GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 55 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,166
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,831
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063893
07/16/23 09:13 AM
07/16/23 09:13 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
What is he saying? Is he in his period? Lol lol lol

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Toodoped] #1063895
07/16/23 09:16 AM
07/16/23 09:16 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Toodoped
What is he saying? Is he in his period? Lol lol lol

you claimed the forum was for the most credible guys, I posted screenshots of your king Giacamo Vacari admitting to lying, you then ignore me. lol

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063896
07/16/23 09:19 AM
07/16/23 09:19 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
@NYM show this retard this document since he previously questioned one of your statements...but obviously Skully_Cant_Read_Well lol lol lol

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=141904#relPageId=45&search=Masseria_capone

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063897
07/16/23 09:22 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Sully,

Yes, I could provide plenty of evidence in support of my statements, if I was so inclined to. But I won't, because as I just stated in my previous post, I think its better we don't continue this back and forth banter. Go believe what it is you need to believe.

Maybe we'll chat at some other time, about some other subject. But for now, this convo is over, ok?

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Toodoped] #1063898
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
@NYM show this retard this document since he previously questioned one of your statements...but obviously Skully_Cant_Read_Well lol lol lol

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=141904#relPageId=45&search=Masseria_capone

Thats from Nicola Gentile, ive already read it. Quick question, do you think GV should be banned since this forum is for the most credible researchers only?

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063899
07/16/23 09:29 AM
07/16/23 09:29 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
I also want to state that if angelina is so credible lol, and incredible lol, then why their podcast (from which i quickly unsubscribed) is so badly sucking wind for subscribers? They get no views whatsoever! Nobody bothers watching their long-winded boring debates. I don't doubt that their forum and podcast are failing. People had enough with those guys since im constantly receiving msgs regarding they being terrible. Salut and nice evening to everyone.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Toodoped] #1063900
07/16/23 09:34 AM
07/16/23 09:34 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
I also want to state that if angelina is so credible lol, and incredible lol, then why their podcast (from which i quickly unsubscribed) is so badly sucking wind for subscribers? They get no views whatsoever! Nobody bothers watching their long-winded boring debates. I don't doubt that their forum and podcast are failing. People had enough with those guys since im constantly receiving msgs regarding they being terrible. Salut and nice evening to everyone.

still wont respond to GV being a self admitted liar? There youtube doesnt get views because there content is so advanced. Thats why John Gotti and Al Capone videos get the most views, they are the most well known. You again have yet to provide proof Angelo isnt credible. Also the black hand forum is honestly levels ahead of this one. Not that this one isnt good, but Rick and all those guys arent on here for a reason. You guys praise GV and trash Angelo, you got it all backwards.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063916
07/16/23 11:25 AM
07/16/23 11:25 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The 'Family' that formed around Elizabeth, New Jersey;

Stefano 'Steve' Bedami (1910s-1920s)
Filippo 'Phil' Amari (1930s-1940s)
Nicholas 'Nicky Dell' Delmore (late 1940s-early 1960s)
Simone 'Sam the Plumber' DeCavalcante (early 1960s-early 1980s)
Frank 'Big Frank' Majuri - official NJ-based underboss for many years through several administrations
Joseph 'Joe Buff' LaSelva - another top figure who allegedly served in the capacity as underboss for their CT membership. A co-underboss with Majuri.
Giovanni 'John' Riggi Sr. (early 1980s-2015)
Vincent 'Jimmy' Rotondo - official underboss by the mid-late 1980s. Later murdered.
Francesco 'Frank' Guarraci (acting during 2000s)

Note: At a certain point after massive indictments came down against this family during the late 1980s and 1990s, there were many acting and interim bosses installed, as well as 'family panels' headed by capos that were formed to try and steer the ship. I did not bother to list each and every man who served within this 'acting' capacity.
---

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063917
07/16/23 11:26 AM
07/16/23 11:26 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by NYMafia

Frank 'Big Frank' Majuri - official NJ-based underboss for many years through several administrations
Joseph 'Joe Buff' LaSelva - another top figure who allegedly served in the capacity as underboss for their CT membership. A co-underboss with Majuri.
Vincent 'Jimmy' Rotondo - official underboss by the mid-late 1980s. Later murdered.

Note: At a certain point after massive indictments came down against this family during the late 1980s and 1990s, there were many acting and interim bosses installed, as well as 'family panels' headed by capos that were formed to try and steer the ship. I did not bother to list each and every man who served within this 'acting' capacity.
---

How about the Detroit crew? I think that was a pretty straight forward hierarchy, wasn't it? At least by the mid-1930s anyway, after Zerilli and Tocco took over. Does anyone have the particulars about their hierarchical history?

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063946
07/16/23 04:18 PM
07/16/23 04:18 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Why am I being brought up? It seems like that is your only card to play. I am not a king to others and no some of us are not fond of each other but we do try and keep it civil, which is more than I can say for across the street. I know I hit almost everyone's nerve over there which is a talent that I admit I relish in. I hear I have my own thread over there, that's nice.
What are you? One of Chris Christy and B's acolytes? CC would not be where "it" is now without many other members carrying CC, mostly HK. That site now it feels like it is Totaltarian. What is sadder, is that S seems like the absentee landlord who just wants to collect rent money, and let the bullies run a muck over there.

My apologies, NYMafia for hijacking the thread.
Go ahead Geoff.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1063949
07/16/23 04:39 PM
07/16/23 04:39 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Why am I being brought up? It seems like that is your only card to play. I am not a king to others and no some of us are not fond of each other but we do try and keep it civil, which is more than I can say for across the street. I know I hit almost everyone's nerve over there which is a talent that I admit I relish in. I hear I have my own thread over there, that's nice.
What are you? One of Chris Christy and B's acolytes? CC would not be where "it" is now without many other members carrying CC, mostly HK. That site now it feels like it is Totaltarian. What is sadder, is that S seems like the absentee landlord who just wants to collect rent money, and let the bullies run a muck over there.

Go ahead Geoff.

No. Thats quite alright GV. Because I think what you just said really needed to be said.

I try not to bother with any of that nonsense that they constantly feel the need to 'bring' over here. But truth be told, the very fact that nobody (to my knowledge at least) from here, ever goes over 'there' to start shit and attack others, while 'certain' fellas from over 'there' constantly feel the need to come over here and start trouble, (for me), says all you need to know about them, what's going on over at that other place, and their downward spiral.

They like to 'claim' that they're data and research is soooo superior to anything we here on GBB post up. Yet, for fellas who 'pretend' to be so superior, they seem like a very insecure bunch of guys. Why is that? Could it be that in their heart of hearts they know damn well that they're lacking? Me thinks that may very well be the case!

I mean, WTF? Why can't they just mind their own business? Ya know, "live and let live" sort of thing? LOL...These idiots are absolutely "obsessed" with us! Lol. I actually find it extremely comical, and at the same time very sad for them, that we're living 'rent free' inside their heads.

These nincompoops really need to just chill out...and maybe go get themselves a job, or a hobby, or something. LOL.....Because it's sad shit to say the least!

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/16/23 08:49 PM.
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063964
07/16/23 05:30 PM
07/16/23 05:30 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member

Go ahead Geoff.

Go ahead Geoff.

No. Thats quite alright GV. Because I think what you just said really needed to be said.

I try not to bother with any of that nonsense that they constantly feel the need to 'bring' over here. But truth be told, the very fact that nobody (to my knowledge at least) from here, ever goes over 'there' to start shit and attack others, while 'certain' fellas from over 'there' constantly feel the need to come over here and start trouble, (for me), says all you need to know about them and what's going on over at that other place.

They like to 'claim' that they're data and research is soooo superior to anything we here on GBB post up. Yet, for fellas who pretend to be so superior, they seem like a very insecure bunch of guys. Why is that? Could it be that in their heart of hearts they know they're lacking? Me thinks that may be the case!

I mean, WTF? Why can't they just mind their own business? Ya know, "live and let live sort of thing?" LOL...These idiots are absolutely "obsessed" with us! Lol. I actually find it extremely comical, and at the same time very sad, that we're living 'rent free' inside their heads.

These nincompoops really need to just chill out...and maybe go get themselves a job or a hobby or something. LOL.....Because it's sad shit to say the least!

I mean, this thread started because I corrected some info from your post and you then did the same and fair enough I hope you guys are skeptical. But when I provide a made member reporting Mineo was a boss and you say well we don’t know then it’s a bit ridiculous. You also haven’t read May 2014 informer magazine, but still say that you don’t believe he’s boss. Then another guy talks about how good this forum is and I merely posted GV admitting to lying so clearly it’s not the best since you have admitted liars on it. Please don’t think that I believe I’m superior because of this because frankly I know nothing about the mafia post-1931 and I am learning while on here. Most guys on here are probably more knowledgeable than me, but if you expect me to not question things then I’m not sure what to tell you.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1063965
07/16/23 05:49 PM
07/16/23 05:49 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

This post that I just commented on is NOT about you, understand me good? So please don't take it as such. I am not targeting or referring to you, per se. Ok? So there is not need to take offense or get defensive. But if you are guilty in your heart, well then thats another story all together. Thats your personal problem, understand?

But I've noticed that there are numerous individuals from over 'there' who have constantly felt the need, and are compelled, to constantly come here and try to knock this forum, and our posters. THAT young man, I DO NOT appreciate. Understand?

In other words (for lack of a better term), their skirts are showing!

If they think their shit doesn't stink, then why don't they just stay where they are...over there! I mean, after all, what do they need any of us for anyway, if they're so confident in their abilities? Am I right or wrong here? LOL. If they're really 'all that," then they should be very happy and in bliss just the way things are.....After all, they're the golden children, right?

So then tell me why they are so obsessed with GBB and what its members post up daily?

To me, coming over here to start trouble only shows their true weakness and insecurities. 1,001%! And there is absolutely no two ways about that!

PS: And although I couldn't care less about any of this gibberish and nonsense, because I don't care to follow any of this 'soap opera' BS. Through the grapevine these last few months I've heard they're actually imploding over there big time.

That may provide the real answer why some of them feel the constant 'need' to always be on the attack and strike out.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/16/23 09:20 PM.
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064025
07/17/23 01:14 AM
07/17/23 01:14 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
So the creep who cant read well is still making problems?! NYM, GV and everyone else, ignore that freak and he will go away. He is obviously a member of that junkie crew and has a boring life. If he is here to learn, then he should listen. But he is obviously sent here to make problems. He doesnt know shit and constantly mentiones one outdated article which was written 10 years ago by a heroin addict lol. Thank you Cloumbus for discovering old and uninformative articles.

@NYM and @GV nicely said. 100% spot on.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064026
07/17/23 03:23 AM
07/17/23 03:23 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Lets see if we can get this thread back on track regarding the original subject matter at hand, which was to compile lists of all the "official" Family bosses from the 1920s-2023. What do you say fellas? Enough of the nonsense.
-
Here's where we left off:

---

Would anybody like to add to this list? Or perhaps create a list about another family in the U.S.?

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064031
07/17/23 06:00 AM
07/17/23 06:00 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
I love how bosses these days are often reputed or alleged bosses. This goes to show that they're back to largely being a secret society. It's also worth noting that many mob trials nowadays end up as complete failures for the feds, with guys walking away with light sentences and sweet plea deals. Some guys really get hammered though, like the Lucchese administration going down for the Meldish hit. I don't remember the details but I do remember the evidence being very weak. I wish I was on that jury, no way would I have voted guilty.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064038
07/17/23 09:53 AM
07/17/23 09:53 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Kansas City
Paolo DiGiovanni 1910-1924, stepped down due to health, dies in 1929.
Joe DiGiovanni 1924- 1931, stepped down, still active till 1950s, died in 1960s.
Nick Gentile 1928 only for a few months as New Yorks main representative before returning to New York which was a good thing as the Carrollos and DiGiovannis were planning on killing him.
John Lazia 1931-1934 murdered.
Charles Carrollo 1934- 1939 arrested
Charles Binaggio 1939- 1950 murdered
Tony Gizzo 1950- 1953
Nick Civella 1953-1983 Died
Carl Civella 1983-1984
William Commisano 1984-1995
Tony Civella 1995-2006
John Sciortino 2006- to present

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 07/17/23 04:50 PM. Reason: I forgot about Gentile, and PD.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064039
07/17/23 10:05 AM
07/17/23 10:05 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
A CENTURY OF “OFFICIAL" MAFIA FAMILY BOSSES

GENOVESE FAMILY:
Giuseppe Masseria
Salvatore Lucania
Francesco Castiglia
Vito Genovese
Philip Lombardo
Vincent Gigante
Liborio S. Bellomo (reputed)

Funzi Tieri should be on the list along with Gerry Catena. Lombardo certainly wasn't the boss from 1969-1981.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064053
07/17/23 01:20 PM
07/17/23 01:20 PM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
Figured I would jump in here for Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Family -

Salvatore Catanzaro - 1888-1914 - pre-La Cosa Nostra - retired after being shot
Gregorio Conti - 1915-1919 - murdered 9/24/1919
Salvatore Calderone - 1919-1925 - retired
Stefano Monastero -1925-1929 - murdered 8/6/1929
Guiseppe Siragusa - 1929-1931 - murdered 9/13/1931
John Bazzano Sr - 1931-1932 - murdered 8/8/1932 in Brooklyn after meeting with commission for killing 3 Volpe Brothers without approval
Vincenzo Capizzi - 1932-1937 - retired - moved to Italy
Frank Amato - 1937-1956 - stepped down due to health issues - became Consigliere(died 1973)
Sebastian "John" Larocca - 1956-1984 - died at home 12/3/1984
Michael James Genovese - 1984-2006 - died at home 10/31/2006
John Bazzano Jr - 2006-2008 - died 7/28/2008 - was still running gambling rings, Cinacutti, and other associates.
Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti - 2008-2021 -died 7/8/21 (91 yrs old) - last made guy - was really the boss of himself at the very end, and a bunch of associates. Was still active in gambling in the 2000teen years.

And as previously discussed elsewhere, FOH has met LaRocca and Genovese in person among others, he is an expert on much of this and has my respect for sharing his experiences, I just read and research, I have not met any of these guys.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064056
07/17/23 01:29 PM
07/17/23 01:29 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
+1 FOH is original and his word is gold. Also thanks for the list.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Millspgh] #1064062
07/17/23 04:10 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Millspgh

Pittsburgh Family -

John Bazzano Sr - 1931-1932 - murdered 8/8/1932 in Brooklyn after meeting with commission for killing 3 Volpe Brothers without approval
Frank Amato - 1937-1956 - stepped down due to health issues - became Consigliere(died 1973)
John Bazzano Jr - 2006-2008 - died 7/28/2008 - was still running gambling rings, Cinacutti, and other associates.
Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti - 2008-2021 -died 7/8/21 (91 yrs old) - last made guy - was really the boss of himself at the very end, and a bunch of associates. Was still active in gambling in the 2000teen years.

And as previously discussed elsewhere, FOH has met LaRocca and Genovese in person among others, he is an expert on much of this and has my respect for sharing his experiences, I just read and research, I have not met any of these guys.

Thanks Millspgh, you and FOH are great with this Pittsburgh stuff..

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1064063
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Kansas City
Joe DiGiovanni 1912-1931
John Lazia 1931-1934 murdered.
Charles Carrollo 1934- 1939 arrested
Charles Binaggio 1939- 1950 murdered
Tony Gizzo 1950- 1953
Nick Civella 1953-1983 Died
Carl Civella 1983-1984
William Commisano 1984-1995
Tony Civella 1995-2006
John Sciortino 2006- to present

Thanks GV. Good list

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Liggio] #1064064
07/17/23 04:12 PM
07/17/23 04:12 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Liggio
I love how bosses these days are often reputed or alleged bosses. This goes to show that they're back to largely being a secret society. It's also worth noting that many mob trials nowadays end up as complete failures for the feds, with guys walking away with light sentences and sweet plea deals. Some guys really get hammered though, like the Lucchese administration going down for the Meldish hit. I don't remember the details but I do remember the evidence being very weak. I wish I was on that jury, no way would I have voted guilty.

I agree. It seems that crews are trying their best to go back to the 'caves' and stay out of sight. And by avoiding killings, it leaves the feds with only glorified gambling, shylock and frauds cases. Those don't bring life sentences, which in turn helps avoid rats and breakdowns in the ranks.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Millspgh] #1064065
07/17/23 04:17 PM
07/17/23 04:17 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Millspgh

Pittsburgh Family -

The family was most likely defunct after Genovese's death. also what evidence is there that Salvatore Calderone was boss? Im aware wiki lists him, but I haven't seen a better source reporting that. We do know he was on the consiglio.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064072
07/17/23 05:29 PM
07/17/23 05:29 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Salvatore Calderone as Boss of Pittsburgh comes from Nicole Gentile and Tony Lima Sr. Gentile first hand knowledge and Lima from his uncle.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064075
07/17/23 05:47 PM
07/17/23 05:47 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Sullycantwell

GENOVESE FAMILY:
Giuseppe Masseria
Salvatore Lucania
Francesco Castiglia
Vito Genovese
Philip Lombardo
Vincent Gigante

Funzi Tieri should be on the list along with Gerry Catena. Lombardo certainly wasn't the boss from 1969-1981.

Tieri and Catena were never 'official.' Although they were extremely powerful during their time in power, they were still 'acting' for the behind the scenes powers that be.

In fact, it is believed that 'Cockeyed Phil' Lombardo was indeed the 'official' behind the scenes power from the time of Vito's death, until he either died or was retired. So Tieri and whoever else was 'thought' to have been the boss during that period was, in reality, just a front boss and shill for Lombardo and the borgata at large.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/17/23 05:51 PM.
Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064079
07/17/23 06:02 PM
07/17/23 06:02 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member

GENOVESE FAMILY:
Giuseppe Masseria
Salvatore Lucania
Francesco Castiglia
Vito Genovese
Philip Lombardo
Vincent Gigante

Tieri and Catena were never 'official.' Although they were extremely powerful during their time in power, they were still 'acting' for the behind the scenes powers that be.

In fact, it is believed that 'Cockeyed Phil' Lombardo was indeed the 'official' behind the scenes power from the time of Vito's death, until he either died or was retired. So Tieri and whoever else was 'thought' to have been the boss during that period was, in reality, just a front boss and shill for Lombardo and the borgata at large.

Did your info come from Vincent Cafaro? He made some pretty big mistakes in his testimony. Countless other, better sources reported Tieri or Catena were the official bosses. Don't get me wrong, Lombardo was a boss at certain points throughout the 1970's, but Tieri was the official boss the longest most likely.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1064082
07/17/23 06:03 PM
07/17/23 06:03 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Salvatore Calderone as Boss of Pittsburgh comes from Nicole Gentile and Tony Lima Sr. Gentile first hand knowledge and Lima from his uncle.

thanks

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064084
07/17/23 06:22 PM
07/17/23 06:22 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

GENOVESE FAMILY:
Giuseppe Masseria
Salvatore Lucania
Francesco Castiglia
Vito Genovese
Philip Lombardo
Vincent Gigante

Did your info come from Vincent Cafaro? He made some pretty big mistakes in his testimony. Countless other, better sources reported Tieri or Catena were the official bosses. Don't get me wrong, Lombardo was a boss at certain points throughout the 1970's, but Tieri was the official boss the longest most likely.

I dispute that notion about Tieri. (he always took counsel from others behind the scenes...and not just from consigliere either) And Catena, for a fact, to my knowledge was never the 'official' boss.

But, of course, you're free to believe what you like.

Re: "OFFICIAL" FAMILY BOSSES 1920s-2023 [Re: NYMafia] #1064085
07/17/23 06:25 PM
07/17/23 06:25 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Where is your information coming from though?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull