GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Big_Tuna93), 354 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,674
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278409
02/09/03 04:03 AM
02/09/03 04:03 AM
Texas
R
Robert DeNiro Offline OP
Button
Robert DeNiro  Offline OP
R
Button
Texas
So has anyone been able to find out what basic premise this new novel is going to have? Obviously it'll follow the Corleones, but whats time period? Which characters will it follow? What is the general story line? Anyone got anything?

Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you, but dont ever take sides with anyone against the family again
Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278410
02/09/03 02:01 PM
02/09/03 02:01 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
RD,

I think, so far, everything is speculation, but it's been said that this story will focus around the Vincent era, with flashbacks to a young Sonny. It is a fact however, that both Leonardo DiCaprio and Andy Garcia (Vincent) are very interested in this project, should it become a movie (which is very likely if a book is written).

We have a couple threads here in the GFIV section with a lot of different viewpoints. Myself, I prefer they went back and focused on the "young" Corleones and Vito's rise to power, etc. But they won't listen to me!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278411
02/09/03 02:37 PM
02/09/03 02:37 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Myself, I prefer they went back and focused on the "young" Corleones and Vito's rise to power, etc. But they won't listen to me!!!

TIS
But certainly De Niro couldn't play the part, and he IS the young Vito. And God, if they get DiCaprio as Sonny, then I'll be more POed than I am now.

IT'S ALL A TERRIBLE IDEA!!!

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278412
02/09/03 03:55 PM
02/09/03 03:55 PM
California

California
Many people feel that way RD. Of course, DeNiro couldn't play young Vito anymore. I think the idea tho, was to focus more on Sonny now that I think about it.

Many here hate the thought of DiCaprio playing Sonny.(can't really understand that hatred tho ) Myself, I don't have a problem with it. I have more of a problem with Garcia playing Vincent, not only for the fact that his character came out of nowhere, but he just didn't seem right for the part to me. But then, that's my opinion...others disagree.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278413
02/09/03 04:02 PM
02/09/03 04:02 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Many here hate the thought of DiCaprio playing Sonny.(can't really understand that hatred tho ) Myself, I don't have a problem with it.
TIS
Well first off, Sonny had blonde curly hair. Sencondly, it's Leonardo Fing Dicaprio!!

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278414
02/09/03 04:23 PM
02/09/03 04:23 PM
California

California
Quote:
Originally posted by joltinjoe05:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b]Many here hate the thought of DiCaprio playing Sonny.(can't really understand that hatred tho ) Myself, I don't have a problem with it.
TIS
Well first off, Sonny had blonde curly hair. Sencondly, it's Leonardo Fing Dicaprio!![/b][/quote]JJ,

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I'm only telling you what some of the ideas were. I am not the one who decides! I just don't have the problem with DiCaprio that you and others do, that's all I'm saying. Btw, Sonny's hair was brown not blonde??? Well so is DiCaprio's! I'm sure they could make it curly for the role!! (Just teasing you) . Don't get mad now, but personally it would not bother me if he gets the role.

I realize I'm outnumbered here, but hey, that's my view, what can I say?

TIS

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278415
02/09/03 04:39 PM
02/09/03 04:39 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Yea they could just throw a cheap wig on him and everything would be nice. :p

I can't believe this doesn't bother you. You must be a huge Godfather fan. You got like 2500 posts here. The GREATEST TRILOGY OF ALL TIME is no more. There will be no Pacino, no Duvall, no De Niro, no Brando.

Now it's DiCaprio (who doesn't fit the role) and a writer who probably doesn't know what capo is short for.

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278416
02/09/03 04:50 PM
02/09/03 04:50 PM
California

California
JJ,

The DiCaprio issue aside , I agree with you as far as no Pacino/DeNiro/Duvall, and yea, I wonder about the author as well. All of us want it to be good, but realistically, I'd be happy if at worst, it turned out to be a very good movie. I think to expect another film as spectacular as the first two is stretching it, as much as I'd love to see it. Then again, you never know..it could happen. I'd rather see it not made at all than to be a real "bomb". Wouldn't you?

TIS

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278417
02/09/03 05:03 PM
02/09/03 05:03 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Of course. I'm totally agaisnt the idea of making another one.

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278418
02/09/03 09:56 PM
02/09/03 09:56 PM
California

California
Thinking more about the author, and what his knowledge of mafia is and whether or not he could have the insight that Puzo did; It is possible, because look at our Turnbull. He's not Italian, and I assume not mob connected , yet look at all the knowledge he has on not only the mafia but Italian customs, traditions, etc.

It's not impossible that this author may have a handle on it as well. We can hope!
Of course, I really think TB should write the book, as I would have complete confidence that that it would be great as I am sure he'd put his heart and soul in it.

Since that's not likely, I'll hope for the best!!

TIS

Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278419
02/09/03 11:54 PM
02/09/03 11:54 PM
Texas
R
Robert DeNiro Offline OP
Button
Robert DeNiro  Offline OP
R
Button
Texas
I dont understand why DeNiro cant be used. If the story line has a flashback of Corleone activity in the mid 30s, couldnt DeNiro reprise his role? Use a little make up, and make him look younger?

Is there any chance that this movie instead will focus on Michael Corleone between years of 1970 the opening of the Godfather III. It could show maybe how Michael legitimized many of the Corleone family businesses. I dont know if there would be much intrigue however for that.

The easiest solution seems to be no flashback at all, and just having it be Vincent Corleone running things present day or during the 80s or 90s. This is gonna be tricky, thats the only thing thats for sure.

Also, has anyone contacted Scorcese about doing the movie? I dont want some ametuer doing it.

Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you, but dont ever take sides with anyone against the family again
Re: Any idea on what this guy's outline looks like? #278420
02/10/03 07:55 PM
02/10/03 07:55 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I am aganst the use of De Nero in the 4th chapter but dont get me wrong I want him to play Vito. I believe he is the only man other than Brando who could do it. But his age is hindering. They could show Vito's rise to power which would be nice because it does go into even more detail in the Puzo original novel, his rise to the status "DON". He would naturally be older in the movie scince they would focus on issues after Fanucci's death. If they can make Anthony Hopkins(Great Actor) look younger in Red Dragon they can make De Nero look younger, but it would look terrible. All in all the whole idea of GF 4 is bad. It is such a good thing, I know it would be great to have more, but the Godfather reached the top, it cant go anywhere but down now( a new one, the old godfather is not going anywhere )

Sinceramente,

The Don Michael Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull