skin, aj is finally enjoying being a mob prince, and chrissy [my fav] is all messed up i just hope he don't snitch!

lots more good parts that you all have mentioned, good signs for future episodes

5-10 years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

laugh now, cry later
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: GottiMafia] #391437
05/07/07 09:31 PM
05/07/07 09:31 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline OP
Capo
Capo
The BING
Does anyone else remember JT Dolan having a wife and kid, like in previous visits from Chris and at the Cleaver premiere?? If so, where were they when he got shot? As a side note, Chris kept the gun he used, so if the cops picked him up, he's toast.

Danny de Vito would have been perfect for the role of Al!!

Last edited by Sopranorleone; 05/07/07 09:32 PM.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391444
05/07/07 10:06 PM
05/07/07 10:06 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Does anyone else remember JT Dolan having a wife and kid, like in previous visits from Chris and at the Cleaver premiere?? If so, where were they when he got shot?

He had a girlfriend and mentioned she was out (so that he could work on the script).

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391471
05/08/07 12:10 AM
05/08/07 12:10 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Only we believers are privy to that.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391534
05/08/07 10:04 AM
05/08/07 10:04 AM
England
Raymondo Corleone Offline
Capo
Raymondo Corleone  Offline
Capo
England
Hehe as if Ade is still alive! Very good episode though, almost makes up for the awfulness of the last one. I'm a bit worried about the future of Chris/Paulie and AJ though \:\/

"Just When I Thought I Was Out - They Pulled Me Back In....."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Raymondo Corleone] #391537
05/08/07 10:13 AM
05/08/07 10:13 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Why do I have this gut feeling that the season finale is NOT going to give us any closure? Something tells me that some shit will go down but we'll be left with a cliffhanger without any real finality.

Did anyone say 2 hour movie down the road?

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391540
05/08/07 10:20 AM
05/08/07 10:20 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Why do I have this gut feeling that the season finale is NOT going to give us any closure? Something tells me that some shit will go down but we'll be left with a cliffhanger without any real finality.

I hope not DC. If there are loose ends, and there will be, I'd rather they leave it to the imagination. "Reunion" movies always suck.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391543
05/08/07 10:28 AM
05/08/07 10:28 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
No Pizza, I don't see it as being a reunion movie, but more of a movie that will tie up any loose ends left by the series finale, and one that will bring closure. Let's face it, it they left us hanging with the series finale, and then next year came out with e two hour movie, we'd be running to see it looking for final answers, and Chase knows this.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391569
05/08/07 11:59 AM
05/08/07 11:59 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Oh, no doubt DC. I just think that Chase kind of likes the idea of not resolving every little thing. And sure, if it came out within a couple of years, I'd be the first on line to see it. Hell, we've waited that long for another season. I just meant that if it was done 5 or 10 years down the road, that type of "reunion" always sucks.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391574
05/08/07 12:18 PM
05/08/07 12:18 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Great episode, Chris and Paulie always have these fights and it always goes back to normal. I was thinking this time that it wouldn't.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391585
05/08/07 01:22 PM
05/08/07 01:22 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

I hope not DC. If there are loose ends, and there will be, I'd rather they leave it to the imagination. "Reunion" movies always suck.

Well, I posted a couple of weeks ago that I can see the final scene being Tony sitting in front of Satriale's smoking a cigar as the camera then pans around the neighborhood. It could be as anti-climactic as that. Tony survives; all others are vanquished either by him or by someone or something else.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391586
05/08/07 01:26 PM
05/08/07 01:26 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

The wick is burning down...will it be an explosion or a dud?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Longneck] #391605
05/08/07 02:45 PM
05/08/07 02:45 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
"Deadwood" blazed the trail last year: a "finale" that didn't resolve anything.

"You did good."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391611
05/08/07 03:22 PM
05/08/07 03:22 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline OP
Capo
Capo
The BING
Does anyone else remember JT Dolan having a wife and kid, like in previous visits from Chris and at the Cleaver premiere?? If so, where were they when he got shot?

He had a girlfriend and mentioned she was out (so that he could work on the script).

Thanks for clearing that up, SC. I just saw the rerun last night.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: EnzoBaker] #391810
05/09/07 11:01 AM
05/09/07 11:01 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
That's because there was suppose to be a fourth season of "Deadwood", but HBO cancelled it due to costs. The creator will make two 2 hour films as a finale for Deadwood.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391885
05/09/07 07:45 PM
05/09/07 07:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By the way, I saw a rerun where Uncle Jun tells Tony that he has stomach cancer. Whatever happened to the cancer? I don't remember it coming up again.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391888
05/09/07 08:10 PM
05/09/07 08:10 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Dr.Kennedy took care of it in season 3 or 4, that storyline is over with. Kinda like Adriana being alive! \:p

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391910
05/09/07 10:01 PM
05/09/07 10:01 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Dr.Kennedy took care of it in season 3 or 4, that storyline is over with. Kinda like Adriana being alive! \:p

Hey, I still have my Disco threads.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391977
05/10/07 09:41 AM
05/10/07 09:41 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: olivant
By the way, I saw a rerun where Uncle Jun tells Tony that he has stomach cancer. Whatever happened to the cancer? I don't remember it coming up again.

Don't you remember his toast at Jackie Junior's funeral ?

"I beat cancer, now I'm gonna beat the can."

Then he sang Core N'Grato.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391980
05/10/07 09:55 AM
05/10/07 09:55 AM
England
Raymondo Corleone Offline
Capo
Raymondo Corleone  Offline
Capo
England
I have a feeling we might see Chris get pinched for shooting his film producer pal and then potentially squeeling on Tony and his crew to save his skin - maybe that was his intention when he shot his pal?!

"Just When I Thought I Was Out - They Pulled Me Back In....."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Raymondo Corleone] #391981
05/10/07 09:58 AM
05/10/07 09:58 AM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY
Chrissy needed no arrest in order for him to spill his guts. The whole thing is, he had the chance to do it before - with Adrianna at his side. It would have been a sweet deal, and she wouldn't have had to die.

Now, its too complicated. Chrissy has a wife and a daughter. What, he's going to pick up stakes now with an innocent wife and infant child and go into hiding for the rest of their lives? Plus, I think Chris actually liked JT, and might feel great guilt over killing him.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Buttmunker] #391982
05/10/07 10:06 AM
05/10/07 10:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Buttmunker
Chrissy needed no arrest in order for him to spill his guts. The whole thing is, he had the chance to do it before - with Adrianna at his side. It would have been a sweet deal, and she wouldn't have had to die.

Now, its too complicated. Chrissy has a wife and a daughter. What, he's going to pick up stakes now with an innocent wife and infant child and go into hiding for the rest of their lives? Plus, I think Chris actually liked JT, and might feel great guilt over killing him.

I see your point Buttmunker but since when does having an innocent wife or child stop these scumbags from doing anything ?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Buttmunker] #391983
05/10/07 10:08 AM
05/10/07 10:08 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I re-watched it last night. Watching the BBQ scene at Christopher's house, it was almost as though we were getting a glimpse of what's in store for Christopher. We're all talking about him getting whacked or turning rat, BUT, in that scene it was like we were seeing the future boss.

Throughout this entire series, the parties and the BBQs have always been at Tony's house. Tony would be the host, the cook, etc. Seeing Christopher hosting this BBQ and standing at the grill cooking gave me this feeling that he may be next in line for the throne. Kelly playing miss hostess the way that Carm used to. Tony walking over breaking his balls telling him when to turn the steaks and the ribs, and Christopher gives him this look. Almost one that resonated "boss me around all you want right now, even about my BBQing, but someday......."

Just an observation on my part that could really turn out to be nothing.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391984
05/10/07 10:10 AM
05/10/07 10:10 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Could be DC. I'm thinking that one final heroin bender is gonna be his downfall.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391986
05/10/07 10:14 AM
05/10/07 10:14 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Could be DC. I'm thinking that one final heroin bender is gonna be his downfall.

And that's what we're all thinking. That's the direction that Chase is leading us in with Chris's character. But we all know how Chase will suddenly change direction and do the opposite if what we're expecting.

Too many similarities in this episode between Tony and Chris. Both having to deal with a disease. In the past Tony had tried staying away from his guys for a while when he was in therapy. Now Chris trying to do the same thing. Tony getting disgusted with his people at times, Chris getting disgusted now. Hosting the big BBQ bash. Think about it.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391987
05/10/07 10:20 AM
05/10/07 10:20 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Throughout this entire series, the parties and the BBQs have always been at Tony's house. Tony would be the host, the cook, etc. Seeing Christopher hosting this BBQ and standing at the grill cooking gave me this feeling that he may be next in line for the throne. Kelly playing miss hostess the way that Carm used to. Tony walking over breaking his balls telling him when to turn the steaks and the ribs, and Christopher gives him this look. Almost one that resonated "boss me around all you want right now, even about my BBQing, but someday......."

Hmm... I saw it differently. I took it as Bobby Bacala as becoming Tony's "choice" for replacement. The scene in which Tony, Silvio and Bobby are discussing some future income making scheme (MRI's?) and Chris storms in to complain about Paulie. Tony was upset over that intrusion AND it was Bobby Bacala who asked what the problem was.

In any event, I disagree with the above poster who said that Chris actually liked JT. Chris had no qualms about beating him upside the head (with the trophy) a few episodes back. I sure hope somebody doesn't like me that much.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391989
05/10/07 10:23 AM
05/10/07 10:23 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Hmm... I saw it differently. I took it as Bobby Bacala as becoming Tony's "choice" for replacement.

Oh, no question about that SC. Baccala clearly looks like Tony's choice.

But perhaps it will be Christopher NOT by Tony's choice, but by Christophers own doing. Christopher clearly picked up on the Tony / Baccala relationship in the bing and at the BBQ, just as we did.

If it's Chris, it will be by his own doing, and not by Tony's.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391991
05/10/07 10:25 AM
05/10/07 10:25 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think you both make valid points.

Chris gave Bobby a dirty look when he asked him what the problem was and the camera did zoom in on Bobby laughing at Paulie's jokes about Christopher's daughter, so there could be some resentment there.

There are only 4 episodes left. Chase is gonna leave alot of things unresolved. I think that's good though, it leaves things open to the imagination and a possible movie down the road.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391993
05/10/07 10:29 AM
05/10/07 10:29 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

If it's Chris, it will be by his own doing, and not by Tony's.

Well, if Tony was replaced as boss (natural or not) could we really expect Chris to get the backing of the New York families AND from Tony's crew ? It seems that over the years, if it wasn't for Tony, Chris would be long gone by one of their hands by now. I just can't see him garnering any support as a boss.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391995
05/10/07 10:36 AM
05/10/07 10:36 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'm beginning to believe that Chris is sorry he ever became "made". He KNEW he had to tell Tony about Adriana's experiences with the Feds but he seems to have forgotten that now (and now he's blaming Ade's death on Tony - conveniently forgetting that Ade would have taken him down as well). I have no sympathy for Chris - he made his bed, now he has to lay in it.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391996
05/10/07 10:38 AM
05/10/07 10:38 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
How about Chase leaving himself an out with AJ becoming involved with Jason Parisi and Jason Gervasi? I remember in season 5 when Carmela was having an affair with AJ's counsler she said AJ needed to go to college or he would quickly turn to the life of which his father has chosen. Well AJ dropped out of college and quit his job, the chips seem to be falling into place for AJ to follow in the footsteps of Tony. Though for whatever reason I don't see him surviving the series.

Any possibility that Chris could kill Bobby and have it blamed on New York? There seems to be tension between the two since Chris has had a semi falling out with Tony.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391998
05/10/07 10:45 AM
05/10/07 10:45 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Don't you remember his toast at Jackie Junior's funeral ?

"I beat cancer, now I'm gonna beat the can."

Then he sang Core N'Grato.

Yeah, I caught another rerun where he's being treated by Dr. Kennedy. So, I remember now. I wonder if that Dr. Kennedy could be the grandson of the Dr. Kennedy who treated Vito.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392018
05/10/07 12:08 PM
05/10/07 12:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

could we really expect Chris to get the backing of the New York families AND from Tony's crew ? It seems that over the years, if it wasn't for Tony, Chris would be long gone by one of their hands by now. I just can't see him garnering any support as a boss.

But New York / Phil Leotardo could see Christopher as Tony's achilles heal. You know how these people are. One day they want to kill you, and the next day, if it works for their selfish reasons, they'll get in bed with you. Remember that Phil blames Tony for his cousin killing Phil's brother. And Chris now blames Tony for Adriana. Misery loves company! ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #392022
05/10/07 12:18 PM
05/10/07 12:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I just can't see Chris being seriously considered by anyone except Tony as a successor. Phil might because he figures that he could dominate Chris. Chris just does not have the gravitas; he is not leadership material. Of course, as seveal have posted, Chris' committment to this life has significantly eroded since Ade's (near) death. He's in a relationship that only mimics what he had and intended to have with Ade. His Mafia way of life simply allows him to emote with near impunity. That's the appeal it holds for him, but that appeal is waning as he has matured.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #392028
05/10/07 12:35 PM
05/10/07 12:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
since Ade's (near) death.

You get points for tenacity (if for nothing else).

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #392064
05/10/07 02:32 PM
05/10/07 02:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Ancora.

I almost hope she did survive, just to placate Mr. Olivant.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392067
05/10/07 02:47 PM
05/10/07 02:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Although I may not be as strong an advocate as Olivant, I will admit that I've had my moments of doubt about her death. I think that Chase may have just left himself an open door. Whether he chooses to use it or not is another thing entirely.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392072
05/10/07 03:21 PM
05/10/07 03:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I think that Chase may have just left himself an open door. Whether he chooses to use it or not is another thing entirely.

That I agree with. She left the show to move on to JOEY, the FRIENDS spinoff. Being that it was no sure thing (it sucked), perhaps Chase wanted to leave the door open. However, in my opinion, the only way for this to happen would be for Silvio to be involved. There's no way that he could have botched the hit from that close.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392078
05/10/07 03:40 PM
05/10/07 03:40 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Not unless Sil did it on purpose. Perhaps he took pity on the young and pretty Ade.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392079
05/10/07 03:43 PM
05/10/07 03:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's what I meant, that Sil would have had to spare her.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392081
05/10/07 03:48 PM
05/10/07 03:48 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY
That's a load of dung. If Sil was going to spare her, he would have explained himself on the ride. Instead, he was quiet, ominous. He dragged her ass outta the car, aimed his pistol at her as she crawled desperately away.

Nope, doesn't look like he had any intentions of sparing her.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392094
05/10/07 04:33 PM
05/10/07 04:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Not unless Sil did it on purpose. Perhaps he took pity on the young and pretty Ade.

I'll tell ya, the reruns are up to season 3 on A&E. Just the other night Ralphie killed that stripper, but earlier in the episode Sil slapped the shit out of her over a lousy $3,000. Her being young and pretty had no effect on him in that case. I don't think he had any qualms about killing Ade.

Olivant and his frigging conspiracy theories. Just where in Texas do you live, the grassy knoll ?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392103
05/10/07 04:46 PM
05/10/07 04:46 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Oh, that poor girl. IMO, she suffered one of the most horrible deaths on The Sopranos, and there's been some serious competition for that honor!

But he KNEW Ade. She was "one of them". The stripper was just a piece of meat. I know that these guys don't have consciences, but isn't it possible that, as he saw her begging and crawling on the ground, he had second thoughts? I'm just saying, Possible?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392104
05/10/07 04:48 PM
05/10/07 04:48 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY

I'm just saying, Possible?

that's a pretty good Sil impression, there. ;\)

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392106
05/10/07 04:50 PM
05/10/07 04:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think it's possible, just not probable. However, as I stated earlier, if they were to bring her back, it's the only plausible way she could have survived. If they were to say that Sil left her for dead and some farmer found her and got her to a hosspital, etc... I'd have a very hard time with it.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392107
05/10/07 04:51 PM
05/10/07 04:51 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
UGH!! Me, too. That would just be going all Dallas on us.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392108
05/10/07 04:52 PM
05/10/07 04:52 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY
I'd just want the mad russian interior decorator to come out of the woodwork for the final episode. "Surprise!"

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #392132
05/10/07 05:44 PM
05/10/07 05:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Like I wrote in another post: I still have my disco outfits hanging neatly in the closet.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392169
05/10/07 07:14 PM
05/10/07 07:14 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

I'll tell ya, the reruns are up to season 3 on A&E. Just the other night Ralphie killed that stripper, but earlier in the episode Sil slapped the shit out of her over a lousy $3,000. Her being young and pretty had no effect on him in that case. I don't think he had any qualms about killing Ade.

Believe it or not, this is the ONE episode that I NEVER watched UNTIL the A&E series. And...this does disprove my "Sil's a rat who didn't kill Ade" theory b/c he would have never acted that way to Richie's stripper if he was in the program.

But.... me have 2 questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to answer.

1.) Ade is an Aprile. Richie Aprile gets on Chrissy for hitting his niece. So.... why is Jackie Jr. giving her "the stare" while he sits w/ Richie? This is incest, no? He is totally checking her out!

2.) I could be an idiot for this, but...Sil is somehow related to Ade, right? Not sure if it's the Aprile side or the other side but they are related. Am I right? So....Sil could possibly have mercy for his family and NOT kill Ade in Olivant's now infamous Ade-death scene.

I could be wrong about Sil's relation though. However, Ade IS related to Richie Aprile, so why the hell is Jackie Jr checking her out?(I know I've seen this discussed before)

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Ice] #392172
05/10/07 07:22 PM
05/10/07 07:22 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Sil is not related to Ade, Ice.

As far as Jackie Jr, he could be related to Uncle Jackie through the other side of the family and he and Ade didn't share any blood OR he's just a horndog.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392173
05/10/07 07:29 PM
05/10/07 07:29 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
I'll go with horndog, Jackie Jr. never struck me as a smart person.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #392176
05/10/07 07:37 PM
05/10/07 07:37 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Gotta agree with you there bduff. He was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Although, in this case, I can't be too quick to judge him. It was easy for me to never look at my girl cousins in that light because most of my girl cousins look like Ernest Borginine.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #392179
05/10/07 07:39 PM
05/10/07 07:39 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'm not a big fan of Wikipedia but their "Sopranos" section is fun and worth a look at. Here's a link to it (below):

WIKIPEDIA LIST OF "SOPRANO" CHARACTERS

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392180
05/10/07 07:41 PM
05/10/07 07:41 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
most of my girl cousins look like Ernest Borginine.

Whaddya want to do tonite, Marty?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #392183
05/10/07 07:48 PM
05/10/07 07:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
most of my girl cousins look like Ernest Borginine.

Whaddya want to do tonite, Marty?

Don't get me started on MARTY, SC. I adore that movie. Marty was a butcher at Vincent's Meat Market on Arthur Avenue, around the corner from where I grew up.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392191
05/10/07 08:04 PM
05/10/07 08:04 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I absolutely love "Marty"!!

You ever see "Love With the Proper Stranger"?? (with Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood).

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #392197
05/10/07 08:16 PM
05/10/07 08:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I absolutely love "Marty"!!

You ever see "Love With the Proper Stranger"?? (with Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood).

That was my mom's favorite movie!!

"We are in love."

"Yeah, you with yourself and me with myself."

The first great movie about Italian culture.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392200
05/10/07 08:22 PM
05/10/07 08:22 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Vincent's Meat Market? Where's Arthur Avenue?? Is there stuff good??

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392205
05/10/07 08:40 PM
05/10/07 08:40 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Vincent's Meat Market?

It sounds more like a name of a brothel.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392210
05/10/07 08:54 PM
05/10/07 08:54 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Stop it. Took pity on her? No way. Watch Sil in that scene very closely. He has a thirst for her blood when he is about to shoot her. And don't forget what he called her just before he pulled the trigger. There was no pity in those eyes or in that voice.

If it turns out that she is alive, then there is no way that Sil purposely let her live.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Beth E] #392212
05/10/07 08:57 PM
05/10/07 08:57 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
Vincent's Meat Market?

It sounds more like a name of a brothel.

Wasn't Mary Vincent's meat market?

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #392213
05/10/07 09:12 PM
05/10/07 09:12 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
More like Vincent's Gnocchi Luuurrrve Machine!!

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392228
05/10/07 10:32 PM
05/10/07 10:32 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Olivant and his frigging conspiracy theories. Just where in Texas do you live, the grassy knoll ?

Actually, I was just there about a month ago. There's no way that a second shooter could have concealed himself there.

BUTTTTTTTT, that has nothing to do with Ade. if she is alive. I hope Sil didn't shoot her in the rearend. She had one fantastic rearend and for that reason alone, Chase should resurrect her.

Also, hasn't she appeared in at least a couple of episodes since her "demise?"

Last edited by olivant; 05/10/07 10:35 PM.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392302
05/11/07 07:52 AM
05/11/07 07:52 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Vincent's Meat Market? Where's Arthur Avenue?? Is there stuff good??

It is in the Bronx.

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Paul Pisano] #392345
05/11/07 10:23 AM
05/11/07 10:23 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Paul, I was just teasing PB. I've been to Vincent's a number of times. PB and I are both from the Bronx, and often hijack threads waxing poetic on the various goods available on Arthur Avenue.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392347
05/11/07 10:29 AM
05/11/07 10:29 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
We didn't hijack anything this time. SC got me started on MARTY. But being that the thread is hijacked anyway...I was there about 2 weeks ago. I bought some of that nice lamb sausage with cheese and parsley, Cervelata Barese.

Very niiice (Borat).

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392349
05/11/07 10:32 AM
05/11/07 10:32 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
So, what do you think the plot will be for this week's episode? Do you think that things will come to a head between Paulie and Chris? Or Tony and Chris?? I think that Chris is headed down such a dangerous path (la, la, la, la, not hearing PB try to lead me down the hijacking path...)

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392350
05/11/07 10:33 AM
05/11/07 10:33 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm outta here.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #392351
05/11/07 10:35 AM
05/11/07 10:35 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I'm outta here.

You're as big a cry-baby as Tony was when he was crying to Melfi over how betrayed he felt by Christopher (responding AND staying on topic!).

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392355
05/11/07 10:41 AM
05/11/07 10:41 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
\:p \:p \:p \:p

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392365
05/11/07 11:03 AM
05/11/07 11:03 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I'm outta here.

You're as big a cry-baby as Tony was when he was crying to Melfi over how betrayed he felt by Christopher (responding AND staying on topic!).

Nah, he's more like Christopher when Paulie the crew were making fun of him in the last episode. "I'm outta here!."

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #392434
05/11/07 04:35 PM
05/11/07 04:35 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Paul, I was just teasing PB. I've been to Vincent's a number of times. PB and I are both from the Bronx, and often hijack threads waxing poetic on the various goods available on Arthur Avenue.

My Mom lived in the Bronx most of her life until she married my dad.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Paul Pisano] #392447
05/11/07 05:37 PM
05/11/07 05:37 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Anyone have the storyline yet on Sunday's episode?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #392449
05/11/07 05:48 PM
05/11/07 05:48 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Anyone have the storyline yet on Sunday's episode?

There's a thread opened for Episode 6 already.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull