GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS #390937
05/05/07 03:22 PM
05/05/07 03:22 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline OP
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline OP
Capo
The BING
Episode 82- "Walk Like A Man" ---I'm thinkin that's a GF reference to "You can act like a man!" to Johnny Fontaine. Kinda resembles AJ's depression maybe, a "I dont know what to do" situation.

This week, A.J. struggles with depression. Kelli's dad is the unwitting catalyst of a new feud between Christopher and Paulie.

The Pinebarren boys at it again!!! \:D

Last edited by SC; 05/05/07 03:35 PM. Reason: To add "spoiler warning"
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #390973
05/06/07 04:20 AM
05/06/07 04:20 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
Episode 82- "Walk Like A Man" ---I'm thinkin that's a GF reference to "You can act like a man!" to Johnny Fontaine. Kinda resembles AJ's depression maybe, a "I dont know what to do" situation.

This week, A.J. struggles with depression. Kelli's dad is the unwitting catalyst of a new feud between Christopher and Paulie.

Swell, another previously-unseen character comes completely out of nowhere.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391017
05/06/07 01:02 PM
05/06/07 01:02 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Should be good, Paulie vs Chris was always enjoyable and when they buried the hatchet in season 5 it took away from the show. Hopefully there's more mob related activities this week, and no more Hesh and Marie...what a lame episode.

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391076
05/06/07 07:33 PM
05/06/07 07:33 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Actually, I thought both Phil Leotardo's and Tony's sit-downs with Vito Jr. were reminiscent of Vito Corleone's "be a man" scene with Johnny Fontane. (Obviously Phil's more so.)

I've kept patience most of the year, but Chase has got to stop screwing around and start resolving some of the storylines.

Yeah yeah, I've read some people speculating that Chase plans to cross up everybody -- not resolve ANY of the story lines, just leave everything hanging -- and of course, he certainly COULD do that, but that is really gonna piss a lot of people off who have been watching the show for a long time.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 05/06/07 07:33 PM.

"You did good."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: EnzoBaker] #391109
05/06/07 08:26 PM
05/06/07 08:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
if Tony goes to jail, what is Carmela left with? In the last episode, didn't he reassure her that she would be taken care of? I don't buy it. If Johnny Sack couldn't make provisions for his wife, how can Tony?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391128
05/06/07 10:00 PM
05/06/07 10:00 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, one more episode gone. Your guess is as good as mine.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391129
05/06/07 10:07 PM
05/06/07 10:07 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
I wasn't very impressed. It was the same sort of fight and outcome as when they went at it in season five. Even going as far as having J.T. dying just like the waiter.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: olivant] #391131
05/06/07 10:17 PM
05/06/07 10:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
What an excellent episode. Perhaps the best so far this season.

Gandolfini was outstanding in the scene with Melfi. He made you feel really sorry for him. For the moment he made you put aside the fact that he was a mobster and he made you relate to him and feel for him, especially if you are a parent. He even left Melfi speechless.

Imperioli also did an outstanding job in this episode. His acting was superb. At times you couldn't help but feel sorry for him either. But just as you begin to feel bad for him, he turns around and kills that poor guy for no reason except out of his own fustration for not being able to do anything to Paulie.

Paulie is out of control! It looks as though he's getting closer to getting himself whacked.

And A.J., is he now following in his father's footsteps in more ways than one? Therapy, feels like a failure, goes out partying, at the bing, goes on a run with the boys, etc.

Great how the writers made A.J. and Tony come home at the same time. As if they were showing us that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like father like son.

I couldn't tell though, if when Patsy's boy and his buddy were beating up the kid who owed them money, if A.J. was liking what he was seeing or not. (Have to watch that scene again). My initial reaction in that scene was that he took another step towards becoming like his father. Any thoughts on that scene?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: mr. soprano] #391132
05/06/07 10:18 PM
05/06/07 10:18 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I enjoyed the episode.

I'm at the point now where I can't/won't try to figure out what will happen anymore. I was surprised that TJ was hit (Chris' misdirected anger), and was waiting for AJ to kill himself. (I get the distinct impression that AJ "got off" on the torture of the kid who owed his friends money).

We're (obviously) being led to believe that Chris may turn rat and it'll be interesting to see if that pans out. IF he does will Tony be forced to put a hit on him??

What was up with Tony ratting out the Middle Eastern guys??

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391133
05/06/07 10:20 PM
05/06/07 10:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

I couldn't tell though, if when Patsy's boy and his buddy were beating up the kid who owed them money, if A.J. was liking what he was seeing or not. (Have to watch that scene again). My initial reaction in that scene was that he took another step towards becoming like his father. Any thoughts on that scene?

AJ admitted that he was wired (after he got home and was sitting at the table).... you can see his leg jumping... I think he really enjoyed what was done to the kid who owed money.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391134
05/06/07 10:23 PM
05/06/07 10:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: SC
I enjoyed the episode.

I'm at the point now where I can't/won't try to figure out what will happen anymore. I was surprised that TJ was hit (Chris' misdirected anger), and was waiting for AJ to kill himself. (I get the distinct impression that AJ "got off" on the torture of the kid who owed his friends money).

We're (obviously) being led to believe that Chris may turn rat and it'll be interesting to see if that pans out. IF he does will Tony be forced to put a hit on him??

What was up with Tony ratting out the Middle Eastern guys??

Looks as though you and I had the same reaction to those scenes.

The middle eastern thing. Insurance. Money in the bank for Tony. Gives them this little bit of info and if it leads to something, then it goes on Tony's record and if he's ever arrested and convicted for a crime, the judge will take what he gave the feds about those Arabs into consideration at sentencing.

Was chase trying to show us that Tony was contemplating cooperating with the feds? Was he hinting at something of that nature?

Very interesting episode. A whole lot of insight into several key characters.

Coming attractions : Looks like Carmela is on the phone, holding her head breaking up!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391135
05/06/07 10:25 PM
05/06/07 10:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: SC

AJ admitted that he was wired (after he got home and was sitting at the table).... you can see his leg jumping... I think he really enjoyed what was done to the kid who owed money.

Yes, that's what I thought. He got into it big time. Taking the path of his father. Because he's miserable and angry, he enjoyed seeing someone else being miserable, misdirected self fustration, enjoying seeing someone else hurt. Sounds like Tony to me!

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391137
05/06/07 10:28 PM
05/06/07 10:28 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I gotta say, Paulie is getting to be a big pain. Christopher is no Saint by any means, but the way Paulie gets him riled. And Paulie is so hot headed too, destroying Christopher's lawn.

I didn't expect Christopher to shoot the movie producer. Is it because his last words were, "you're in the mafia?" Or perhaps Christopher realized he was saying too much. I thought he was really gonna spill his guts.

And as far as AJ goes, he seems to be showing a touch of his father, as far as violence goes with the young college boy. \:o That was so mean.

One thing, I missed the very beginning due to a phone call, when the Feds were asking Tony about the Mid-Eastern guys. I just missed the reason the Feds gave Tony, as to why they were looking for them. If this doesn't play out in some way in the next four episodes, I'll be surprised. It's been hinted a few times. I don't know that it'll turn out to be a huge thing, but perhaps the fact that Tony gave them their names and cell number (notice the one Fed said, "that's big", when he gave the phone number), will result in the law going just a little easy on Tony in the end?????

I can see the meaning of the title,"Walk Like A Man." Paulie and Christopher making an attempt in the end to apologize; AJ in his own way attempting to snap out of his depression; and, I didn't realize that Christopher actually seems to love his wife and is enjoying fatherhood.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391138
05/06/07 10:30 PM
05/06/07 10:30 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Yes, that's what I thought. He got into it big time. Taking the path of his father.

Tony's little speech to AJ about the songs that were written on breaking up (he mentioned "Tears on My Pillow") was where this week's title came from ("Walk Like a Man", a Four Seasons song) got AJ on that path. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if AJ DID get involved in the Mob (against Tony's wishes) because of that?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: SC] #391139
05/06/07 10:38 PM
05/06/07 10:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Great pickup SC! I didn't realize that about the relation of the songs being the Four Seasons! I think that AJ is going to get mixed up. But don't know if Tony will really object, at least at first. Tony seemed pretty depressed when Patsy was bragging about his own son. Tony ducked out because he couldn't tell him anything about AJ that would make him proud. Perhaps Tony will initially accept AJ joining in on the business, but something may happen where Tony realizes that this is no good, but it will be too late!

TIS - See my post above about the middle easterners and the feds situation. Giving them that information is somewhat of an insurance policy for Tony.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391141
05/06/07 10:56 PM
05/06/07 10:56 PM
California

California
Hi DC,

Yea I did read your post. I had spent about ten minutes typing mine and when I finally submitted it, I saw yours and SC's. Looks like we got some of the same impressions. You know what they say about great minds? ;\)

Good point SC about Tony/AJ getting home at the same time.

All I know is, The Sopranos is still a good show, and I will surely miss it when it ends. \:\( I'll miss these discussions and speculations (that are always wrong). After all, we don't discuss any other show on the BB as much as we do this one.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #391142
05/06/07 10:58 PM
05/06/07 10:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Great how the writers made A.J. and Tony come home at the same time. As if they were showing us that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like father like son.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

\:o

;\)

I said the same exact thing to my wife about how I'm really going to miss this show when it finally ends. \:\(

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391145
05/06/07 11:09 PM
05/06/07 11:09 PM
California

California
[quote=Don Cardi]Great how the writers made A.J. and Tony come home at the same time. As if they were showing us that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like father like son.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Don't cry DC!!! Walk Like A Man. \:D
Oops!! Sorry! Here, have a blue drink on me. ;\)

TIS

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #391151
05/06/07 11:46 PM
05/06/07 11:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
They dragged that guy off and assaulted him. It was pretty public. I wonder if that will come back on AJ. Also, Chris shooting that guy? The cops find out about things sometimes in mysterious ways. Could that have repurcussions.

And what about a Tony suicide?

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #391152
05/06/07 11:49 PM
05/06/07 11:49 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Tony and Tony Jr. (the former A.J.) walked in the house together.

Instead of A.J.'s previous slumped-over, slouching, shuffling walk, he walked in confidently, with head held high, just like Dad.

My wild guess is that Tony Jr. finally takes out Corrado next week (without Dad's knowledge and against his wishes). Then, there will be only one Junior Soprano.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 05/06/07 11:49 PM.

"You did good."
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: EnzoBaker] #391166
05/07/07 01:20 AM
05/07/07 01:20 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Funniest scene of the episode: Tony giving AJ a pep-talk and telling him to go out and get a blowjob. AJ answers back loudly that he doesn't want a bj and Tony scolds him to keep his voice down. AJ suspects (correctly) that someone is listening and Carmella comes walking in.

There are times that Tony and Carm are clueless.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Sopranorleone] #391210
05/07/07 07:42 AM
05/07/07 07:42 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Paulie was out of control. I was surprised that Tony did nothing after the wisecrack about Christopher's daughter was mentioned. Christopher shoots the movie producer was like when he shot the kid in season 1 for not bringing him his pastries. Looks like A.J is going to follow in his father's footsteps after all IMHO. Did you see the look in his eyes when they were beating that guy up.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Paul Pisano] #391218
05/07/07 08:39 AM
05/07/07 08:39 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Christopher was very violent in this episode! He beat the shit out of Little Paulie and when he threw out of that window... :o...Benny's face said it all. Then while he's drunk he murders JT Daly, probably because he realized he said too much. Patsy and Carlo have very nice boys... pouring acid on that kids' foot...holy shit!. Paulie driving all over Chris's lawn was great, he's really pushing people's buttons now and might take might go too far. Very good episode, nice rebound after the mundane "Chasing It". I give this one a B+!

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: BDuff] #391229
05/07/07 09:21 AM
05/07/07 09:21 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'd definitely say Paulie is on borrowed time after last night's episode. Between annoying the crap out of Tony 2 weeks ago, and the stunts he pulled last night, I don't see him surviving this season. Tony Sirico is awesome.

A great episode, I thought. Seeing the downward spiral of both of Tony's sons (Chris has always been like a son to Tony) was pretty tough. Chris getting drunk and nearly spilling his guts to JT was shocking. Once he realized all the things he had just said, he had no choice but to kill JT. It was either JT or himself.

Tony talking with the feds didn't shock me much. I've seen it coming for a while now...and though it was nothing incriminating against HIS business, talking to the feds AT ALL is still a dangerous game to be playing. Could this be a precursor of things to come?

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: XDCX] #391254
05/07/07 10:38 AM
05/07/07 10:38 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, unless there is one heck of a surprise coming, it seems obvious that Chris' dissafection with the mob and Tony is coming to a climax. His referring to Ade again was scary.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: XDCX] #391256
05/07/07 10:41 AM
05/07/07 10:41 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
Could be a possible "way out" if Phil goes whack happy on his family and Tony needs protection for him, Carm, Meadow, and AJ. He has to keep all options open in case something bad happens. I see Paulie going within the next couple episodes.

Anyone notice the look Chris gave Bobby at the Bing? Tony and Bobby have been real close lately and I doubt Chris is all to happy about this.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: XDCX] #391260
05/07/07 10:56 AM
05/07/07 10:56 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Very good episode, maybe the best of the year.

There are so many places the show could go, but with only 4 episodes to go, it looks like there will be LOTS of loose ends. That's good though, it leaves something to the imagination.

For the first time in the history of the series I felt a little bad for Christopher, till he killed JT of course. I guess it can be said that the mob and 12 step programs are not conducive to one another. Chris can never truly be sober if he remains in the environment, yet when he slips off the wagon, he's always one step closer towards self destruction. A real catch 22. Let's face it, junkies are always prime candidates to become rats. It makes me think of Henry Hill. In one of the first episodes of the series, at a barbecue at Tony's house, Tony berated Christopher for his screenwriting aspirations and said something to the effect of "You thinking of going Henry Hill on me ?" Well, so far he has become a screenwriter.
He really resents Tony not being more sympathetic of the Adriana thing, maybe moreso than her death itself. I think he could become a rat, but I think in all likelyhood, he'll end up getting himself killed first.

I think AJ got off a bit on watching his buddies beat on that kid, much like he did when he promoted that party a few years ago and someone got beat up for not paying for his beer. Maybe he will bounce back from getting his heart broken, kid's are awfully resilient. I think we'll know more next week.

Paulie is just a miserable, out for himself scumbag. Too bad Little Paulie had to pay the price for it. I mean, it's the guy's father in law for God's sake. That should have counted enough for Paulie to lay off a little bit. Now I really hope he gets whacked. It says alot about the show that it could make a viewer want to see a character get killed. I can't wait till next week.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391262
05/07/07 11:02 AM
05/07/07 11:02 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
BDuff  Offline
Underboss
Philadelphia
I think Christopher knows better than to hit Paulie, he had to send a message and to do that he had to beat up...Little Paulie.

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #391292
05/07/07 12:16 PM
05/07/07 12:16 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Very good episode, maybe the best of the year.

For the first time in the history of the series I felt a little bad for Christopher, till he killed JT of course.

I think AJ got off a bit on watching his buddies beat on that kid,

Paulie is just a miserable, out for himself scumbag.

What an excellent episode. Perhaps the best so far this season.

Imperioli also did an outstanding job in this episode. At times you couldn't help but feel sorry for him either. But just as you begin to feel bad for him, he turns around and kills that poor guy for no reason except out of his own fustration for not being able to do anything to Paulie.

Paulie is out of control! It looks as though he's getting closer to getting himself whacked.

....when Patsy's boy and his buddy were beating up the kid who owed them money...My initial reaction in that scene was that AJ took another step towards becoming like his father.

I'm starting to wonder if Pizzaboy and Don Cardi are really the same person posting under two different names on this board!

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6B, Episode 5 CONTAINS SPOILERS [Re: Don Cardi] #391303
05/07/07 12:33 PM
05/07/07 12:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Jesus, I didn't even see your post, DC!!

That's scary. If great minds think alike, I guess simple ones do, too.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull