GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,869
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207639
01/31/03 01:44 AM
01/31/03 01:44 AM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline OP
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline OP
Button
New Jersey
To the advice of M.M. Floors, I moved this post to this board. I hope I get a better reponse here, and thanks to the one guy in The Godfather Trilogy board who responded. Jesus, that sounded sarcastic, didn't it? I'm not like an asshole or anything, I'm just looking for reponses. Hey, it's my first post...

Your Ideas For Godfather IV (script is in the works)

1) what would you call it?

2) who would you want to play Sonny, the star (of the 1920's part. We already know Andy Garcia will still be Vincent)?

3) who would you want to play the supporting cast?

4) what twists and other ideas do you think should happen in the movie?

my answers:
1) Either the "Godfather IV", because it's too late to turn back now from the Roman numerals, or something really cool like "The Rise And Fall Of The Corleones" or something like that.
I still think Godfather III should've been called "The Death Of Michael Corleone". But since it isnt, Godfather 4 should be called Godfather IV.

2) James Franco would be nice, if he died his hair and made it curly. I've actually never seen James Caan's son, so I can't tell if I want him in this.

3) DeNiro's getting a little old now, but if they could make Marlon Brando look real old for the Godfather, I'm sure they can make DeNiro look young again. Or they could just have a CGI Godfather...like Jabba The Hutt. We need a fat actor to play Clemanzo's descent into fatness...like a younger Big Pussy from the Soprano to play him

4) I'm looking forward to some real cool death scenes. And the whole prohibition roaring 20's mafia high times is something I'm looking forward to. And when they do the cocaine crazy 80's it should be interesting...maybe they can incorporate Pablo Escobar or something. Like the Mafia has to kill an Hispanic coke baron to run narcotic distribution. Viva Andy Garcia!

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

My favorite band es the Beatles
My favorite musicain es Nas
I like a lot of music...
Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207640
02/06/03 12:06 PM
02/06/03 12:06 PM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline OP
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline OP
Button
New Jersey
up this

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

I like a lot of music...
Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207641
02/07/03 07:05 PM
02/07/03 07:05 PM
dgf
mikey_likes_it Offline
Wiseguy
mikey_likes_it  Offline
Wiseguy
dgf
My idea is.... THERE SHOULDN'T BE A GF4

HMMM!! LIFE CEREAL!!!!
Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207642
02/09/03 11:10 PM
02/09/03 11:10 PM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline OP
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline OP
Button
New Jersey
ah lei il bastardo, the post is failed

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

I like a lot of music...
Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207643
02/10/03 12:53 AM
02/10/03 12:53 AM
Atlanta, GA
Joey Corleone Offline
Associate
Joey Corleone  Offline
Associate
Atlanta, GA
Your Ideas For Godfather IV (script is in the works)

1) what would you call it?

Definitely, Godfather Part IV

2) who would you want to play Sonny, the star (of the 1920's part.

I heard that Leo Decaprio would be a possible Sonny, but if Edward Norton could somehow be involved, I think he would be fantastic. However, Leo could probably pull it off, and I used to hate him, until I saw CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. Not sure who could play a young Fredo as John Cazale was amazing and had a unique look. The resemblences would have to be strong.....

3) who would you want to play the supporting cast?

Again, get Ed Norton in there, he could probably even play Fredo for all we know. I like the idea of James Franco even as Sonny (no pun intended since he is starring in Sonny directed by Nicolas Cage). James Caan's son Scott (I think is his name) probably wouldn't be appropriate. I think DeNiro could play Vito before he got older and pull it off, he is notorious for taking great care of himself and can do amazing things with his appearance. If only Johnny Depp were younger, I think he would be a great Michael Corleone, but that would be stretching it.

4) what twists and other ideas do you think should happen in the movie?

It would be fun to watch Santino be more sinister than Godfather ever made him out to be. Watching him whack someone with Clemenza would be an interesting touch. His temper would have to be addressed, along with with the fact that he is quite Well endowed (at least according to the book) and popular with the women, if you know what I mean.

Joey Corleone
Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207644
02/17/03 01:46 AM
02/17/03 01:46 AM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline OP
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline OP
Button
New Jersey
ah see, now that was a nice reply

I like your idea of having us see Sonny kill someone. We all saw Michael's first kill, so I think it would be interesting to see Sonny pull the trigger in the roaring 20's.
And I could SORTA see Edward Norton playing a mobster

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

I like a lot of music...
Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207645
02/18/03 05:57 PM
02/18/03 05:57 PM
Brasi80 Offline
Associate
Brasi80  Offline
Associate
I always wanted to see more of Luca Brasi. If they do make a fourth, I hope they get a little more detailed as to how he became the feared right hand man of vito. I never thought that the movie did his character justice. I hope they go into more detail like the novel.

Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207646
02/18/03 10:43 PM
02/18/03 10:43 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Welcome Brasi80,

I'd like to see that scene that Michael talks about to Kay at Connie's wedding..."Luca Brase held a gun to his head, and my father said either your brains or your signature will be on that contract." Remember that? I wouldn't mind seeing on film the full story behind that.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207647
02/19/03 02:03 PM
02/19/03 02:03 PM
Brasi80 Offline
Associate
Brasi80  Offline
Associate
Yes, I definatly agree. there is also some other scenes in the novel that I would love to see on film,but we can only hope.
Thanks for welcoming me.

Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207648
02/19/03 06:34 PM
02/19/03 06:34 PM
Florida
Mardini Offline
Underboss
Mardini  Offline
Underboss
Florida
You know who can play Luca Brasi? Steve Schirripa, the guy who plays Bobby Bacala in the Sopranos. I think he looks alot like him. What do you all think?

Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207649
02/19/03 11:21 PM
02/19/03 11:21 PM
London, Ontario, Canada
Abbott S. Sholdice Offline
Wiseguy
Abbott S. Sholdice  Offline
Wiseguy
London, Ontario, Canada
I thought I would post a reply to the invitation to post a GF IV. My topic came off the board last month. Only Pherdy and Greta Von Wal responded. My version is based on the original release of I, II, III. Micheal carries on after overcoming his illness in part III. He has transferred the Corleone fortune into legitimate assets and is now looking for revenge for Mary. GF IV, Vincent, is not a Don. I am not sure where the obsession with that is in the trilogy. He is addressed as Don at Don Tomasino's funeral after he was made a Corleone by Micheal. Micheal is still the Don and in more control then people know. Mary's death was the price for his sin and he achieves a kind of redemption both for himself and Vito. There is also a Vito section. Running molasses into Canada, the making of Los Vegas, the family, the roman empire.

Here is the original promo concept I have already envisioned.

Sequel to "The Godfather"

The Godfather: IV
In the struggle for supreme power some men just don't make it

Stars: Al Pacino as Michael Corleone now famous as an international financier.
Catherine Zeta Jones as the new Corleone heiress, his new wife Karen.

Poster: Main Photographic Promotion
Michael Corleone reclining on the settee on the upper deck on his one hundred eighty foot Ferretti motor cruiser. Monte Carlo is in the background. Clouds are reflected in his mirrored sun glasses. His suit beige, and shirt ruffled relax the blacker funerary godfather image.
Michael recalls the past in flashbacks, "Michael, reclining on the sofa, feels pangs of remorse from memories of his daughter's murder and funeral. Abstractedly and becalmedly he sinks into these past events."

Final scene: Camera: Helicopter Pullback from Roman hilltop, the city bathed in red sunset against the last of the days blue sky.
Scene: Michael's patio at his colonnade, white marble villa, mountaintop with a long winding drive and cast iron perimeter fence.
In Michael's most stirring flashback he recalls his daughters' death in his arms on the steps at the Palermo Opera House twenty-four years before.
The camera pulls back from his eyes and face, shot with the blue sky around his head like a halo. Smoothly , without cuts, the pullback to a pan of Rome begins.
Some of Michael's grandchildren run to him, at play with a ball, Michael kicks it and they run after it.
Note: could use filter on camera lens for good rich red effect and a possible blue intensifier (yellow).

Plot: Anthony; Michael and Kay's son, the one singing the opera performance on the night of their daughter Mary's murder on the steps of the Palermo opera house assumes the role of head of the Corleone family. After Anthony has a successful career as an opera singer he goes back to school and gets his business degree at Harvard like Michael had. Michael appoints Anthony to position of chief executive of the Corleone empire while he retires to be the Chairman of the Board.

Vincent: (Andy Garcia) Vincent fades from the limelight as Michael's top man . The subtleties of the business decision making eventually alienates Vincent from the top circle that runs Michael's and the Corleone families' thirteen billion dollar financial empire. Vincent is eventually assassinated by Corleone family enemies while on a business trip to Venice. He is blown through the balcony doors and into the canal by a shotgun blast. Vincent is last seen floating down the canal on a sunny day, gondolas passing in the background, the pool of dark blood surrounding his body growing ever larger. Vincent's funeral is the second about half way through "The Godfather Part IV". A flashback of Mary's funeral is the first.

Mary: Mary's funeral is the low point of Michael's life. He debates with Kay committing suicide, he holds a 45. caliber automatic pistol to his own head, and says that he is going to pull the trigger if Mary does not come back. Kay runs out of Michael's office in New York; they do not see each other again until a stock brokers meeting years later. Michael is eventually crushed by finding out Mary was killed by the same family of Italian mobsters that bombed his first wife years before. Michael cries tears and swears revenge.

Re: Your Ideas For Godfather IV #207650
03/06/03 12:13 PM
03/06/03 12:13 PM
cannoli Offline
Made Member
cannoli  Offline
Made Member
There seems to be a lot of these threads floating around, so I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this.

If there is to be a GFIV, I really, really DO NOT want Vinnie Mancini in it AT ALL. I thought the whole idea of Vinnie was a stretch, and it really ruined GFIII for me.

Second, it's been a long time since I read the book, but I don't recall (and I could be wrong) Lucy being pregnant when she meets the gynocologist. And while I understand the movie and the book are separate entities, one really DOES have to serve as a starting point for the other.

Third, I didn't like him. He was drawn to be the same kind of impulsive hothead his father was, which means that shortly after the botched assassination attempt on Michael, he would have done something totally stupid and reckless, and been killed himself.

If there has to be one, I'd like to see one of two things: Either a movie that highlights the missing years between the pre-quel scenes of GFII and the main thrust of GFI (Don Corleone's rise in organized crime, some of the wars he fought along the way, an enactment of the "bandleader" scene with Johnny Fontaine, etc.); OR a "what happens to Michael between the end of GFII and the beginning of GFIII." prequel. He's aged considerably, and for a guy who ended GFII so desolate and alone, he sure as hell got a lot of friends and had a personality transplant between the two movies.

Forget Vincent. He is to the Corleone Family was Joey Zaza was to the plot to tear it apart in GFIII -- small potatos.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull