Ciao amici! It's been a very long time between posts. I received my copy of GFR as an early Christmas present and I am about to crack the cover.

Having been away from the board for almost 1/2 year, I must say I was shocked to see that the book just fills in gaps between the early movies -- my last impression was that it was going to take the Vincent story forward. I guess they either changed their mind or sono pazzo!

I've read many of the posts about the book and I'm not surprised by some of the comments. I agree with JGeoff in that it certainly has many bold moves in the storyline. I'll read with an open mind.

To anyone's knowledge, is a movie still planned? Would it be a theatrical release or a TV thing? Anyone know?

Finally, God's blessings be on each one of you this wonderful Christmas. Prego!

Don Vanchenzo

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).