GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 187 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,933
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,920
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
would pacino even be in part four? #208155
08/22/03 01:41 PM
08/22/03 01:41 PM
London
Michael Montana Mancini Offline OP
Capo
Michael Montana Mancini  Offline OP
Capo
London
if part four did happen would it be inappropriate for michael to figure after his death was shown.

I Say we take Zasa OUT
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208156
08/22/03 04:46 PM
08/22/03 04:46 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
It would be Fucked up deyond all recognition (FUBAR)

I mean COME ON!

We know hes dead so why see what he does between his death and the Palermo Murder of his daughter?

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208157
08/22/03 08:33 PM
08/22/03 08:33 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Although I share everyone's skepticism over a GFIV, part of me still wants it. However, I have always thought they should cover Vito's rise to power and his young family.

It would be a mistake tho to put Pacino in the film. He would be too old to be young Michael. The only option is to have another actor portray Michael at a younger age. If they go forward in series from the Vincent era, there's no way they can bring Michael back. He's dead and it would be laughable. Sort of like the "dream sequence" in Dalls.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208158
08/22/03 08:42 PM
08/22/03 08:42 PM
Cincinnati
DannyMontana Offline
Underboss
DannyMontana  Offline
Underboss
Cincinnati
Maybe they can make a movie about Michael when he was a kid and whenever he got picked on and was scheduled to fight the bully at school but for some strange reason no one would ever see the bullies again

George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.

-Slater "Dazed and Confused"
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208159
09/18/03 10:37 AM
09/18/03 10:37 AM
London / Kuala Lumpur
B
Biggy Offline
Associate
Biggy  Offline
B
Associate
London / Kuala Lumpur
I don't think it would be appropriate to have Pacino in part IV, if they make it. It just doesn't make sense for him to be in it.
1) He would be too old to play in the movie and his character as 'Michael' is dead in part III.
2) The part 'Michael' cannot be shown at his younger age cos he didn't rise from a scrappy person in a bad neighbourhood and became a mafia. His character is different than Vito.
I think that if they were to make part IV, they should concentrate on Vincent in the present world and all the other family members. If they want to portray the past, they should focus on Sonny and the brothers and maybe Vito as well.

After all, Vincent is Sonny's boy.

Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208160
09/20/03 04:56 PM
09/20/03 04:56 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Although I share everyone's skepticism over a GFIV, part of me still wants it. However, I have always thought they should cover Vito's rise to power and his young family.

It would be a mistake tho to put Pacino in the film. He would be too old to be young Michael. The only option is to have another actor portray Michael at a younger age. If they go forward in series from the Vincent era, there's no way they can bring Michael back. He's dead and it would be laughable. Sort of like the "dream sequence" in Dalls.

TIS
if they'd want someone who they think LOOKS like pacino, then they should get matthew broderick. i know he's not nearly as good of an actor, but he resembles a younger michael. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208161
09/23/03 08:56 PM
09/23/03 08:56 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
A Godfather movie without Al Pacino would be ridiculous and I think we all should pray every night for GF4 not to be made. The most of the Godfather fans don't want it, and like what happened to GF3, they could make the best movie ever, it would be always underrated.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208162
09/23/03 09:55 PM
09/23/03 09:55 PM
Cincinnati
DannyMontana Offline
Underboss
DannyMontana  Offline
Underboss
Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] Although I share everyone's skepticism over a GFIV, part of me still wants it. However, I have always thought they should cover Vito's rise to power and his young family.

TIS
if they'd want someone who they think LOOKS like pacino, then they should get matthew broderick. i know he's not nearly as good of an actor, but he resembles a younger michael. -Pat [/b][/quote]He isn't as good as Pacino, Yes. But Matthew Broderick is a really great actor

George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.

-Slater "Dazed and Confused"
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208163
09/24/03 05:49 PM
09/24/03 05:49 PM
Austin, Texas
jay Offline
Made Member
jay  Offline
Made Member
Austin, Texas
i don't see the physical resemblance....but more importantly....i don't agree that he's a great actor.
pacino not being in it would make the movie worse....but ofcourse...i'm goign to assume he's not going to be in it.
they shoudln't do the movie if they can't get garcia or someone to play young sonny (di caprio is right now at the head of that race).....but i really think they need di niro to play an older vito. i think he'd be great for it....and if he doesn't....then i think the movie will suffer more...but if he's in it...people may consider putting it in a league with godfather part III....but of course never touching part I and II. if they could somehow get pacino to get on board....man....this movie would have some serious potential. i'd say it would be possible if they get di niro, pacino, talia shire, garcia, and di caprio....not only would this bring in serious money....it may be better than part III.
the plot line they could use.....focus on tiem period after mary's death and pacino's death...focusing on vincent and pacino and talia shire. then they could do flashbacks to a young sonny (ci caprio) and this would be when michael is just starting college or something....and the don would be di niro.

if wishes were horses, beggars would ride
Re: would pacino even be in part four? #208164
10/04/03 07:00 PM
10/04/03 07:00 PM
Davis, CA
beatlewho01-02 Offline
Capo
beatlewho01-02  Offline
Capo
Davis, CA
Actually, the year that Michael died is 1997, at least according to the GF family tree(see the bonus material DVD with the box set). And Mary died in 1979. That's a 18 year gap. Pacino can definetely reprise Michael Corleone, but it may be more like a cameo or something.

I'm posting on my blog again-

http://www.blogomonster.com/thesane1

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull