GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 360 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,429
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218396
12/31/05 12:53 PM
12/31/05 12:53 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
My guess is New York capo Rusty Millio is gonna be the one bumped off.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218397
12/31/05 09:23 PM
12/31/05 09:23 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline OP
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline OP
Underboss
Yeah there was a post earlier in this thread concerning the rumors of his death around Episode 5 or 6 I think. Yes, that would mean these rumors wouldnt coincide with an Episode 2 killing, but they could be inaccurate, because hey, its all just rumor.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218398
01/01/06 03:19 AM
01/01/06 03:19 AM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
Maybe Paulie and Chris will argue over who deserves to be in control of Tony B's gambling racket now that he is out of the picture. Little detials like this who the new owner will be is interesting to me, although it may not be addressed.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218399
01/02/06 11:29 PM
01/02/06 11:29 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Found a small set of photos taken by a fan at shooting of one of the episodes. They're not of very good quality, but I figured I'd post them anyway.

They can be found here.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218400
01/03/06 03:26 AM
01/03/06 03:26 AM
Underboss
Underboss
The Season 6 Premiere has been pushed back a week, the first episode will air March 12.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218401
01/03/06 04:58 AM
01/03/06 04:58 AM
Underboss
Underboss
I was reading about an article in a november issue of The New Yorker magazine, a small biography of Steve Buscemi.

In the article, it is revealed that Buscemi will be directing the episode called "Mr. and Mrs. Sacrimoni Request," which is mainly about the wedding of Johnny Sac's daughter. Buscemi gives away these plot details.

"The writer tags along as Buscemi directs an episode, "Mr. And Mrs. Sacrimoni Request," of the upcoming season. In it, Johnny Sack, who's in prison awaiting trial, is allowed out by the Feds for six hours to attend his daughter's wedding.

Among the teaser details we learn: Tony attends the wedding having just gotten out of the hospital and is bearing scars from whatever it is that happened to him. (The writer asks Buscemi how Tony got the scars and he says "If we told you, you wouldn't get out of here alive.") Johnny Sack disgraces himself by breaking down and crying when the Feds tell him it's time to go and Phil Leotardo smells blood in the water and starts talking about how Johnny has lost it."

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218402
01/03/06 05:03 AM
01/03/06 05:03 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Found a small gossip article saying that Tony will take a bullet but survive this season. Rumors are saying the "big event" that Lorraine Bracco slipped about that happens in Episode 1 is perhaps a hit attempt on Tony or something of that sort, as he seems slated to end up in the hospital early on, and then he is released by the time Johnny Sac's daughter gets married.

Here's the article.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218403
01/03/06 06:04 AM
01/03/06 06:04 AM
Underboss
Underboss
A few new things...

Here's a pic I found of the filming for the church scene. In it, you can see Chris standing directly next to the mystery woman in the light green dress, so I'm thinking we can probably confirm this his new girlfriend/fiance.

Also, a small interview with Louis Gross, who will be playing Tony's new bodygaurd. Couldnt find a picture of him.

This guy will be playing a character named Muhammed, a North African arms dealer, who is reportedly selling Christopher some guns. His name is Donnie Keshawarz, and he says his character will be providing some "comic relief," and will appear in at least 2 episodes.

If you recognize him, it may be because he has appeared in 24, Sex in the City, and Lost. Im thinking his appearances will be later in the season considering imdb does not list his guest spots yet.

Here's the link to article.

Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
Quote:
Lastly, I read somewhere, and this is another link Ive since lost, that a dream sequence was filmed in which Tony walks into an old fashioned country-type Inn, “glowing” with a sort of heavenly light, and Tony Blundetto, Steve Buscemi, his dead cousin, greets him on the porch. The article was talking about how the whole street was rented out to accommodate for all of the crew’s trailers and whatnot.
Found this article I was referencing.

Quote:
MORRIS TWP. - Instead of staying in and watching television last Thursday night, residents of Normandy Parkway gathered on their neighbors’ lawn to watch the filming of a television hit - The Sopranos.

The award-winning HBO series, shooting its sixth season which begins in spring 2006, moved its set to 22 Normandy Parkway, the home of Dr. Robert Cole, and worked there from Thursday morning to early Friday morning.

Two police officers patrolled the street to keep the set closed. HBO officials, who kept the details of the show’s plot confidential, told neighbors that they planned to turn the Cole house into a secluded country-inn, and that the shoot would probably constitute a three-minute scene. [...]

Nader was told that the scene was a dream sequence, and she said that the profusion of lights gave the house a “dream quality.” Nader also said that in the scene they were filming, James Gandolfini, who plays the main character, Tony Soprano, drove up to the property and was met by the actor Steve Buscemi, who she thought “was playing some kind of host.”

Buscemi appeared regularly last season as Tony Blundetto - Tony Soprano’s cousin and childhood friend, who was released from prison after 15 year for mob-related activity. Since the Blundetto character ended up dead, killed by a shotgun blast fired by Soprano, the probability the scene is a dream sequence is pretty high.

A small blurb concerning Tony's hospital stay from a Q&A session in a magazine...

Quote:
One of my Jersey moles tells me the show is shooting scenes on the campus of NJIT this week. The college is standing in for the fictional University of Newark Hospital. "The whole cast was there," says my spy. "Apparently, Tony gets shot or has a heart attack or something, and they all come to the hospital to visit him."
A bit vague, but hey, its there.

Also, here's another lost link I found. This one concerning the scenes filmed outside the hospital where a reporter rushes up to AJ asking him questions and then Carmella grabs him and hurries away. The fact that there's a reporter there makes me think Tony has to have been shot, as I dont know why the press would cover a mob boss's heart attack with such fervor.

Article

Also, I dont know whether this is inaccurate information or a spoiler slip, but apparently Vito has joined Phil Leotardo's crew and New York in the new season. Here's the highlights of this article.

Quote:
The scene behind the Bada Bing is a meeting Tony (Gandolfini) and Christopher (Michael Imperioli) have with Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincent) and his entourage, which today consists of Vito Spatafore (a somewhat slimmed down Joe Gannascoli). Tony is attempting to smooth things over with Phil after Tony's cousin, Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi), gunned down Phil's brother Billy in one of last season's final episodes.

They also have business to discuss in the wake of the arrest of Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) in the season finale. "As of right now," said Vincent during a break in filming, "I'm handling Johnny's business, so whether I'll be the big man or not remains to be seen."
Here's a small desciption of the filming of the first episode of the season revealed a few interesting details to me.

Quote:
It's Tuesday morning, and the cast and crew of "The Sopranos" have descended on Cozzarelli's in Belleville, the unofficial funeral home of the HBO mob drama. As with all "Sopranos" wakes, most of the cast is on hand. A few minutes before the first rehearsal, some of the supporting actors (Max Casella, Frankie Valli) are already in full wardrobe.
2 things I noticed, 1. they're filming a funeral, so I guess someone dies in episode 1 (rumor has it that Heshy meets his maker), and 2. Max Casella, who plays Benny Fazio, is there. I was just wondering today what sort of condition his character would be in, considering the vicious beating he took from Phil Leotardo at the end of last season. I guess he's fully recovered.

And lastly, here's the episode titles as of right now, although this list has changed repeatedly.

"Members Only" Episode: #6.1 - 12 March
"Join the Club" Episode: #6.2 - 19 March
??? Episode: #6.3 - 26 March
"The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" Episode: #6.4 - 2 April
"Mr. and Mrs. Sacramoni Request" Episode: #6.5 - 9 April
"Live Free or Die" Episode: #6.6 - 16 April
"Luxury Lounge" Episode: #6.7 - 23 April
??? Episode: #6.8 - 30 April
"The Ride" Episode: #6.9 - 7 May
??? Episode #6.10 - 14 May

Well, thats all folks!

68 Days and Counting

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218404
01/12/06 06:03 AM
01/12/06 06:03 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Updated Episode Names List (Supposedly)

EPISODE 1 - Members Only
EPISODE 2 - Join the Club
EPISODE 3 - ???
EPISODE 4 - The Fleshy Part of the Thigh
EPISODE 5 - Mr. and Mrs. Sacrimoni Request
EPISODE 6 - Live Free or Die
EPISODE 7 - Luxury Lounge
EPISODE 8 - Johnny Cakes
EPISODE 9 - The Ride
EPISODE 10 - Moe and Joe

Im thinking that the name of Episode 3 must be some sort of spoiler because I dont see why else they wouldnt have released it yet, considering all the others have been named. Perhaps it alludes to someones death.

59 DAYS and COUNTING

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218405
01/14/06 06:01 AM
01/14/06 06:01 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Found an article on a Lorraine Bracco website about a recent Sopranos press junket that has a lot of good information and pictures. Here's the highlights.

Mostly all of this can be found here.

Quote:
"A clip from the upcoming sixth season, beginning March 12, showed what appears to be Janice (Aida Turturro) getting married and Johnny Sack's wife (Denise Borino) fainting at the reception."

This has to be incorrect im thinking. Unless Janice and Bobby got divorced during the 2 year break, why would Janice be getting married? This is probably a reference to Chris's wedding or Allegra Sacrimoni's, mistaken for Janices for some reason.

Quote:
"It appears A.J. (Robert Iler) may get locked up in a facility of some sort and Paulie (Tony Sirico) stabs someone in the chest."

Wow! Thats good stuff. Could AJ be getting mixed up in his fathers business, or is this more of his childish pranks? And Paule stabbing someone!

Quote:

Carmella confesses she knew what kind of man Tony is when she began dating him and he brought her father a power drill.

"I knew behind that power drill was probably a guy with a broken arm or worse," Carmela says in voiceover. "I'd go to my priest and cry about how my husband made his money, but that was bull -- because there are far bigger crooks than my husband."
Quote:
Guest stars in the upcoming 12-episode season include Ben Kingsley (playing himself), Julianna Margulies (as a real estate agent) and Hal Holbrook (as an ailing Bell labs retiree who gets involved with the mob).

Ben Kingsley! playing himself?

Ive also heard rumors of Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, Gina Tognoni, and Ray Winstone.

Quote:
This much Chase would reveal about the new season: A.J. and Paulie both have a lot to do and characters are disquieted and "sort of rattled."

"It's mostly keyed off the fact that Johnny Sack has been arrested and is facing a large RICO trial for murder and people have the chance to see a possible potential future for themselves in that," Chase said. "It has ripple effects, just like it would psychologically."

AJ finally getting some more attention, and it looks like Paulie's back in the limelight. Something we havent seen since the end of season 4.

Quote:
A ritual on the set is to take the cast member whose character is being killed off out for dinner.

"Actually, we owe a couple," Gandolfini said.

Whole lotta images...

And lastly, some new character info.

Quote:
Toni Kalem is out as Angie Bonpensiero, widow of Big Pussy (Vincent Pastore). The show has sent out a casting notice for a new actress to play the role.

Quote:
Ginny Sack (Denise Borino), wife of mob boss Johnny (my pal Vince Curatola) will get a wiseguy brother who owns a Lenscrafter franchise. His name will also be Anthony (that makes four in the show so far, if I'm counting correctly). He'll be modeled on Carlo, Connie's husband from "The Godfather."

Uncle Junior (Dominic Chianese), for his part, will hire a slick new lawyer.

That's not all: We may see a little of Eugene Pontercorvo's family, too. Eugene (Robert Funaro), one of the late Ralph Cifaretto's (Joe Pantoliano) crew, will get a wife and two kids: a 16-year-old son and an 8-year-old daughter.

And Janice Soprano (Aida Turturro) may have had a daughter with husband Bobby Bacal (Steve Schirripa) since we saw them last. There's talk that a 16-month-old baby girl is being sought to play the part.

57 DAYS and COUNTING

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218406
01/14/06 02:44 PM
01/14/06 02:44 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Donnie Keshawarz was in season 2 of 24. Pretty abysmal actor.

Kingsley? I'm all for it. Thanks for the pics.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218407
01/14/06 02:47 PM
01/14/06 02:47 PM
LUCABRAZI Offline
Wiseguy
LUCABRAZI  Offline
Wiseguy
does anyone know where to find the new season 6 posters?

CLEMENZA

It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218408
01/14/06 03:12 PM
01/14/06 03:12 PM
UK
Frankie 5-angels Offline
Underboss
Frankie 5-angels  Offline
Underboss
UK
Wow Ben Kingsley? That'll be fantastic

I can't wait for the new season to hit these shores!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218409
01/14/06 04:07 PM
01/14/06 04:07 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by LUCABRAZI:
does anyone know where to find the new season 6 posters?
So far the only Season 6 related poster Ive seen is this, which I just found yesterday. A larger version of this can be found on HBO.com. Im thinking they'll release something a bit more specific around mid february.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218410
01/14/06 06:21 PM
01/14/06 06:21 PM
Underboss
Underboss
More updates on that Lorraine Bracco website...

"With a roomful of television critics salivating for a hint, a nudge, a clue, anything about the final 20 episodes of HBO mobster drama The Sopranos, nobody wanted to be the rat. In a montage of clips shown to critics from the 12-episode season that starts March 12, there was some fisticuffs, some gunfire, at least one guy getting hit on the head with a pipe, Tony Soprano kissing someone who isn't his wife, Uncle Junior in jail, and was that Tony's sister Janice (Aida Turturro) in a wedding dress?"

Sorry the pictures are small, I tried blowing them up a bit but they just got really blurry.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218411
01/15/06 10:36 AM
01/15/06 10:36 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Gotta say you're doing an excellent job MistaMista.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218412
01/15/06 03:27 PM
01/15/06 03:27 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Thank you very much for that Turi.

I'm glad this message board is here because if I had never joined this board I'd probably be doing all this research anyway but I wouldn't be documenting or sharing it in anyway.

I just keep hoping that enough people are still reading and not too afraid to spoil it for themselves. I just can't get enough, even if it's less of a surprise later.

And on that note, some new news...

In the recent press junket for the release of Season 6, it was mentioned that Tony is seen kissing a woman who is not Carmella. It was also mentioned that Julianna Margulies was going to guest star on the show as a real estate agent. It has supposedly now been revealed that these two pieces of info were connected, and Tony is seen kissing Margulies. So I guess we can count out Tony's promise to Carmella that he'll be faithful.

Also, a little bit more info on Ben Kingsley's guest appearance as himself. Here's a quote from the Miami Herald.

"Tony's gang considers getting involved in a movie; actor Ben Kingsley (who played a vicious mobster in Sexy Beast) will guest-star as himself in at least one episode."

Interesting. Perhaps Chris' ambitions to become an actor will finally come to fruition?

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218413
01/15/06 03:53 PM
01/15/06 03:53 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I couldn't find any official confirmation of this, but supposedly Kirk Acevedo, who I know from Dinner Rush, will join the cast for at least a couple episodes as a new character named Bernie Celentano.

No word on what type of role his character will play yet.

Also, a fellow cast member of Kirk's from OZ, Mums da Schemer, will be playing a cop.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218414
01/21/06 07:28 AM
01/21/06 07:28 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Just one little piece of information, concerning the montage shown at the recent Season 6 press junket (which I cant seem to find anywhere online ).

Carmella has two voice-over quotes, both, although clearly taken out of context, seem to indicate she may be taking a new attitude towards her husband's criminal activities, and perhaps getting involved.

"There are far bigger crooks than my husband."

and, the really interesting one...

"I hired you to do a job."

Hhmmmm.

Also, two more confirmed guest appearances.

Ron Leibman will be playing a character named Dr. Plepler in Episode #4, "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh."

And also Tim Daly will be returning as washed up TV writer and gambling addict, J.T Dolan. No word on what episode he'll make his appearance.

EDIT:

Just found out that Phil Leotardo's son will be introduced as a new character, although it doesn't look like he'll be appearing that much. Phil Jr. will be played Rich Lounello.

50 DAYS and COUNTING

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218415
01/21/06 08:06 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Found some photos of the shooting of Episode #6, Live Free or Die, in which Vito flees to Dartford, New Hampshire for an unknown reason. Not sure what the hell is going in some of these.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218416
Underboss
Underboss

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218417
01/21/06 08:11 AM
01/21/06 08:11 AM
Underboss
Underboss
And one more I just found, a really good one.

Quite a nasty looking eye injury there. Wonder how it was inflicted?

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218418
01/21/06 09:59 AM
01/21/06 09:59 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Maybe Vito takes a bullet in the eye.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218419
01/21/06 01:33 PM
01/21/06 01:33 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yeah that does kind of look like it might be a Moe Green special.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218420
01/22/06 07:18 PM
01/22/06 07:18 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
hey mista mista is there any word on who might direct the final episode? it would make sense for it to be david chase..but if not i'd like to see buscemi do it.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218421
01/22/06 10:24 PM
01/22/06 10:24 PM
Underboss
Underboss
No, out of the 20 episodes that will make up Season 6, they havent started shooting the last 10, and the airing of the final episode is still over a year away.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218422
01/26/06 02:29 AM
01/26/06 02:29 AM
Underboss
Underboss
FINALLY

This hasn't been officially released by HBO yet, but here it is, a new promotional cast photo. A little small.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218423
01/26/06 02:34 AM
01/26/06 02:34 AM
Underboss
Underboss
I messed with the size and sharpness a little bit.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218424
01/28/06 04:52 PM
01/28/06 04:52 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Supposedly this picture and the one I previously posted confirm the rumor that Vito will somehow lose his left eye, somewhere between episodes 6 and 9, in Boonton. This would seem to say that he didn't flee there simply to avoid trial, as was earlier suspected, but is probably being chased and narrowly avoiding death.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread #218425
01/28/06 04:57 PM
01/28/06 04:57 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Rumor is that there will be an unsuccesful attempt on Johnny Sac's life while he's in prison somewhere in the first few episodes.

I dream in widescreen.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull