GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 300 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,161
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219359
04/03/06 08:43 AM
04/03/06 08:43 AM
M
Mobster_K Offline
Wiseguy
Mobster_K  Offline
M
Wiseguy
After re-watching it, I think it was a horrible epsiode.

What the hell was up with Tony giving in to Johnny so easily, then forgiving the ambulence driver at the end?
If they go with the good guy angle with T then I may just quit watching it.

The rapper angle was stupid and had no barrings what so ever, same with the Paulie's mother side.

Vito, Chris, and Sil have had 10 mins combined in the last 2 weeks.

I can see why Desperate Housewives is killing it in the ratings. If this continues, just end it this year.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219360
04/03/06 09:15 AM
04/03/06 09:15 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Even though it was a little slow, I liked the episode. I liked how they are concentrating on Tony's near death experience and the change it made in him. I am thinking however, his turn for the "good" will be short lived (at least I'm hoping). Who knows though.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219361
04/03/06 10:04 AM
04/03/06 10:04 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
As far as last night's episode goes, although I felt as a whole it was a solid effort, it had particular weaknesses in its attempts at side-stories. Sometimes these little anecdotal things that happen to familiar characters are interesting and refreshing, but the Hal Holbrook character? What the hell was he doing there? And another rapper? I liked Bobby B's interaction with Treach, but as far as Tony goes, I don't know why they involved him in that sideplot. The thing about Paulie's mom was decent, but really, why not give us more of Chris, Vito, or Junior (especially Junior, where the hell has he been!?!) rather than bog us down with wasted guest appearances?

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219362
04/03/06 11:07 AM
04/03/06 11:07 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobster_K:

What the hell was up with Tony giving in to Johnny so easily, then forgiving the ambulence driver at the end?

The rapper angle was stupid and had no barrings what so ever, same with the Paulie's mother side.

I can see why Desperate Housewives is killing it in the ratings. If this continues, just end it this year.
Tony gave into Johhny so easily because, right now, he appreciating his second chance at life, dodging death, and taking his near death experience as a lesson. And that is exactly why he let the EMS worker keep the money. That guy never took any money. Tony saw the opening for a scam once that Insurance lady told him that they looked through his wallet in the ambulance to see what kind of coverage he had. So being the coniving low life that Tony and his crew really are, they took that opportunity to try and scam the EMS worker out of 2 grand. But at the end, Tony, going emotionally through his "thank God I'm alive" mentality, felt guilty that he was scamming this hard working EMS guy, and decided not to take the scam money.

The Paulie and his mother sub-plot had no bearing?

The rapper sub-plot had no bearing?

Are you sure that you watched the show? :p

With all due respect, I suggest that you watch the episode again. It was a very good episode and all plots and sub-plots involved had everything to do with what is and was going on.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219363
04/03/06 11:11 AM
04/03/06 11:11 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Montauk:

Similar, yes. But that narrator was William S. Burroughs.
Yes, you are right, I see that now. But I'll be damned! They sound so much alike!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219364
04/03/06 01:21 PM
04/03/06 01:21 PM
Minnesota
Jonny Lips Offline
Made Member
Jonny Lips  Offline
Made Member
Minnesota
I agree with you don cardi.
I can't believe that you people say that this episode sucked and had no bearings. How many times has Chase delivered and episode that had no meaning to us what-so-ever at that time. But in future episodes...it became clear to us why he wrote the things he did.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219365
04/03/06 04:04 PM
04/03/06 04:04 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline OP
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline OP
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:

Wow, sir, you are a retard. A complete retard.

10 minutes combined for Sil, Vito, and Chris in the last two episodes? Did you even watch last week? :rolleyes:

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219366
04/03/06 04:18 PM
04/03/06 04:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
:rolleyes:

I totally understand your fustration with that post, believe me. But let's keep it strictly business, and not make it personal.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219367
04/03/06 04:25 PM
04/03/06 04:25 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline OP
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline OP
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] Wow, sir, you are a retard. A complete retard.
:rolleyes:

I totally understand your fustration with that post, believe me. But let's keep it strictly business, and not make it personal.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Forgive me...

Godfather.

Seriously, I was a little flustered with that post. I did go over the top.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219368
04/03/06 05:57 PM
04/03/06 05:57 PM
Canada
mikey_fresh Offline
Associate
mikey_fresh  Offline
Associate
Canada
I do think the entire rapper angle was stupid to involve Bobby in merely for the fact that he is interested in outside projects against the family. However, shooting that guy in the ass was hilarious! The one aspect I did find interesting was when the rapper came in and said, "Tony Soprano, Original G." And Tony was like, yah, whatever or something. That was cool.

Reasons why this episode was necessary for what happened with Paulie, with the Barone kid (I don't see how there could be anything b/w this guy and meadow, Meadow is too strong a woman), and Tony conceding to Sacrimoni is because these were Tony's last hours in the hospital. He was still morphine dependant and yakked when getting angry. Dvd Part 1 is over, the next chapter begins in season 6. The episode was great for 3 reasons:

1) Hostility towards Junior from Tony, and how this will effect Junior's investigation and the entire Soprano name.
2) Tension between Jersey and NYC. Frankly, I despise Phil, however, if I were him, we would be doing the same considering his younger brother and all.
3) T's out, and everything that entails.

only 6 more nights.

ne plus ultra is italian
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219369
04/03/06 06:19 PM
04/03/06 06:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I think it is very astute to keep in mind that the Sopranos consists of many parts that add up to the whole. Since we don't know what the whole will be, let's be patient and enjoy the parts. For the life of me, I can't figure out the Bobby/Rapper angle. But I am looking forward to finding out what it is. one should also keep in mind that all of the parts don't have to make sense. Afterall, this series is about human beings and if we've learned anything about human beings it is that they are highly variable. Calma!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219370
04/03/06 07:49 PM
04/03/06 07:49 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by olivant:
For the life of me, I can't figure out the Bobby/Rapper angle. But I am looking forward to finding out what it is.
Bobby is a mamaluke, a simpleton. Tony tells him during a conversation in this episode that the brother in-law shit can only go so far and basically that it's now time for Bobby to start earning and kicking up to him some more.
So Bobby, being the simpleton that he is, devised this idea with the rapper to earn some money that he would be able to kick up to Tony to show Tony that he could earn for the family.

Most guys would go out and rob someone, pull a scam, etc. But Bobby concocted this stupid idea with this rapper. It was hilarious and typical Bobby Baccala!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219371
04/03/06 08:19 PM
04/03/06 08:19 PM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
not to mention, Bobby has his own personal family to provide for. Also, he needs to make his own business as well, since he has the title of deputy captain or something like that. Yeah, it was hiliarious with the rapper getting shot.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219372
04/03/06 10:00 PM
04/03/06 10:00 PM
sc
T
tprice Offline
Wiseguy
tprice  Offline
T
Wiseguy
sc
Did anyone catch Carmela's comment about Vito??? That tells me he may be the next to go

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219373
04/03/06 10:26 PM
04/03/06 10:26 PM
Athens, GA
E
Eddie Mozzarella Offline
Wiseguy
Eddie Mozzarella  Offline
E
Wiseguy
Athens, GA
I see the rapper thing coming to bite Bobby in the ass (pun intended). Being shot in the ass is gonna piss off that guy and he might tell the cops about their deal. Can't imagine what kind of "street cred" THAT'S gonna land him. It'll be embarrassing as hell. Who knows.

I think Carmela should be Tony's new consigliere. :p

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219374
04/04/06 12:58 AM
04/04/06 12:58 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Perhaps I should expand upon or "amplify" my previous post in this thread. I said I liked the episode and I stand by that. I defy anyone to show me a series on tv now that is better than this show. L&O is pretty decent with Imperioli and Farina and is making a come back I think but it's impact on pop culture has decreased quite a bit. It's made its mark and I think that one of these days it should bow out gracefully like N.Y.P.D. Blue did.

As for the episode, people could consider it "slower" or "weaker" than the previous episodes this season, but I think that was the intention and the point. We all know that something huge is gonna happen this Sun. but we think that every week and not every episode can be a total winner for every viewer. This episode did have a lot, and although I'm not Johnny Hip Hop or anything but I did notice that they used Treach from Naughty by Nature (guy who paid to get shot) and another famous rapper I think (guy who got shot what 9 times or so) but I forgot his name. I found the scene with Tony listening to the rapper in his hospital bed bitching (hey he did get shot 9 times maybe he was entitled to complain a bit ) and Tony's reactions to what was said kinda interesting to say the least. Tony's response to the rapper calling Tony an "o.g." or whatever "Yeah, whatever." was priceless I thought. Also, I found it kinda cool how everyone in the hospital bonded and I actually felt a bit sad when the scientist lost his larynx and we knew that he was gonna die.

I don't care what anybody says Chase is a genius and there is not too much more that can be said about the direction, casting, acting, production, cinematography etc. etc. of The Sopranos. It's like watching a new Mob movie every week.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219375
04/04/06 03:07 AM
04/04/06 03:07 AM
M
Mobster_K Offline
Wiseguy
Mobster_K  Offline
M
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[quote]Originally posted by Mobster_K:
[b] After re-watching it, I think it was a horrible epsiode.

10 minutes combined for Sil, Vito, and Chris in the last two episodes? Did you even watch last week? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]WOW!

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219376
04/04/06 05:50 AM
04/04/06 05:50 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'm wondering what show some of you watched .... it was a great episode!

You HAVE TO take a show or two to build up the season's storyline, and this one did just that.

Best line of the night belonged to Tony - referring to size of the shit that Vito takes...

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219377
04/04/06 10:11 AM
04/04/06 10:11 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Poor Paulie...

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219378
04/04/06 10:20 AM
04/04/06 10:20 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
I defy anyone to show me a series on tv now that is better than this show.

It's like watching a new Mob movie every week.
IMO "24" is right up there with Sopranos. Outstanding storyline with fantastic writing. My two favorite shows.

And I agree, Sopranos IS like watching a mob movie every week.

As I said, I really like the direction that this season is going in.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219379
04/04/06 11:22 AM
04/04/06 11:22 AM
Nottingham, UK
Bada Bing Ben Offline
Made Member
Bada Bing Ben  Offline
Made Member
Nottingham, UK
no i am sorry. 24 is BEYOND far fetched. It's plain ridiculous. Jack Bauer would have been retired after series 1 in real life...aaaanyway.

The Sopranos is by far the best written, shot, directed and acted TV of the last 10 years.

I am currently downloading ep4...and of course the anticipation is killing me.

Thats where you're wrong...out there its the 1990s. In here its 1952.
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219380
04/04/06 02:27 PM
04/04/06 02:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
My money's on Paulie to go. Also, are any of you buying into Tony's "every day is a gift" epiphany? I think the previews showed him beating the hell out of someone. Ultimately, I think Tony is Tony.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219381
04/04/06 04:07 PM
04/04/06 04:07 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline OP
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline OP
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Mobster_K:

10 minutes combined for Sil, Vito, and Chris in the last two episodes? Did you even watch last week? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]WOW! [/b][/quote]WOW! is exactly right. WOW! That you actually believe that everything will be resolved in one episode. When they're right in the middle of the season.

Watch and see how the news about Paulie's mother holds barrings, watch and see how the whole Bobby and the Rapper thing holds barrings. I'll quote you so you can eat crow.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219382
04/04/06 04:32 PM
04/04/06 04:32 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By the way, when Tony walked out to the pool and sat down, I couldn't help but think of the ducks maybe returning. Don't you think that his fascination with the ducks from the first season ties in with his current epiphany (if indeed it is an epiphany)?

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219383
04/04/06 08:11 PM
04/04/06 08:11 PM
Nottingham, UK
Bada Bing Ben Offline
Made Member
Bada Bing Ben  Offline
Made Member
Nottingham, UK
100% agree olivant.

i was expecting ducks.

Thats where you're wrong...out there its the 1990s. In here its 1952.
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219384
04/04/06 08:33 PM
04/04/06 08:33 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ha ha, I gotta admit, I thought of the ducks too. With Tony's newfound appreciation of life, I thought we may see a duck or two.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219385
04/04/06 11:13 PM
04/04/06 11:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
no i am sorry. 24 is BEYOND far fetched. It's plain ridiculous. Jack Bauer would have been retired after series 1 in real life...aaaanyway.

The Sopranos is by far the best written, shot, directed and acted TV of the last 10 years.

Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it.

It's also a bit far fetched that the Boss of a mob family goes on hits himself and goes to meetings in the middle of the night, with people who are not a part of his "family," without a bodyguard. Tony Soprano would have been wacked after series 1 in real life after running all over town without a bodygaurd. But that doesn't make me dislike the show.

I have to disagree with you about the show being far fetched. IMO, which I am also entitled to just as you are yours, 24 is one of the best written shows on TV right now. I love the Sopranos too, but these are two different types of shows which really cannot be compared to each other for obvious reasons. Both are very well written shows.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219386
04/04/06 11:25 PM
04/04/06 11:25 PM
Sleeping With The Fishes
La Famiglia Offline
Button
La Famiglia  Offline
Button
Sleeping With The Fishes
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Mobster_K:

Tony gave into Johhny so easily because, right now, he appreciating his second chance at life, dodging death, and taking his near death experience as a lesson. And that is exactly why he let the EMS worker keep the money. That guy never took any money. Tony saw the opening for a scam once that Insurance lady told him that they looked through his wallet in the ambulance to see what kind of coverage he had. So being the coniving low life that Tony and his crew really are, they took that opportunity to try and scam the EMS worker out of 2 grand. But at the end, Tony, going emotionally through his "thank God I'm alive" mentality, felt guilty that he was scamming this hard working EMS guy, and decided not to take the scam money.

The Paulie and his mother sub-plot had no bearing?

The rapper sub-plot had no bearing?

Are you sure that you watched the show? :p

With all due respect, I suggest that you watch the episode again. It was a very good episode and all plots and sub-plots involved had everything to do with what is and was going on.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Don, I'm glad you are here to inform these fans of what actually happened in the episode and not what they WISHED had happened.

"I knew it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart" Michael Corleone in II
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219387
04/04/06 11:27 PM
04/04/06 11:27 PM
Sleeping With The Fishes
La Famiglia Offline
Button
La Famiglia  Offline
Button
Sleeping With The Fishes
Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:

I am currently downloading ep4...and of course the anticipation is killing me.
Amen.

"I knew it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart" Michael Corleone in II
Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** #219388
04/05/06 08:00 AM
04/05/06 08:00 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
[b] no i am sorry. 24 is BEYOND far fetched. It's plain ridiculous. Jack Bauer would have been retired after series 1 in real life...aaaanyway.

Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it.

It's also a bit far fetched that the Boss of a mob family goes on hits himself and goes to meetings in the middle of the night, with people who are not a part of his "family," without a bodyguard. Tony Soprano would have been wacked after series 1 in real life after running all over town without a bodygaurd. But that doesn't make me dislike the show.

I have to disagree with you about the show being far fetched. IMO, which I am also entitled to just as you are yours, 24 is one of the best written shows on TV right now. I love the Sopranos too, but these are two different types of shows which really cannot be compared to each other for obvious reasons. Both are very well written shows.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]I am also a fan of 24. If we dissected all of our favorite shows for accuracy we wouldn't have anything to watch. As for Tony going on hits, we all know he is the head of the family but the F.B.I for all intents and purposes believes that Tony is under Junior.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull