GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, Toodoped), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,322
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,413
Posts1,060,464
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055710
04/06/23 05:32 PM
04/06/23 05:32 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
I never claimed they didn't leave an extra chair open how would I know if they did that or not and I dont remember speaking to you about that.

I've read the book a couple times and I've read The Sixth Family and a few of the other Montreal books and they all have different accounts of what happened at this meeting. One book even brings up another visit to Montreal by Sal Vitale that isn't mentioned in either Mafia Inc or The Sixth Family. Some books say Vito Rizzuto refused the Captain position and suggested to offer it to his father another book claims Sal Vitale makes Nicolo Rizzuto the Captain and another claim is that Sal Vitale left Montreal leaving Vito Rizzuto as the Acting Captain. So using passages from these books as any type of evidence when they all recount a different story of the same meeting or meetings doesn't hold much water. You also left out the last line on the page where it says something along the lines of "despite all of this Vito Rizzuto remained a good Soldier."

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055711
04/06/23 05:54 PM
04/06/23 05:54 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

It has never been clear. The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) considers the family a faction of the Bonanno crime family, while Canadian and most other international law enforcement agencies recognize it as an independent crime family.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055712
04/06/23 06:11 PM
04/06/23 06:11 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
You just don't have the stones to admit that you're wrong.

Meanwhile you have the arrogance to respond to everyone else's post with laughing emoticons as if everyone else is an idiot and you know everything. Meanwhile this is how easy it is to catch you in a lie. lol lol lol lol lol

The posts were:

I made a typo on the date; you're right to call me on that - it was a 2001 meeting not a 2004 meeting, but the substance of the meeting is the same.

An empty chair sat at the head of the table to the right of Rizzuto to symbolize the missing Sciascia. It was absolutely Rizzuto's intention to send a clear signal that he was done with the Bonannos. Maybe he didn't say "go fuck yourself" but that was the clear implication and thus why Massino was so upset with the results of the meeting - his third attempt at an entreaty with the Rizzutos in the same year.

I never said the Bonannos were relying on Desjardins I was saying that FACTION was the only faction that would take the Bonanno's calls - and I'll stand by that.

Again, this is all documented in the books I have already cited which you have not read.

Do you know how to read?

You responded

Reply Quote Report Email Post
Re: Bonanno Don “Mikey Nose” at war w/Cammarano bros [Re: eastsideofvan] #1050232 02/01/23 05:16 PM
Mafia101 Offline
M
Capo
UsA
It isn't documented in any of those books lol just stop it already.

Originally Posted by Mafia101
I never claimed they didn't leave an extra chair open how would I know if they did that or not and I dont remember speaking to you about that.

I've read the book a couple times and I've read The Sixth Family and a few of the other Montreal books and they all have different accounts of what happened at this meeting. One book even brings up another visit to Montreal by Sal Vitale that isn't mentioned in either Mafia Inc or The Sixth Family. Some books say Vito Rizzuto refused the Captain position and suggested to offer it to his father another book claims Sal Vitale makes Nicolo Rizzuto the Captain and another claim is that Sal Vitale left Montreal leaving Vito Rizzuto as the Acting Captain. So using passages from these books as any type of evidence when they all recount a different story of the same meeting or meetings doesn't hold much water. You also left out the last line on the page where it says something along the lines of "despite all of this Vito Rizzuto remained a good Soldier."

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055716
04/06/23 06:35 PM
04/06/23 06:35 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Nothing I have said is wrong lol and I don't think everyone is a idiot only a select few like Liggio and now you if you seriously think that reply was specifically directed to the chair thing lol obviously it was talking about your claims that Vito Rizzuto told Sal vitale Joe Massino to go fuck themselves and that they broke off and the Bonanno Family is now relying on Raynald Desjardins to take them out. Talk about leaving out the context to fit your argument lol

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/06/23 06:36 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055719
04/06/23 07:12 PM
04/06/23 07:12 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Good thing then that nobody cares what you think.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a woman, even when the truth is shoved right in your face you twist and wiggle your way out of taking any accountability.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055724
04/06/23 08:10 PM
04/06/23 08:10 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Eastside you just tried putting words in my mouth by taking what I said and applying it to one specific thing you said without the context of the actual conversation. That is not showing the truth that's being manipulative and dishonest to bolster your argument.

Instead of arguing about posts from two months ago why don't you show us evidence of a official Mafia Family in Montreal if that's what you believe? The burden of proof is on everyone who believes the Rizzutos are their own Family.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055725
04/06/23 08:38 PM
04/06/23 08:38 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Apparently the Rizzutos became their own crime family whenever Joe Massino ordered the murder of Bonanno captain Gerlando Sciascia.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055728
04/06/23 09:49 PM
04/06/23 09:49 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
That's the popular story but we know its not true. Multiple sources show Montreal stayed with the Bonanno Family years after Gerlando Sciascia was killed.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055730
04/07/23 12:40 AM
04/07/23 12:40 AM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Deleted. Cut that shit out NOW!

Last edited by Turnbull; 04/07/23 02:14 AM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055732
04/07/23 01:34 AM
04/07/23 01:34 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Liggio
Apparently the Rizzutos became their own crime family whenever Joe Massino ordered the murder of Bonanno captain Gerlando Sciascia.

Not exactly:

Did Montreal break off from the Bonanno Family after the murder of Gerlando Sciascia in 1999?

After becoming a cooperating witness Bonanno Underboss, Sal Vitale, revealed that emissaries were sent to Canada to name a new captain of the Montreal decina. Vitale, who was one of the Bonannos sent to Montreal said he offered Vito Rizzuto the position, but he turned it down and instead suggested it go to his father. There are conflicting reports on what happened after this, Daniel Renaud's Vito Rizzuto: La Chute Du Dernier Parrain book has Vitale confirming Nicolo Rizzuto as Captain of the Montreal decina but Andre Cedilot & Andre Noel's Mafia Inc book has Vitale leaving Montreal with the Captain position vacant and states "The assassination of George from Canada would cast a permanent pall over relations between the Bonanno family and the Rizzuto clan. But business continued. And Vito remained a good soldier." Sal Vitale also testified the last known position he knew Vito Rizzuto held was Acting Captain.

As stated in the Court of Appeal, Rizzuto v. United States Of America, 2004, "The appellant is described by an informer as “an extremely powerful and influential member of the Canadian faction of the Bonanno family.” He still pays his dues to the family every year."

Dominick Cicale, a former Bonanno Captain revealed that he was told by Baldo Amato that Sal Montagna was acting as a liaison to Montreal and collecting tribute from them in the early/mid 2000s, a tribute that was increased as well. Although Baldo has been off the street serving a life sentence he received in 2006, he carried a lot of influence on the younger Sicilian Bonannos, including Sal Montagna. Cicale also claimed Basciano was receiving drug shipments from Canada.

Cicale's claim is later supported by recorded conversations between Joe Massino and Vinny Basciano in MDC Brooklyn in 2005. One of the conversations was about Montagna travelling to Canada to find his cousin work. Another conversation discussed how Canada sent word they wanted a certain associate placed with Montagna. A third topic of conversation between the two Bonanno leaders was the recent death of Montreal Bonanno Soldier, Frank Cotroni Sr., and how his death added another slot for upcoming inductions.

Both versions of the aftermath of Vitale's meetings show Montreal was still apart of the Bonannos organization after Sciascia's murder. The discussions between Basciano and Massino in 2005, along with Cicale's statements show the Bonannos, via Montagna, had ongoing interests in or with their Canadian counterparts. Furthermore, the discussions show Montreal was involved with internal Bonanno matters, requesting an associate with be placed with the conduit between NY and Montreal, I.e. Montagna. Therefore, we can reasonably say that no separation between Montreal and the Bonannos happened during or in the time shortly after Sciascia's 1999 murder.

Source: Vito Rizzuto: La Chute Du Dernier Parrain by Daniel Renaud, Mafia Inc by Andre Cedilot & Andre Noel. Court of Appeal, Rizzuto v. United States Of America, 2004, Salvatore Vitale's testimony, Basciano trial, 2006. The Cicale Files by Dominick Cicale & Ed Scarpo. Vincent Basciano & Joseph Massino's recorded conversations inside MDC Brooklyn, 2005.

It’s fair to assume they broke off somewhen before or right after Sal Montagna’s betrayal.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055734
04/07/23 04:18 AM
04/07/23 04:18 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
We already know the history. Vito was kicking up to New York long after Sciascia was murdered. That may have ended when Montagna started working with the french guy, but it's all guesswork at this point. Why are people calling them a crime family when no one has any idea if they have making ceremonies or anything of that nature? As far as we know, these are just guys who inherited a drug empire.

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055735
04/07/23 05:18 AM
04/07/23 05:18 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Things were always done differently in Canada.
Even the Buffalo crews were not structured as traditional LCN, crews.

Going back to Massino sending Vitale to find out how many made men they have.
So they were a crew of the Bonanno’a that had authority to induct new members, order murders with out the bosses approval.

That’s not TRADITIONAL.

So I think it safe to say there were never any traditional LCN crews in Canada, from the beginning.

Sammy the Bull is really dumb.

He def was never someone that knew much about the historical origins of LCN in America let alone abroad. He doesn’t know a lot about a lot things LCN, so I would not point to that as anything.

Just listen to his podcast and the way he tells stories you will see what I mean.
That does not take away from the fact that his time on the street he was a stone killer and he yielded a lot of power and influence.

He just was never groomed to be in the admin, he stepped into the position we all know how and why.

Joe Massino didn't send Sal Vitale up there to find out how many guys they had.

That's not true. What isn't traditional about the crews in Montreal and the Hamilton area? They were a group of Mafia Associates and Members ran by a Mafia Captain. Where did you read Montreal could order their own murders? Gerlando Sciascia asked permission to kill Giuseppe LoPresti even though Sal Vitale and Anthony Spero got the impression it already happened. What inductions did they hold on their own? A remote crew being allowed to see to their own affairs to a certain extent isn't non traditional either. Anthony Arilotta talks about of Al Bruno being like the Boss of Springfield but they were still a Genovese crew.

You guys are making stuff out of nothing.

101- I read it in a book the 6th family.

I don’t have time to “MAKE SHIT UP”

It is clear to see that your mother never taught you how to play nice in the sand box.

The first sign of wisdom is “KNOWING WHAT YOU DONT KNOW”

I’ll admit I have not read that book in many years so I might not have remember everything 100%
I have no problem looking through the book again to refresh my memory.

I don’t think I need to now because EASTOFVAN pretty much just smacked you in UR MUG, with facts.

If you were 1/2 a man you would fess up and apologize, admit you were wrong.
If your mother never taught you how to play nice in the sand box, she probably never taught you how to admit when you are wrong.

So don’t think your capable.

You could have just asked me where my information
Was from because you never heard that before, before accusing me of making shit up.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Giacalone] #1055736
04/07/23 05:42 AM
04/07/23 05:42 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone
We already know the history. Vito was kicking up to New York long after Sciascia was murdered. That may have ended when Montagna started working with the french guy, but it's all guesswork at this point. Why are people calling them a crime family when no one has any idea if they have making ceremonies or anything of that nature? As far as we know, these are just guys who inherited a drug empire.

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense.
However, they are Italian some of the members were made into LCN, and that is for life.
A lot of them were the from when they were referred to as the Rizzutto family or the Montreal family.

It’s more Semantics at this point.

I said they OPERATE LIKE a drug cartel.
Not that they are.

Technically- is Chicago still an LCN family?
Do we know if they still have making ceremonies?

I personally think they do.
What about Detroit, if go down that rabbit hole we can start to question alot.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055738
04/07/23 05:59 AM
04/07/23 05:59 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Eastside you just tried putting words in my mouth by taking what I said and applying it to one specific thing you said without the context of the actual conversation. That is not showing the truth that's being manipulative and dishonest to bolster your argument.

Instead of arguing about posts from two months ago why don't you show us evidence of a official Mafia Family in Montreal if that's what you believe? The burden of proof is on everyone who believes the Rizzutos are their own Family.

Rizzutto is the head of the Montreal Mafia because the “ EXPERTS” THE REAL EXPERTS” the guys that make a living and get paid to write about this topic, that are best selling authors, are on T.V. they consult with L.E. at times.

And the fact that L.E. refers to Rizzutto as the head of the Montreal Mafia.

So if you want to challenge their resume go ahead and post-

1) Why you are more of an expert than Humphreys and L.E. (To name just 2)
2) Your proof as to why they are no longer considered the Montreal Mafia.

Recent Tweet from Humphreys:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...onardo-rizzuto-wounded-in-laval-shooting

101 has been drinking from his own cool-aid, afterwards he crowned himself king.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1055740
04/07/23 08:34 AM
04/07/23 08:34 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
There is from a Canadian documentary.

Rizzuto Network
David Barbero
Lortis Cavalieri
Gino Constantine
Carmelo Cannestraro
Liborio Cuntrera
Marco Pizzi
Francesco Sollecito
Giuseppe Sollecito
Mario Sollecito
Mario Spagnolo
Vincenzo Spagnolo
Vito Salvaggio
Steven Di Paola
Steve Vogl
Antonio Cinquino
Leonardro Rizzuto
Stefano Sollecito
Domenico Salerno

Cafe Bellerose
Stefano Broccoli
Michael Sciaraffa
Rocco Sollecito Jr.
Lorenzo Giordano Jr.
Fabio Chimenti
Marco Landuci
Lucio Di Paola
Carlo Sciaraffa
Tony Tallarita
Emanuele Ragusa
Giancarlo Pesce
Stello Tutino

Clan Violi
Domenico Violi
Giuseppe Violi

The Calabrians
Franco Albannese
Antonio Gallo
Moreno Gallo Jr.
Antonio Mucci
Carmine Vanneli

Clan Annunziata
Luigi Annunziata
Maurizio Annunziata
FNU Annunziata

Clan Cazzetta
Salvatore Cazzetta
Salvatore Brunetti

Clan Focarazzo
Giuseppe Focarazzo
Anthony Abate
Louis Brissette
Patrizio Ruso
Frederic Lavie

Clan Ville Lasale
Giuseppe Arcorao
Pietro Dadamo
Pietro Monte

Clan Mirarchi
Vito Mirarchi
Alessandro Sucapane
Reynald Desjardins (IP)
Jonathan Mignaca
Calogero Milioto
+ Multiple names I am unable to read

Steve Sport Par
Ciro Di Mauro
+ Multiple names I am unable tor read

The absence of a strong leader, will hurt them more in the future.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055741
04/07/23 09:20 AM
04/07/23 09:20 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Things were always done differently in Canada.
Even the Buffalo crews were not structured as traditional LCN, crews.

Going back to Massino sending Vitale to find out how many made men they have.
So they were a crew of the Bonanno’a that had authority to induct new members, order murders with out the bosses approval.

That’s not TRADITIONAL.

So I think it safe to say there were never any traditional LCN crews in Canada, from the beginning.

Sammy the Bull is really dumb.

He def was never someone that knew much about the historical origins of LCN in America let alone abroad. He doesn’t know a lot about a lot things LCN, so I would not point to that as anything.

Just listen to his podcast and the way he tells stories you will see what I mean.
That does not take away from the fact that his time on the street he was a stone killer and he yielded a lot of power and influence.

He just was never groomed to be in the admin, he stepped into the position we all know how and why.

Joe Massino didn't send Sal Vitale up there to find out how many guys they had.

That's not true. What isn't traditional about the crews in Montreal and the Hamilton area? They were a group of Mafia Associates and Members ran by a Mafia Captain. Where did you read Montreal could order their own murders? Gerlando Sciascia asked permission to kill Giuseppe LoPresti even though Sal Vitale and Anthony Spero got the impression it already happened. What inductions did they hold on their own? A remote crew being allowed to see to their own affairs to a certain extent isn't non traditional either. Anthony Arilotta talks about of Al Bruno being like the Boss of Springfield but they were still a Genovese crew.

You guys are making stuff out of nothing.

101- I read it in a book the 6th family.

I don’t have time to “MAKE SHIT UP”

It is clear to see that your mother never taught you how to play nice in the sand box.

The first sign of wisdom is “KNOWING WHAT YOU DONT KNOW”

I’ll admit I have not read that book in many years so I might not have remember everything 100%
I have no problem looking through the book again to refresh my memory.

I don’t think I need to now because EASTOFVAN pretty much just smacked you in UR MUG, with facts.

If you were 1/2 a man you would fess up and apologize, admit you were wrong.
If your mother never taught you how to play nice in the sand box, she probably never taught you how to admit when you are wrong.

So don’t think your capable.

You could have just asked me where my information
Was from because you never heard that before, before accusing me of making shit up.

The Sixth Family makes the claim they're their own Family and that Vito Rizzuto had hundreds of made men in his own Family but offered no proof of any of that. The book was fantastic for a history of police investigations and court cases but missed the mark when it came to anything related to Mafia structure.

I haven't been wrong about anything I've said and all Eastofvan did was fabricate conversations. I don't need to ask you where your information is from because it was wrong. The crews in Canada were and are traditional.

Rizzutto is the head of the Montreal Mafia because the “ EXPERTS” THE REAL EXPERTS” the guys that make a living and get paid to write about this topic, that are best selling authors, are on T.V. they consult with L.E. at times.

And the fact that L.E. refers to Rizzutto as the head of the Montreal Mafia.

So if you want to challenge their resume go ahead and post-

1) Why you are more of an expert than Humphreys and L.E. (To name just 2)
2) Your proof as to why they are no longer considered the Montreal Mafia.

Recent Tweet from Humphreys:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...onardo-rizzuto-wounded-in-laval-shooting

101 has been drinking from his own cool-aid, afterwards he crowned himself king.

If you have been paying attention to anything I've been saying you would see that I've said we have no idea what the Montreal Mafia is currently. There has been no info that has come out publically and shown any of them are LCN or Ndrangheta or anything else. I'm not saying I'm more of an expert than anyone except for some of you here lol but I absolutely will challenge any journalist or anyone for that matter who claims Montreal or Hamilton are their own official Mafia Families because there hasn't been any proof of that.

You talk about law enforcement considers them their own Family but in any of the multiple police investigations and court cases that have taken place in the last 15 years none have ever used any LCN terminology like Capodecina/Caporegime Consigliere SottoCapp/Underboss CapoMafia/Boss/Rappresentante or anything like that. In the most recent book from Montreal La Source/Inside the Montreal Mafia the book about Andrea Scoppa there is a quote from a former RCMP officer who worked many of these cases and he said they remain under the thumb of the Bonanno Family. So that's law enforcement at the highest level in Canada saying the exact opposite of what you are.

I already told you and Liggio the burden of proof is on you guys who are making the claim not me. And so far none of you have shown they are their own Family but still insist they are.

Did anyone actually read what Luankuci posted? It probably sent a few of you for a ride since for the last 24 years you thought the Rizzutos became the Sixth Family after Gerlando Sciascia died lol

Let me lay out the facts for you again.

Montreal has had dozens of if not more Mafia members from many different Families working in the city. They have had American Mafia Family members there and Sicilian Mafia members there. Montreal has had Ndrangheta members and Camorra members there. The only Family that has had a official Mafia crew there is the Bonanno Family. The Bonanno Family is the Mafia Family that most Montreal names we know have belonged to. There has never been a official Mafia Family in Montreal that is known. Whatever the fuck Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito and Vittorio Mirarchi and others are running in Montreal today has never been identified as a Official Mafia Family. None of them have never been identified as official members of any Mafia organization.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/07/23 09:23 AM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1055744
04/07/23 09:48 AM
04/07/23 09:48 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
There is from a Canadian documentary.

Nice chart. What’s the documentary’s title?
I’ll try and see if I can get the same image in a higher resolution.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055746
04/07/23 11:56 AM
04/07/23 11:56 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
101- Did NOT see you acknowledge the fact that you were wrong about Massino and Vitale.
?

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055747
04/07/23 12:13 PM
04/07/23 12:13 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
I wasn't but that's funny how you're caught up on that instead of addressing everything else I said.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/07/23 12:14 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055748
04/07/23 12:18 PM
04/07/23 12:18 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Technically speaking, they don't have to have an initiation ceremony to be considered a clan or a crime family. Lots of Camorra clans and other mob groups throughout Italy don't have them, yet they're still considered clans. In America they'd be called crime families, terminology varies from country to country.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055749
04/07/23 12:44 PM
04/07/23 12:44 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Liggio
Technically speaking, they don't have to have an initiation ceremony to be considered a clan or a crime family. Lots of Camorra clans and other mob groups throughout Italy don't have them, yet they're still considered clans. In America they'd be called crime families, terminology varies from country to country.

yes, in Italy there are several clans (mostly Camorra) that are charged with mafia-type association despite they have not initiation rituals

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055751
04/07/23 01:12 PM
04/07/23 01:12 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I wasn't but that's funny how you're caught up on that instead of addressing everything else I said.

I will address each part of your post one by one.

My experience when posts are long a lot of posters skip over certain parts because they don't feel like reading a book.
I am probably the biggest offenders of that, with the books I post.

I want to keep this small and that one small so no one can lost on anything.

The reason I chose to address just that first is because you are caught "DEAD TO RIGHTS" for all the posters to see.

You made a statement that was 1000% false after accusing me of "MAKING SHIT UP"
I am waiting I want to see and everyone to see how you handle this.

What says YOU?

Let me guess NOTHING ?

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055752
04/07/23 01:36 PM
04/07/23 01:36 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
This isn't the gotcha moment you think it is. Someone said Sal Vitale went to Montreal to find out how many members there were. I said that wasn't true and that's right Sal Vitale didn't go to Montreal with the sole reason to find out how many members there were. It might of been discussed but that wasn't why he was there. That's like saying Sal Vitale went to Montreal to go sightseeing because Joe Di Maulo drove him aroundlol Sal Vitale's main purpose in Montreal was to take their pulse and appoint a new Captain. If you want to consider this a win for you because you're nitpicking and splitting hairs then go ahead. You won Bensonhurst enjoy it.

So anyway now that I've addressed your pettiness could you please show me any evidence that Montreal has their own official Mafia Family? I think I've asked enough times already.

And if you think a couple paragraphs is a book and too long to read maybe forums aren't for you.lol

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055753
04/07/23 02:14 PM
04/07/23 02:14 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
This isn't the gotcha moment you think it is. Someone said Sal Vitale went to Montreal to find out how many members there were. I said that wasn't true and that's right Sal Vitale didn't go to Montreal with the sole reason to find out how many members there were. It might of been discussed but that wasn't why he was there. That's like saying Sal Vitale went to Montreal to go sightseeing because Joe Di Maulo drove him aroundlol Sal Vitale's main purpose in Montreal was to take their pulse and appoint a new Captain. If you want to consider this a win for you because you're nitpicking and splitting hairs then go ahead. You won Bensonhurst enjoy it.

So anyway now that I've addressed your pettiness could you please show me any evidence that Montreal has their own official Mafia Family? I think I've asked enough times already.

And if you think a couple paragraphs is a book and too long to read maybe forums aren't for you.lol

I am right and YOU ARE WRONG, and that is a FACT.

I didn't win anything REALLY because I wasted my precious time that I can never get back going back and forth with a 1/2 TROLL, that GETS OFF on arguing with people on forums.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055754
04/07/23 02:26 PM
04/07/23 02:26 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
I'm asking you to prove what you're claiming and you're talking about something completely different. Kinda speaks volumes when you guys are asked for proof and no one can bring any up. lol

Disagreeing with you isn't being a troll btw you guys are just use to reading the shit off of Wikipedia and posting it here. So when someone comes in and says something different you think it's trolling lol

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/07/23 02:28 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055758
04/07/23 02:43 PM
04/07/23 02:43 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
i would say that there is indeed a mafia family in montreal. it was once a top to bottom structured family. through decades of internal war the structure of the family has changed. whether any of the cells/crews operating in city are recognized officially by other families is a mute point. there have been large arrests over past 2 decades involving all the same crimes american lcn members get charged with. gambling,drugs,prostitution,extortion,bid rigging what have you. the members have been arrested and charged as members of the montreal mafia. so whether other families consider them a family dont matter if other oc groups in city and more importantly law enforcement recognizes them as such.
montreal has 10-12 different cells led by italian members with some italian associates. simply because there is no record of an initiation ceremony is irrelevant. throughout the entirety of the history of la cosa nostra,'ndrangheta,cammora etc. if we weigh how many possible ceremonies have been carried out against how many we conclusively know actually happened we would be left with a very small number of confirmed ceremonies. how many ceremonies have been caught on video/tape? not many.
and not all criminal groups mafia or otherwise have to share the same rigid structure and setup. to be honest the american mafia structure of a top to bottom pyramid hasnt exactly had great success rate by comparison. so maybe a decentralized cell structure without an overall #1/BOSS and administration could have a better chance of alluding law enforcement penetration.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055766
04/07/23 03:15 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
I disagree Vito. Whether any other LCN Families recognize them as a LCN Family is the only point. If they don't have recognition as their own independent LCN Family they're not a official Family. If they aren't recognized as Amico Nostra they're not even apart of LCN. The same for Ndrangheta if they aren't recognized they aren't apart of that organization no matter who their Family is or their history in any of these organizations. Being Italian and a criminal doesn't make you a mafia member. Having a group of Italians and being criminals doesn't make you a Mafia Family.

Now I agree it's a moot point in the criminal sense because if they're not apart of any organization and are just some ragtag wannabe mobsters living off of their relative's legacies it obviously hasn't affected them. The Hells Angels the Ndrangheta the drug suppliers all still do business with them. But whether other criminal groups do business with them isn't the question at hand.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/07/23 03:16 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: VitoCahill] #1055767
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by VitoCahill
i would say that there is indeed a mafia family in montreal. it was once a top to bottom structured family. through decades of internal war the structure of the family has changed. whether any of the cells/crews operating in city are recognized officially by other families is a mute point. there have been large arrests over past 2 decades involving all the same crimes american lcn members get charged with. gambling,drugs,prostitution,extortion,bid rigging what have you. the members have been arrested and charged as members of the montreal mafia. so whether other families consider them a family dont matter if other oc groups in city and more importantly law enforcement recognizes them as such.
montreal has 10-12 different cells led by italian members with some italian associates. simply because there is no record of an initiation ceremony is irrelevant. throughout the entirety of the history of la cosa nostra,'ndrangheta,cammora etc. if we weigh how many possible ceremonies have been carried out against how many we conclusively know actually happened we would be left with a very small number of confirmed ceremonies. how many ceremonies have been caught on video/tape? not many.
and not all criminal groups mafia or otherwise have to share the same rigid structure and setup. to be honest the american mafia structure of a top to bottom pyramid hasnt exactly had great success rate by comparison. so maybe a decentralized cell structure without an overall #1/BOSS and administration could have a better chance of alluding law enforcement penetration.

AGREED 1000%

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055768
04/07/23 03:53 PM
04/07/23 03:53 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Originally Posted by VitoCahill
as stated on other thread they are indeed a mafia family. i would like to see the other families go up and tell said members in montreal that they arent legit. the very fact that outside groups have not really been a part of these internal wars as good proof other families do indeed recognize the authority and territory of those in charge of montreal.
and to the point of the rizzutos being a drug cartel they would have been part of a cartel like setup along with other groups in and out of the city. this setup indeed did exist in 1999 up to about 2004.

the rizzuto crime family at this time being a united fully functioning family with its own administration and different cells/crews operating across quebec and ontario. in this case we had...

Vito you just said this in the other thread. I want to ask how do we know no one has told them we don't recognize you as Amico Nostra? Everyone here should know the infamous Cuntreras the other half of the Cuntrera and Caruana clan. For years and to this day people call these guys Mafia royalty and their family name is well established in LCN in Sicily Canada and South America. But in Project Otremens the police agent who was a member of the Bonanno Family told police that Joe Todaro the Buffalo Boss told Natale and Rocco Luppino that he does not recognize Joe and Paolo Cuntrera and Natale and Rocco Luppino agreed they should not recognize them. How could the Buffalo Family call into question the membership status of people who belong to the blood family of such well regarded and respected Mafiosi? To make matters more complicated the Bonanno Family does recognize the Cuntreras as Amico Nostra. My point being we never would've known the Cuntreras membership is questioned if we didn't have the police agent tell us.

The very fact other Mafia Families haven't gotten involved proves nothing and isn't exactly a fact. When Sal Montagna tried taking over Montreal he was in contact with NYC and when Nicolo Rizzuto Jr died and when Sal Montagna died meetings were held by the Bonanno Family. When Vito Rizzuto got out of prison he was rumored to have met Bonanno and Gambino members. All of that shows this was very much a internal LCN matter that involved the Bonanno Family at all points. By the time the dust settled the Bonanno crew in Montreal was decimated and that is when we see the kids of all these former members take over. When Sal and Andrea Scoppa start fighting Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito there were reports that Sal Scoppa had the approval of the Mafia in Italy and in Toronto. In both cases we have examples of outside involvement but we haven't had a inside source breakdown what actually happened and that's the problem.

Too many of us are speaking matter of factly saying they are a Mafia Family with their own administration or they're members of this organization or that organization when we have no proof of that.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1055770
04/07/23 04:09 PM
04/07/23 04:09 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I'm asking you to prove what you're claiming and you're talking about something completely different. Kinda speaks volumes when you guys are asked for proof and no one can bring any up. lol

Disagreeing with you isn't being a troll btw you guys are just use to reading the shit off of Wikipedia and posting it here. So, when someone comes in and says something different you think it's trolling lol

1) It is GENERALLY ACCEPTED on this forum that what L.E. states as facts we accept as facts. I.E. if L.E. states the Mafia family in Montreal is called the Rizzuto Family, I.E. if L.E. states that Leonardo Rizzuto is the leader of what is left of the Rizzuto Crime family, we here on the forum will accept that as fact.

2) It is also GENERALLY ACCEPTED on this forum that known authors, journalists, expert opinions are again accepted as facts. I.E. if Jerry Capeci says the Boss of the Bonanno Crime family is Mike Mancuso Or Adrian Humphreys states that the again Leornardo Rizzutto is the new leader of the Montreal/Rizzutto Crime family than those opinions are accepted as facts.

Let me point out I said generally meaning almost always now that does not mean that we accept every statement made by anyone in L.E. at any time, that also does not mean that we will not challenge what L.E. or Experts state as facts from time to time. That is why I said GENERALLY.

With that said in scenarios to whereas L.E. and the most prominent experts are in agreement than we just about ALWAYS ACCEPT THEIR OPINION AS FACT IN THIS FORUMN.

So again, if we have local L.E. the RCMP, Adrian Humphreys, Antonio Nicaso and Peter Edwards all state and agree to the following:

That: The Rizzutto Crime Family is the Montreal Crime family, and that Leonardo Rizzutto is now the head of what's left of the Montreal/Rizzutto Crime family than that is what the forum accepts as fact.

If you 101 wants to challenge what and who we on the forum accept as fact, then you 101 need to PROVE OTRHERWISE.

Let me break this news to you 101 you are NOT THE EXPERT and that is another fact.

1) State your case.
2) State why you believe what you believe.
3) Show us in writing where you are getting your information to form your opinions.

.Why would anyone have to prove anything to you?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull