GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Brovelli, RushStreet, JGil916), 195 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,345
Posts1,058,974
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Would you become a rat? Be honest please. #1077588
12/21/23 05:43 PM
12/21/23 05:43 PM
R
RushStreet Online content OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Online Content OP
R
Underboss
Please take a moment and absorb this question before answering it. It is very serious and you must be 100% sure before you answer.

Would you, if facing life behind bars (not convicted yet of any crimes, only facing an indictment), become a rat? Would you do it?

Yes or No?

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077590
12/21/23 05:56 PM
12/21/23 05:56 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
This cannot be answered honestly by anyone NOT facing real time.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077595
12/21/23 06:10 PM
12/21/23 06:10 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
It can't be answered truly by anyone not facing real time, true, all we can do is speculate on what we would do. Here's some words of wisdom from Mike Tyson:

'The hole was a trip. They threw me in a six-foot-by-nine-foot room with just a mattress on the floor and a toilet. During the day they would remove the mattress and make me sleep on the concrete floor because they didn't want me to be comfortable. It was pretty inhumane to be in a room 23 hours a day with the light always on, but you get used to it. You become your own best company. In a weird way, you get your freedom in the hole!'

I personally can relate to that statement. During my years of incarceration, in some ways I felt more free in there than out here. But not everyone's story or outlook is the same. You might feel the complete opposite.

Last edited by Liggio; 12/21/23 06:47 PM.
Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077596
12/21/23 06:14 PM
12/21/23 06:14 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
What about the guys who flipped who weren't even facing real time? Prison isn't the only thing that leads someone down the rat path. Or even Bent Finger Lou, I heard he flipped over a measly 5 years.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077599
12/21/23 06:37 PM
12/21/23 06:37 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
I think we should look at it for what it is, guys who have been scheming and scamming all their lives see yet another angle they can exploit and go for it. Sure, a very tiny few might believe in omerta or some street codes, and no matter how bad they are or how many rules they break, they can't bring themselves to break that one. If it was up to me, there wouldn't be any such thing as cooperation deals. You get caught, you face your own consequences.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Liggio] #1077600
12/21/23 06:53 PM
12/21/23 06:53 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Liggio
I think we should look at it for what it is, guys who have been scheming and scamming all their lives see yet another angle they can exploit and go for it. Sure, a very tiny few might believe in omerta or some street codes, and no matter how bad they are or how many rules they break, they can't bring themselves to break that one. If it was up to me, there wouldn't be any such thing as cooperation deals. You get caught, you face your own consequences.

The deals are important because one man in the right place can help to know and destroy the oc gruop,the worst thing is when give fill immunity a killer like Gravano that for 19 murders made few yeats and the feds gave him a golden watch as a gift.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077604
12/21/23 07:14 PM
12/21/23 07:14 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Well look at Bingy Arilotta. This guy actually ratted down instead of up. Official made member of organized crime gives up mere associates and walks free. And wasn't he like the main instigator behind the murder of Al Bruno? My memory is a little rusty, if I'm wrong anyone can correct me.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Liggio] #1077606
12/21/23 07:21 PM
12/21/23 07:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Well look at Bingy Arilotta. This guy actually ratted down instead of up. Official made member of organized crime gives up mere associates and walks free. And wasn't he like the main instigator behind the murder of Al Bruno? My memory is a little rusty, if I'm wrong anyone can correct me.

Thats a real piece of garbage!

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077610
12/21/23 11:45 PM
12/21/23 11:45 PM
T
Thekid99 Offline
Associate
Thekid99  Offline
T
Associate
I would say no with an asterisk. I have been given the option in the past not for life but years and laughed when I said take me to prison. The reason for the asterisk is I’m single with no children and honestly being locked up doesn’t bother me that much, if I was to have a wife and children I don’t know if I would have the same mentality that I do now especially if they were young. Good thing I don’t do anything illegal anymore except a quick 90 I just did for a dui.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Thekid99] #1077611
12/22/23 12:27 AM
12/22/23 12:27 AM
R
Underboss
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Thekid99
I would say no with an asterisk. I have been given the option in the past not for life but years and laughed when I said take me to prison. The reason for the asterisk is I’m single with no children and honestly being locked up doesn’t bother me that much, if I was to have a wife and children I don’t know if I would have the same mentality that I do now especially if they were young. Good thing I don’t do anything illegal anymore except a quick 90 I just did for a dui.

Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas to you. Happy New Year as well!

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077615
12/22/23 02:25 AM
12/22/23 02:25 AM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
To me, ratting is part of the hustle. Guys like Gravano or Casso had a hustler mentality and when facing time in jail, they hustled their way out of it by becoming informant.

We often mention how weak informants are but I think it's much more cynical than that. These are guys who spend every minute of their life hustling and turning things their way, so when they facing a major issue like being incarcerated, they find a way to get out of it.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077617
12/22/23 05:26 AM
12/22/23 05:26 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Life with possibility of parole or not? If I have sons in the life would accept in both cases but if I was alone with nobody that can help my family or me in prison better to flip and joint witsec even if today nobody kill the rats anymore.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 12/22/23 05:27 AM.
Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077619
12/22/23 06:19 AM
12/22/23 06:19 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
I think the ones who don't rat really just hate the idea of ratting so bad that they just can't do it. Like snitching literally turns their stomach upside down. I don't think it really has much to do with a sense of honor. But what do I know.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Liggio] #1077625
12/22/23 07:13 AM
12/22/23 07:13 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
I think the ones who don't rat really just hate the idea of ratting so bad that they just can't do it. Like snitching literally turns their stomach upside down. I don't think it really has much to do with a sense of honor. But what do I know.

Like the Geas brothers that even if was only associates prefer to get life and killed Bulger because wss a rat even if was an 80 y old man on a wheelchair.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077628
12/22/23 08:00 AM
12/22/23 08:00 AM
R
Underboss
R
Underboss
Its called Integrity. You made a promise and you keep it.

Most guys will face circumstances where they are not looking at life in prison anyway. Maybe 15-20 years. Is it really worth ratting instead of accepting that? Doing time and then being respected that much more in the long run not only by others but most importantly yourself?

Every day you wake up you gotta look in the mirror and the eyes of others.

Now this is all speculation on my part considering Ive never been in that position so take it for what it is.

Last edited by RushStreet; 12/22/23 08:06 AM.
Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: majicrat] #1077640
12/22/23 10:23 AM
12/22/23 10:23 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by majicrat
This cannot be answered honestly by anyone NOT facing real time.

Haha the people who say they hate rats the most will flip first

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Malavita] #1077647
12/22/23 12:37 PM
12/22/23 12:37 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
[quote=Malavita]To me, ratting is part of the hustle. Guys like Gravano or Casso had a hustler mentality and when facing time in jail, they hustled their way out of it by becoming informant.

We often mention how weak informants are but I think it's much more cynical than that. These are guys who spend every minute of their life hustling and turning things their way, so when they facing a major issue like being incarcerated, they find a way to get out of it.[/

Absolutely correct. Most guys in the life in the past 40 years don’t give a fuck about anybody but themselves, that often even includes their own blood.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077648
12/22/23 12:39 PM
12/22/23 12:39 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I would not go into a life of crime, but if I did I would accept the consequences and not rat. All the ones who say that their families were not taken care of are just making an excuse, same as "I realized that the life was no good" or "I thought they were going to kill me." Gravano, Mike Franzese DiLeonardo, Leonetti, all weaklings and selfish.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: jace] #1077649
12/22/23 12:54 PM
12/22/23 12:54 PM
R
Underboss
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
I would not go into a life of crime, but if I did I would accept the consequences and not rat. All the ones who say that their families were not taken care of are just making an excuse, same as "I realized that the life was no good" or "I thought they were going to kill me." Gravano, Mike Franzese DiLeonardo, Leonetti, all weaklings and selfish.

Too many guys get involved in the life for the wrong reasons. There have been guys who turned rat because they were bitter that they were not made and thought they deserved to be so. Which is total pussy shit to be completely honest.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: jace] #1077650
12/22/23 12:55 PM
12/22/23 12:55 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member

Who do you think goes into a life of crime? Sociopaths. By definition they are selfish. This isn’t 1934 all of these people could have led lives that didn’t involve being career criminals.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077653
12/22/23 01:21 PM
12/22/23 01:21 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
And you don’t have to believe me but I’ve been around wiseguys my whole life. I come here to read what amount to basically gossip about people I used to know. I don’t talk about people who are still alive because to me that is dry snitching (ratting). But let me tell you first hand that none of these guys would piss on you if you were on fire unless they could get something out of it. Older generations like my grandfather and his people it was a different story. There was a respect that doesn’t exist today. But that was when Italians were actually discriminated against and lived in relative poverty. Those guys were also involved in rackets like policy and bootlegging. Stuff your average person didn’t think was a bad thing and is even legal run by the government today. That generation is gone. There were wiseguys I considered friends in the younger generations but if you are actually connected to the street and savvy you know that when push comes to shove they would fuck you over in a cocaine heartbeat. Even if they are relatives. Almost every single one of them. I found myself in a situation where I realized I was being setup to take the heat on something from someone I trusted. My eyes opened real quick and haven’t looked back. Fortunately I never ended up in a position where I had to actually think about cooperating. But when you are sitting in that chair and realize somebody who acted like they love you was setting you up to take all of the punishment, has done this to others, and was only treating you like their cugine when they had something to exploit you for… hard to say what you would do. When you realize that’s how the life works you get out of it if you are smart and aren’t too deep. Plus your “friends” would set up your murder and try and bang your wife after just as likely as they’d rat you out. Honor and respect is the movies. My two cents.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: southshorekid] #1077654
12/22/23 01:43 PM
12/22/23 01:43 PM
R
Underboss
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by southshorekid
And you don’t have to believe me but I’ve been around wiseguys my whole life. I come here to read what amount to basically gossip about people I used to know. I don’t talk about people who are still alive because to me that is dry snitching (ratting). But let me tell you first hand that none of these guys would piss on you if you were on fire unless they could get something out of it. Older generations like my grandfather and his people it was a different story. There was a respect that doesn’t exist today. But that was when Italians were actually discriminated against and lived in relative poverty. Those guys were also involved in rackets like policy and bootlegging. Stuff your average person didn’t think was a bad thing and is even legal run by the government today. That generation is gone. There were wiseguys I considered friends in the younger generations but if you are actually connected to the street and savvy you know that when push comes to shove they would fuck you over in a cocaine heartbeat. Even if they are relatives. Almost every single one of them. I found myself in a situation where I realized I was being setup to take the heat on something from someone I trusted. My eyes opened real quick and haven’t looked back. Fortunately I never ended up in a position where I had to actually think about cooperating. But when you are sitting in that chair and realize somebody who acted like they love you was setting you up to take all of the punishment, has done this to others, and was only treating you like their cugine when they had something to exploit you for… hard to say what you would do. When you realize that’s how the life works you get out of it if you are smart and aren’t too deep. Plus your “friends” would set up your murder and try and bang your wife after just as likely as they’d rat you out. Honor and respect is the movies. My two cents.

Well said! They don't involve me in the life and I don't want to be involved. They never once wanted me to go that route and I know the reason why as they know our friendship would deteriorate if I was to do so.

That way when we both shake each others hand it means something and is genuine.

I'm glad you are on the boards and can share your life experience in regards to my question. Much appreciated!

Last edited by RushStreet; 12/22/23 01:45 PM.
Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077655
12/22/23 01:44 PM
12/22/23 01:44 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
One last thing because I want that point to be relatable to people who don’t actually know guys involved in organized crime. A lot of them are addicts. Whether gambling, alcohol, drugs, or expensive lifestyle. You might not know an OC guy but I bet you know an addict or two who would rob their own mother. That’s the mentality.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: southshorekid] #1077656
12/22/23 01:50 PM
12/22/23 01:50 PM
R
Underboss
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by southshorekid
One last thing because I want that point to be relatable to people who don’t actually know guys involved in organized crime. A lot of them are addicts. Whether gambling, alcohol, drugs, or expensive lifestyle. You might not know an OC guy but I bet you know an addict or two who would rob their own mother. That’s the mentality.

Yes indeed. There are plenty of junkies out there involved in the life. Usually lower level guys from what I have seen.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: jace] #1077689
12/22/23 03:55 PM
12/22/23 03:55 PM
B
Brovelli Online content
Made Member
Brovelli  Online Content
B
Made Member

In a few of the cases the ones that stand out are dileonardo pennisi and gravano they felt betrayed by the life or people in the life. Whether you agree with their reasons for feeling betrayed is another matter but would you be loyal to someone or something you felt betrayed by?

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077692
12/22/23 04:01 PM
12/22/23 04:01 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Gravano is the only one out of those you mentioned who might get a pass. If not for the Gotti tapes, they wouldn't even have been in that courtroom. To answer your question, that's some pansy-wansy shit to me. "Oh my feelings are hurt I'm gonna run and tell" and this is an organization supposedly made of machismo.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077693
12/22/23 04:03 PM
12/22/23 04:03 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
I guess Pennisi thought his life was in danger? Or so he claims. No way to prove one way or another. I forgot DiLeonardo's exact reason but, again, to me, sounded really ridiculous.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Liggio] #1077707
12/22/23 06:57 PM
12/22/23 06:57 PM
B
Brovelli Online content
Made Member
Brovelli  Online Content
B
Made Member
Gravano is the only one out of those you mentioned who might get a pass. If not for the Gotti tapes, they wouldn't even have been in that courtroom. To answer your question, that's some pansy-wansy shit to me. "Oh my feelings are hurt I'm gonna run and tell" and this is an organization supposedly made of machismo.

I guess my point is that manliness you talk about, would I be more manly if I sit in jail and you put me on the shelf, fuck my wife, take my money and leave me with nothing or if I be a little bitch and rat on you lol. It’s a funny situation

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: Liggio] #1077708
12/22/23 07:00 PM
12/22/23 07:00 PM
B
Brovelli Online content
Made Member
Brovelli  Online Content
B
Made Member
I guess Pennisi thought his life was in danger? Or so he claims. No way to prove one way or another. I forgot DiLeonardo's exact reason but, again, to me, sounded really ridiculous.

Dileonardo was put on the shelf and I guess money stopped coming his way. Facing life and they put you on the shelf, be loyal to what lol? I will say in pennisis defence people will call him paranoid etc which he may be but the luccheses had someone murdered as recent as 2013 when he was indicted and the people he was beefing with were all murderers as he is himself. So as someone who has killed surrounded by people who have killed you can understand why he believed them capable of killing him. If they actually were or not is another debate I guess

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077725
12/22/23 09:47 PM
12/22/23 09:47 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
DiLeonardo was shelved cause he was caught stealing from the family, they cold have killed him. I also think it was the second time he had stolen money. They treated him like a baby, which he turned out to be. He was crying in jail, and needed counseling!! A punk, now acting tough on youtube.

Last edited by jace; 12/22/23 09:48 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull