GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 399 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,532
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118390
07/28/05 08:02 PM
07/28/05 08:02 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

BUT WE DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS A TERRORIST, MAYBE HE WAS A DEAF GUY IN RUSH HOUR, OR SOME OTHER INNOCENT MAN WEARING A HEAVY COAT IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER!

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118391
07/28/05 08:23 PM
07/28/05 08:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Maybe one of our British friends here can give me the answer to something that I've been wondering about.

Isn't it true that the police in your country never carried guns? And is it true that only after the July 7th attacks that they started to carry guns? Were these "regular" policeman who didn;t carry guns before or were these "special" forces that always carried guns?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118392
07/29/05 05:04 AM
07/29/05 05:04 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline OP
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline OP
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Maybe one of our British friends here can give me the answer to something that I've been wondering about.

Isn't it true that the police in your country never carried guns? And is it true that only after the July 7th attacks that they started to carry guns? Were these "regular" policeman who didn;t carry guns before or were these "special" forces that always carried guns?

Don Cardi
DC, the regular British police do not carry arms as a matter of course. However of course there are certain units of the police force who are trained for situations where the use of arms might be necessary e.g. terrorist situation, hostage taking etc. The guys in the shooting of the Brazilian were probably special "undercover" type cops.

However since 07/07 a large number of the Transport Police who look after the underground system, have been armed specifically to deal with the current threat.

BTW it appears the guy who was shot was staying in Britain on an out of date visa...probably why he ran..thought it was immigration?

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118393
07/29/05 06:49 AM
07/29/05 06:49 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
And to add to what Senza Mama has said. The regular police patrolling the streets (before 07/07) didn't carry guns but armed response units would be readily available at the nearest station. I live in a relatively small town of 60-70,000 and I never knew we had armed response units until about 4/5 years ago when someone I knew was playing with a toy gun in a public place. I doubt he'd repeat that again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Mafia UK:
MaryCas,

The Police here are very measured about what they tell us - they do let us know what is going on, but only after a certain amount of time has passed and so as to not jeapodize the investigation. A fair amount of the info that we get in the media is from 'unconfirmed' sauces - and we normally hear a few different versions of the story before the truth comes out.

I think that the US news agencies sometimes give out more information than our own - for example, there were a number of photgraphs released yesterday from abc news that the UK networks bourght off them.
You're right. I've been watching the US news stations (mainly Fox) for a number of years now and when something big like what has happened recently it's easier to get a better understanding by flicking through the channels. The pictures which were on pretty much every newspaper cover yesterday were not suppossed to be released to us after highest of police requests but like you said ABC ran them and sold them.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118394
07/29/05 08:56 AM
07/29/05 08:56 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
DC, the regular British police do not carry arms as a matter of course. However of course there are certain units of the police force who are trained for situations where the use of arms might be necessary e.g. terrorist situation, hostage taking etc. The guys in the shooting of the Brazilian were probably special "undercover" type cops.

However since 07/07 a large number of the Transport Police who look after the underground system, have been armed specifically to deal with the current threat.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118395
07/29/05 02:43 PM
07/29/05 02:43 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

HUGE raids this morning in London, I was watching the news when "breaking news" flashed across at about 9 AM ET. The London police apparently tossed a couple of flash-bangs into one of the houses and captured 2 of the men who are involved in the bombings. West London, Liverpool Street, and in Rome, there were successful raids.

Four Bombers Held (Source: SKYNews)

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull