GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 66 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,826
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
About You #152205
03/19/06 02:35 AM
03/19/06 02:35 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline OP
ginaitaliangirl  Offline OP

Texas
I know we've done questionnaires and such in the past (I believe Lavi created some fun ones), and I've always found them very entertaining, so I thought I'd start up another. I've tried to make most of the questions different from what we've already done, and maybe we can all learn some unique things about each other.

I could think of many more questions, but I'm making myself stop with this, so that it doesn't get too boring.

Quote:

What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this?

If you could change your name, would you, and to what?

What name do you like for the opposite sex?

Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing?

How much sleep do you average each night?

Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting?

When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about?

How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day?

What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term?

What are you most proud of?

Who do you admire most?

As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change?

What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby)

What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.)

What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate)

What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice?

What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't?

When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside?

In social situations, are you more of a talker or listener?

Do you lead or follow?

How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first?

Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle?

Do you like change?

What is something that you feel you often take for granted?

If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf?

If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be?

How do you feel about roller coasters?

Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best)

If not yourself, who would you like to be?

What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...)

Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing?

Re: About You #152206
03/19/06 03:36 AM
03/19/06 03:36 AM
California
DonColletti Offline
RIP :(
DonColletti  Offline
RIP :(
Underboss
California
Great little questionaire! It was a joy to do gina. Can't wait to see yours and everyone elses!

Austin Bice, no special meaning.
Matt? I don't know. I like my name, it's not heard too often around here.
Tatiana
Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing?
Optimist
8 hours, school nights = 10PM-6AM
Not frequently, normally pleasant.
If it's 6, tired, if it's on the weekend, very relaxed.
Counting breakfast, 20-30 minutes.
A division I scholarship for football. Wealth? Hot wife?
I feel I have good morals.
Who do you admire most?
Besides my rents? Lance Armstrong, anyone in the armed forces.
As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change?
I wanted to be the next Michael Jordan. Who didn't?
What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby)
The game of basketball. History. Life? Philosophy? I think so.
What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.)
Film, politics, religion, history. everything.
What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate)
Film and in the US, soccer.
My beliefs
What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't?
Faster and jump higher so I could play basketball instead of football.
When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside?
bottle me up.
talker
Do you lead or follow?
Lead
How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first?
I wouldn't say thoroughly, but I do think.
Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle?
In between analytical and the middle.
Do you like change?
Depends, normally not.
All of the senses. Living in a nice area. Not starving.
deaf
If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be?
land, i'd be a lion.
they are great.
Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best)
Rick Blaine. I mean who doesn't want to be him.
A super rich hottie of course.
What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...)
In movies, when people began kissing, i thought they ate each other. Brought on to by my older sister.
reading

His whole life was a million to one shot
Re: About You #152207
03/19/06 05:16 AM
03/19/06 05:16 AM
Texas

Texas
Colletti, thanks for responding - great answers! I nearly forgot to give my own. Just for the record, I didn't read yours until I finished, so mine would be completely honest. Congrats on your 1000 posts, by the way!

------------------------------

Gina. I was named this because it is a slight variation of my grandmother's name, and my parents wanted an Italian name for me and my brother.

I like my name and would probably keep it. I've gotten a bit of teasing from guys who paid a bit too much attention to their anatomy lessons, but I can deal with that. :p I do like the name "Angelina," though.

I love any Italian name - Anthony/Tony, Vincent/Vinny, and anything else that sounds Italian.

I'm usually an optimist, but I can have very pessimistic views on some things. I always try to maintain faith, hope, and my positive attitude, but if I'm in a bad mood, you'd think I've lost all hope for mankind.

On school nights, I get about six hours - on other nights, it always varies.

I dream nearly every night. I've only had one terrible nightmare in the past few months (maybe even years), probably. My dreams aren't always pleasant, but at worst, they just give me an uncomfortable or uneasy feeling.

On school days, I always want more sleep and dread having to get up, but I make myself find a reason to look forward to the day. If I remember what I was dreaming, I also think about that.

About thirty minutes, on average.

Short-term, I look forward to the weekend. It's actually quite depressing, because I recently realized that I might spend the rest of my life waiting on the weekend. Long-term, I look forward to becoming settled in college, then later becoming settled with a career and family.

In general, the Astros. About myself, my morals.

Who do you admire most?
My parents, without a doubt.

I've gone through several career ideas over the years, but my current interests are psychology and writing. I'd really like to be a sportswriter for MLB. Only time will tell how this plays out.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert on any subject, but I suppose I know more than the average bear on baseball.

Morals - I just wish all people knew how to treat others and themselves properly.

Music (Maynard Ferguson, Brain Setzer, jazz, blues, oldies, etc. - basically, everything that people at my school don't listen to), Baseball (the game itself, the teams, the players...Roger Clemens in particular), Movies (classics such as The Godfather and The Blues Brothers)

My analytical personality - interest in details, habits that put me on the verge of OCD, always wondering why and how people are the way they are, the desire to take things to heart and look for the deeper meaning, and so on. It's probably more of a fault than a virtue, but I like it.

I would like to have the ability to express myself in person the way that I can on paper or in my mind. I'm often very shy, and this prevents me from showing others my true self.

I keep things bottled up. Absolutely. I know it's not good, but I rarely talk about the things that really bother me.

It depends on the person and the situation, but I guess I'm more of a listener. Don't be fooled, though - if I'm comfortable with the person, I will talk a lot.

Do you lead or follow?
Follow. I'll lead only if I'm absolutely determined to do something that I know I need to do.

I think things through a lot. I analyze things a lot. After doing so, I might take a risk, but I don't usually jump into things. If I have a gut feeling about something, however, I trust my instinct.

Analytical.

Do you like change?
Not at all. Things usually always work out, and when all is said and done, I'm happy about it, but I'd never believe or admit that beforehand.

Those of you who read my recent account will know: my sight. I'll sometimes take my parents for granted - also, my educational opportunities, and basically, life in general. I remind myself often of how lucky I am, and I express my appreciation and gratitude, but every so often, I tend to forget about how good life really is.

This is such a tough choice, but I'd say deaf. Imagining life without music is terrifying, not to mention never hearing your loved ones' voices again, but I cherish sight so very much.

I'd like to stick with land - maybe it's because I'm most comfortable here. As for which animal, I'll be simple and say a cat. I could be an adventurous stray if I wanted, stealing scrap food without a care in the world. Just the same, I could be a housecat with (hopefully) loving owners, sleeping all day and roaming around the neighborhood at night. Not to mention the nine lives!

I'm obsessed with them. I despise thinking about how scared I used to be to ride them when I was younger, because I love them now. The Six Flags theme park here in Houston was shut down, which was heartbreaking, but my favorite park (that I've been to) is the one in Dallas. Titan and Mr. Freeze are my favorite rides, and I only hope I can make it back there to "visit" them. My dream is to someday ride Kingda Ka, the tallest and fastest coaster in the world, or at least Top Thrill Dragster, the second tallest and fastest.

Hmm, I was thinking Monk, originally, due to the OCD tendencies, but I'm not much of a detective. Perhaps Billy Crystal's character in Analyze This? Into learning about, and helping people through psychology and therapy, but perhaps needing it more so for myself.

Well, everybody has their troubles, some more so than others - why not deal with my own and enjoy being myself? (I can't even answer my own question.)

My friend actually asked me this a couple of days ago, and my answer popped into my head immediately. I remember that, when I was little, I used to think people actually took showers at a baby shower.

Very tough. Depends on what I'm reading and what I'm writing. If both are my preference, then I don't think I could choose between the two, because I love both.

Re: About You #152208
03/19/06 05:27 AM
03/19/06 05:27 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
It is "Afsaneh". In Persian it means "Myth".

No, it is part of who I'm up to now and I'm happy with it.

I like the name "Daniel" a lot.

I try really hard to be an optimist.

Around 6-7 hours, which is not good. Less than eight hours sleep makes me really cranky.

Yes, but I forget most of it. If I remember them they almost affect me as if they are real. I've had both upsetting and pleasant dreams.

I'm not a morning person, so the rest you can imagine yourself...

Around 30 minutes. I eat a lot in the morning.

Traveling, learning more languages, learning more about music, falling in love.

My heritage.

Who do you admire most?
Many to name: Mozart, Omar Khayyam and Queen Elizabeth I are among those I admire a lot.

I wanted to be either a doctor or a pilot. Then I realized I really don't have the stomach to be a doctor and I don't have many qualifications to be a pilot. I showed great interest in math, and I also tend to like practical subjects more than abstract theoretical ones, so I chose engineering.

I'm not a good teacher at all. I don't have enough patience and I try to learn things myself. So unless I'm teaching a bright student, just forget about it.

Education in any field is worth more than any other treasure. But of course education in politics is very important to me, because that's what affects our lives the most. I think it is a duty to check on governments, but without studying history, religion and many other subjects you can't use the past experiences in the politics and you are doomed to repeat it. All politicians in charge should be the subject of comparison with the historical figures, no matter how hateful that figure might had been, in order not to repeat a mistake.

Mozart.

My rights as a human being.

Color of my eyes. I've always wished to have blue eyes.

I try to discuss, but most of the times I end up keeping it inside.

I guess both.

Do you lead or follow?
I would like to lead.

At this age, I think it over a few times.

I'm analytical.

Do you like change?
Not often.

Health, time and peace.

I really don't think any of the two is better than the other. But I guess I'd choose being deaf.

Air. I like to fly. I like being an eagle.

Scary. Good scary.

I'm more like Monica in "Friends".

Nothing I can think of now.

Reading.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: About You #152209
03/19/06 07:44 AM
03/19/06 07:44 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Adam, no special meaning.

Optimus Prime. No Megatron, Megatron would be cool.

Hey you!

I'm a realistic optimist.

I drink almost every night so I need at least 8 hours.

I dream ALL the time. It can be very annoying. Good dreams piss me off because they're not reality and bad dreams mess my head up. I had a dream the other night, I was giving a present to an old school mate. It was a large, wrapped box about 6'x6'x6'. I awoke before finding out what was in it. I'm still pissed off that I never found out what present my subconscious had created.

Depends who I wake up with

Who do you admire most?
Ray Mears

I wanted to be a zoo keeper. Oh where did my life go wrong not to end up a zoo keeper?

Diet

My humour. I come from the Ross Noble school of thought that if you think of something that's funny and you don't say it it's the biggest crime. "It's like having laser eyes but only using your power to warm soup."

Whatever the situation calls for. Most of the time I can't carry a serious or normal conversation for long.

Do you like change?
Most people fear and are resistant to change unless they are the change agent. People are comfortable with the status quo. I'm no different and usually apprehensive until the change becomes the norm.

Quite possibly the toughest decision of all. Without hearing, my music, guitars, bongos are worthless. I'd also be terribly frightened of being blind. I would rather be dead. No joke.

I'd be a dirty monkey in a zoo. Smoking and masturbating.

Love 'em. In fact dreamt about them last night.

Reading

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: About You #152210
03/19/06 10:05 AM
03/19/06 10:05 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Ruth - My first and middle names are both my grandmothers.

Probably legally change it to Beth, beings that's what I go by anyway.

Vinny!

Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing? Probably a pessmist.

How much sleep do you average each night? 5-6 hours

Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting? I dream almost every night. They're a mixture of both I guess.

When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about? I feel grumpy and I think how can I get through the day without killing a coworker.

How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day? 1 1/2 hours

What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term? Look forward to my daughter finally getting married and moving out of the house. Then I'll travel alot.

What are you most proud of? Living independently.

Who do you admire most? Average joes who make something of themselves.

As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change? I didn't have too much ambitions as a kid, so I guess I lived up to them.

What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby) The best way to play quarters.

What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.)How to mind their own business.

What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate) Same as above.

What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice? My stubborness.

What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't? Too many to mention.

When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside? Bottled up. I hate talking about my problems.

Listener.
Do you lead or follow? More of a tendacy to follow.

How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first? I hardly think anything through, which explains things alot.

Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle? Obsessed with details and perfection.

Do you like change? Sometimes.

What is something that you feel you often take for granted? Life in general.

If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf? Blind. I can't live without music. I can always listen to the ballgames on the radio.

If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be? Land, as I don't like heights or water. Maybe a giraffe?

How do you feel about roller coasters? I used to love them. Now I can take them or leave them.

Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best) Maybe Monica from Friends.

If not yourself, who would you like to be? Vinny's mistress.

What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...) Men are human.

Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing? Reading. Even I can't read my writing.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: About You #152211
03/19/06 12:24 PM
03/19/06 12:24 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My name is Khalid Amirali Jasani. I'm not quite sure why my Mother God rest her soul, and Father chose the name, but it is an Arabic Muslim name that means eternal or eternity. Amirali is my Father's name and my middle name.

I would not change my name. A lot of times people call me K.J. and that's cool.

If she's hot then her name doesn't really matter all that much but I don't know...Bianca, Golsa, Sarah, Angela, Angelina, Andrea, Farah many more.

Day to day I'm a pessimist but I think deep down in my heart I'm an optimist, or at least I like to think so.

Try to get 8 hrs. of sleep a night but usually wind up getting between 5 and 7.

I dream pretty much every night. They are usually not too pleasant or not too scary but kinda in the middle. Some are really weird and some are really nice.

I feel alright I guess. I think about my family and what I have to do for the day.

Depends what day it is. Let's just say that coffee, redbull and cigarettes are involved.

I look forward to a time when I will be more or less satisfied with my life. I look forward to being happy and content. I look forward to peace, inside and out.

My family, my country/province/city, my religion (despite a lot of its idiocy and a lot of the idiots who claim to practise it), and my resiliency. Probably many more things, but don't have time to go into everything now.

My Mother (R.I.P.), my Brother, my Father and my whole Family.

Lot of different things but mostly an athlete (Baseballer, Soccer player, Hockey player, Basketballer, Footballer) or a scientist or something. There was a period where I wanted to become a ninja but that didn't quite pan out.

Baseball, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball, Football, Money, Religion, Philosophy, Politics, History, some people would say that I could teach a class and how to be a dick but you shouldn't believe them.

Politics, Religion, History and Sports. People claim to know a lot of stuff, but they really don't. I don't claim to know a lot of stuff, but I really do.

I would never change my Family or sacrifice them.

Something about myself that I would like to change? Well, people tell me that I can be a stubborn bastard at times and maybe too negative. So I would like to change those things.

Usually, I like to work things out on my own, but if the right person is there I can open up.

Depends on the situations. Sometimes you'll have to tell me repeatedly to shut the hell up. Sometimes you'll wonder if I have any kind of pulse at all.

I like to lead, but in order to learn how to be a successful leader you must first learn how to be a successful follower.

Usually like to plan things out, but can be impulsive at times. Again, really depends on the situation and the risk(s) involved.

One shouldn't classify one's self based on these criteria. Yet again, depending on the situation you can be analytical, extremely flexible or in the middle.

Depends on the change and how frequently it occurs.

I take my family and how much they love and care for me for granted too often and I have to work on that.

Deaf. But to go through life never hearing music or any sounds whatsoever would be pretty damn rough.

Air. Probably a hawk or an eagle or something. I guess it would be kinda cool being or at least seeing a dinosaur but I would have to complete my time travel machine before I could do that.

I love roller coasters. If any of you guys come to Toronto, no trip is complete without a visit to Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan.

Er...uh...Tony Soprano??

I don't really understand the question. By definition one can only be one's self no matter who you think you're trying to be. If I could be someone or something else?? I guess it would be The Prime Minister Of Canada.

Tooth fairy.

I enjoy writing but I would have to go with reading. Maybe it's because I'm currently a bit too intellectually lazy, although there is so much work out there by so many different authors of both non-fiction and fiction that it would take like 7 life times to read every thing that's worth reading.

Re: About You #152212
03/19/06 03:17 PM
03/19/06 03:17 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
What a great one Gina!

Ekaterina. Means "pure" - from Greek. Nothing special attached to it.

I wouldn't.

Many are OK, really. I don't have favorites, though there are some that I definitely dislike.

I tend to pessimism, but I'm working on it.

About 9 hours, but it depends on circumstances.

I do have repeated nightmares.

Shit, is it really time to get up?!!!

Usually I set my alarm 45 minutes before I have to go.

Well, short term - building a new house in country, birth of my friend's baby, End of the season. Long - to see my book published, and to a concert trip in Germany.

My country and heritage.

Who do you admire most?
You mean people? Saints maybe? Of ore ordinary people - Bach, Jane Austen... Some great warriors... Not a small list comes to mind, if you begin to think of it.

I wished to be a writer, but later a career in music seemed more secure and real field to me.

Piano. Only to advanced students. I wouldn't teach children if I can help it.

Good manners... :rolleyes:
Well, and of course, history, religion, classical art and literature.

Al Pacino.

Most of what I am, really. My intellect, sense of humour, views and beliefs, religion, Motherland, capabilities, family etc.

Well, to be absolutely honest - I would like to change my haircut, correct my figure, practice more sports, be less nervous and depressive.

My mother is the first person I discuss my troubles with. But I not always talk about them. Well, and Lavi, of course.

Listener

Do you lead or follow?
If I know my ground, I always lead.

I try to avoid risks as much as possible.

I'm not always obsessed with details, but always with perfection.

Do you like change?
Depends - in what.

Too many, really.

I would pray to be neither.

A swallow.

Err.. What is roller coasters?

I don't know such a one.

Why not myself? I would like to change many things in my life, but not personality.

It was too long ago

Both. Depends on my mood. Both are my favorite occupations.

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: About You #152213
03/19/06 04:38 PM
03/19/06 04:38 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Srinivas - It is one of the names of a particular Hindu God. Literally means "the home of wealth"

My name is one of the "stock" names in the part of my country where I come from. So my name doesn't gather much attention, which I prefer. I don't want to change it, though in my childhood I wanted a more unique name.

something starting with "S"

Pessimist

more than 10 hours

rarely. When I do, they are unpleasant. Almost like turi - I get pissed off that the good things I saw in my dream are not going to happen in real life

I dont want to wake up at all. I hate facing the reality

1 1/2 to 2 hours

Happiness

The fact that I am still alive

Who do you admire most?
Francis for Coppola for making my most favorite 3 movies, especially ACN which is the best movie IMO

Something related to science - I am an engineer now

My experiences and philosophies

Nothing

Nothing again

I have changed all my beliefs in the course of the last few years. I don't have firm beliefs anymore.

My appearance, skills, too many to list

Bottle up and implode/explode - mostly implode

I avoid social situations religiously. If I do get into one by mistake, I try to disappear. The worst case default option is talk some crap and fool people to form a falsely good opinion about me.

Do you lead or follow?
Follow

I think so much that I take no steps.

Hardcore analytical - don't care about perfection

Do you like change?
I hate changes

Periodic luck

Deaf

The best question IMO - Gina that was really thoughtful. Cheetah - agile, beautiful, powerful and lonely

Never been in one, but I think I will hate it

John Cage in Ally McBeal

However pathetic I am, I would rather be myself

God, True Love and other such grandiose concepts.

Writing. But I do very less writing and do much more reading

Re: About You #152214
03/19/06 05:19 PM
03/19/06 05:19 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Michael; named after my dad.

No.

Sarah

Optimist, of course.

About seven through the week. Ten on a weekend.

Yes, often. Pleasant, I suppose.

Aroused, and whoever I was thinking about to be aroused.

Twenty minutes.

My holiday this summer, with friends, to Greece. Finishing my A-levels in a few months. Going to see José González next month.

I feel like I'm still waiting for that moment to happen.

Who do you admire most?
I'm not sure. Fowles, Lynch, Godard, Bacon? My English teacher?

An artist.

Film Studies.

Basic communication skills, or philosophy. Something which strips away people's insecurities and makes people more aware of themselves, more confident in themselves.

Shakespeare. Most people who reject his work have never read it. Alas, same applies to those who praise him.

My never wanting to change or sacrifice; without reason.

I'm genuinely not sure. I don't think I would change anything.

Depends what it is; I don't know many people with whom I could genuinely confide. I think many people make the mistake of confiding in people they shouldn't; I'm more careful than that.

Both.

Do you lead or follow?
Leader.

I don't like to think about things too much; the longer I do, the less I look forward to them, or the less I enjoy it when I'm actually there. I'd like to say I was a lot more impulsive than I am, but I don't know.

I'm very open to things, and am somewhere in the middle; I hate people's ignorance who never justify not analysing something; but I hate to get bogged down by an analysis of something, too. I'm a firm believer in natural connections; if you have to try, either way, it's false.

Do you like change?
Depends what the current situation is; I don't encourage change, but I suppose I sort of accept it when it does happen.

My mortality; other than that, I don't take much for granted.

Deaf.

Air. So a bird. Of some kind.

I'm not too fond of them.

Isaac Davis, in Manhattan.

Right now, Jack Johnson.

That wrestling was real.

I find the two more or less the same. The best kind of writing allows the reader to write too. So reading, if it's a good book; and writing, if I feel articulate and expressive.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: About You #152215
03/19/06 05:41 PM
03/19/06 05:41 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this? Michael. It's my mother's maiden name.

If you could change your name, would you, and to what? I wouldn't

What name do you like for the opposite sex? Olivia

Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing? Optimist

How much sleep do you average each night? Average? Probably 7 hours a night.

Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting? I dream every night, they're usually upsetting.

When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about? I always wake up with a massive boner.

How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day? 5-10 minutes

What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term? Summer vacation, 17th birthday...no real huge events coming up.

What are you most proud of? Myself. I am 100% happy with who I am, I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world.

Who do you admire most? My Aunt Agnes

As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change? Actor.

What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby) Cinema

What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.) Religion.

Radiohead

What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice? My personality

What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't? My crippled, jointless right thumb

When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside? Keep it bottled. I don't want to put my problems on other people.

In social situations, are you more of a talker or listener? Listener.

Do you lead or follow? Lead

How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first? Both, kind of. Depends on the situation.

Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle? Middle.

Do you like change? No.

What is something that you feel you often take for granted? My family

If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf? Deaf

If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be? Some type of bird

How do you feel about roller coasters? Hate them

Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best) My personality? Michael Corleone.

If not yourself, who would you like to be? Nobody

What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...) Nothing really

Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing? Both

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: About You #152216
03/19/06 05:58 PM
03/19/06 05:58 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this?I cannot tell you. I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it might expose me--and my sources.

If you could change your name, would you, and to what? Pappo, Diego, John, Michael, Vincent(or Vincenzo), Carlo, Anthony, Vito, Giusseppe, Joseph, Carmine, Salvatore and other names I like.

Victoria
I am regarded by everybody as the craziest guy in the world, crazy like a chin!

Do you think I count the hours I sleep?

Sometimes, I only dreamed about the Gambino Family members. Paul Castellano, John Gotti and Sammy Gravano.Is it my favourite Family?

I am destroyed

It depends on the day.

It depends on....

Diego Armando Maradona AKA God and the real Pappo Napolitano.

Who do you admire most?
GOD(I mean Maradona!) and many other people......

I wanna be a lawyer like.... Forget about it.
I hate to teach, I like to learn and I hate to teach.

History and politics, religion could be out. We need real matters.

Mario Puzo`s books.
My right to keep silent.

Nothing

I don`t talk to anyone. "Three can keep a secret if two are dead" Benjamin Franklin

Listener

Do you lead or follow?
I prefer to work alone, nobody can do things better than oneself. If I had no choice, I lead even if I had to be a "de facto" leader, but I wanna work alone.

I don`t take risk or I do as less ass possible.

It depends on....

Do you like change?
It depends on....

It depends on....

"He who is deaf, blind & silent, lives a thousand years in peace" John Gotti. Blind.

A german sheepred dog.

Nah....

I cannot tell you.

I cannot tell you.

"Working in groups is better than alone"

Reading

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: About You #152217
03/19/06 07:05 PM
03/19/06 07:05 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this? Doctor Ferro

If you could change your name, would you, and to what? I'd change it to Banana Flobana.

What name do you like for the opposite sex? Candy

Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing? I am utterly filled with rage.

How much sleep do you average each night? 30 minutes

Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting? I do dream, mostly about Candy.

When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about? Spicy Beef Sandwich

How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day? 13.4 seconds

What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term? Short Term: Eating Spicy Beef Sandwich. Long Term: Making ultimate Spicy Beef Sandwich.

What are you most proud of? My Awesome collection of Hawaiian Shirts.

Who do you admire most? Captain Cook

As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change? I always wanted to be a Fire-Eater, but I was too arrogant and egotistical.

What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby) The Fundamentals of proper meat-handling.

What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.) Sandwich Art

What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate) Dancing in the Dark and Hula Dancing

What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice? My huge penis size.

What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't? My watch. I need a new one.

In social situations, are you more of a talker or listener? I more of the shouting type.

Do you lead or follow? Depends where I'm going.

Do you like change? Only when I need it for parking meters, otherwise it's just annoying.

What is something that you feel you often take for granted? A good spicy beef sandwich.

If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf? Deaf. I'd rather be able to see my hawaiian shirts.

If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be? I'd be a bird. A big bird. How about Big Bird?

How do you feel about roller coasters? How do they feel about me?

If not yourself, who would you like to be? Captain Cook (But I'd stay away from Hawaii.)

What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...) That you say gun turret. Not gun turrent. I always thought it was turrent. Hmmm. I think it still is.

Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing? I only read what I write. And I only write what I read.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: About You #152218
03/19/06 07:29 PM
03/19/06 07:29 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this? Dan; No

If you could change your name, would you, and to what? Dante, Tony, Vincent, Robert, Travis, Victor.

What name do you like for the opposite sex? Isabella, Monica, Angelina, Maria, Kayla.

Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing? Psychotic

How much sleep do you average each night? Weekday - 6; Weekend - 11

Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting? Yes; A lot; Very surreal

When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about? Depends. Sexual dreams about real people are especially effective.

How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day? 45 minutes

What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term? College; A future I might not achieve.

What are you most proud of? Having a Gene Simmons tongue. :p

Who do you admire most? My parents; Directors and actors I'll name if one asks.

As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change? Basketball player when I was a young idiot. Now, a director/actor.

What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby) Retardation 101; Film Studies.

What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.) Cinema/Music/Literature

What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate) Anti-Assholeism

What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice? My opinions

What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't? A variety of things

When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside? Bottle it up until I explode.

In social situations, are you more of a talker or listener? Listener

Do you lead or follow? I follow no one and lead no one.

How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first? Jump into things with a paranoid back-of-the-head thought of regret.

Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle? Depends.

Do you like change? Depends on what's changing.

What is something that you feel you often take for granted? How easy I have it (where I live, etc.)

If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf? I don't know. If I was deaf I couldn't her music or movies. If I was blind I wouldn't be able to see beauty.

If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be? Gray Wolf

How do you feel about roller coasters? They're fun.

Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best) Travis Bickle; I relate to Taxi Driver a lot.

If not yourself, who would you like to be? Someone who has complete control of their life and doesn't need to worry about anybody else fucking it up for them.

What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...) That 'Gullah Gullah island' was a real place.

Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing? Depends on the subject. Writing if I'm on a roll, reading if I'm fascinated enough.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: About You #152219
03/19/06 07:36 PM
03/19/06 07:36 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...) [b]That 'Gullah Gullah island' was a real place.[/b]
"BINYA BINYA POLLY WOG!!!"

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: About You #152220
03/19/06 07:39 PM
03/19/06 07:39 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Letizia, no special meaning, that I know of. It means joy, but I don’t know why I was named it.

When I was little, I wished I had an easy name, like Jen or something. Now I don’t care, I’ve started to like my name in the last 5 years or so.

I love the name Alexander. And Dominic... I've never met a Dom I didn't love.

Optimist, usually. But realistic, like Turi said.

About 2-3 hours on average, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I dream as often as I actually sleep deeply enough to do so... and I get all kinds, good, weird, and scary.

I always feel like I need more sleep (who doesn’t?) and I think about the day ahead of me, whether or not I should ditch class, what I should wear, etc.

15-20 minutes. I’m pretty fast.

Short term, I wrote a hell of a paper and I can’t wait to get it back; also I always look forward to the next Laker game, even more so when they’re at home. Also my best friend is turning 21 next week, so that should be fun too. Long term, I guess getting into and then finishing law school, getting a good job. I don't know, sounds boring.

Who do you admire most?
My parents, my grandparents, people who overcome hardship, people who have blazed new trails in art, music, science, etc.

I wanted to be a concert pianist, now I’m a poli-sci major on my way to law school. I still wish I'd gone the pianist route though.

I’m teaching a kid tennis now, and it’s awesome to see how he progresses, and how he adopts certain personal techniques of mine, and so on... so I guess I’m doing that pretty well.

History, things that are not in textbooks, that you’d have to actually read real books to know about. Also, art, and music outside of pop, rock, and hip hop; be it classical or jazz and blues, or anything else. I think our generation needs to become better rounded and have more culture.

I wish people still knew how to use fully manual cameras. It makes you understand light and dark so much better, how to use them and look at them.

My standards, and my expectations of myself.

My tendency to procrastinate, my stubbornness.

Bottled up, unless it’s dumb and trivial.

Both, depends on who I’m with.

Do you lead or follow?
Depends on the situation; usually lead, except in love.

I usually overthink things and end up not doing it, but I’m learning to take more risks.

Very analytical and detail-oriented.

Do you like change?
If it’s good change that’s been a long time coming, yes. If it’s completely unexpected or if it’s bad, then no. Usually not.

How tight-knit and close my family is; sometimes money; my car. A lot of things actually, but fortunately, every once in a while, something happens to remind me not to take things for granted.

Wow, that’s a tough one, because there’s so much beauty and originality to see in the world. But I’d rather be blind. That reminds me of the song, “I’d rather go blind, boy, than to see you walk away from me...” But yeah, thinking about it, not only do I value music higher than visual arts, but also on a practical level... It’s harder to communicate with a deaf person, because not everyone knows sign language. I’d rather be able to still talk to people than to see them.

I don’t really like animals, but maybe a bird. I don’t know.

They’re fun, but not really worth it because they’re over too fast. Especially for the amount of time you have to stand in line beforehand.

I can’t think of any real people I’d like to be. I like who I am and who I’m becoming as I grow up, as cheesy as that sounds.

I used to think that earthquakes were caused by dead people underground shaking the ground. :rolleyes:

Reading.

Re: About You #152221
03/20/06 02:04 AM
03/20/06 02:04 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Katie.. no meaning really.. although my dad swears he picked the name because "Sister Katie" sounded nice.

Roseanne Roseannadanna

I've always liked 'Johnny'.. but I really like my boyfriend's name, Jaron.

An optimist in all things not concerning me

5-6 hours?

I know that I ALWAYS dream. I don't always remember my dreams though. Unless of course they're bad dreams. I used to get a lot of nightmares.. usually when I went to bed upset about something. Not so much lately though.

Very, VERYYY groggy.. and I think about going back to sleep.. which I usually do.. which means I miss class all the time.

Just a couple minutes.. I literally roll out of bed, get dressed, brush my teeth, and leave. No makeup, no hair-do..

Short-term: I'm really looking forward to moving into my new house with my roommate, my friend Sean, and my boyfriend. And this summer me and Jaron are going to take a roadtrip to Sea World, Kennywood, Virginia Beach, and some other places. Verrryy excited
Long-term: After this year, I'm moving in with Jaron.. and then I plan on being a gypsy.

Teaching myself certain things.. like playing guitar and learning HTML/CSS

Who do you admire most?
Jaron.

I always wanted to be an astronaut.. because I REALLY love Astronomy. LOOVVEE it. I wanted to major in it in college, but they don't offer it anywhere in WV.. so I was going to major in Physics, and get a Grad in Astronomy.. but I nixed that. I changed my major to History.. but nixed that too.. I love history, but I'm horrible at writing papers. Right now I'm General Studies, but *if* I go back to school next year, I plan on majoring in Art.. which is the OTHER thing I've always wanted to do.

Astronomy

Music.

Rock & Roll. Metal, to be more exact.

My personality. I like being who I am.

Nothing. I am content.

I've always kept things to myself. I don't trust other people with my problems, generally.

Depends. Usually I'm a listener.

Do you lead or follow?
Lead.

I live by the seat of my pants. Completely spontaneous, no regrets.

Ugh, my roommate is slightly Obsessive-Compulsive, and I can't STAND it. I'm the opposite.

Do you like change?
Change can be good.

I try not to take anything for granted.

Deaf.

Water. I'd be a mermaiddddddddddddd! ....

I LOOVVEEEE roller coasters. They are such a RUSH!

Agh, I'm no good at these kind of questions

I like me.

Umm.. I've got an answer for this, but it will probably spark a debate, which I absolutely do NOT want to do to your thread, Gina. So I'm gonna saayyy.. mythical creatures.. like dragons, unicorns, mermaids.. that kind of thing.

Reading, definately. I absolutely HATE writing.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: About You #152222
03/20/06 04:36 AM
03/20/06 04:36 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
WOW, terrific questionnaire, Gina!

1. What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this?

My name is Nicoletta Lavinia Rossella. Nicoletta after my great grandfather, Lavinia after a Virgilius' Aeneides character and Rossella is the Italian for Scarlett (after Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the wind, my mom's fav female movie character ever)

2. If you could change your name, would you, and to what?

I've been hating all of my names for too long when I was younger, dreaming about more trendy names à la Jessica or Barbara. Now I can bear them. I mean, they belong to me as much as I belong to them.

3. What name do you like for the opposite sex?

I'm an Andrew/Andrea lover. But I wouldn't mind also a Michael, a Patrick or a David. As for Italian names, besides Andrea I'd say Alessandro, Luca, Marco. Classical names, so to say.

4. Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing?

I'm a repentant optimist.

5. How much sleep do you average each night?

too little. Always.

6. Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting?

Yes, I dream (I guess everybody does). My dreams may vary from the most pleasant ones to plain nightmares. Depending on what I had for dinner, I presume.

7. When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about?

I feel lousy. I hate to wake up. I'd love to linger in bed.

8. How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day?

I have to take care of my mother, so it takes me quite a lot. As for me, 45 minutes is enough. Making up requires its time, folks.

9. What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term?

short term, summer holidays. Long term....uhmmm...retirement?

10. What are you most proud of?

my morals.

11. Who do you admire most?

People who got dreams and have the gut to make them true.

12. As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change?

when I was younger I'd love to be a journalist, or a writer, these sort of creative things. But I became a teacher and I loved it. Then things changed and I'm basically a bureaucrat now. Not that I dislike it. I deliberately chose to be. Sometimes I feel I somehow betrayed myself though.

13. What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby)

I was told I was a good teacher. I had (still have, actually!) a passion for Literature.

14. What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.)

I agree with Caterina, good manners! Seriously, grammar.

15. What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate)

Cats!

16. What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice?

My morals. And independence, I guess.

17. What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't?

My invincible laziness.

18. When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside?

My mother and my sister. But basically I'm an introvert.

19. In social situations, are you more of a talker or listener?

Both

20. Do you lead or follow?

Both, dependig on the given circumstances.

21. How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first?

I'm scared to death of risks. I tend to think things through thoroughly.

22. Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle?

Analytical. Overanalytical, actually.

23. Do you like change?

Not really. I'm a creature of habits.

24. What is something that you feel you often take for granted?

Being alive and healthy.

25. If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf?

Mute? No, I guess I'd choose to be deaf.

26. If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be?

With no doubt at all, a cat.

27. How do you feel about roller coasters?

I prefer living....

28. Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best)

Currently Ennis from Brokeback Mountain. Not for the sexual issues, but for the difficulties to live in total harmony with my true self.

29. If not yourself, who would you like to be?

I think I'd love to be a wife and a mother.

30. What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...)

I thought children were automatically given to people when they get married.

31. Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing?

Both. Couldn't live without.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: About You #152223
03/20/06 11:09 AM
03/20/06 11:09 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I was named after my grandmother, Anna Maria, who refused to acknowledge that I was named after her.

I always liked names that end in vowels, like Cassandra, Victoria, Olivia...

Daniel or Luke.

Optimist.

6 or 7 hours.

I'm sure I always dream, but don't remember them all. I think mine are mixed.

How much I have to do that day, which is why I can't play fantasy BB. :p

2 hours, because I get the kids up and off to school before I can shower and get dressed for work.

Each and every new day, both long and short term.

My children.

Who do you admire most?
My mom.

To teach the deaf and blind - I had serious Helen Keller hero worship, and I am about as far from that as you can get.

English.

Current Events.

The Godfather

My outspoken-ness.

My outspoken-ness (only because it gets me into trouble sometimes).

Discuss it ad nauseum.

Talker.

Do you lead or follow?
Lead.

I sometimes shy away from risks, but wish I didn't as often as I do. Also, I am an emotional person, so sometimes I have to pull back and make myself think things over before I jump in and make an emotional decision.

Middle.

Do you like change?
No.

My poor husband.

Deaf.

Land, panther or tiger.

Terror-struck.

Scarlett O'Hara, because sometimes someone needs to be the bitch.

Mrs. Derek Jeter

That my parents weren't born married to one antther.

I used to love to write, but haven't in so long, that I'd have to say reading.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: About You #152224
03/20/06 11:22 AM
03/20/06 11:22 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
I believe Lavi created some fun ones
Gina, are you totally aware that to me this means an encouragement to create other questionnaires? :p

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: About You #152225
03/20/06 11:26 AM
03/20/06 11:26 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
I don't have favorites, though there are some that I definitely dislike.
I like some Russian names. Ivan, Dimitri. Because of The Karamazov brothers, I guess....

Re: About You #152226
03/20/06 12:49 PM
03/20/06 12:49 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
What is your name? Is there any special meaning for why you were named this? My name is David. I am named after my father.

If you could change your name, would you, and to what? Pablo Diego José Santiago Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Crispín Crispiniano de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz Picasso.

What name do you like for the opposite sex? Andrea (pronounced Ahn-DRAY-uh). That's my girlfriend's name.

Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist, in the middle, or constantly changing? Always optimistic, but as mentioned above, realistic.

How much sleep do you average each night? If I don't have at least 8 hours, I am completely unable to function.

Do you dream? How often? Are your dreams usually pleasant or upsetting? I dream all the time, even when I'm awake. Most of the time they're pleasant. I only have nightmares when I'm not feeling well.

When you first wake up, how do you feel, and what do you think about? I hurt. I'm 21 years old, and I've got bad shoulders, a bad hip, bad ankles, bad shins, and a wrist I'll probably never have full use of again. But I'm optimistic!

How long is your morning routine, to get ready for the day? When working, it usually takes me an hour and a half. I get up, grab a shower, a quick breakfast (maybe a Twinkie or something), then it's off toon work. Nowadays, since I'm on medical leave, I don't have much of a routine.

What are some things that you look forward to, both short-term and long-term? Short-term, I plan on going back to college (by this fall, actually). Long-term, I plan on becoming a psychiatrist, marrying my girlfriend of almost 6 years, having a family, all that blather.

What are you most proud of? Overcoming depression (the disease, not hurt feelings).

Who do you admire most? My dad. He's the greatest man I know, and I don't know what I'd do without him.

As a youth, what did/do you want to be and do? If you're an adult, did you end up doing that, or did your desires/opportunities change? As with almost any other little boy, I either wanted to be a police man or a fire fighter. I'm an adult, and the only fire I've put out was in our toaster oven, when my "genius" of a brother decided to put a paper towel in there. And I have been much of a crime fighter, either. Yes, I'd say my desires have changed drasically. I wanna be a psychiatrist (or some other doctor, if the opportunity presents itself.) I'm fascinated with medicine, the human body (especially the brain), and I wanna help people.

What do you think you could teach best? (Not limited to school subjects - any topic or hobby) Music, eventhough I'm completely unable to read sheet music. The ability to read sheet music is a great asset, but it's not entirely necessary. I've taught myself how to play the guitar and the piano, just by listening to songs. I'm able to pick up every single note in a song, just by listening. Then I just mess around with the frets (guitar) or keys (piano) until I find where I need to be, and in about half an hour, I'll play you the song. I taught my stepbrother how to play guitar, and he's better than me now! Sadly, I've been unable to play my guitar since I broke my wrist back in August, so it's mostly been piano for me lately.

What is a general topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (Such as politics, religion, history, etc.) History, and music. History was always my favorite subject in school, and I read as many books as I can get my hands on. And not just American history. I'm fascinated by World History as well.

What is a specific topic that you wish people could be more educated on? (A musical artist, athlete, odd hobby, etc...something that you would want people to understand and appreciate) I hold music very close to my heart. I couldn't live without music, or expressing myself musically. If I were to have a preference on genre, I'd go with rock music (and not that shitty death metal crap). I listen to Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath religiously. But I don't like to limit myself to one specific genre. Overall, if I like how it sounds, then I like it, regardless of the genre.

What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice? My standards. I have very high standards, and I'm very goal oriented. And I've got a good heart. Sometimes I can be a real jerk, but I mean well.

What is something about yourself that you would like to change, but you can't or haven't? My complete inability to accept that I'm wrong sometimes. I will argue with you until you're blue in the face, even if I know I'm wrong. I can't help it, I hate being wrong.

When you have a problem, are you more likely to discuss it with someone or keep it bottled up inside? Earlier in my life, I always bottled it up. I never talked about how I felt. That's what led to my emotional breakdown, and the subsequent 5 years of clinical depression. Nowadays, I tend to talk about them more, but I usually let the little stuff stay inside, and I work it out internally.

In social situations, are you more of a talker or listener? I'll listen until I warm up to you. I'm rather shy, actually.

Do you lead or follow? Depends on the sit-chee-ation (I FINALLY got to use that word! Woo-hoo! )

How would you describe yourself in taking advantage of opportunities and in taking risks? Are you more likely to jump into situations with no second thoughts, or do you think things through thoroughly, first? I analyze EVERYTHING. I break everything down to the absolute smallest detail, and then make my decision.

Are you the analytical type, obsessed with details and perfection, the opposite, or in the middle? See above

Do you like change? Change is tough, but sometimes it's necessary. I like it only if I'm prepared for it. If change just jumps up and bites me in the ass all of a sudden, then no, I don't like it.

What is something that you feel you often take for granted? The love that my father has for me. As I mentioned above, he's the greatest man I know, and I love him more than anything, but we don't talk as much as we used to, and I'm afraid that the one day we get around to bonding, it'll be too late

If you had to choose (of course), would you rather be blind or deaf? Blind, without a question. Yes, it would suck to be either, but I cannot live without music, or the voices of those around me.

If you could be an animal, would it be one of land, air, or water? What would it be? I'd be a house cat. They got it better than anybody!

How do you feel about roller coasters? I love roller coasters, but I hate standing in line for two hours just for 30 seconds of fun.

Which movie/TV character do you see yourself as? (The one that fits your personality best) Dr. Gregory House, as portrayed brilliantly by Hugh Laurie. I'm an absolute smart-ass, but I'm brilliant (if I do say so myself!)

If not yourself, who would you like to be? Nobody. I like me.

What is something funny/strange that you used to believe, that you later found out wasn't true? (Perhaps as a child...) I used to think the Fraggle's lived under my bed. (No, I'm not kidding).

Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing? Reading. I love literature, but I also like reading non-fiction (history, biographies, that sort of thing.)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: About You #152227
03/20/06 01:13 PM
03/20/06 01:13 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
[b] I believe Lavi created some fun ones
Gina, are you totally aware that to me this means an encouragement to create other questionnaires? :p [/b][/quote]Great idea!

Re: About You #152228
03/20/06 01:14 PM
03/20/06 01:14 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by JustMe:
[b] I don't have favorites, though there are some that I definitely dislike.
I like some Russian names. Ivan, Dimitri. Because of The Karamazov brothers, I guess.... [/b][/quote]But not Alexey? He is no favorite with you?

There also is a name Mikhail. Well, basically, it's Michael. Also beautiful. I like it since I was, in the days of my childhood, admiring a certain music celebrity named so.

Re: About You #152229
03/20/06 02:28 PM
03/20/06 02:28 PM
Queens, New York City/Mulberry...
F
FortunatoParadise Offline
Wiseguy
FortunatoParadise  Offline
F
Wiseguy

Fortunato, well, I changed my original name for this one... But I don't remember why.

No, I love my actual name... But ,maybe I would change "Fortunato" for "Fortunate" What ya think?

Rebecca

Pessimist, once I was asked: "The glass is half empty or half loaded" and I answered "I assure you, Honey Bonnie, if someone left that half empty wine glass there you should not drink, ya know terrorism and all... You can catch a disease. Don't drink!" And so I lost my second wife.

Five hours.

Never dreamed since I divorced my first wife!

I think "Damn it, its gonna be a long damn day" Then I say up loud: "Were is my breakfast??"

"I bath, shave, dress up and then eat breakfast outside the house"

I expect nothing.

Me

Who do you admire most?

Me

I ended up doing what I wanted, but then i realized I didnt wanted it.But I always wanted to be the next Sinatra, but a producer told me that I had no voice for it, and I have not... So I refused show business

That, no matter where you go. Cadillac is better than a Lincoln... But I dont know much about cars.

History

People are animals, most of them, so I dont expect much.

Everything or Nothing!

My second wife.

Bottled up inside tight.

Talker, speaker, yeller... And a Lincoln is better than a Cadillac

Do you lead or follow?

Never follower, always leader... Better to lead in hell than to serve in heaven.

I am cold and calculator.

Analytical.

Do you like change?

Yes, as long as it is controled.

Granted? Never heard that word before.

blind, like Ray Charles

Land, cat

Never jumped in one since I divorced my first wife, she lived going with the kids to Disneyland, right?, but once I thrower up in the ride so I told her "I prefer a to ride a Lincoln!"

If I was blind I shall anserw, Bill or Vito Andolini... But I am awake and I see my own troubles: I am a mixture beetwen Silvio Dante and Paulie Gualtieri

George Bush

That a Lincoln was better than a Cadillac. Got ya!

Reading.

Frankie P, I made it to Gangster BB. Net! What a hell, well communicate throw the PM... Speak soon, Schifosa
Re: About You #152230
03/20/06 02:51 PM
03/20/06 02:51 PM
F
FortunatoParadise Offline
Wiseguy
FortunatoParadise  Offline
F
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
I wanna be a lawyer like.... Forget about it.

"Forget about it" Man, long time no hearing that! "Forget About It" Man!

Frankie P, I made it to Gangster BB. Net! What a hell, well communicate throw the PM... Speak soon, Schifosa
Re: About You #152231
03/20/06 03:15 PM
03/20/06 03:15 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Lavinia after a Virgilius' Aeneides character
Where exactly in the story is a Lavinia? Is that the woman in Alba Longa with whom Aeneas marries when he arrives there?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: About You #152233
03/20/06 07:37 PM
03/20/06 07:37 PM
Texas

Texas
Wow, wonderful replies, everyone!

I enjoyed reading each one, and I would love to respond to all of your answers, if I only had the time...I get too chatty on here.

Quote:
Gina, are you totally aware that to me this means an encouragement to create other questionnaires? :p
That would be great! This thread idea just popped into my head, so I ran a search to see what we'd done in the past. I saw yours and remembered how fun they were. I think it'd be wonderful if you started another, and I'm sure everyone feels the same way.

I was looking forward to answers from a few others who haven't participated, yet - Enzo, Geoff, DM, Plaw, DC, and all the rest of you, where are you at?

(And, being the nosy person that I am, I see CS is around. Love to hear from you, too! And no, I didn't forget you, originally - I assumed you might not be around to see this, as I know you've had quite a busy schedule lately.)

Re: About You #152234
03/20/06 08:33 PM
03/20/06 08:33 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
What is something about yourself that you would never change or sacrifice? [b]My huge penis size.[/b]
Bah.

http://www.snopes.com/penis-size/people/ferro.asp

Urban Legend.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: About You #152235
03/21/06 05:09 AM
03/21/06 05:09 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Where exactly in the story is a Lavinia? Is that the woman in Alba Longa with whom Aeneas marries when he arrives there? [/QB]
Yes! I'm lucky I got the name Lavinia instead of DIDO!! WOW, I'm full with admiration for your Aeneidis' knowledge, Enzo!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull