GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Liggio, Irishman12, Signor Vitelli, mr_white), 356 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,687
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,225
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,391
Posts1,060,047
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Double-J] #384736
04/13/07 06:47 PM
04/13/07 06:47 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
Where is Patrick? Isn't he our resident Tupac philosopher?

I was wondering the same thing the other day.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: SC] #384737
04/13/07 06:48 PM
04/13/07 06:48 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: SC
Where is Patrick? Isn't he our resident Tupac philosopher?

You mean six-pack philosopher. \:p

Is that like Harry Pothead and the Philosopher's Stoned?

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: pizzaboy] #384743
04/13/07 07:06 PM
04/13/07 07:06 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I recall a few years back when some city councilman/alderman somewhere used the term "n.iggardly" when warning about how freely the city spent money. Guess what? He had to apologize to the black community (not sure, but he may have even ended up resigning). I thought it was getting pretty ridiculous then. But now, insanity has reached new heights...or, should I say, lower depths??

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #384745
04/13/07 07:15 PM
04/13/07 07:15 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The latest fallout: the Governor of NJ was in a severe car accident on his way to a meeting with Imus and the Rutgers team. He was very badly injured, with numerous broken bones, and his broken leg required surgery (and will require two more over the next few days). He's also on a breathing tube until he can breathe on his own.

I saw that before in my afternoon newspaper! Incredible. They say that he cannot even talk and can only communicate a yes or a no. They've also reported that he was not wearing his seatbelt.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #384749
04/13/07 07:57 PM
04/13/07 07:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Online content
olivant  Online Content
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Snake
I recall a few years back when some city councilman/alderman somewhere used the term "n.iggardly" when warning about how freely the city spent money. Guess what? He had to apologize to the black community (not sure, but he may have even ended up resigning). I thought it was getting pretty ridiculous then. But now, insanity has reached new heights...or, should I say, lower depths??

Correct Snake. I can't believe that there are people in America that were so damn stupid that they didn't know the meaning of that word which, basically, means stingy.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Double-J] #384782
04/13/07 08:47 PM
04/13/07 08:47 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou

So then let's call a spade a spade. If I use the word n.igger, its because that person IS a n.igger, whether they be black or white or somewhere in between.

Ok, say that to someone specific (no broad group or generalizations now) that you think is one -- right into his/her face and then report back to us! Deal? \:p

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #384784
04/13/07 08:49 PM
04/13/07 08:49 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou

The couldn't look it up in the dictionary and see that is what he meant?

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #384785
04/13/07 08:51 PM
04/13/07 08:51 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL

Ridiculous how...because he had to apologize for using an obviously racist term? Spending money "niggardly" reeks of ole Bob Ewell from To Kill A Mockingbird if you get what I mean.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Andrew] #384792
04/13/07 09:05 PM
04/13/07 09:05 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Dave Chappelle's THE NIGGARS.

"My my, our son sure has those Niggar lips!"

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Andrew] #384799
04/13/07 09:16 PM
04/13/07 09:16 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: Don Andrew

Ridiculous how...because he had to apologize for using an obviously racist term? Spending money "niggardly" reeks of ole Bob Ewell from To Kill A Mockingbird if you get what I mean.

The word "niggardly" is a legitimate word. Its roots and meaning are completely separate from the racial slur that sounds like it.

It has fallen into disuse most likely because of the similarity to the slur, but it is a legitimate adjective meaning miserly.

Snake, your story reminded me of a hotly contested local election many years ago that I've heard about. The contest was up for grabs until one candidate said openly of his opponent, "he metriculated at the State College, and he masticates three times a day."

The electorate in their ignorancevoted for the misleading candidate overwhelmingly as they didn't want to elect a sick pervert who went to college and has three meals a day.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #384800
04/13/07 09:17 PM
04/13/07 09:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Online content
olivant  Online Content
O

Texas
I just heard Dick Gregory on the Joe Scarborough Show say that Imus might have said it in order to break his contract so that he could go to another outlet.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: klydon1] #384802
04/13/07 09:19 PM
04/13/07 09:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Online content
olivant  Online Content
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: klydon1

The word "niggardly" is a legitimate word. Its roots and meaning are completely separate from the racial slur that sounds like it.

It has fallen into disuse most likely because of the similarity to the slur, but it is a legitimate adjective meaning miserly.

Snake, your story reminded me of a hotly contested local election many years ago that I've heard about. The contest was up for grabs until one candidate said openly of his opponent, "he metriculated at the State College, and he masticates three times a day."

The electorate in their ignorancevoted for the misleading candidate overwhelmingly as they didn't want to elect a sick pervert who went to college and has three meals a day.

Way to go Klydon.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #384803
04/13/07 09:21 PM
04/13/07 09:21 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: olivant
I just heard Dick Gregory on the Joe Scarborough Show say that Imus might have said it in order to break his contract so that he could go to another outlet.

Couldn't Imus just call his bosses at MSNC or CBS assholes?

That would get him cut, and without the publich thrashing.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Saladbar] #384818
04/13/07 10:07 PM
04/13/07 10:07 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Saladbar

So then let's call a spade a spade. If I use the word n.igger, its because that person IS a n.igger, whether they be black or white or somewhere in between.

Ok, say that to someone specific (no broad group or generalizations now) that you think is one -- right into his/her face and then report back to us! Deal? \:p

Al Sharpton would be fine. Then Ted Kennedy. The list goes on and on.

After all, our culture has been desensitized to these words, unless of course it is a white person saying them.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #384821
04/13/07 10:17 PM
04/13/07 10:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: olivant

I said this from day 1.

Originally Posted By: Posted April 08, 2007 11:41 AM Don Cardi

Maybe he's looking to be fired so that he can sign a big money contract and land a gig on Satellite Radio!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Cardi] #384828
04/13/07 10:59 PM
04/13/07 10:59 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Explain to me though why Imus would care to go sign a big money contract...isn't he already a multi-millionaire? He's nearly 70...at this point, I don't think his show is necessarily about the money.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #384829
04/13/07 11:03 PM
04/13/07 11:03 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
As the dust is settling in the aftermath of the firing, I think Imus may come out of this better than ever. First, Americans are pretty forgiving, and in time the public will realize that his firing - even though there was no place for his comments - was an extreme punishment. He can allow himself to be portrayed as a Christ figure, sacrificing his livelihood for our sins, phobias, discomforts about race, etc. He'll probably have a half dozen offers before he can sit his wrinkled butt down on his ranch.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: klydon1] #384832
04/13/07 11:26 PM
04/13/07 11:26 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
 Originally Posted By: klydon1

Yeah, but the councilman should've known better. You just can't use ni**er nowadays. It absolutely is a double standard, but still, he should've known he would catch shit from people.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: pizzaboy] #384933
04/14/07 04:16 PM
04/14/07 04:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You know something DC ? Maybe you're half joking, but radio contracts are veeeery difficult to break, even for the I-Man.
It's possible.

See DC. I agreed with you then and I believe those reports may just have some merit now.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull