GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,649
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Attention Carol: A Co-author on Omerta? #168853
09/18/01 09:48 PM
09/18/01 09:48 PM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Introduction to Question 3:

I'm not sure of the credibility of my information as I can't remember where/when I read/heard that it was a Co-author who put the finishing touches on Omerta. Of course, if my information in incorrect about a "co-author", then please ignore this question.

Question 3: Is it true that someone assisted Mr. Puzo (RIP) in finishing Omerta? Who decided on that particular person to participate in the book? Do you know around which part of the book, that person's contribution started to dominate? Were you ever considered (by whoever chose that other person) to assist in finishing Omerta?

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: Sonny ]

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Attention Carol: A Co-author on Omerta? #168854
09/18/01 10:56 PM
09/18/01 10:56 PM
Long Island, NY
C
Carol Gino Offline
Wiseguy
Carol Gino  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Sonny, because this question has been asked and wondered about by so many for a while, I think I should answer it for everyone. Mario did finish Omerta before he died, but it was his habit to rewrite a manuscript several times before the final version. On the Last Don we had 17 rewrites. But with Omerta he had just finished it two weeks before he died and so he hadn't the time to rewrite those few extra times which would have possibly put a polish on it.
I didn't finish that book for him because I was brought up by an Italian father in a patriarchy so I understand the system. For me Mario's books were male myths. I probably would not have had the women, Nicole and Cilke's wife, play such a major part at the end.
The truth is that if the author isn't around, the editor of the publishing house gets to correct it.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull