GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Big_Tuna93, Malavita, Turnbull), 590 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,537
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester #1064359
07/19/23 03:35 PM
07/19/23 03:35 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Due to other ongoing projects, the historical background story about Rochester's underworld and its related Mafia membership chart was considerably delayed. Lisa and I apologize for that. So, as a courtesy to all of our fans and forum members, we have decided to release the article FREE of charge for everyones enjoyment. It is NOT behind our paywall.
-

The background story and hierarchy membership chart that follows below represents the Valenti Family from its mid-1950s formation through the late 1980s, a nearly thirty-five-year time period. By the 1990s, through bloody gangland warfare, the family had basically gutted itself, and from that point forward, there was little left in the way of a solid structured or functioning Family.

Button Guys names a total of 519 mafiosi and hoodlums, including 46 fully inducted Family members as well as another 473 “associates” who kicked up a portion of their profits to Frank Valenti and his men over the years.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/frank-valenti-family-chart-rochester-new-york/

Lisa and I both hope you enjoy it!

Best regards...'The Other Guy'

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/21/23 08:12 AM.
Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064368
07/19/23 04:47 PM
07/19/23 04:47 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Here's a bit of 'behind the scenes' ButtonGuys trivia for those of you interested in that sort of jazz.

I had originally hesitated even tackling this particular project because I was very unsure about how to approach the article and chart that I envisioned for the Rochester Family, and really wasn't sure that I'd be able to gather up everything I needed and then lay it all out in a proper chronological order that would make any kind of sense to the reader.

So, if you would, after reading this piece, your views and feedback is appreciated.

Best regards...'The Other Guy'

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/19/23 07:19 PM.
Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064401
07/19/23 08:30 PM
07/19/23 08:30 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Great stuff. This is my first introduction to your site and i enjoyed it. I like the writing style a lot, makes for an easy read. I do have a couple points/questions.

1.) In the article you stated, "These ancient criminal networks as well as other independent Italian criminals later formed La Mano Nera, better known as The Blackhand, which were early extortion gangs comprised of various Italian hoodlums that preyed on their communities." This is a widely held belief, but it actually isn't true. The black hand was merely an extortion tactic- as opposed to an organization- used by all criminals. Most of the time in fact it wasn't even a large group effort, rather a couple friends trying to make a buck. It also wasn't just an Italian thing. As Celeste Morello noted in her book, a group of Non-Italians were arrested in New Castle, PA and they were not of Italian descent. The newspapers made it seem as if it was ONLY Italians, but this simply wasn't true.

2.)In the article you also stated, "over 100 of the most important and powerful Mafia figures were having a major pow-wow at the time." This may very well be true, but only 61 got caught and I only know of 30 suspected members, do you have a list of the hundred?

3.) On the associate list a name jumped out at me. His name was Joseph Zito. In D'Elia's new book Zito is listed as a member of the Pittston family. This is likely the author making a mistake as he was likely an associate. We can infer this from the Pittsburgh Crime Commission report that states he was a Pittston associate. So why do you believe he was a Rochester associate instead of Pittston?

4.) Do you have any information for the associate you listed named Thomas Kelliher?

Thanks in advance and good article.

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064412
07/20/23 05:54 AM
07/20/23 05:54 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
@NYM and @MafiaStudent thanks a lot for the article and the chart. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks!!!!

Interesting to note is that Pittsburgh possibly had some type of similar "clique" or structure as the Chicago Outfit, and I can see they also had many leading "Mainlanders". FOH is also expert on these stuff but I just want to give my two cents.

Btw, @NYM do you know something about this type of rank or position aka the "capo squadrone" term within the Pittsburgh mafia...already asked this question a million times in the past and never really received a straight answer from anyone...it seems the position was different and possibly more influential than capo regime or capo decina...back in the days I used the term in one of my Outfit charts so I can explain powerful capos who had other capos beneath them....

[Linked Image]

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064431
07/20/23 01:10 PM
07/20/23 01:10 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Sullycantwell
Great stuff. This is my first introduction to your site and i enjoyed it. I like the writing style a lot, makes for an easy read. I do have a couple points/questions.

1.) In the article you stated, "These ancient criminal networks as well as other independent Italian criminals later formed La Mano Nera, better known as The Blackhand, which were early extortion gangs comprised of various Italian hoodlums that preyed on their communities." This is a widely held belief, but it actually isn't true. The black hand was merely an extortion tactic- as opposed to an organization- used by all criminals. Most of the time in fact it wasn't even a large group effort, rather a couple friends trying to make a buck. It also wasn't just an Italian thing. As Celeste Morello noted in her book, a group of Non-Italians were arrested in New Castle, PA and they were not of Italian descent. The newspapers made it seem as if it was ONLY Italians, but this simply wasn't true.

2.)In the article you also stated, "over 100 of the most important and powerful Mafia figures were having a major pow-wow at the time." This may very well be true, but only 61 got caught and I only know of 30 suspected members, do you have a list of the hundred?

3.) On the associate list a name jumped out at me. His name was Joseph Zito. In D'Elia's new book Zito is listed as a member of the Pittston family. This is likely the author making a mistake as he was likely an associate. We can infer this from the Pittsburgh Crime Commission report that states he was a Pittston associate. So why do you believe he was a Rochester associate instead of Pittston?

4.) Do you have any information for the associate you listed named Thomas Kelliher?

Thanks in advance and good article.

Sully,

To answer your questions (with "sources" attached):

** At the time he became a rat and testified at several trials against Russ Bufalino, Frank Valenti, and a bunch of other mafiosi from Rochester, Binghamton, and Buffalo among them, Joseph Zito was being reported as a Mafia "member." I do not believe that to have been the case. In fact, not at all. He was a half-assed associate who bounced around and dealt with many various guys from various crews.

There is much conjecture as to which crew he actually "belonged" with, if anyone in particular, at all. Truth be told, he may well have only been a semi-independent hoodlum who worked and bounced around among several crime families, including Pittston’s Bufalino Family and Rochester’s Valenti Family.

So, by definition, that could (and would) make him a Valenti Family “associate,” especially the fact that on several occasions its been well documented that Zito had to "report" to Valenti personally and capitulate to his demands and orders.

And even with that said, it still does NOT mean that Zito was exclusive to that particular Family. Understand?

Because, it you’ve learned anything at all, you should know that there are Family associates, and then there are Family "associates!”

** Thomas Killaher was a low-level associate engaged in gambling rackets.

** Although 62 mafiosi were actually nabbed at Apalachin, it was widely reported that dozens and dozens more mafiosi scurried through the woods and were thought to have escaped the clutches of law enforcement's net. And "estimates" by the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, as well as other reputable sources, put the total number of actual attendees at approximately 100 or more guests. "So, please don’t kill the messenger." Lol.

In fact, I'm guessing your "61 got caught and I only know of 30 suspected members" statement is referring to what's listed in the Apalachin Chart created by "Angelo Santino" aka "Chris Christie" - the researcher you've mentioned numerous times since you've come on GBB to comment on posts by Button Guys - which seems, based on your posting "history," are (with the exception of three) the only posts you seem to have an interest in.

By your own count, and according to that chart - it lists 91 members - well, really 90 because I've never heard of "Emilio Buttoni," so perhaps you can enlighten us on who that might be.

Plus, I'm sure you've already figured out that there are several missing mafiosi on that chart. So, "your" count along with the missing members would align with the "estimates" by the FBI, etc.

** And lastly, but certainly not least is my response to your "question" about my use of the term "La Mano Nera."

But before I get to my answer, I must ask you a question in turn and that is: You’re kidding me, right? You gotta be kidding me with such an adolescent and foolhardy question as that.

I actually thought you were more on the ball than that. But, I guess you’ve proved me wrong. Because this question is the equivalent of you, trying to sing to the choir! LOL. Please, don’t insult my intelligence. Because any entry-level mob aficionado should know that "La Mano Nera" was never one "formal" rubber-stamped and incorporated organization with a structure and formal hierarchy, or one monolith entity such as the Mafia, Cosa Nostra, Camorra, or La Societa Onorata.

As I just stated, "La Mano Nera" was not a formal organization, per se, but the name - the term - became a widely used buzzword and overarching "theme," if you will, that was used by a variety of Italian criminals, whether they be Sicilian, Calabrian, Napolitani, Barese, or the many others of various individuals who extorted under that "alleged" banner. And whether or not they were, in fact, "connected" guys or a few independent Italian criminals makes no difference whatsoever.

“La Mano Nera” or "The Black Hand" was a convenient moniker to further their extortionate goals.

Note: And with all due respect to Celeste Morello, I didn’t need to wait for her to teach me about "La Mano Nera."

So, on review and to recap. you either really need to brush up on your reading comprehension, or you’re just trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. Thus why it seems you've only started commenting on GBB - after being a member for over a year - to nit-pick and question every little comma and to make sure every "T" is crossed and every single "I" is dotted, in a painfully transparent and thinly veiled attempt to try and discredit Button Guys of The New York Mafia and its authors.

Which could never happen in a million years, get it?

- "The Other Guy"

Attached Files 1-zito-5-20-72-buffalo-news.png2-kelliher-9-10-70-democratchronile.png3-appalachin chart.jpg4-Buffalo PD Then and Now - Apalachin.jpg
Last edited by NYMafia; 07/20/23 02:41 PM.
Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064435
07/20/23 01:51 PM
07/20/23 01:51 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
No clue why you're so angry. You should learn to take some criticism once in a while. Thanks for the Zito and Kelliher info though. As for the Apalachin response, im not sure who Buttoni is. I cant find any info on him.

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064436
07/20/23 02:28 PM
07/20/23 02:28 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Lol. I'm really not angry at all. I'm just really correct!

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064482
07/21/23 06:21 AM
07/21/23 06:21 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by NYMafia

+1 and in fact you already gave a good explanation but as you already know, some people cant handle the truth. So tnx again.

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Toodoped] #1064487
07/21/23 07:06 AM
07/21/23 07:06 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Toodoped

+1 and in fact you already gave a good explanation but as you already know, some people cant handle the truth. So tnx again.

No problem TD. In fact, truth be told. it was actually my pleasure.

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064509
07/21/23 12:09 PM
07/21/23 12:09 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Sullycantwell
No clue why you're so angry. You should learn to take some criticism once in a while. Thanks for the Zito and Kelliher info though. As for the Apalachin response, im not sure who Buttoni is. I cant find any info on him.

That's what's so mind-boggling. The guy is listed as a Lucchese caporegime according to "Angelo" so you'd think there would be something on him. Maybe Mafia101 can fill us in....

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064510
07/21/23 12:25 PM
07/21/23 12:25 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Not sure why I'm brought into this but I'll fill you guys in once you explain to me why on your Gambino Connecticut 1985 or whatever chart you had a Genovese member listed and someone listed as a soldier who wasn't made until 2003? lol asked several times and I'm still waiting for the teachers to explain that one lol

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064515
07/21/23 01:24 PM
07/21/23 01:24 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

It's unbelievable that such self-proclaimed "esteemed" researchers such as yourselves would list a fictitious guy by the name of Emilio Buttoni on your “Apalachin Chart” as a top-ranked "Capo” in the Gaetano Lucchese Family who you say lived in Jackson Heights, no less? And that this Emilio Buttoni was, in fact, one of the exulted ranked mafiosi “attendees” at the infamous November 14, 1957 “Apalachin Mafia Meeting” of Mafia leaders from all across the nation?

Oh my God! Please, tell me you were just kidding us!

Maybe instead of critiquing other researchers' work in the denigrating way all of you do with ANYONE who isn't part of your little "clique," maybe each of you should start learning how to take some criticism yourselves! Because your continuous comedy of errors is simply way too much for any logical person to swallow.

So, how does it feel now fellas? To be on the receiving end? LOL

On that note…

Mafia 101, please tell us again, "instruct" and try ridiculing us again, about how our Frank Piccolo Hierarchy Chart listed Thomas (Tommy the Blond) Vastano as being connected with the Gambino Family’s Piccolo Regime even though he was "technically" a Genovese guy. LOL

Please, go ahead!

At least Tommy Vastano was a REAL GUY, A REAL MAFIOSO, and a decades-long known associate and partner of Frank Piccolo and his entire crew. NOT a fictitious, made-up name that "Chris Christie" aka "Angelo Santino" listed on a chart about one of the most important events in Mafia history.

But maybe we're wrong. Maybe Emilio Buttoni’s real last name is Buitoni? As in the famous Buitoni Macaroni Company? Yeah, that's it! “Emilio” ran all the macaroni rackets in NYC. I hear he was really "'rollin in the dough.” LOL

It really has to make any logical and even-minded reader really question your ultimate motives here. And it certainly sheds new light on why you and your little buddies have continued to let Button Guys live in your head rent-free for the last four years.

* "Emilio Buttoni" - 4th row - second column. No pic either. I wonder why?

Attached Files 3-appalachin chart.jpg
Last edited by NYMafia; 07/21/23 01:45 PM.
Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064517
07/21/23 01:57 PM
07/21/23 01:57 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Why do you keep bringing up other people who have nothing to do with what I said? If anyone is living rent free in someone's head it might be the people who keep posting passive aggressive jabs in the jokes and wisdom posts and bringing them up in posts they have no involvement in.

No one ridiculed you I asked you a legitimate question multiple times and you decided to ignore it because I questioned you. You've been defensive against everyone who's questioned your work lol you label a chart the Frank Piccolo Regime and then lists people in the Genovese Family and I noticed you didn't answer the other part of my question about having someone named a member when they weren't made until 2003.

If you're going to get so worked up and rude when questioned about your work maybe fuck off behind your paywall a stop posting in a public space you whiny little bitchlol

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064518
07/21/23 02:04 PM
07/21/23 02:04 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
We have a internet tough guy over here a? Lol Gotta love today's kids and the drugs they take lol

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064520
07/21/23 02:15 PM
07/21/23 02:15 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Mafia 101,

You clearly hit it on the head with "maybe fuck off behind your paywall and stop posting in a public space" because that really seems to be the issue. And it's quite clear to us who you and Sully are from over on the other side which totally fits with the non-stop bullshit not only here but also on every social media platform where all of you attack us on a regular basis, including on our own successful YouTube podcast.

And it's also clearly evident from a comment someone recently made in a thread on the other side about how frustrated they were that nobody knows about that forum because when people Google, the only things that come up are GBB and Reddit, apparently.

As NYMafia said, Button Guys has been living in your heads - rent-free for four years already, and judging from your statement I quoted above, it's even more clear what exactly the bug is up all of your asses.

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 07/21/23 02:16 PM.
Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064521
07/21/23 02:23 PM
07/21/23 02:23 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Spot on @MafiaStudent.

I would also like to add that most of so-called "credible" researchers which they previously mentioned are not credible at all. Most of them are in some type of depression and they need to get high, just so they can go through one fbi file and along the way create some totally "incredible" theories which doesnt fit anywhere but in their own weak minds, they think that they found the body of Jimmy Hoffa.

If this shit continues, one of my next "projects" is going to be about those same "credible" researchers.

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064533
07/21/23 03:21 PM
07/21/23 03:21 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Says the lady who threw my name out in here when I wasn't involved in thislol the issue is you 3 post shit that is wrong a lot of the time and when someone questions you you all get defensive and rude. I can assure you this is the only place I've ever questioned you at I'm only on the other forum and no one posts your shit there because we know the quality of itlol and the reason you don't post it mafiastudent is because you know people will call you out on it. There's a reason this is the place you guys hide with your charts and articles because no one questions your posts until now and look how you're handling it. Throwing little tantrums and insults when people respectfully asked questions.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064534
07/21/23 03:27 PM
07/21/23 03:27 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
grin grin grin whats up angelina cool

Re: FREE: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Mafia101] #1064537
07/21/23 03:39 PM
07/21/23 03:39 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Well, once again, you've proven yourself to be a liar. I don't post anything from BG on BH because the administrator of that site asked me not to after TOG was "banned" which, by the way, was because he got into an argument with someone over there. Not because of ANYTHING else like you like to spread around under your multiple aliases. And that happened FOUR years ago soon after we started Button Guys.

In addition, if all of TOGs stuff is "shit" then why is it that ALLL of the articles that he posted before we started our website and before he was removed STILL on there? And despite what you have said, when he posted all of those articles - NO ONE ever came out and attacked the way they do now. Not even with the "controversial" and original Dominick Scialo article that he wrote.

Also, there's a difference between constructive criticism and straight-out looking for possible errors in order to try to denigrate and discredit someone. And we don't respond to that bullshit, especially from people like you who have an ax to grind.

Obviously, everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. But there are ways to question things respectfully which doesn't happen with you and your cohorts.

As I said, you clearly have an agenda - and it's been going on non-stop for the past four years and as mentioned earlier, it's quite clear why you all have a bug up your ass.

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 07/21/23 03:43 PM.
Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064538
07/21/23 03:45 PM
07/21/23 03:45 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
It's unbelievable that such self-proclaimed "esteemed" researchers such as yourselves would list a fictitious guy by the name of Emilio Buttoni on your “Apalachin Chart” as a top-ranked "Capo” in the Gaetano Lucchese Family who you say lived in Jackson Heights, no less? And that this Emilio Buttoni was, in fact, one of the exulted ranked mafiosi “attendees” at the infamous November 14, 1957 “Apalachin Mafia Meeting” of Mafia leaders from all across the nation?

Oh my God! Please, tell me you were just kidding us!

Maybe instead of critiquing other researchers' work in the denigrating way all of you do with ANYONE who isn't part of your little "clique," maybe each of you should start learning how to take some criticism yourselves! Because your continuous comedy of errors is simply way too much for any logical person to swallow.

So, how does it feel now fellas? To be on the receiving end? LOL

On that note…

Mafia 101, please tell us again, "instruct" and try ridiculing us again, about how our Frank Piccolo Hierarchy Chart listed Thomas (Tommy the Blond) Vastano as being connected with the Gambino Family’s Piccolo Regime even though he was "technically" a Genovese guy. LOL

Please, go ahead!

At least Tommy Vastano was a REAL GUY, A REAL MAFIOSO, and a decades-long known associate and partner of Frank Piccolo and his entire crew. NOT a fictitious, made-up name that "Chris Christie" aka "Angelo Santino" listed on a chart about one of the most important events in Mafia history.

But maybe we're wrong. Maybe Emilio Buttoni’s real last name is Buitoni? As in the famous Buitoni Macaroni Company? Yeah, that's it! “Emilio” ran all the macaroni rackets in NYC. I hear he was really "'rollin in the dough.” LOL

It really has to make any logical and even-minded reader really question your ultimate motives here. And it certainly sheds new light on why you and your little buddies have continued to let Button Guys live in your head rent-free for the last four years.

* "Emilio Buttoni" - 4th row - second column. No pic either. I wonder why?

Neither Mafia101 or I are defending CC's chart. The only people defending questionable research are the fanboys that comment every time you breathe "per se"

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: MafiaStudent] #1064542
07/21/23 04:15 PM
07/21/23 04:15 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss

Wow.

Now we can add "fanboys" and the word "per se" into the mix of what the bug is up all of your asses.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064549
07/21/23 04:33 PM
07/21/23 04:33 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Fanboys? Who said that lol? And is that chart saying Chris Christy??? You mean these guys are quarreling over CC's charts, aka Angelo aka Angelina. The same guy who jumps from researcher to researcher like a bloodsucking mosquito and uses them so he can create his charts? The guy is a simple chart creator, nothing more than that. Is that the same guy who allegedly knows Italian but when you ask him, he says something like "Im too high to speak Italian right now" or something like that? This can also be confirmed by other posters too. The same guy who uses around 10 people to create one lousy chart? Or the guy who stole the idea traditional vs modern and modified it into organizational vs some other bullshit? The guy who acts like a REAL FANBOY on his boring vids? He's not a researcher. Again, he's a simple chart maker. Worker and user of people. Thats it. I dont know why we have to fight like this over completely non-important individual?! It sounds like "someone" has a problem with us and this forum?! As MafiaStudent already said, it seems some people are coming here just to stir up shit by using non-credible info and constantly trying to discredit someone. Thats sad. cry

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064550
07/21/23 04:34 PM
07/21/23 04:34 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
I forgot to mention that the hardcore attacks only started AFTER we went behind the paywall two years ago. Before that? Crickets. In fact, when I got into a "debate" not too long ago with someone on that other board, he even made a comment that we should make everything "free" again instead of having it behind the wall.....so....agenda anyone?

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 07/21/23 05:01 PM.
Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Toodoped] #1064551
07/21/23 04:59 PM
07/21/23 04:59 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Fanboys? Who said that lol? And is that chart saying Chris Christy??? You mean these guys are quarreling over CC's charts, aka Angelo aka Angelina. The same guy who jumps from researcher to researcher like a bloodsucking mosquito and uses them so he can create his charts? The guy is a simple chart creator, nothing more than that. Is that the same guy who allegedly knows Italian but when you ask him, he says something like "Im too high to speak Italian right now" or something like that? This can also be confirmed by other posters too. The same guy who uses around 10 people to create one lousy chart? Or the guy who stole the idea traditional vs modern and modified it into organizational vs some other bullshit? The guy who acts like a REAL FANBOY on his boring vids? He's not a researcher. Again, he's a simple chart maker. Worker and user of people. Thats it. I dont know why we have to fight like this over completely non-important individual?! It sounds like "someone" has a problem with us and this forum?! As MafiaStudent already said, it seems some people are coming here just to stir up shit by using non-credible info and constantly trying to discredit someone. Thats sad. cry

NYMafia was the one who brought up CC. The debate isn't even about CC. It started after i asked legitimate questions then he, in the most condescending way possible, responded rudely. He then brought up CC and started criticizing his chart which is a pretty fair criticism it seems. NYMafia also brought Mafia101 into this for some reason.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064552
07/21/23 05:09 PM
07/21/23 05:09 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Thats not important right now, on who started what or who said this...we are not in the 4th grade and we are not "fanboys". What is really important is to stop fighting and to use reliable info (not CC's charts with 50 people on it lol) and @NYM and @Mafia Student are doing the best they can to take us at least near the truth, something which is very hard to do and needs a lot of time. They are researchers, not workers or using people for their own projects. Show some respect, Instead of constantly attacking them and questioning their work like some detectives, say "thank you" or "looks great" and go on. You dont have to like everything, you just need to be polite sometimes. Right? So now say sorry to both Lisa and TOG and go on with your life. And if you ever have problems in deciding whats reliable and whats not, send your uncle Toodoped a private message and ask him. Good night and peace.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064553
07/21/23 05:10 PM
07/21/23 05:10 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Actually, I was the one who brought Mafia 101 into this because you and Mafia 101 are from the same team with the same agenda.

You know what I find amazing "Sully," is that for the longest time, I thought it was someone else on that other board who was the one who had a "hard on" for TOG. In actuality, it wasn't that person at all. It was someone I never expected because, like you, they have a very "laid back" demeanor. But it appears that "laid back" demeanor was nothing more than a ruse because it turns out "Mr. laid back" was the instigator of all the BS all along and it even started against somebody else before TOG became the new target. I am sure you know what I'm talking about.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Toodoped] #1064554
07/21/23 05:15 PM
07/21/23 05:15 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
@NYM and @MafiaStudent thanks a lot for the article and the chart. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks!!!!

Interesting to note is that Pittsburgh possibly had some type of similar "clique" or structure as the Chicago Outfit, and I can see they also had many leading "Mainlanders". FOH is also expert on these stuff but I just want to give my two cents.

Btw, @NYM do you know something about this type of rank or position aka the "capo squadrone" term within the Pittsburgh mafia...already asked this question a million times in the past and never really received a straight answer from anyone...it seems the position was different and possibly more influential than capo regime or capo decina...back in the days I used the term in one of my Outfit charts so I can explain powerful capos who had other capos beneath them....

[Linked Image]

Great find, this is very interesting. Nicola Gentile transferred to the Mangano family in the 1930s and Mangano tasked him with heading two captains' crews. One of the crews was Giuseppe Parlapiano's crew and the other was headed by Gaetano Tropia. They both were captains and I believe Gentile was only a soldier, but he was above these guys. Gentile described himself as a sostituto for Mangano. Magaddino mentioned someone named "Dannarao" [Ph] who headed 10-12 crews, but was killed by, i believe Anastasia. Maybe this deserves its own thread where we dig up more on this.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: NYMafia] #1064557
07/21/23 05:21 PM
07/21/23 05:21 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
In my opinion the Rochester mob was a joke, much like Los Angeles. I say that because they didn't last very long and too much infighting.

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Liggio] #1064573
07/21/23 05:57 PM
07/21/23 05:57 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Liggio
In my opinion the Rochester mob was a joke, much like Los Angeles. I say that because they didn't last very long and too much infighting.

How was LA a joke?

Re: NEW: The Bloody Frank Valenti Family of Rochester [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064589
07/21/23 07:07 PM
07/21/23 07:07 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Well, first of all, it was called the Mickey Mouse Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull