GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Signor Vitelli, 1 invisible), 55 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,132
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,780
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rewind. Stop. Eject. #129520
09/22/05 07:01 PM
09/22/05 07:01 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
1) What would you say is the percentage in Iran of the non-religious folks ? Lets say for example afi, from your family (including uncles etc) - how many are religous and how many are not ?

2) What about clothing ? do you have to wear a veil ? can you wear a mini-skirt and walk the street without getting into trouble? or undershirt? You know, just in general tell us what you can about the clothing.

Ok, please forgive me for the stupid questions, but its better to ask than to remain ignorant

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Rewind. Stop. Eject. #129521
09/22/05 07:18 PM
09/22/05 07:18 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I really can't give a number. Here as far as government business goes you must have some religion whether you are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, etc. I'm Muslim by birth certificate, but that's as far as it goes. I'm much interested in Christian religion. In our family it is much the same. I've actually some atheist family that are considered Muslim by birth certificate. (Birth certificates here have to indicate your religion)

But generally younglings are less religious and Iran's population is very young.

Women here have to cover their body except their face, hands and feet. You can not walk with a mini skirt here. No Sir, unless you are asking for a major trouble. But you don't have to wear a veil either. A small scarf over your head with a blouse and a pair of pants or a long skirt would do.

It is all right, you can ask any questions that I'm able to answer, but I'm off to bed now.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Rewind. Stop. Eject. #129522
09/23/05 06:55 AM
09/23/05 06:55 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Howdy afs, thanx for replying, heres the last one for now :

What is your fav Persian food ?

Oh and please tell me....are you REALLY eating Persian rice everyday, and is that your national food ?

Have you ever been to Japan?...do you think the Persian rice beats the crap outta Japanese rice ? lets hear why

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

Re: Rewind. Stop. Eject. #129523
09/23/05 08:57 AM
09/23/05 08:57 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Hey, there. You're welcome.

Yes, rice has to accompany most dishes here and people eat rice instead of bread except in the morning when bread is most often served. But Persian way of cooking rice is quite unique, when rice is cooked, the rice seeds shouldn't stick to each other, each seed is still separated while it is cooked. Also it has to come with butter or some other fat when it is served. I've never been to Japan but I'e been to their restaurants in the US. In the Japanese or Chinese way of cooking rice however, seeds sticks together and Persians don't like their rice that way. This happens here when a Persian cook doesn't know how to cook the rice.

But Rice has come to the Persian diet not a long time ago. I suspect you can safely say that it has been less than half a century that rice is being eaten everyday nationwide.

My favorite food doesn't have rice ironically, although rice is a must in the Persian dishes nowadays. It is a dish from Esfahan, my hometown. Meat from potted lamb ribs must be grinded and then panned and seasoned with pepper, salt and cinnamon. This is being served with gravy and bread. It is very delicious and I've rarely found this dish in any other city in Iran.

Re: Rewind. Stop. Eject. #129524
09/23/05 07:14 PM
09/23/05 07:14 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Very interesting!

Take down the 77 from your name, rearrange the letters and you got Esfahan.
Afsaneh = Esfahan --- Is that a coincidence, or are you named after your town, Vito Corleone style ?

Maybe the Japanese dont want to separate the seeds because then it would be harder to grasp with the sticks

I was going to ask about Persian Rugs, but I'll save that question for next month

I really appreciate the time you took to answer my questions

Re: Rewind. Stop. Eject. #129525
09/24/05 02:38 AM
09/24/05 02:38 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
That's what spoon is made for!
Thinking of eating with sticks gives me eating disorder. :p

No, problem and I wonder how you already know this much about Persians.

Zia once found the connection too between the two names. There is an alternate way of writing Esfahan in English which is Isfahan. But I've always preferred to use Esfahan. In Persian we use different "s" for each letter, nonetheless, I like this Corleone style.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull