GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 275 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,650
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Attention Carol: Strange thoughts just before Mario's Deaths #168905
09/24/01 03:00 AM
09/24/01 03:00 AM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Carol, How are you?

I have noticed a repeating pattern when characters in Mario Puzo's (RIP) die. They tend to have really strange thoughts just before their deaths. I'll try to recall them:

1] Santino experiencing "...for the first time..." the sense of fear. [The Godfather]

2] Don Vito Corleone wanting to keep his youngest son away from that yellow spot (resembling death). [The Godfather]

3) Turi Guiliano recalling the time when Aspanu and himself were running downhill from their mountains and he shouted "..I believe...I believe..." [The Sicilian]

4] Gronevelt thinking process linking back to his childhood/adolescence and the "dilemma" of killing a thousand "Chinamen". [The Last Don]

5] Portella thinking about who's going to tell his brother (Bruno) about his death. [Omerta]

My question is this: Did Mario have any beliefs about people's experiences just before death? Aren't those characters' thoughts just before death a little bit oddly familiar (in their strangeness)?Will we see any similar pattern in The Family?

Thanx Carol.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Attention Carol: Strange thoughts just before Mario's Deaths #168906
09/24/01 09:33 PM
09/24/01 09:33 PM
Long Island, NY
C
Carol Gino Offline
Wiseguy
Carol Gino  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
My question is this: Did Mario have any beliefs about people's experiences just before death? Aren't those characters' thoughts just before death a little bit oddly familiar (in their strangeness)?Will we see any similar pattern in The Family?

Thanx Carol.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hi Sonny,
Each of an author's characters is an aspect of him, so I'm certain they were part of his beliefs and emotions. And in "The Family," yes, there is also a death scene with feeling closer to the truth of how he felt. He did know by the way, that people have "near death" experiences because for years I was a nurse and told him what people told me. When he had his heart surgery, I begged him to bring me back a vision. And he did. He said he saw "a mountain of fluffy mashed potatoes with flakes of chipped beef and brown gravy flowing all over it." That was it. That's what sent him back to earth. So much for Near Death Experiences.

Re: Attention Carol: Strange thoughts just before Mario's Deaths #168907
09/24/01 09:54 PM
09/24/01 09:54 PM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
I never knew he had such an appetite. Anyways, I know just the dish he was talking about and I'm planning on having it tomorrow for his memory.

Thanx.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull