GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 129 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,886
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,325
Posts1,058,642
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Attention Carol: Mario's Favourites #168911
09/25/01 02:57 AM
09/25/01 02:57 AM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Hey Carol how're you?

Was there any favourite book (wheather his or somebody else's)for Mario (RIP)?

Did he ever mention something about another book that he'd wish he could have written something like that?

Is there any author that, to your knowledge, Mario (RIP) felt jealous of his/her writing talent?

What were his favourite book? Movie? Song? (Personally, I have different favourites at different times, but they fluctuate within a numbered few, did he have anything like that?)?

How about yours (Books, movies, songs, author that you envied)

Thanx.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Attention Carol: Mario's Favourites #168912
09/25/01 11:30 AM
09/25/01 11:30 AM
Long Island, NY
C
Carol Gino Offline
Wiseguy
Carol Gino  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny:
Hey Carol how're you?

Was there any favourite book (wheather his or somebody else's)for Mario (RIP)?

He loved "The Brothers Karamazov" and he loved "Lonesome Dove" and he read everything. He also really liked Fay Weldon's books.

Did he ever mention something about another book that he'd wish he could have written something like that?

He always wished he could write like the great masters in literature. Doestovesky, Tolstoy etc.

Is there any author that, to your knowledge, Mario (RIP) felt jealous of his/her writing talent?

Mario was never jealous of anyone for any reason, and if he was, he never spoke it. But I don't think that jealousy was one of his traits. I never saw or heard any evidence of it in twenty or so years. Oh wait! He did say he envied men who were tall and thin and could wear "spats."

What were his favourite book? Movie? Song? (Personally, I have different favourites at different times, but they fluctuate within a numbered few, did he have anything like that?)?

His favorite movies were "Chariots of Fire" and "Jesus Christ Superstar." He liked the Beatles and he liked old opera classics...La Boehme being his favorite.

How about yours (Books, movies, songs, author that you envied) I also can't think of anyone I envy. Each author has his or her own voice and that's what you bring into the world and hope readers can hear you. I liked Tolstoy and more recently I liked Mario's second book, "The Fortunate Pilgrim" Movies? I like foreign films best. And as for music, I like classical, new age, and this is a funny mix, when I feel miserable I like country and western!

Thanx.

Thank you. Talk later.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull