GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Malavita, m2w, 1 invisible), 256 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,791
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Need Help, Omerta and Godfather, please help... #168169
11/14/02 11:21 PM
11/14/02 11:21 PM
Qckrun Offline OP
Associate
Qckrun  Offline OP
Associate
Here's what is a matter. In my English 11 class, were are required to do a Historical Investigation Research paper on a Famous writer. I chose Mario Puzo. But the problem i am having is that i am confused about Puzo. Heres why:

What are the real reason's why he wrote the Godfather and Omerta. I know the Godfather was to put food on the table, but come on there has to be a real reason why he wrote it. I mean you just dont come up with a story and write it, unless he was that good. Is there a theme within these stories? What point's is he trying to make?

2nd: Could someone possible Analysis both books for me, and give theme's that are related to both books. I am so confused.

Any insight on both books, wat people got from the books anything will be a great help. I read GF and Omerta, so my mind is little blank. I really need some help. Any help you guys can give is appeicated. Also if you know of any sites that have good things about Puzo, example, critic's talking about his works, or anything.

Thank you,
Chris

I want to die in my sleep like my granfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!
Re: Need Help, Omerta and Godfather, please help... #168170
11/16/02 03:34 PM
11/16/02 03:34 PM
Dallas, TX
Lemans Offline
Wiseguy
Lemans  Offline
Wiseguy
Dallas, TX
I think at the highest level, Puzo is demonstrating the conflict between the glamourous side of the mafia (money, loyalty, power) and the price paid to achieve it in The Godfather.

Just when I get out, they pull me back in.

Michael Corleone in The Godfather III
Re: Need Help, Omerta and Godfather, please help... #168171
12/15/02 02:37 AM
12/15/02 02:37 AM
Kansas
dkan_6 Offline
Wiseguy
dkan_6  Offline
Wiseguy
Kansas
The Godfather is a collection of every great Mafia story packed into one. Or so I think. For instance, THe opening wedding is based off of Joe Clombo's wedding. Coincidentally Al Martino(the dude that played Johnny Fontane) sang at Joe Colombo's wedding. Johnny Fontane is supposed to be Frank Sinatra.
As far as theme goes, Mario Puzo said it was about a king and three sons. Michael was the one that wasn't going to get mixed up in the family afairs. Sonny was the one eager for the throne, and Fredo was the idiot son who just kind of existed. If you're looking for character changes like I have to do when I do a literary analysis, Michael was a patriot and a law abiding citizen. The turning point, the murder of Solozzo. Afterward he slowly gre colder, until he met Apollonia. After her death he grew relatively loveless and even colder. By the end of the book, he was all business and was no longer the innocent kid his father once wanted him to be.

It was all familiar to him, the farewells to time and place and memory, and he felt no sorrow, no desolation, that finally there was no one, no human being to speed him on his way, only the wind which swept across the ruined continent he could never leave.
Mario Puzo-The Dark Arena

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull