GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, BarrettM), 396 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,102
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
*NEW* Carmine Galante Pt. 2 Revised Release #1066073
08/06/23 01:19 PM
08/06/23 01:19 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Part 2 of my revised and improved Carmie Galante series. This part has quite a bit more info than the original, including some never heard before tidbits that were shared with me by a relative of Galante's.

Re: *NEW* Carmine Galante Pt. 2 Revised Release [Re: Iceveins] #1066076
08/06/23 01:42 PM
08/06/23 01:42 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Already saw it the moment you posted it and so great vid and thanks. Dont remember if I told you about the story regarding Galante and the Chicago Outfit. You see, during the 1950's the Chicago family was also involved in the dope business but it seems they had some type of rule similar to "deal but dont get caught". This means that some members and associates of the Outfit who were caught with drugs were either killed or shelved. And so because of the many killings that occurred in Chicago at the time, according to one informant, by the end of 1958 Galante visited Chicago and sources say that Galante first visited Calumet City, an area under control of the Chicago Heights faction which was led by Frank LaPorte who in turn succeeded Jim Ammiratto or Amaratti (another big time dope dealer), and later Galante went to Cicero for another meeting and after that went straight back to the east coast.

I dont know if the story is true 100% since the informant was Harold Konigsberg who was close to many members from the New York crime families and according to his story, he was the one who allegedly drove Galante to Chicago. And so according to him, besides Galante and members from the Outfit, other individuals present on that meeting were also members from the Genovese crime family, long time allies of the Midwest Mob. Konigsberg also claimed that during the meeting, the Genovese faction strongly defended the Chicago family regarding some "unknown subject" (probably killing their dope dealers) and so in the end, the sitdown between Galante and whoever sat on the other side of the table from the Chicago boys, ended in favor of the Outfit.

That same year or after the meeting with Galante, many so-called urgent travels and meetings occurred which included some high profile Outfit members and also indicates that there was obviously some kind of problem. For example, Accardo and one of his long-time buddies and also Police lieutenant, Anthony DeGrazio went to Rome, Italy, where they met with former Chi Heights boss Dominic Roberto. Proof for their meeting were the names of the hotel rooms in which they stayed, and right across Accardo’s room, was the apartment of “Dominic Roberts” which was Roberto’s alias. Shortly after Accardo’s visit, Chi Heights bosses Joe Guzzino and Frank LaPorte again travelled to Italy, but in 1960 Galante was caught and was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Later or in January 1974, Galante was released and according to one Chicago Tribune article, he allegedly arranged for two meetings, one in Chicago and one in Florida, with the Outfit’s “junk” opposing faction such as Jack Cerone and Tony Accardo.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: *NEW* Carmine Galante Pt. 2 Revised Release [Re: Iceveins] #1066077
08/06/23 01:51 PM
08/06/23 01:51 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@Iceveins

I enjoyed your video two days ago…..

But where did you get that Rastelli stepped down as boss because his step-son got shot???

Rastelli appointed Galante as “Acting boss””….. Galante never took control…. He was appointed by Rastelli ….. They were friends…..

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: *NEW* Carmine Galante Pt. 2 Revised Release [Re: Zavattoni] #1066081
08/06/23 02:19 PM
08/06/23 02:19 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Iceveins

I enjoyed your video two days ago…..

But where did you get that Rastelli stepped down as boss because his step-son got shot???

Rastelli appointed Galante as “Acting boss””….. Galante never took control…. He was appointed by Rastelli ….. They were friends…..
That is absolutely false brother.

Re: *NEW* Carmine Galante Pt. 2 Revised Release [Re: Toodoped] #1066082
08/06/23 02:21 PM
08/06/23 02:21 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Already saw it the moment you posted it and so great vid and thanks. Dont remember if I told you about the story regarding Galante and the Chicago Outfit. You see, during the 1950's the Chicago family was also involved in the dope business but it seems they had some type of rule similar to "deal but dont get caught". This means that some members and associates of the Outfit who were caught with drugs were either killed or shelved. And so because of the many killings that occurred in Chicago at the time, according to one informant, by the end of 1958 Galante visited Chicago and sources say that Galante first visited Calumet City, an area under control of the Chicago Heights faction which was led by Frank LaPorte who in turn succeeded Jim Ammiratto or Amaratti (another big time dope dealer), and later Galante went to Cicero for another meeting and after that went straight back to the east coast.

I dont know if the story is true 100% since the informant was Harold Konigsberg who was close to many members from the New York crime families and according to his story, he was the one who allegedly drove Galante to Chicago. And so according to him, besides Galante and members from the Outfit, other individuals present on that meeting were also members from the Genovese crime family, long time allies of the Midwest Mob. Konigsberg also claimed that during the meeting, the Genovese faction strongly defended the Chicago family regarding some "unknown subject" (probably killing their dope dealers) and so in the end, the sitdown between Galante and whoever sat on the other side of the table from the Chicago boys, ended in favor of the Outfit.

That same year or after the meeting with Galante, many so-called urgent travels and meetings occurred which included some high profile Outfit members and also indicates that there was obviously some kind of problem. For example, Accardo and one of his long-time buddies and also Police lieutenant, Anthony DeGrazio went to Rome, Italy, where they met with former Chi Heights boss Dominic Roberto. Proof for their meeting were the names of the hotel rooms in which they stayed, and right across Accardo’s room, was the apartment of “Dominic Roberts” which was Roberto’s alias. Shortly after Accardo’s visit, Chi Heights bosses Joe Guzzino and Frank LaPorte again travelled to Italy, but in 1960 Galante was caught and was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Later or in January 1974, Galante was released and according to one Chicago Tribune article, he allegedly arranged for two meetings, one in Chicago and one in Florida, with the Outfit’s “junk” opposing faction such as Jack Cerone and Tony Accardo.
Interesting thanks, I know Galante associated with all the families around the country but didn't hear much about his dealings with the Outfit.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull