GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 158 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,242
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I wouldn't mind a Godfather IV #207729
04/12/03 10:05 PM
04/12/03 10:05 PM
Don Aleksandr Offline OP
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline OP
Made Member
I noticed that many people have said that the reason GFIV shouldn't be made is because it has no way of competing with the first two, my rebuttle to this is:"So what?!". I'm a die hard GF fan and nothing can ruin it for me. I agree with the fact that it will in no way compete with the first two but I would much rather watch GF4 then, "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days", or any other movie thats out.

"Fredo -- you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone
against the Family again. Ever."

"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."
Re: I wouldn't mind a Godfather IV #207730
04/13/03 02:01 AM
04/13/03 02:01 AM
Michigan
Hollywood Hagan Offline
Underboss
Hollywood Hagan  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
You are treading on sacred ground. The Godfather and Part 2 are among the best motion pictures ever made. Although I love Part 3 also, even it pales in comparison to the first 2. With Michael dead, the emotional final scene in the Trilogy should be just that, final.

With no Michael, there is no Godfather. Also, Mario Puzo has passed away. I want no part of a Godfather film that does not have Puzo's intake. Also, FFC has expressed a desire to keep the trilogy as it is, which is a classic materpiece of film making.

Although I would LOVE more Godfather, it should not be done. Leave everything else up to the imagination. Do not ruin the legacy by creating a film without Puzo. Do not make a Godfather film without Pacino as Michael.

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
Re: I wouldn't mind a Godfather IV #207731
04/13/03 06:54 AM
04/13/03 06:54 AM
Dublin, Ireland
Vito's Legacy Offline
'Family' Man
Vito's Legacy  Offline
'Family' Man
Capo
Dublin, Ireland
To expand on Hollywood Hagen's point, there should be no Godfather film without Al Pacino as Michael Corleone. The trilogy is about Michael, the central focus should always be on Michael, it tells us of how his decision and actions as Don Corleone ruined his life and effected the people he loved.

And that story has been told. Michael has paid for his past sins with the death of his daughter, and has lived out his life agonising over his past failures. Why Part IV? All Part IV would do is "fill in the blanks" if you will, of the Family's rise to power in the underworld in the 30s, and how Vincent brings The Family to ruins in the 90s. Is this necessary? The Trilogy seems to work fine without the material we will see in a Part IV.

But hey, it's great fun knocking about Part IV ideas here on the board, (hell I'm writing one now!), but there really should be no Part IV without Mario Puzo. With his vision we got three great movies, which we'll treasure for years to come. And Michael's story, through the trilogy, has been told, and as I've stressed before, his character and story-arc are complete.

"Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately..." wink
Re: I wouldn't mind a Godfather IV #207732
04/13/03 12:03 PM
04/13/03 12:03 PM
Don Aleksandr Offline OP
Made Member
Don Aleksandr  Offline OP
Made Member
You know what, you two are right. I just read over what you guys said and I agree with you. The Godfather is a story about Michael rise and fall and shouldn't be tampered with. I also agree with you on the Mario Puzo point. Few have the talent that he had. I think the reason I want a Godfather IV is because no other movies could be better then the Godfather and I want the story to continue.

"Fredo -- you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone
against the Family again. Ever."

"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."
Re: I wouldn't mind a Godfather IV #207733
04/13/03 05:38 PM
04/13/03 05:38 PM
Dublin, Ireland
Vito's Legacy Offline
'Family' Man
Vito's Legacy  Offline
'Family' Man
Capo
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Aleksandr:
I also agree with you on the Mario Puzo point. Few have the talent that he had. I think the reason I want a Godfather IV is because no other movies could be better then the Godfather and I want the story to continue.
On Mario Puzo... and I can't confirm this as I've heard it second-hand, but I believe Puzo himself wanted to continue the story with a Part IV and even wrote an outline for it. Basically, the structure was similar to Part II, where we see Sonny's rise to glory in the family business in the 1930s, and then we see Don Vincent bring the family business to ruins in the 1990s.

But some reports say that FFC has no interest in doing a Part IV, especially with Puzo'z passing, so I think it's best that we leave the trilogy as it is, the complete story of Michael Corleone and Puzo's legacy living on in those three films.

"Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately..." wink

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull