GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 40 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,682
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U.K Race Riot - Should They? #335463
10/22/06 05:17 PM
10/22/06 05:17 PM
UK
DE NIRO'S SISTER Offline OP
Underboss
DE NIRO'S SISTER  Offline OP
Underboss
UK

Is this wrong? ^^^

Should they be allowed to come to England and then wear there full veils like this? ^^^

Many people have debated over whether they should be allowed or not. It has gotton so bad, here in the u.k - veils forcefully being pulled off of muslim women and the muslim individuals badly beaten up by thugs.

Please post your thoughts on this topic and what you think. But please don't post anything that is offensive. Thanks

Read the whole story here >>>>>> The Debate...

Should they be allowed to wear there full veils?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/22/06 05:17 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by DE NIRO'S SISTER; 10/22/06 05:24 PM.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335466
10/22/06 05:23 PM
10/22/06 05:23 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

What are your views De Niro's Sister?

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335468
10/22/06 05:29 PM
10/22/06 05:29 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
hmmm... well.

As it says in the story on the link. It talks about the teacher that works at a school with her veil on. I don't think that i'd be too jolly about having a teacher like this, however if she maybe took the veil off i'd be much happier. I think that it's there religion and there life, so therefore they can wear it. But there should be some rules, as to where they should wear it for e.g. Not in schools, maybe even public - buses etc. But they should be allowed to wear it at some places as they need to respect there own religion. How about you?

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335469
10/22/06 05:31 PM
10/22/06 05:31 PM

So if I follow you correctly you think they shouldn't wear the veil in public?

Their religion states they need to wear it at all times though, so for the UK to respect other religions they should allow them to wear it no matter what, whether its school, work, buses etc.. those are my views.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335470
10/22/06 05:36 PM
10/22/06 05:36 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Your very correct. They should wear it all the time, but wouldn't being in their own country be a little more right and easier. I respect there rights, all the way but with people beating them up, and politics involving the whole of the U.K, wouldn't it be better to just have some rules OR be in the comfort of their own country?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335471
10/22/06 05:40 PM
10/22/06 05:40 PM

I don't see how what country they are in should have to do with it. I think your country respects the rights of Jewish People, Christians etc.. so they should be no different.

But they aren't breaking any laws by wearing what they want in public, its the people beating them up who are breaking the law and should be sent to jail.

Obviously with everything that is going on in the world involving the Muslim Religion I don't think what a person wears really involves the UK government, especially restricting a person's religion. If anything they should be protecting the rights of their Muslim citizens and sending the people who break the law by assaulting them to jail.

Also, do you think by discriminating against these citizens who have done nothing wrong, MIGHT cause them to turn to terroristic actions or maybe join militant groups against the UK government?

Last edited by DonMichaelCorleone; 10/22/06 05:43 PM.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335472
10/22/06 05:44 PM
10/22/06 05:44 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Wow.

You are correct people, however especially the british, are going to think different. There will be lot's of people like you wanting to speak out to the nation about there argument. I'm half and half, i respect them though.

EDIT - Well, it's not really muslims that do this, well maybe it is. But is the one individual that desides to terrorise not all MUSLIMS. Do you get what i mean? They are all individuals and they all think differently and take different actions just like any other person in this world.

Last edited by DE NIRO'S SISTER; 10/22/06 05:47 PM.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335473
10/22/06 05:49 PM
10/22/06 05:49 PM

So in other words what you are trying to say is that I wouldn't really understand how the British are going to think because I don't live in the UK and these things aren't going on around me or happening to people I know?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335474
10/22/06 05:50 PM
10/22/06 05:50 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
No i don't mean that lol! I mean that people have different views. I totally don't really care what there views are as everyone's going to say something maybe unexpected, expected too.

Last edited by DE NIRO'S SISTER; 10/22/06 05:51 PM.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335476
10/22/06 05:54 PM
10/22/06 05:54 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
This makes me realize another point.

DMC is rightwing. In my country, and it can be generalized to the whole of Europe, most rightwing people are against religious symbols. No, that's not totally true, they are especially against women wearing muslim symbols.
In Belgium there were cases of fired teachers and expelled students because they wore a shawl around their head (religious Musliml symbol). And there were law prepositions, asking for an entire 'no' to those kind of religious symbols.

But DMC, a rightwing American is not against them. This is a fine example of how culture and country matter for your political views, IMO.

Last edited by Enzo Scifo; 10/22/06 05:55 PM.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335477
10/22/06 05:57 PM
10/22/06 05:57 PM

Ok, but you are saying even though they haven't done anything wrong that the government should step in and tell them they have to disrespect themselves and their religion.

So does that mean that you want your government to step in for the protection of everyone? Do you think these women who refuse to not take off their veils should be deported back to their country of origin?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335480
10/22/06 06:02 PM
10/22/06 06:02 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
This is really hard to decide on. What would you say to that question Enzo?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335482
10/22/06 06:06 PM
10/22/06 06:06 PM

It seems to me that under basically any other circumstances you would want everyone to live their life as they choose. So what you are saying now is that your country is going through an event that has never happened before and you want them to step in and act in a way that is more beneficial for the established citizens more so than these "foreigners" who are coming in, who you yourself said would be better going back to their own country right?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335485
10/22/06 06:11 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
Ok, but you are saying even though they haven't done anything wrong that the government should step in and tell them they have to disrespect themselves and their religion.

So does that mean that you want your government to step in for the protection of everyone? Do you think these women who refuse to not take off their veils should be deported back to their country of origin?

Is this to me?

All I was saying that the things I mentioned, are, in fact, happening, and that a considerable amount of people, and political partys want to forbid religious symbols at work or in school.
I myself am against forbidding that, but it happening, and maybe legal in the (near) future.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335486
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO'S SISTER
I think that it's there religion and there life, so therefore they can wear it. But there should be some rules, as to where they should wear it for e.g. Not in schools, maybe even public - buses etc.

Oh, ok. I think that it would also be cool if they could only wear them in their houses, during the half-time of Monday Night Football. Good, that's one religion down and surpressed. Next week, we'll find ways to get the Jews out of Yankee Stadium.

Now onto our next order of business, ladies and gentlemen; How do we kill Superman?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Enzo Scifo] #335487
10/22/06 06:12 PM
10/22/06 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Enzo Scifo
Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Is this to me?

All I was saying that the things I mentioned, are, in fact, happening, and that a considerable amount of people, and political partys want to forbid religious symbols at work or in school.
I myself am against forbidding that, but it happening, and maybe legal in the (near) future.

No that wasn't intended for you, it was for De Niro's Sister lol

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #335488
10/22/06 06:13 PM
10/22/06 06:13 PM

I know these polls are private but I would be curious if the person who voted for them not to wear their veils would kindly explain why?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335493
10/22/06 06:31 PM
10/22/06 06:31 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Maybe the UK has a totally different take on this than the U.S. I don't know. I don't see where there should be a problem. I'll admit to not knowing much at all about this religion, but I can respect it like any other legitimate religion.

We have students at my school who are/were celebrating "Ramadan"(I think that's the holiday) (sp) The girls have had their veils (most have not the full veils however, but their heads are covered) and nobody questions it; All these students, both male/female are fasting and excused from PE (physical exercise and lack of nourishment = health concerns)and become teacher assistants, work in the computer lab or other things designated by the admnistration, for this period.

I'm surprised that there are actually riots over this issue.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/22/06 06:33 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO'S SISTER] #335495
10/22/06 06:46 PM
10/22/06 06:46 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO'S SISTER
hmmm... well.

I don't think that i'd be too jolly about having a teacher like this, however if she maybe took the veil off i'd be much happier. I think that it's there religion and there life, so therefore they can wear it. But there should be some rules, as to where they should wear it for e.g. Not in schools, maybe even public - buses etc.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to wear it in public, in schools or even buses?

If the government of ANY nation were allowed to make rules on these religious matters, they would be one step away from Nazism.

If their religious beliefs require them to wear a berka, then that religious belief should not affect their getting a job as a teacher. That's discrimination as far as I'm concerned.

Just imagine if a government was allowed to tell a Muslim that they are not allowed to wear a berka ( I think I'm saying it correctly) in public. The next thing would be that they would forbid hasidic Jews from walking around in public, and before you know it they'd be telling Christian people that they are not allowed to wear a cross around their neck when in public!

So in my opinion when it comes to religious beliefs and what a religion requires a follower to wear, there is NO difference if your a Hasidic Jew, a Christian or a Muslim.

To quote our late friend Plawrence, allowing the government to intercede and make rules about religion is like taking a walk on "The Slippery Slope."

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Don Cardi] #335517
10/22/06 07:54 PM
10/22/06 07:54 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
What are the reasons for them not to? Like, what argument is the Government using? I've been living in a hole of ignorance for a month now; I know nothing of the "news" in general.

Please, convince me (anybody), without referring to Terrorism, why not allowing these Muslim women to wear veils is a good idea.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #335518
10/22/06 07:58 PM
10/22/06 07:58 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Umm, yes.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #335602
10/23/06 07:18 AM
10/23/06 07:18 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Please, convince me (anybody), without referring to Terrorism, why not allowing these Muslim women to wear veils is a good idea.

Lipstick sales for Muslim women will drop to depression-era levels if they are allowed to wear their face garb.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #335609
10/23/06 08:27 AM
10/23/06 08:27 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
What are the reasons for them not to? Like, what argument is the Government using? I've been living in a hole of ignorance for a month now; I know nothing of the "news" in general.

The idea is that a lot of European countries want a very strict separation between Church and State, religion in private and in public/work.
In short: no religious symbols at work/school.
In reality: Muslims women can't wear their Burka's. Reason: a lot of anti immigrant (and especially Muslim) feelings.

And most companies, entreprises want to maintain neutral at all time. They think that if there are Muslim employees wearing a burka, that members of other religions will be offended or whatsoever.

Another argument of those in favour of forbidding, is that these burka women don't even want to wear them; that their husbands oblige them to; and that by forbidding burka's/head shawls, they are helping Muslim women.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Don Cardi] #335610
10/23/06 08:33 AM
10/23/06 08:33 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
To quote our late friend Plawrence, allowing the government to intercede and make rules about religion is like taking a walk on "The Slippery Slope."

I thought Plaw was against public religion, against Bush's talk about God, against the obliged 'flag greet' (sorry, don't know the exact name) containing the word God?

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Enzo Scifo] #335612
10/23/06 08:45 AM
10/23/06 08:45 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Enzo Scifo

They think that if there are Muslim employees wearing a burka, that members of other religions will be offended or whatsoever.

Weak arguement, very weak arguement. Just because someone may be offended by the wearing of something that symbolizes anopther person's religious beliefs. or the wearing of something that is required to be worn by that religion, does not make that a valid reason for banning the wearing of a religious symbol or clothing.

That person is not forcing someone else to wear their religion's symbol or required garb. They are wearing it on themselves, which to me, does not impose on or offend someone else.

And as far as the woman not wanting to wear the burka (thank you for the correct spelling btw), that may be true on some cases, but it is not neccesarily true in All cases.

Seperation of church and state does not mean that a person should not be allowed to wear something that is required by their religion. It was meant to cease the federal government from making decisions and laws that dictate religious practices and establishments, to prohibit the government from forcing the people to practice and believe in a specific religion of the government's choosing. It was meant to provide the right to people to practice and believe in any religion that they desire.

If you feel this way about banning the wearing of a Burka in public, then should they also ban the wearing of a Yarmukah or star of David by a Jew, a cross or a charm of a saint by a Christian?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Don Cardi] #335613
10/23/06 08:54 AM
10/23/06 08:54 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
And as far as the woman not wanting to wear the burka (thank you for the correct spelling btw), that may be true on some cases, but it is not neccesarily true in All cases.

You're welcome about the spelling.
I have to say it regularly just is true in Europe that immigrant Muslim women are forced into wearing clothing they don't want. But of course not in all cases, like you say.

If you feel this way about banning the wearing of a Burka in public, then should they also ban the wearing of a Yarmukah or star of David by a Jew, a cross or a charm of a saint by a Christian?

Yep, that's what a considerable part of Belgian (European) right wing people and parties want, prohibiting the wearing of religious symbols in public.

Again, to leave out all misunderstandings, these are not my views, I was just giving the arguments of those people.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Enzo Scifo] #335614
10/23/06 08:56 AM
10/23/06 08:56 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I rather not get into how and when Plaw applied his beliefs because it is not my place to do such a thing. I was only attempting to use the phrase itself, a phrase to me that was symbolic of Plaw's opinions when it came to these kinds of debates. I was not trying to inject what Plaw would have felt about this issue itself. I was only trying to borrow the term "Slippery Slope" because whenever I hear it or read it, I always think of Plaw. And in this instance that phrase popped right into my head. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted WHY I quoted the phrase which was so commonly used by Plaw.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Don Cardi] #335617
10/23/06 09:17 AM
10/23/06 09:17 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I see.

Yeah, I didn't interprete it that way, but now I understand.
And you're right about the phrase itself, this is indeed a situation that will go down the Slippery Slope.

Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: Enzo Scifo] #335630
10/23/06 10:27 AM
10/23/06 10:27 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

There was a muslim teacher teaching at a childrens school and she refused to take her veil off,i think she is saying should the children be able to see there faces etc,

I think yes they should be able to see the teachers face it must be quite scarey for a child to see your teacher like that...But who cares what i think

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: U.K Race Riot - Should They? [Re: DE NIRO] #335698
10/23/06 01:22 PM
10/23/06 01:22 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
That was what i was getting at. It would be a little scary, but only really when your younger, as children can be so vulnerable to things like that.

Last edited by DE NIRO'S SISTER; 10/23/06 01:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull