GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, BarrettM, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,405
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211075
09/16/02 06:00 PM
09/16/02 06:00 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
It was the numbers for the secret bank accounts.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211076
09/16/02 06:44 PM
09/16/02 06:44 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Maybe I'm totally off base,(won't be the first time ) but before Tony was stashing the money under the floor boards, the television was on and they had a newscast of a "brinks" truck robbery, with thousands (maybe millions) of dollars stolen. It said tne suspects got away. Now, I assumed that's the money Tony was stashing????? Did anyone else get that impression?

TIS
I was thinking that it was shown so Carm remembers how Tony makes his living....Made Carm think about it some more.

Don's don't go out on Brinks truck jobs, they just get there cut tho....

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211077
09/16/02 06:47 PM
09/16/02 06:47 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I have a question; In last nights episode Carmella was talking to Tony about finances,etc and Tony said to her something Like the less she knew the better. Then he said as soon as he had the "numbers" for the bills he'd give her the info (or something like that). I know he means the serial numbers for the bills, but can someone explain to me further what he's talking about? What bills? Not having any experience in counterfeiting, I am kind of confused.

TIS
It was the number for the swiss accounts. He didn't want her to be knowledgeable so the feds could prove tha she knows more then she does.

I would think the lawyer would handle this if something happens to Tony...that is ifhe doesn't steal it first!

Tony does say two ways of going out...Jail or DEAD

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211078
09/16/02 07:38 PM
09/16/02 07:38 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
I liked Carm's new hairdo, and that Daniella is quite a piece of Federal Agent ass. I'd love to see Tony hook up with her and discover the wire when he rips her shirt off.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211079
09/16/02 07:48 PM
09/16/02 07:48 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Don Corpuzzi,

That's kind of what I think may happen. Tony will go for her and find her out. But I think she might end up falling for Tony. And perhaps not bust him. Just a theory!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211080
09/16/02 08:17 PM
09/16/02 08:17 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:

I am sorry to hear about your surgery. I had five operations when I was a baby. Thank God everything is okay now.

Paul
Thanks Paul. Considering I should be dead by now, but
somehow appear to have beaten the odds, I'm not complaining.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211081
09/17/02 10:50 AM
09/17/02 10:50 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
Forget Tony, I want to see Adrianna and the agent hook up.

I forgot all about the capo who flipped. Between him and Adrianna's girlfriend, things are looking grim. Did you see Carmella check herself when she thought Furio was at the door? I hope he doesn't do the foolish thing and eventually get whacked. He's one of the best characters on the show.

Also, I think Paulie is being set up big time. Johnny Sac knows he has him by the tails. He'll end up caught in the middle with no friends.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211082
09/17/02 12:02 PM
09/17/02 12:02 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblong:
Forget Tony, I want to see Adrianna and the agent hook up.

I forgot all about the capo who flipped. Between him and Adrianna's girlfriend, things are looking grim. Did you see Carmella check herself when she thought Furio was at the door? I hope he doesn't do the foolish thing and eventually get whacked. He's one of the best characters on the show.

Also, I think Paulie is being set up big time. Johnny Sac knows he has him by the tails. He'll end up caught in the middle with no friends.
Things looked bad last year when they planted the lamp in Tony's house. But it went no where. Things look worse this season.

I hope nothing happens between Carmella and Furio.
That would be a pretty dumb plot if you ask me.

Johnny Sac is definitely up to something. I think he is more of a threat to Tony right now, than the Feds. Paulie might get caught in the middle, and have to chose sides. In reality, he's too stupid to see that Johnny is using him, which isn't good.
Everyone might be getting set up for a "swerve" though. It looks too obvious that Paulie is going to go against Tony, but in the end, he could be the one that saves Tony's ass if he knows about a move against him.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211083
09/17/02 12:40 PM
09/17/02 12:40 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
I erred in a couple of my posts regarding previews for next episode (got some of who-said-what-to-whom screwed up!). At any rate, for anyone interested, I've since corrected 'em.

Oblong: I totally missed the thing you mentioned about Carmella sprucing up for Furio. Luckily, I taped it, so I'll be sure and check that out (thanks, man!). I hope that doesn't go anywhere. Save for the snortin' coke before Livia's wake, I've had a high regard for Furio. He's one of the few I almost completely trust! I'd hate to see him get whacked, especially for something foolish.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211084
09/17/02 12:46 PM
09/17/02 12:46 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
Johnny Sac is definitely up to something. I think he is more of a threat to Tony right now, than the Feds. Paulie might get caught in the middle, and have to chose sides. In reality, he's too stupid to see that Johnny is using him, which isn't good.
Everyone might be getting set up for a "swerve" though. It looks too obvious that Paulie is going to go against Tony, but in the end, he could be the one that saves Tony's ass if he knows about a move against him.
That last statement's a great speculation, J.L. That never even crossed my mind, and you could be right on the money. Something's definitely gonna happen because there's just too much emphasis being put on Paulie's rubbing elbows with Johnny Sack. And you're right: poor Paulie is naive...ripe pickings for someone as sharp as Johnny Sack.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211085
09/17/02 02:42 PM
09/17/02 02:42 PM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
I think Paulie is naive but he's also loyal and old school. If he thought for a second that something wasn't right with Johnny Sac, I bet he'd warn Tony. His beef with Tony is business. I know that in the mob business is life/death but I don't think we've reached that point yet. I think you guys are on to something. Paulie may be the one to save the day.

What I find interesting is that Chris thinks that he's on the outs with Tony, yet Tony's got big plans for him. Those drugs are messing with his mind. Just like we saw in Goodfellas, they are making him paranoid.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211086
09/17/02 03:03 PM
09/17/02 03:03 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
I think Paulie is naive but he's also loyal and old school. If he thought for a second that something wasn't right with Johnny Sac, I bet he'd warn Tony. His beef with Tony is business. I know that in the mob business is life/death but I don't think we've reached that point yet. I think you guys are on to something. Paulie may be the one to save the day.
I agree with everything you said except I think Paulie is starting to take it personally. When Tony ruled against him he took it personally. He thinks Tony treats him like a child.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211087
09/17/02 03:14 PM
09/17/02 03:14 PM
T
Tattaglia's a Pimp Offline
Button
Tattaglia's a Pimp  Offline
T
Button
While Chris was paranoid, I think killing the cop helped him realize that he isn't on the outs with Tony (hopefully, for him).

Tony is getting a lot more paranoid, though, with the stashing money bit.

I don't understand why they were spending time with the undercover agent's home life. For the first 3 seasons, we know nothing about the Feds, except they bungle everything, and now they are showing us the life of one of the agents? Unless they are building to a Donnie Brasco-ish dilemma for her, there doesn't seem to be a point to making us like the Feds.

He never coulda outfought Santino.
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211088
09/17/02 03:30 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Tattaglia's a Pimp:
While Chris was paranoid, I think killing the cop helped him realize that he isn't on the outs with Tony (hopefully, for him).

I don't understand why they were spending time with the undercover agent's home life. For the first 3 seasons, we know nothing about the Feds, except they bungle everything, and now they are showing us the life of one of the agents? Unless they are building to a Donnie Brasco-ish dilemma for her, there doesn't seem to be a point to making us like the Feds.
Hi,
In season 3 the first episode dealt with the feds and was a bit lame. I thought they were going to repeat the same thing with the premiere of season 4. Thankfully they didn't.

Paul

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211089
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tattaglia's a Pimp:

I think the reason they're showing her homelife is that she's about to change. Something is going to happen with/to her. I don't it's to make us like the feds. It's to set up a future twist. Hopefully it won't just be another lose end.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211090
09/17/02 04:35 PM
09/17/02 04:35 PM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
it could have been for comic relief and to emphasize that she was an agent.

Where did they get those Stewardesses from? How come that never happens when I travel? That was some pretty hot lesbo action, pushing the limits. They fuzzed it out as she went down.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211091
09/17/02 07:24 PM
09/17/02 07:24 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
That was some pretty hot lesbo action, pushing the limits. They fuzzed it out as she went down.
I love lookin' at a good-lookin' lady as much as anyone, but frankly I think they could've done without that scene. It was unrealistic anyway; after all, since when does Tony do nothing but watch??

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211092
09/18/02 01:35 AM
09/18/02 01:35 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Yooz guys (and gals!) are pretty smawt - you're on top of things!

My question is, when are they gonna handle the missing Russian? Obviously that's what's gonna decide Paulie's fate. *sigh* I love Paulie - he can't get whacked!! Johnny Sack probably can't even help him then!

Furio and Carmella - OMG say it isn't so! I don't think it'll go that way (at least I hope not) if she's in such pseudo-denial about Tony's business.

Next week's preview has Meadow saying she's taking a year off school. I guess they want her around the house this season for some reason. Will Chris get her (back) into drugs, like Season 1?

Silvio was busted at the end of Season 3, but we see Paulie in county jail? He's not a rat, now, is he? Is he gonna get whacked so he can have more time for the Bruce tour?

Janice and Ralphie - sheesh! she likes the Aprile crew, eh? That'll get Ralphie whacked, no doubt! But we already knew that was coming at some point!

Bacala a captain? Holy spummoni - fuggedaboutit! (He's lost TONS of weight, though! But I think he gave it all to Janice )

Ahh well - it's only the first episode... we'll see, pop, we'll see! (And we'll see our predictions - those without "edited by" in them - like mine )

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211093
09/18/02 01:46 AM
09/18/02 01:46 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
PS The Official Sopranos Site lists Silvio as Tony's consiglieri - that's some bump!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211094
09/18/02 08:19 AM
09/18/02 08:19 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
JGeoff, he's been consiglieri since early season 2. Remember when he bumped up Paulie and Silvio but not Pussy? That's when the change occured, I think.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211095
09/18/02 10:38 AM
09/18/02 10:38 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I thought Sil and Paulie were both bumped up to captain - they were equal. But now Sil is consiglieri, and there's only one of those...

JG

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211096
09/18/02 10:56 AM
09/18/02 10:56 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I thought Sil and Paulie were both bumped up to captain - they were equal. But now Sil is consiglieri, and there's only one of those...
JG
I know Sil has been listed as Consiglieri for a while now. I don't remember if they ever showed anything on the show, of him him getting the position.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211097
09/18/02 06:09 PM
09/18/02 06:09 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
Rucker's book also listed Silvio as consigliere, but as I said, it's been inaccurate time and again on other matters. The ol' FBI bulletin board listed Baccala as a mere "soldier," so I'm not sure what his promotion title is. BTW, J Geoff: Paulie was busted on a weapons possession charge (the weapon had been used in a murder 8 years before), but you may have caught that. At any rate, I'd heard somewhere that Tony Sirico refused to play a character if the role ended up turning into a rat. Could be just a rumor, though. Also, according to the TV Guide Companion for the show (again, not the most accurate publication), the missing Russian isn't even going to make an appearance this season. I don't know if that means he died somewhere, or they're just going to leave another "loose end." Mighty large end to leave loose, though, if ya' ask me. Well, as you stated, "we'll see."

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211098
09/19/02 10:52 AM
09/19/02 10:52 AM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
This is my understanding. I believe Silvio has been consiglere for awhile. During Season 1, when Junior was officially in charge - Tony would not have had a consiglere. I guess Silvio was officially just a soldier in Season 1, same as Paulie.

But thinking back to Season 1, Tony would sometimes discuss things with Silvio, before the others. In Season 1 Tony was often running things. (While Jackie Aprile was ill and then behind Junior's back after Junior becomes boss.)

Silvio's advisory role would have officially turned into consiglere after Junior becomes a guest of the government and Tony becames the official 'street' boss. I think its never officially confirmed in the show - just assumed that we understand this when Season 2 is underway.

Thinking back to the third episode of Season 2, remember that scene when Richie Aprile is supposed to talk to Tony outside Satrioles.When Richie starts talking about getting his action back, Tony walks off and just says 'Sil.'Silvio sits infront of Richie and tells him that "No more talkin business with the skipper directly anymore, U can talk to him, but not now and never here!!

I think it's very significant that it is Silvio who steps in here, acting like a consiglere might do. This is before Paulie gets upped to Capo in Season 2, Episode 5 and suggests to me that Silvio is more senior to Paulie until that point.

Also, I think it was significant in Season 2 that some of Pussy's resentment is directed at Paulie. Particularly when Paulie gets upped to 'Capo.' In Season 2, fifth episode - Pussy is talking to his FBI handler Skip about the way he is now being treated. He says "Silvio, I understand, but Paulie." Skip dismisses it with his comment that Paulie is probably just "dizzy from too much hairspray." (Of course if Pussy had not gone AWOL in Season 1 and been under serious suspicion ever since then, I think Tony would have upped him rather than Paulie. Not that Paulie's slightly nuts or anything )

So I think Silvio is officially consiglere, as soon as Junior is imprisoned at end of Season 1 - when Tony becomes the boss.

But I could be wrong.

(P.S - Sorry about the long answer)

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211099
09/19/02 12:12 PM
09/19/02 12:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:

(copied from the HBO website):

Silvio's function in the Soprano crew is as consigliere to Tony, a task to which he's well suited. Like the other members of Tony's inner circle, he's been around the business his entire life. Unlike Tony's other confidantes, however, Silvio is not a slave to his impulses. He's an even-tempered, reasonable man; capable of seeing a situation from all angles and giving Tony a solid read of it.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211100
09/19/02 03:01 PM
09/19/02 03:01 PM
NJ
smr-nj Offline
Wiseguy
smr-nj  Offline
Wiseguy
NJ
Hey, to any of the other ladies here on the forum, I've got to ask........

Am I the only one that noticed Carmela "primping" in the window of her oven when she heard the knock on the door, and Christopher walked in?
She immediately asked " Where's Furio ? "

Carmela's got the hots for Furio.... Wonder if it's an affair waiting to happen?

- Sue

btw, a friend just recommended this site to me. I've just checked around here a bit, and I dig it.
You guys look like you have some interesting discussions.

Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always, always cheat.
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211101
09/19/02 03:15 PM
09/19/02 03:15 PM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
Hey, this is my girl Sue here. Youse guys all better be good. She's from Jersey and I always tease her about being related to Paulie Walnuts. She'll put a hit on you so fast... It won't be a Jackie Jr. type hit, more like a Matt Bevilaqua here's your last drink type of hit.

Expect to see more of the both of us now that the Sopranos are on full time. That's the best show on TV and this is a great way to share in it.

Actually Sue teases me for wishing I was Italian.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211102
09/19/02 03:19 PM
09/19/02 03:19 PM
NJ
smr-nj Offline
Wiseguy
smr-nj  Offline
Wiseguy
NJ
Ha.
I told ya , Rob.... I'm making you an honorary paisan (I'll adopt you - I can use another brother) and when you come to Jersey on business I'll show you what REAL Italian food tastes like.

(... Detroit : Land of Little Caesar's pizza. Yeah. Like that looks edible. :rolleyes: )

ciao, bella.

-Sue

Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always, always cheat.
Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211103
09/19/02 03:24 PM
09/19/02 03:24 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by smr-nj:
Carmela's got the hots for Furio.... Wonder if it's an affair waiting to happen?
First it was Father Phil, now Furio.....I think Carm has an "F" fetish. :rolleyes:

I don't think anything would come of it.....Furio ain't that stupid.

Welcome to the boards, Sue.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) #211104
09/19/02 03:29 PM
09/19/02 03:29 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
Welcome to the board Sue. I once lived across the river from you in New York.

Paul

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull