GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 341 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,850
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,406
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Season 6 Ep 3: "Mayham" ***SPOILERS*** #219287
04/01/06 12:13 AM
04/01/06 12:13 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
yeah it does suck...they did have him signed for two seasons..but felt he needed to go. weird eh?

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Season 6 Ep 3: "Mayham" ***SPOILERS*** #219288
04/01/06 07:30 PM
04/01/06 07:30 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Vito's wife was played by Lorraine Bracco's sister. I had no idea that Vito's wife was cousins to Phil Leotardo.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 6 Ep 3: "Mayham" ***SPOILERS*** #219289
04/01/06 08:55 PM
04/01/06 08:55 PM
Nottingham, UK
Bada Bing Ben Offline
Made Member
Bada Bing Ben  Offline
Made Member
Nottingham, UK
pretty damn convenient.

vito is also supposed to be cousin with jackie aprile...whom he shot.

to be fair though, they all seem to be related so perhaps its not too far fetched.

Thats where you're wrong...out there its the 1990s. In here its 1952.
Re: Season 6 Ep 3: "Mayham" ***SPOILERS*** #219290
05/16/06 12:52 PM
05/16/06 12:52 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Just watched this episode for the first time earlier today, and I continue to spot patterns in how the show is delivered:

Silvio given more screentime than usual, and thus I predicted he'd be, in one way or another, dead by the end of the episode. Not quite the case, but he's out of it for the time being even so.

Anybody else think Vito's a walking caricature? Bad acting, though there's a certain woodenness to him which makes him sort of appealing.

The show is full of little moments where you expect something and it doesn't happen: what was with the camera lingering on the toilet door as Silvio sits inside? For a moment I thought it was another cubicle, adjecent to Silvio's, with a Fed inside. Then I saw the red shirt. Surreal little moments like that which get the heart racing and then lead to an anti-climax. Some may argue that, in the bigger picture, the show itself is handled in this way.

Convenient writing again: Vito is revealed to be closer to Phil than we first thought; Silvio suddenly has asthma; it's Chase doing what he does best, I think, and what he's done since Episode 5 of season one, "College", and more and more predominantly since: to make each episode stand alone.

This episode in particular was so fascinating because it covers fresh ground and sheds light on relationships never touched upon; I think, in this sense, Tony's coma brought out some of the best potential, and best writing, on the show--not to mention, in Edie Falco's case, the best acting. Melfi and Carmela's discussion was fascinating; Bobby and Vito; Chrissy and AJ; Vito and Phil; Carmela with the capi.

Resulting predominant themes, then, seem to be Selfishness (I count Melfi as the only character not driven by selfishness, and maybe Meadow) and, oddly, Memory. Or Lack Of It. Tony diagnosed with Alziemer's in his dreams, Junior shooting Tony in the first place due to the same thing, probably, Vito and Phil forgetting what they were talking about at dinner, and so on.

Funniest moments: Chris telling the others Ghostbusters is another reason they should make their Saw-meets-The Godfather film; Paulie's remark about Tony looking terrible, and Paulie telling the others, "So I was holding his hand..."

Best moment: That final dream; for Gandolfini's acting if nothing else. It was also the only time during Tony's coma that I actually felt unsafe in the writers' hands. It got me thinking all sorts of things, such as when Romance and Cigarettes, the musical in which Gandolfini stars, was filmed, and whether he had been available because he was no longer working on the show...like Adriana's demise was certain when Joey signed her up.

Great episode.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Season 6 Ep 3: "Mayham" ***SPOILERS*** #219291
05/16/06 02:28 PM
05/16/06 02:28 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
That final dream was one of my favorite parts of this season. Buscemi, the shadow. Haunting as hell.

Not to mention it was hilarious seeing Paulie make Tony's blood pressure drop.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull