GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 266 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,888
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,648
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209636
04/13/06 03:37 PM
04/13/06 03:37 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Dominic Corleone  Offline
Button
Corleone, Sicily
What follows according to Puzo and Coppola is not exactly known. However, on The Godfather Part III's DVD commentary, Coppola explains that both he and Puzo had envisioned a fourth part to the saga, one storyline of which would deal with Vincent's running of the Corleone family. Vincent, in antagonism to the 'morals' of his predecessors, was to have involved the family in filthy businesses including drug dealing, driving the Corleone clan into corruption, sleaze and their eventual decline, with Vincent finally being hunted down and killed in a manner similar to the death of columbian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

The character of Vincent Corleone was said by Coppola to, roughly speaking, amalgamate the males of the Corleone Family. Whilst this concept is arguable among fans, Coppola describes Vincent as having the cunning of Vito, the ruthlessness of Michael, the sensitivity of Fredo and the fiery temper of Sonny.

All right, you are what you are. It’s your nature. You stay close to me. You don’t do anything. You keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open. And you do what I tell you. Understand?
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209637
04/13/06 04:56 PM
04/13/06 04:56 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
I think Vincent grew up a lot during Part III. I mean he is still a hot-head just like dear old dad, but to plunge the family into drugs and corruption seems a little far-fetched IMO.

I think he could try to keep the family afloat and eventually be pulled down by drugs and corruption but to have him get willingly involved in that business seems out of character from what I remember of him at the end of Part III.

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209638
04/18/06 05:38 PM
04/18/06 05:38 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Button
Corleone, Sicily
a rebuttal on my previous statement
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
[/qb]
Why does everyone have to be relatives of former Corleone Family members? [/QB][/QUOTE]

question then - wasnt Clemenza Don after Mike left and then (not everone's favorite charater) Dominick "Nick" Geraci

All right, you are what you are. It’s your nature. You stay close to me. You don’t do anything. You keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open. And you do what I tell you. Understand?
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209639
04/19/06 10:17 AM
04/19/06 10:17 AM
New Market, MD
Underboss
Underboss
New Market, MD
Nick Geraci is a friggin' joke. Winegardener could have at least used someone from the Part II FBI chart and made up a back story for them.

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209640
04/19/06 05:23 PM
04/19/06 05:23 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Button
Corleone, Sicily
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
Nick Geraci is a friggin' joke. Winegardener could have at least used someone from the Part II FBI chart and made up a back story for them.
i agree with you 100 percent

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209641
04/27/06 04:57 AM
04/27/06 04:57 AM
Clara Offline
Wiseguy
Clara  Offline
Wiseguy
I think Vincent would have been a good Don.

Although I think ‘they’ weren’t going to make it easy on him… so he was probably going to be forced to ‘prove’ himself, maybe even in the way Michael did in GFI.

The fact that Michael found peace in Sicily tells me he had faith in Vincent and therefore ‘the family’ didn’t need his protection anymore. I don’t believe he would allow quarrels between ‘brothers’. The Corleone’s are Sicilian and therefore as Michael had appointed Vincent as his follower that decision was to be respected.

But… when Michael dies… then the trouble starts for Vincent. Other families start questioning him… after all he is a ‘bastardo’. Vincent was tutored well; Michael probably gave him Vito’s legacy, the wisdom, the vigilance, the brilliance of outsmarting…

Vincent was probably going to have a hard time, maybe even people in his surroundings would betray him… men he doubted showed to be faithful… and the game was also becoming more complicated and dangerous as other nations become powerful not to forget that Narcotics was going to reign the ‘Underworld’.
But I think as he is a Corleone – he was to survive and live up the Corleone reputation.

Was he going to live long enough to become old as well? I don’t know. But if he uses the knowledge that was given to him… yes…. I believe he would make it… who knows… maybe even have same ambitions as Michael – make the ‘family businesses legitimate.

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking"
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209642
04/27/06 09:00 AM
04/27/06 09:00 AM
New Market, MD
Underboss
Underboss
New Market, MD
I don't think Michael found peace in Sicily. He probably lived out the last few years of his life a tortured soul. I think I read somewhere that FFC wanted to imply that he even went blind.

It is also rumored that Vincent plunged the family into drugs and they were going to base his time as Don on Pablo Escobar.

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209643
04/27/06 09:16 AM
04/27/06 09:16 AM
Clara Offline
Wiseguy
Clara  Offline
Wiseguy
Where do you find all these information? LOL

Well… if Michael had spent his last days on earth as a tortured soul and above all was blind – that I can not imagine… I cant, I wont!

That Vincent plunged the family into drugs was predictable – he had no choice. If he wanted the family to be strong he was obliged to go along… Narcotics were the future in Michael’s young days… in Vincent’s days – reality. He must have worked with Pablo Escobar, but I don’t believe ‘under’ him…

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking"
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209644
08/23/06 08:07 AM
08/23/06 08:07 AM
rion Offline
Associate
rion  Offline
Associate
frensis ford cappola will make gf4? or not.

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209645
08/29/06 06:04 PM
08/29/06 06:04 PM
UK
Paul Krendler Offline
The Dude
Paul Krendler  Offline
The Dude
UK
I was watching GFIII last night and one line resonated with me - Michael tells Vincent that he is the only one left in the family with his father's strength. Do you think this is true? It also surprises me that the sole remaining heir to the Corleone dynasty turns out to be Sonny's bastard child (no disrespect intended)

"I'm sorry if your stepmother is a nympho but I don't see what this has to do with, uh... do you have any Kalhua?"
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE #209646
08/30/06 07:23 AM
08/30/06 07:23 AM
The Corleone Compound
The Don of Bball Offline
Wiseguy
The Don of Bball  Offline
Wiseguy
The Corleone Compound
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Krendler:
I was watching GFIII last night and one line resonated with me - Michael tells Vincent that he is the only one left in the family with his father's strength. Do you think this is true? It also surprises me that the sole remaining heir to the Corleone dynasty turns out to be Sonny's bastard child (no disrespect intended)
Connie told Vincent that.

Every man has but one destiny.
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: Dominic Corleone] #345412
11/25/06 11:17 AM
11/25/06 11:17 AM
A
Anoop Offline
Associate
Anoop  Offline
A
Associate
Too bad man....this is an example of how ppl r screwing up wid the story be it FFC wid GF4 or the stupid author of Godfather Returns...or whatever the name's......stop it guys....the Mario Puzo--FFC saga is a classic

"Never hate your enemies...
it affects your judgement"----Don corleone
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: Dominic Corleone] #360075
01/31/07 06:48 PM
01/31/07 06:48 PM
Southampton, England
DonPacino Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
DonPacino  Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
Capo
Southampton, England
Originally Posted By: Dominic Corleone
So a struggle for control - Between Vincent and his brothers Frank and Santino "Chip" Corleone. not bad idea.

I think Vincent takes michael's teachings - and keeps the corleone family strong for the next 35 years. he goes to war with the russians, the asians, and the other families through out his years as don. (Vincent "Vincenzo Corleone" Mancini: DON 1980-??)

THE CORLEONE FAMILY 1980-?

Vincent “Vincenzo Corleone” Mancini: (32yrs) New York Don of the Corleone Family 1980-?

Frank Corleone: (40) Caporegime: head of security for Family Interests, other security details as needed

Santino Corleone (35) Soldato under his brother Frank

Victor Rizzi: (31) ?
Michael Francis Rizzi: (25) ?

Frank Hagen: (40) Consigliore and family lawyer

Dominic Corleone: 4 years old – 1st born son of Vincent

Santino Corleone: 1years old – 2nd born son of Vincent

??Salvatore Pentageli (no Brasi): 4years old –grandson of Frank (Franki Five angels) Pentageli - parents murdered by unknown assailants – Vincent takes the boy in. (stood as Godfather)??

Mario Clemenza: (35) Caporegime: grandson to Pete Clemenza

Paolo Clemenza: (31) Soldato under his brother Mario, grandson to Pete Clemenza

Tommy Neri: (?) Caporegime: and nephew of Al Neri (have nt read godfather returns yet - so not sure if he is alive or not)

I don't understand why just because their family members where capos and consiglorie's why relatuves have to have the same job.

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: DonPacino] #360078
01/31/07 07:07 PM
01/31/07 07:07 PM
Dakosta Offline
Button
Dakosta  Offline
Button
I agree with you. To be a relative doesn't mean to have the same place in the family. I think it would be better change it

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: Dakosta] #361809
02/07/07 03:25 PM
02/07/07 03:25 PM
Southampton, England
DonPacino Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
DonPacino  Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
Capo
Southampton, England
Vincent should be killed by Ellis Island in the same room Vito sat in at the beginning of GFII.

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: DonPacino] #361921
02/07/07 08:09 PM
02/07/07 08:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That would be a problem Don Pacino.
Ellis Island was only used sporadically after the immigration quota laws were passed in 1924. As of 1966 it has been listed on the National Register Of Historic Places.
Meaning, it was closed long before Vincent was an itch in Sonny's pants or Lucy Mancini's bridesmaid's dress

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: pizzaboy] #362036
02/08/07 05:28 AM
02/08/07 05:28 AM
Southampton, England
DonPacino Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
DonPacino  Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
Capo
Southampton, England

Meaning, it was closed long before Vincent was an itch in Sonny's pants or Lucy Mancini's bridesmaid's dress [/quote]

Re: VINCENT CORLEONE [Re: DonPacino] #467909
01/27/08 07:03 PM
01/27/08 07:03 PM
R
Roni Offline
Associate
Roni  Offline
R
Associate
Vincent takes over the family with Connie and her children and Sonny's other children at their side. Some legit, some not. One on the police force would be interesting.

After his sister's murder and Michael's death, Anthony finally becomes a lawyer. He and Tom's son (the priest) always trying to get the family to go completely legit (Michael's dream). (Gotta have some good stuff going on. lol)

All of the five families have sons or daughters as head. Some of them appear to be on the up and up with the Corleone's. Others aren't and are going for revenge because of their fathers' murders. The families that appear to be okay, help get rid of the other families.

Joey Z's family/people try to kill off Connie and Vincent to avenge Joey's murder.

I'd love to see Al Pacino back in the film. As who, I don't know. One of Pop's illegimate children? Or from Michael's past when he was in the military.

That's all I can think of. Oh, Kate and Connie are always at odds because Kate wants the Corleone family completely legit. Because, "this must all end!"

Finally the family becomes legit.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull