GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (RushStreet, Dob_Peppino, 2 invisible), 265 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,328
Posts1,058,704
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Publisher seeks author--Nov 4 deadline #278435
10/22/02 07:13 PM
10/22/02 07:13 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline OP
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline OP
Underboss
Long Island, NY
Ok you guys, put your treatments together, look like the publisher is looking for a writer for GF novel.
I copied this from MSNBC.

Publisher seeks ‘Godfather’ author

Random House looks for ‘darkly comic’ mid-career writer

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK, Oct. 21 — Random House is making an offer it hopes a worthy author won’t refuse: Resurrecting the “Godfather” characters immortalized by Mario Puzo. “I love ‘The Godfather,’ and just kept thinking about those characters. I wanted to see more,” Jonathan Karp, a vice president and executive editor at Random House, said Tuesday.

’The Godfather’ has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide and led to a pair of classic American films that collected nine Academy Awards.

IN AN E-MAIL sent to literary agents last week, Karp wrote that he was looking for ‘someone who is in roughly the same place in life Mario Puzo was when he wrote ‘The Godfather’ — at mid-career, with two acclaimed literary novels to his credit, who writes in a commanding and darkly comic omniscient voice.”
Puzo, who died in 1999, was $20,000 in debt and supporting a wife and five children when he sat down to write “The Godfather,” which came out in 1969. “It was really time to grow up and sell out,” the author later said.
“The Godfather” has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide and led to a pair of classic American films that collected nine Academy Awards. Puzo, who collaborated on the screenplays, won two Oscars.
Many consider the movie versions superior to the book, but Karp’s message emphasizes that “the original Puzo novel — not the films — are the basis for this sequel. The author can either create a story that occurs after the events in the novel or concurrent with them.”

NOV. 4 DEADLINE
Random House and the Puzo estate will choose an author based on a 5-10 page outline, for which the deadline is Nov. 4. Karp says submissions should be sent to agents, not to the publisher.
Numerous fictional characters, from James Bond to Scarlett O’Hara, have been perpetuated after the author’s death. There have been notable commercial successes, such as Alexandra Ripley’s “Scarlett,” but few would call the posthumous books worthy of the originals.
“We’re never going to match what Mario Puzo accomplished with ‘The Godfather,”’ Karp said. “But we take this very seriously. We understand these are mythic characters with a mass following, and we will do justice to this.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: Publisher seeks author--Nov 4 deadline #278436
10/22/02 07:17 PM
10/22/02 07:17 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline OP
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline OP
Underboss
Long Island, NY
We should collectively write the treatment and send it to Random house. I'll write the chapter on Kay's makeover.

Re: Publisher seeks author--Nov 4 deadline #278437
10/22/02 07:24 PM
10/22/02 07:24 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Good work Deathkiss! Who said Don Geoff doesn't have his investigative team on the job hu??

I write the chapter in which Vincent does not enter the picture at all, let alone become Don.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Publisher seeks author--Nov 4 deadline #278438
10/22/02 07:51 PM
10/22/02 07:51 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline OP
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline OP
Underboss
Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Good work Deathkiss! Who said Don Geoff doesn't have his investigative team on the job hu??

I write the chapter in which Vincent does not enter the picture at all, let alone become Don.

TIS
Hail Italian!!
Lets do a page on "Dallas" in which Bobby Ewing did not die. It was Pam's bad dream.

The Vincent, Mary and Anthony story was BAD! Let's pretend that it never happened.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull