GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,869
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207526
12/20/02 01:32 PM
12/20/02 01:32 PM
Puppeteer Offline OP
Underboss
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Underboss
I'm interested in seeing people choose a plot/subplot that is most important to them, should a new novel and/or GF4 come out. There are many posts on GF4 storylines/scripts/ideas, but I'd like to condense them and see which is voted as #1 by the best Godfather fans in the world! Actual numbers can give us a better picture of what most fans want.

-A Streetcar Named Desire-

Stanley: You want a shot? (offers liquor)
Blanche: No, I rarely touch it.
Stanley: There's some people that rarely touch it, but it touches them often.
Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207527
12/20/02 02:06 PM
12/20/02 02:06 PM
Florida
Mardini Offline
Underboss
Mardini  Offline
Underboss
Florida
I voted for the first one. But i think if it's based on the missing years, it would also cover your 2nd and last choice.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207528
12/20/02 02:42 PM
12/20/02 02:42 PM
Puppeteer Offline OP
Underboss
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Mardini:
I voted for the first one. But i think if it's based on the missing years, it would also cover your 2nd and last choice.
Very true. But, the 2nd and last choices (and other choices) could be like subplots under the main theme that people choose to vote for.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207529
12/20/02 06:39 PM
12/20/02 06:39 PM
connecticut
drex Offline
Made Member
drex  Offline
Made Member
connecticut
i picked out the vincent one cuase i think that they could brach of it in many different ways and could have a hole other series

leave the gun take the canoli
Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207530
12/22/02 04:33 AM
12/22/02 04:33 AM
Puppeteer Offline OP
Underboss
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Underboss
I thought the Vincent story wouldn't get votes, but it has.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207531
12/22/02 07:13 AM
12/22/02 07:13 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
I voted for the post GF2 and pre GF 3. I think you could write a perfect part about that.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207532
12/22/02 07:26 AM
12/22/02 07:26 AM
Nederland
Michael Corleone 14 Offline
Underboss
Michael Corleone 14  Offline
Underboss
Nederland
I voted for Vito, pre-GFI. I think we've seen enough Michael in the trilogy. Besides, I like seeing Vito rising to power way better then Michael doing business in Nevada with Hyman Roth and all those other bigshots.

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending
Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207533
12/22/02 06:43 PM
12/22/02 06:43 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
i voted for the vincent reign plot, simply because if they made one about michael and sonny or any other characters already covered in the trilogy it may bring them down. i want to remember the films because of what they were THEN, not remember them because some crappy modernday actor spoiled the role. i seriously dont think there is an actor today that could portray michael corleone or vito corleone after the brilliance of pacino and de niro's respective performances.

nevertheless, i still really want a fourth film to be made!

mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207534
12/22/02 06:58 PM
12/22/02 06:58 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I voted for the first one. I always have held the opinion that if there is to be a fourth GF that I would like to see Vito's rise to power.

I want to see what happened between Fannucci's murder and Vito being a powerful Don. I think if that were to happen then we could go into the second choice, because we would no doubt see Sonny/Michael/Fredo/Connie as children and be able to see how Vito is as a young father/husband. More of mama would be great as well. Perhaps we'd get a fuller understanding of why she is so highly thought of and well-liked.

I'd like to see Vito say "either your signature or your brains will be on the contract." Or when he told Michael "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." How the relationship between Vito and Clemenza developed. So much storyline I think is possible. As opposed to going into the Vincent thing (who seemingly came out of nowhere ). I would be very disappointed if they went in that direction (and last word, that's what it sounded like), however I will definitely see it and try to go into it with an "open" mind, even tho, I wouldn't be as enthusiastic as I'd be if they went back instead of forward.

TIS

PS, Too, I think we need to realize that the first two GF were "outstanding" films, and III, well, not that good by many opinions. I think we need to be happy if they make a GFIV that is "Very Good" cause I doubt there will be an equal to the first two (not in our lifetime anyway). Ahh....but we can hope!

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207535
12/25/02 09:25 AM
12/25/02 09:25 AM
Bristol
Don Luciano Offline
Capo
Don Luciano  Offline
Capo
Bristol
Quote:
Originally posted by Puppeteer:
I thought the Vincent story wouldn't get votes, but it has.
My sentiments exactly. Then i started considering a goog plot for the new 'Don corleone'. Maybe when Mike handed the family buisness over he made Al Neri Vincents underboss. Maybe GF4 should be about Al Neri's betrayal of Michael Corleone, Neri should act under Vincents orders untill Michael dies and then assasinate Vincent and consume the power of the Corleone family. Neri is by far the most experianced member of the Corleones in their post Don Michael era. He could probably out-smart Vincent as a Don. This would be an excellent story (Also linking with Tessio's betrayal of Vito) as i belive Al Neri is a far more interesting character then Vincent Corleone.

......then again, maybe as someone mentioned before....it should be about Connie Corleone's rise to power in La Cosa nostra. It would have to be a satire film though.

My respects, Don Lucano.

SHADOW LAW MAFIA
Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207536
12/25/02 05:11 PM
12/25/02 05:11 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
i voted for the vincent reign plot, simply because if they made one about michael and sonny or any other characters already covered in the trilogy it may bring them down. i want to remember the films because of what they were THEN, not remember them because some crappy modernday actor spoiled the role. i seriously dont think there is an actor today that could portray michael corleone or vito corleone after the brilliance of pacino and de niro's respective performances.

nevertheless, i still really want a fourth film to be made!

mick
I voted for the the Reign of Vincent myself. To see if he could do as good as a job as Michael did. & to see if Vincent would be capable of leading the family into the new era.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207537
12/27/02 11:15 PM
12/27/02 11:15 PM
Puppeteer Offline OP
Underboss
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
because we would no doubt see Sonny/Michael/Fredo/Connie as children and be able to see how Vito is as a young father/husband. More of mama would be great as well. Perhaps we'd get a fuller understanding of why she is so highly thought of and well-liked.

I'd like to see Vito say "either your signature or your brains will be on the contract."

TIS,
I just watched the Sopranos Season 1 for the first time, and now I really want the new GF novel to be about Vito's rise and the Corleone children. I like the Meadow/AJ finding/talking out about their father's "business." I especially like when Meadow confronted Tony about being in the Mafia. I just think this has great possibilities. Now, IMHO, only FFC or David Chase (and his writers) could do the new novel/movie justice.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207538
12/27/02 11:50 PM
12/27/02 11:50 PM
California

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Puppeteer:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b]because we would no doubt see Sonny/Michael/Fredo/Connie as children and be able to see how Vito is as a young father/husband. More of mama would be great as well. Perhaps we'd get a fuller understanding of why she is so highly thought of and well-liked.

I'd like to see Vito say "either your signature or your brains will be on the contract."

TIS,
I just watched the Sopranos Season 1 for the first time, and now I really want the new GF novel to be about Vito's rise and the Corleone children. I like the Meadow/AJ finding/talking out about their father's "business." I especially like when Meadow confronted Tony about being in the Mafia. I just think this has great possibilities. Now, IMHO, only FFC or David Chase (and his writers) could do the new novel/movie justice.[/b][/quote]I'm glad you finally got to see it. Isn't it great?? Not really like the GF but great in it's own way. And yes, I think the "family thing" in Sopranos is an important aspect of the mafia life and should be explored in the Sopranos as well as in GF.

Yea if only the bigwig movie producers/writers would listen to us little people hu?? Geoff's got connections, maybe FFC is scanning the board as we speak!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207539
01/05/03 07:06 PM
01/05/03 07:06 PM
California
DonColletti Offline
RIP :(
DonColletti  Offline
RIP :(
Underboss
California
I picked Vito's rise to power.

His whole life was a million to one shot
Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207540
01/06/03 05:51 AM
01/06/03 05:51 AM
Puppeteer Offline OP
Underboss
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Underboss
The Vincent story is still leading, and I am REALLY surprised. I would figure that most GF fans haven't had enough of Vito, Sonny, or Michael, or the earlier years...but, from the votes...that is not the case. I'm also surprised because there's a lot of Vincent and/or GF3 bashing/disappointment on the boards. Ah what they hey, this poll is just for fun anyway.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207541
01/06/03 11:05 AM
01/06/03 11:05 AM
South Philadelphia
Sonnys Gumar Offline
Button
Sonnys Gumar  Offline
Button
South Philadelphia
I'm not surprised that Vincent is leading, like Capo de La Cosa Nostra said it could really tarnish the GF1 and GF2 to see characters portrayed in new ways.
I personally would love for it to be a prequel so I voted for the first choice, but in truth I don't think it could be done well. So if it were a book only I would say prequel if they do make the movie I would think that they would have to make it Vincent era.

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207542
01/07/03 12:35 AM
01/07/03 12:35 AM
California

California
It isn't leading anymore. I was surprised it was in the lead. However, it is close, things can change. Like our votes mean anything right? :rolleyes:

TIS

Re: Vote-What you want GF4 to be about #207543
01/07/03 12:55 AM
01/07/03 12:55 AM
California
Special Kay Offline
Wiseguy
Special Kay  Offline
Wiseguy
California
I voted Vito, pre-GFI, because this to me, is what I'd like to see as far as his rise to power, etc. However in a movie, [if someone put a gun to my head and said, either my brains, or vote], I'd be forced to choose Vincent's continuation, for the mere fact that I can't see anyone else portraying young Vito, other than DeNiro.

Every kiss begins with Kay!

Senators and Presidents don't have men killed.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull