GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 66 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,826
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: They are going to hell. #3513
11/01/04 08:24 AM
11/01/04 08:24 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I don't know I'm not God. Judge not, that ye be not judged.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: They are going to hell. #3514
11/01/04 10:03 AM
11/01/04 10:03 AM
Los Angeles
Sophia Offline
Made Member
Sophia  Offline
Made Member
Los Angeles
I think Michael was in hell, on earth, still alive...that must be the worst kind of hell? He was visited daily by demonic dreams of the horrors he had done to his family...killings of people, killing his father's son...He was being punished with sickness. He lived a long life and at his death he did not suffer, he just died. Nurses say when you are a bad person in life, you have a long hard death...but Michael just died sitting in his chair, being lonely and living with the horrible memories of his life.
As for Kay,she had an abortion and for that she goes to hell...she had no soul or taste in clothes.

Re: They are going to hell. #3515
11/01/04 12:09 PM
11/01/04 12:09 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
vito: hell
mike:hell
sonny:hell
kay:havane
fredo:hell
nerl:hell
luca:hell

Re: They are going to hell. #3516
11/01/04 02:42 PM
11/01/04 02:42 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Kay will go to hell!
She is the most ugly charakter in the film!
She killed the unborn child who had never done any harm to anyone! And it was her own child! Michael, whom she accused of cruelty and murders, wold never think of such a thing! So she is the worst murderer of them all, most cruel and unpardonable! Hateful lousy brute. I regret he didn't kill her.

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: They are going to hell. #3517
11/01/04 02:53 PM
11/01/04 02:53 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by JustMe:
Kay will go to hell!
She killed the unborn child who had never done any harm to anyone! And it was her own child! Michael, whom she accused of cruelty and murders, wold never think of such a thing! So she is the worst murderer of them all, most cruel and unpardonable! Hateful lousy brute. I regret he didn't kill her.
rolleyes

Amazing how, with all the coldblooded murderers throughout the entire trilogy, including Al Neri (who murdered a police officer to get to Barzini and a callgirl to set up Sen. Geary) and Luca Brasi (who threw a newborn into a furnace [novel] and was prepared to blow out the brains of a bandleader over a contract)...there are several who take on the ridiculous view of JustMe. That Kay is the worst of them all simply because of her abortion.

She did what she felt she had to do. It was a regretable decision...but it freed her from the virtual prison of being a Corleone wife.

And I think it was a damn good bit of drama.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: They are going to hell. #3518
11/01/04 03:06 PM
11/01/04 03:06 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Mike's life was hell, he repented his sins, his brother's death, the sins he did, everything. Michael would see heaven.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: They are going to hell. #3519
11/02/04 03:41 PM
11/02/04 03:41 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Amazing how, with all the coldblooded murderers throughout the entire trilogy, including Al Neri (who murdered a police officer to get to Barzini and a callgirl to set up Sen. Geary) and Luca Brasi (who threw a newborn into a furnace [novel] and was prepared to blow out the brains of a bandleader over a contract)...there are several who take on the ridiculous view of JustMe. That Kay is the worst of them all simply because of her abortion.

She did what she felt she had to do. It was a regretable decision...but it freed her from the virtual prison of being a Corleone wife.

And I think it was a damn good bit of drama.
Well, if that is an excuse for murder - they all did what they felt they had to do smile . Al felt he had to kill Barsini's bodyguards (I'm not sure there was a policeman among them) because it freed him from their presence and enabled him to kill Barsini. He had to kill the girl to set up geary. Vito was ready to blow out the brains of a bandleader, because it freed his godson from contract. And murdered Fanucci because it freed him from paying money.
But none of them killed their own children only because they were obliged to sit several months at home for their own safety, or just got sick of their married life with the person they chose with their eyes open.
As to Brasi - here i must agree with you, he did the same. He killed his child because of the hatred he felt to it's mother. I didn't think about him because i thought about movie. Yes, their deeds are equally monstrous, and they will go to hell together.
I wonder, what right might she have to preach morals to Mike after what she did? And she could have no reason to accuse him of Mary's death, it was obviously an accident, but even if he would cut Mary's throat deliberately, she couldn't complaint, they would only be "quits" - as Vito used to say... rolleyes

Re: They are going to hell. #3520
11/02/04 03:59 PM
11/02/04 03:59 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]... none of them killed their own children only because they were obliged to sit several months at home for their own safety, or just got sick of their married life with the person they chose with their eyes open....I wonder, what right might she have to preach morals to Mike after what she did? And she could have no reason to accuse him of Mary's death, ...
Get off your high-horse, JustMe...I'm just tired of this mantra about Kay. It's lame; always has been long before you came along to the Boards.

And she most certainly DID have reason to blame him for Mary's death. She may have blamed herself as well, for ever having brought children into that kind of world.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: They are going to hell. #3521
11/02/04 04:21 PM
11/02/04 04:21 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
well first let me say how disgusted i am with some of you women going on about how kay is going to hell for abortion. i wonder if it's because of your religious beliefs, or your personal beliefs? i am catholic and i do believe that it is a woman's choice whether or not she wants to have a baby. i don't exactly agree with a married woman having an abortion, but nonetheless it was her choice. don't get me wrong, she's a bitch for doing it. but it's her body. let's take aways some of your rights to vote and see if you like that. take away your rights to wear any type of clothing you want and see how you fee. kay won't go to hell, she'll go to heaven along with mike. they both realise they made mistakes. and for true catholics who know that, it's never too late. mike could have been truly sorry the last second he was alive and it was enough for him to be forgiven. after all is that not why jesus came to earth? forgiveness of our sins, no matter how terrible. i dont' mean to preach or anything. and vito? well he did not believe hew as doing something wrong, if anything purgatory. he was truly protecting his family, and those around him. fredo was to innocent of a soul, he did bad things, but only because he was stupid. god does not punish stupid people. sonny is going to hell, because he truly did not care about anyone's life, other then those around him. and don't confuse that with what i said about the don...vito would protect anyone who came to him, unlike sonny. mama was a good wife and therefore is rewarded in the afterlife. the same with appolonia, and kartoum. but hyman roth is going to hell, so is don ciccio, and frankie(suicide is a big no no to god, lol, cause you can't repent). and i think im done with my preaching. now let's all kneele and say the lords prayer. lol

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: They are going to hell. #3522
11/02/04 07:21 PM
11/02/04 07:21 PM
National City, CA
Caporegime Offline
Capo
Caporegime  Offline
Capo
National City, CA
Aren't we forgetting Clemenza in this topic? I really liked his character in the films, but that guy is without a doubt going to hell. He may have been a loyal friend to Vito and the Corleones, but he's one of those guys (like Solozzo) who defines the term "Gangster". Clemenza, like Luca Brasi and Al Neri, could kill anyone in cold blood without thinking twice about it.

This topic is a really good one. I have often contemplated the thought of where these characters would be after they die, but I never actually got around to posting about it.

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"
Re: They are going to hell. #3523
11/02/04 08:34 PM
11/02/04 08:34 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
well first let me say how disgusted i am with some of you women going on about how kay is going to hell for abortion. i wonder if it's because of your religious beliefs, or your personal beliefs? i am catholic and i do believe that it is a woman's choice whether or not she wants to have a baby. i don't exactly agree with a married woman having an abortion, but nonetheless it was her choice. don't get me wrong, she's a bitch for doing it. but it's her body.
You're comment makes no sense. We are discussing Heaven and Hell which are religious beliefs and then you question why people think it is wrong as a religious or personal belief. Kay was a Christian in the movie (converted to Catholicism in the book) and therefore according to her religious beliefs unless she asks for forgiveness she will be going to hell. Just like some fo the guys. What makes you so disgusted about everyone elses opinions? The questions you pointed out are mute b/c they don't validate her situation just as Michaels tough life doesn't validate him killing his brother.

Re: They are going to hell. #3524
11/02/04 10:11 PM
11/02/04 10:11 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
well if you ask a catholic female if she thinks a woman who has an abortion is going to hell and she'll say no. im just shocked that some of the girls in here would condemn her to hell.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: They are going to hell. #3525
11/03/04 03:03 PM
11/03/04 03:03 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Apple! I don't see any horse here, high or low, except the poor Khartoom. smile
If someone had said that she is a - well - what she really is smile before my coming to the boards, i'm glad. I wouldn't come if i wasn't sure there are many clever and interesting people here. smile And i can't find why are you getting mad. After all, there was nothing personal! (C)
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
well first let me say how disgusted i am with some of you women going on about how kay is going to hell for abortion. i wonder if it's because of your religious beliefs, or your personal beliefs? i am catholic and i do believe that it is a woman's choice whether or not she wants to have a baby. i don't exactly agree with a married woman having an abortion, but nonetheless it was her choice. don't get me wrong, she's a bitch for doing it. but it's her body. let's take aways some of your rights to vote and see if you like that. take away your rights to wear any type of clothing you want and see how you fee.
That's a very fine reasoning - to compare the life of a human being with a cloth we wear! I only hope (for your soul smile )that you don't really mean that. It's not just her body or right to vote, if so - then we can chose not to have anybody alive, if we just - "don't want". Mike didn'd want to have a brother like Fredo - why don't you say then that he had a right to kill his brother, it was his choice, his vote?
And don't be disgusted so much - it's too strong an emotion for internet lol Take care of your health. I'm pleased, in my turn, with your having so wery independent opinions, different from mine - and that of church... smile

Re: They are going to hell. #3526
11/03/04 03:25 PM
11/03/04 03:25 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JustMe:
[QB] ...i can't find why are you getting mad. After all, there was nothing personal! (C)
[QUOTE]

Actually JustMe...from your initial rant about Kay it was YOU who appeared to be pretty mad at a fictional character from a movie adapted from a work of fiction:

Kay will go to hell!

Not too difficult to determine which of us is more [Linked Image] !!

Best,
AppleOnYa

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: They are going to hell. #3527
11/03/04 06:09 PM
11/03/04 06:09 PM
The Corleone Offline
Wiseguy
The Corleone  Offline
Wiseguy
Why don't you ever think about Tom Hagen ? Is he going to Hell ?

Re: They are going to hell. #3528
11/03/04 06:12 PM
11/03/04 06:12 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
No, Tom can never go to hell...his son is a priest.

If he was already dead and in hell prior to his son being ordained, then that was his ticket out.

wink

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: They are going to hell. #3529
11/03/04 07:00 PM
11/03/04 07:00 PM
The Corleone Offline
Wiseguy
The Corleone  Offline
Wiseguy
You mean if my son is a priest, I am going to heaven too ? What about grandson ? wink

Re: They are going to hell. #3530
11/04/04 09:46 AM
11/04/04 09:46 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Sure...if you are a character in a work of fiction, you are played to near perfection by one R. Duvall, whose contribution is severly understimated, then written off for dead in second sequel in which your absense is perpetually lamented even 10 years layer...and your offspring happens to have chosen to do the Lord's work...then by GOD, you're going to HEAVEN!!

If you're just a regular guy who asks whacky questions on a Gangster BB Board while leading a life of crime...then I don't think relatives in the priesthood would be of much help.

But hey, I could be wrong...let us know when you get to the other side.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: They are going to hell. #3531
11/04/04 03:10 PM
11/04/04 03:10 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JustMe:
[QB] ...i can't find why are you getting mad. After all, there was nothing personal! (C)
[QUOTE]

Actually JustMe...from your initial rant about Kay it was YOU who appeared to be pretty mad at a fictional character from a movie adapted from a work of fiction
I meant that there was nothing personal against your praise of this character in my post. Against yourself. As for her - i really hate - not the fictional character only, but that arrogant fashion to think herself a judge,to decide
whether her son will live or she will kill him, just because of her convinience. That is not a fictional problem. But i am not in the smallest degree "disgusted" wink about your different opinion. I almost envy you: her presence on the screen does not spoil content you feel wiewing our favorite movie! smile

Re: They are going to hell. #3532
11/05/04 08:25 AM
11/05/04 08:25 AM
The Corleone Offline
Wiseguy
The Corleone  Offline
Wiseguy

If you're just a regular guy who asks whacky questions on a Gangster BB Board while leading a life of crime...then I don't think relatives in the priesthood would be of much help.

But hey, I could be wrong...let us know when you get to the other side.

Apple
You said something extraordinarily lol

Re: They are going to hell. #3533
12/08/04 08:16 AM
12/08/04 08:16 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Brasi is defintley going to hell has he killed the horse in GF1

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: They are going to hell. #3534
12/08/04 08:51 AM
12/08/04 08:51 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Guys, after what Apple wrote I thought it over, and I think that all members of the family will go to heaven. Andrew Hagen will pray for them all his life - so it's inevitable. smile

Re: They are going to hell. #3535
12/08/04 08:56 AM
12/08/04 08:56 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Guys, after what Apple wrote I thought it over, and I think that all members of the family will go to heaven. Andrew Hagen will pray for them all his life - so it's inevitable. smile
Yeah we all hope so smile

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: They are going to hell. #3536
12/08/04 05:48 PM
12/08/04 05:48 PM
Tennessee
marlon Offline
Made Member
marlon  Offline
Made Member
Tennessee
I think Mary would be first in line for hell because of unforgivably bad acting.

Re: They are going to hell. #3537
12/09/04 04:17 AM
12/09/04 04:17 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by marlon:
I think Mary would be first in line for hell because of unforgivably bad acting.
She'll have to compete with Tony... rolleyes

Re: They are going to hell. #3538
12/17/04 03:05 PM
12/17/04 03:05 PM
Maryland
Uncle Ken Offline
Button
Uncle Ken  Offline
Button
Maryland
ALL the characters, from what we are told, ARE GOING TO HELL, except for the baby that Kay aborted (murdered). NO ONE claimed Christ as their savior.

John 3:3 In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Napalm, boy -- nothing else in the world smells like that -- I love the smell of napalm in the morning -- it smells like ... victory... (Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore, 9th Air Cavalry / 1st Cavalry Div - Sept 1969, North Vietnamese Village on Nung River)
Re: They are going to hell. #3539
12/18/04 04:13 PM
12/18/04 04:13 PM
NJ transplant in Wisconsin
Johnny Stiltz Offline
Made Member
Johnny Stiltz  Offline
Made Member
NJ transplant in Wisconsin
All of the Corleones will be in heaven cause GOD is the ULTIMATE GODFATHER and HE will understand the situation
cool
the horse and those who did not show friendship to the "family" will all be in hell lol

Johnny Stiltz
"Take the gun leave the canolis with me "
Re: They are going to hell. #3540
12/22/04 09:24 AM
12/22/04 09:24 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally posted by Johnny Stiltz:
All of the Corleones will be in heaven cause GOD is the ULTIMATE GODFATHER and HE will understand the situation
cool
Im ganna sleep alot better now smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull