This is my pitiful attempt to get some replies on Puzo's favorite work.

If you haven't read The Fortunate Pilgrim, I can summerize it to you. It is Puzo's novelization of his life. I previously asked how accurate this book is to his actual life. I ask again to those Puzo nerds to give me an answer.

Well, Gino (Puzo) has 5 siblings (two sisters and three brothers), one died (I don't want to reveal which. Read the book to find out.) It described how Italian life really was during the depression. His aim was to crack that Italian stereotype that we are fun loving, passionate, romantics. These Italian were full of anger.

Also Gino's older brother, Lorenzo, gets involved with the Mafia. (This is why I want to know how accurate this novel is to his life)

I read a newspaper in Chicago, Fra Noi (between us), (I live in the Suburbs) that hammered Puzo's Godfather. Saying it protrayed Italians in a false and contributed widely to the degradation of us into the crimanal stereo type. It said that the GF film was inaccurate to real mobsters. Well, according to the Fortunate Pilgrim, Gino (Puzo) had a friend whos dad was a Don and Gino (Puzo) affectionately called him Zi'Pasquale. Also his brother ends up working for him. (oops, I revealed too much plot)

So he said he was nevered involved but I am sure he is someone to be trusted on how the Mafia is.

Anyways, this book is shadowed by the Godfather and is too a masterpiece.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

"There is no bread sweeter than the bread that you earn with your sweat" Nino Episcopo