GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 102 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,319
Posts1,058,490
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pizza Wars #158395
05/24/06 12:50 PM
05/24/06 12:50 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
No, not kidding.

I do believe La Veranda was finally decided upon, but then there was all that stuff about prefix vs. ala carte, dividing equally vs. paying for what you ordered, etc. etc...lots of voting going on but much still left up in the air.

So I suppose the prounouncement of Saturday night being 'decided' took a few of us by surprise.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Pizza Wars #158396
05/24/06 12:57 PM
05/24/06 12:57 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Hmmmm......I guess that I misunderstood this post then :

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Okay...

La Veranda would be willing to let us order ala carte, but as I suspected, and understandably, is not willing to write separate checks.

In any event, I don't see the big deal with one check: It wouldn't take all that much work to calculate how much we each owe and add 21% to it. No one leaves until we have enough!

That's fair to everyone, and fairly easy.
Am I missing something here?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pizza Wars #158397
05/24/06 01:04 PM
05/24/06 01:04 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Yes, but there was no indication that this was the final decision. IMO, it was still left up in the air, but now that it appears 'official'...it's fine with me.

Got all that Mig? Dontomasso?

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Pizza Wars #158398
05/24/06 01:13 PM
05/24/06 01:13 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Got it. :p

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Pizza Wars #158399
05/24/06 03:55 PM
05/24/06 03:55 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

I'm with the group that says, "It has?"

This is getting ridiculous.....very funny, but still ridiculous. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Pizza Wars #158400
05/24/06 05:02 PM
05/24/06 05:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
This is getting ridiculous.....very funny, but still ridiculous..........
.........And a woman in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous! Now you get the hell outta here! And if that gumbah tries any rough stuff, you tell him I ain't no band leader! Yeah, I heard that story....

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pizza Wars #158401
05/24/06 05:40 PM
05/24/06 05:40 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline OP
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline OP
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Wait a second. Let me understand this. You live in Chicago and you've only been to ONE Chicago pizzeria? Am I reading your post correctly?
Ah, sorry, DC. I don't live IN Chicago, I live in "Little Chicago". Little Chicago is more commonly referred to as Ottumwa, IA. Only two big names come to mind who are from Ottumwa. First off, Tom Arnold, big whoop-te-do, and secondly, the character 'Radar O'Reilly' from MASH. (we're not all farmers, I hate rural life!!)

"Little Chicago" derived from the mafia. During Al Capone's days, mafiosi often came down to Ottumwa for a few years to cool down after pulling off a big crime. Liquor was also stored and smuggled down here (I have a friend who lives near a "Whiskey Ridge Rd", and the name of that road also derived from the Prohibition era). Rumor has it, that there are tunnels under our downtown area where Capone used to run business. From what I've heard, some of the entrances are possibly from the high school (my school; OHS) and others are in the basement of the Hotel Ottumwa (been there on several occasions, but never in the basement, I want to explore).

Anyway, there's a history lesson for you. Now back to pizza:

I like pizza. I have only had Chicago-styled pizza, and my family loves it. Unfortunately we've never had the opportunity to enjoy New York pizza, but after all this talk, I really want to give it a try. I'm hoping one of these days my family will take a trip out east. If they don't, then I will go solo.

We've been to Chicago twice. Caught a Cubs came (the stars were alligned just right, they won both games I attended, which goes against the odds) went up the Sears Tower, etc. I remember the most recent time we went there (which was several years ago), we ate at this place called "Luigi's". My parents insisted that we must get some pizza before we left town, so we did, and we enjoyed it.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Pizza Wars #158402
05/24/06 08:51 PM
05/24/06 08:51 PM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
I can hardly look at a deep dish pizza without getting agita. I tried it once and got about halfway through the slice before I couldn't handle any more. Even that was a stretch for me, since I don't even like regular crust, I always prefer thin crust.
Wanna get married?

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: Pizza Wars [Re: Don Rico] #441099
10/04/07 07:07 AM
10/04/07 07:07 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
There will be an episode of Emeril Live coming up that will be about different styles of pizza from different regions.

A Pizzeria, right here on Staten Island, named Joe and Pats, has been picked to represent New York's finest pizza. I've eaten there many times over the years and there is no question that they make one of the best thin crust pizzas here on Staten Island. However, I don't know if I agree about it being the best in New York.

Joe and Pat's pie takes the cake
'Emeril' search for best in the city's leads to Victory Blvd. pizzeria
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
By TEVAH PLATT
STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The Food Network pointed its cameras yesterday at "summada best pie" in all Pizza City. Gathering footage coast to coast for an episode featuring various regional pizza styles, "Emeril Live" producers chose Staten Island's Joe and Pat's Pizzeria as the purveyor of New York's finest slices.

A local favorite, Joe and Pat's of Castleton Corners out-cheesed, out-crusted and out-sauced some 2,069 other pizza joints in all five boroughs, based on a recent restaurant count issued by the foodie Web site Urbanspoon.

Someone recommended it, I tried it, and I thought it was the best in New York City," producer Alan Madison said of the rather informal selection process.

So the crew came out and filmed a vignette featuring thin crust and subtly sweet sauce, to air early next year.

The show also will plumb the deep-dish territory of Chicago and exhibit some arty innovations out of Los Angeles before host Emeril Lagasse "kicks it up" with his own recipe, Madison said.

The producer was not surprised to find pizza Eden on Staten Island:

"You get a lot of Italians together, they're going to figure out how to make great pizza," he said.

With contenders like Denino's, Goodfellas and the winner of the recent AWE readers' poll, Brother's Pizza, it isn't easy to pin the blue ribbon on a single shop.

While honored to be representing New York, Pat Pappalardo -- the restaurant's namesake, along with his brother, Joe -- placed the pizza's roots squarely in Italy.

The recipe arose out of necessity during the second World War, Pappalardo said, when his family started making pies from leftover bread dough.

Six baby-faced dough-throwers turned out an array of pizzas for the show, from traditional red and white pies to a doughy, heart-shaped Sicilian.

Biting into a crispy offering topped with arugula, Parmigiano-Reggiano and a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinaigrette, the Food Network's culinary producer, Charissa Chabot, said off-camera: "This is the best I've had so far."

"So far in your life?" the Advance asked, for clarification.

"Mmm. Could be."

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pizza Wars [Re: Don Cardi] #441124
10/04/07 10:11 AM
10/04/07 10:11 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Depends on what I'm in the mood for. A thin crust is good for a snack, but for a meal you get a deep dish.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull