GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ciment, 1 invisible), 321 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,672
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
*SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279160
04/11/05 03:41 AM
04/11/05 03:41 AM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Was it a complete train wreck? No, it actually started to get better in parts (PARTICULARLY WHEN THE AUTHOR REMEMBERED THAT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE CORLEONES !!!!!)

The idea of Tom whacking somebody is just ridiculous; it was bad enough that his whole raison d'etre was tossed out of the window when Mike let him back in the circle, so to speak (y'know, the alienation was for both his and Mike sake; that whole thing about needing someone to completely trust?).

The Geraci/Soprano thing: I was starting to wonder about you folks because I couldn't quite catch the connection (they both went to college??? Tony dropped out, this guy got a law degree). And I'm noticing that I'm getting closer to the end thinking "those gangsterbb guys are crazy!" And then the part about the shakes, OHHHH THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT, riiiight.
C'mon, the whole shrink referral, that really seemed like an anachronism for the mid-50s.

The Pig Roast: "Hey, and next year, we'll make s'mores and sing folk songs!!! Golly we wiseguys are a fun bunch!!!!"

INSURANCE: Francesca mowing down Bee-boy was classic, I'll give 'em that.

Dese guys...: I have to wonder if maybe this book would've been better as an e-book with easy reference links. Because, between Shea, Ping Pong, Laughing Sal, Huggy Muggy, Toby Wong/Toby Chong, Charlie Chan, I found myself just flipping to the next page because I don't know this person nor do I care.

The Fredo Whack: This shift kinda came out of nowhere because it's like the author suddenly started having doubts about his M.O. and said, "uhhhh... I'd better go to the movie now." It really throws off what is already thrown off as it is.

The Rodent Association: JJ Baker, Jr??? 'Nuff said.

The Fredo Corleone Show: I was laughing through this because I kept thinking back to "The King of Comedy" where Pupkin, in his mom's basement, plays make-believe chat host with cutouts of Liza Minnelli and Jerry Lewis. If you read that section and imagine pin-drop silence from the audience, it's hilarious.

Montauk

We might be able to tape the gun behind it.
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279161
04/11/05 06:47 AM
04/11/05 06:47 AM
TheSicilian123 Offline
Underboss
TheSicilian123  Offline
Underboss
Yes, it was pritty bad wasn't it?

M.T.K

If you had any fucking heart at all you'd be out stealin'! Joe Pecsi
Turn that thing off! You should be out stealing! Lefty
You put up and shut up, you hear nothing you say nothing! Just like you did for Bugsy! -Noodles
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279162
04/11/05 10:27 AM
04/11/05 10:27 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
IT was beyond bad. Perhaps we should start a thread which lists the good parts of the book...then again I would imagine that thread would not have a lot of posts

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279163
04/11/05 10:37 AM
04/11/05 10:37 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
I read one chapter and felt quite fed up.
But since I grew curious and want to ask you guys, what's the famous "wood" thing everyone refers to, something with Kay?

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279164
04/11/05 12:25 PM
04/11/05 12:25 PM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
I read one chapter and felt quite fed up.
But since I grew curious and want to ask you guys, what's the famous "wood" thing everyone refers to, something with Kay?
She's handjobbing Mike in the theatre and says something like, "we've got wood." Pure cornball.

Montauk

We might be able to tape the gun behind it.
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279165
04/11/05 12:30 PM
04/11/05 12:30 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Yes, Michael said that for their aniversary the appropriate thing to give as a gift was wood. And so, he builds the Lake Tahoe house for her.

Then, while they are on their little getaway, going the movies and making out like teenagers, she grabs his penis and says, "Behold...wood" or something like that. I kringed at the thought-Kay would never do such a thing and Puzo would never write Kay doing such a thing. It was absolutely horrific. That's when I began to lose all hope for the novel.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
-Former Mayor of Providence, RI, Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279166
04/11/05 08:56 PM
04/11/05 08:56 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Quote:
Originally posted by Montauk:
The Fredo Corleone Show: I was laughing through this because I kept thinking back to "The King of Comedy" where Pupkin, in his mom's basement, plays make-believe chat host with cutouts of Liza Minnelli and Jerry Lewis. If you read that section and imagine pin-drop silence from the audience, it's hilarious.
Haha yeah, either that or the Merv Griffen set in Kramers appartment.

Its hard to narrow down what exactly is wrong w/ GFR w/o spending your entire life doing it, but you did a pretty good job of it. Welcome to the club.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279167
04/12/05 06:44 AM
04/12/05 06:44 AM
TheSicilian123 Offline
Underboss
TheSicilian123  Offline
Underboss
I stopped reading The Sicilian to start reading The Godfather Returns, but then I finished The Sicilian. GFR what a waste of time. Did Winggarnder make alot of money off this book?

M.T.K

If you had any fucking heart at all you'd be out stealin'! Joe Pecsi
Turn that thing off! You should be out stealing! Lefty
You put up and shut up, you hear nothing you say nothing! Just like you did for Bugsy! -Noodles
Re: *SPOILER* I can't believe I read the whoooooollllle thing #279168
04/12/05 09:32 AM
04/12/05 09:32 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
He probably didn't make much if he got a percentage of the returns. The book debuted in the top 20 and fell faster than a cinder block dropped off the Empire State Building.

It probably won't hurt his career though, I hear his books before TGR are actually pretty good, but I'll never read them.

This is the kind of book where everyone involved just kind of shurgs their shoulders and forgets it ever happened. Kind of what us readers should do too.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull