GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 60 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Long Island's Cosa Nostra! #1048335
01/15/23 04:33 PM
01/15/23 04:33 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

A New ButtonGuys Series: Part I - The Mob Rolls a "Seven" on Long Island

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/cosa-nostra-on-long-island-part-1-gambling-and-shylocking/

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/29/23 04:18 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1048339
01/15/23 04:57 PM
01/15/23 04:57 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Part One of this multi-part series takes a good look at the underworld landscape and illegal gambling rackets that became active on Long Island during the 1960s through 1980s timeline. And the series will document nearly thirty years of what was what, and who was who in the underworld landscape there. Bar none…The most in-depth investigative exposé ever written about Cosa Nostra’s expansion onto Long Island.

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 01/15/23 05:01 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049357
01/23/23 10:29 AM
01/23/23 10:29 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Coming later this week...Part II of ButtonGuys exclusive new series, "The L.I. Mob" - Mafia "Sharks" Migrate to Long Island

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049443
01/24/23 05:29 AM
01/24/23 05:29 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Part II, of our new series should be completed for release this Friday. So keep your peepers peeled!

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049583
01/25/23 04:12 PM
01/25/23 04:12 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

They're all here...their crew members and subordinates too!

All the original underworld power brokers who controlled Long Island's rackets...Vincent (Jimmy Nap) Napoli, Anthony (Fat Andy) Ruggiano, Carmine (Charlie Wagon Wheels) Fatico, John (Sonny) Franzese, Paul (Big Paulie) Vario, Ettore (Terry) Zappi, Gaspare (Gasparino) DeGregorio, Michael (Mikey Adams) Adamo, Paul Sciacca, Matthew (Matty the Horse) Ianniello, Sebastiano (Buster) Aloi and many more!

Coming Friday...A ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia "Exclusive" Series!

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049596
01/25/23 06:18 PM
01/25/23 06:18 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

.......and Philip (Rusty) Rastelli, Joseph (Joe Shep) Schipani, Vincent (Peg-Leg Jimmy) Giordano.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049774
01/27/23 04:36 PM
01/27/23 04:36 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The L.I. Mob: Part II - has been released

"Mob Sharks Migrate to Long Island"

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/long-island-mob-loansharks-migrate-to-long-island/

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049835
01/28/23 02:25 AM
01/28/23 02:25 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The L.I. Mob:

Part III - Business Infiltration - A Mob Masters Degree"

...Coming next week!
-

"Often Imitated, But Never Duplicated" - ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia...There's only one!

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/29/23 01:23 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1049958
01/29/23 03:14 PM
01/29/23 03:14 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

For a bucolic, upscale suburban area, Long Island was very unique in that within its borders of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, each of NYC's infamous "Five Families" had numerous members, both living and operating there. For that matter, local law enforcement agencies had a sixth Cosa Nostra group to deal with as well. NJ's DeCavalcante Family had also staked a claim to its lucrative turf...THIS is their story!

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1051733
02/21/23 09:09 AM
02/21/23 09:09 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The L.I. Mob: Part IV - "Rackets Potpourri"

...Coming tomorrow.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1051872
02/23/23 04:20 AM
02/23/23 04:20 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The L.I. Mob: Part IV - "Rackets Potpourri" has been released...
-
https://thenewyorkmafia.com/cosa-nostra-fraud-theft-narcotics-long-island-rackets/

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/23/23 04:21 AM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1051873
02/23/23 06:50 AM
02/23/23 06:50 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
When you say the LI mob, how are far out on LI are you writing about? Anything east of Patchogue would be null and void of the mob in any major capacity. Any claim a huge presence there would be contradictory to my experience. I don’t doubt there was some activity, outside of waste disposal, to my knowledge very little activity. And then most of it was an extension of stuff going on from Nassau/queens. The imobsters and victims involved may have lived further out on LI but the involvement stemmed from activities closer to the city. I’m talking about east of Patchogue which would be half or so of LI. I’m not saying there was zero activity just very little and not enough to support all the families mentioned in any significant manner.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: majicrat] #1051886
02/23/23 09:36 AM
02/23/23 09:36 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by majicrat
When you say the LI mob, how are far out on LI are you writing about? Anything east of Patchogue would be null and void of the mob in any major capacity. Any claim a huge presence there would be contradictory to my experience. I don’t doubt there was some activity, outside of waste disposal, to my knowledge very little activity. And then most of it was an extension of stuff going on from Nassau/queens. The imobsters and victims involved may have lived further out on LI but the involvement stemmed from activities closer to the city. I’m talking about east of Patchogue which would be half or so of LI. I’m not saying there was zero activity just very little and not enough to support all the families mentioned in any significant manner.

-
Although Kings and Queens Counties are technically part of the geographic land mass called Long Island. To "born and bred" New Yorkers we consider Brooklyn and Queens to be part of the five boros.

This expose I researched and wrote (which took me almost a year to complete), focuses more on Nassau/Suffolk Counties, and touches on activity on the Nassau/Eastern Queens border, as well as, some select racket activities back in the city.

And thats part of the charm of this series if you don't mind me saying say. Readers are gonna be very, very surprised by the full breathe and scope of the mob's L.I. operations. Starting in the early 1950s, and revving up to full underworld capacity by the 1960s, New York City's wiseguys moved there to reside and soon expanded their L.I. rackets tremendously.

From Great Neck, Floral Park and Elmont, all the way out to Shirley, Port Jefferson, Moriches and beyond, the Five Families had "literally" an racketeer army, rivaling anything back in NYC.

About the only place the mob didn't rock-n-roll was out by the Twins Forks. There's not much business out there to begin with, and certainly not businesses the underworld was, or is, drawn to. So thats a given. But pretty much everywhere else, they dipped their "beaks" so to speak. lol

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/23/23 03:26 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1051888
02/23/23 09:51 AM
02/23/23 09:51 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Thats why is took me so long to complete it and I had to expand the series into 5 separate installments. The Mob's presence on L.I. was so pervasive it would have been the size of a manuscript had I attempted to cram all that info into one article.

This series also includes dozens of rare photographs of mafiosi not commonly available elsewhere.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052013
02/24/23 06:07 PM
02/24/23 06:07 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
I suppose we have different opinions on what is major activity and activity. BTW I'm very familiar with how New Yorkers refer to Queens and Brooklyn and the geographic location of these area's but thank you for the un-needed geography lesson. The passive aggressive way you reply at times when anyone questions or challenges your posts, or the definitive responses you provide as if there is no way you could be wrong seems to contradict your own comments about everyone having their own opinion. Keep in mind if a person is good at anything they do, they don't need to tell the world, others will for them. Just saying

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: majicrat] #1052037
02/24/23 06:36 PM
02/24/23 06:36 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I suppose we have different opinions on what is major activity and activity. BTW I'm very familiar with how New Yorkers refer to Queens and Brooklyn and the geographic location of these area's but thank you for the un-needed geography lesson. The passive aggressive way you reply at times when anyone questions or challenges your posts, or the definitive responses you provide as if there is no way you could be wrong seems to contradict your own comments about everyone having their own opinion. Keep in mind if a person is good at anything they do, they don't need to tell the world, others will for them. Just saying

I meant no insult to you majicrat. Remember, I really don't know where you live, or if you're even vaguely familiar with the NYC, LI, or Greater NY Metropolitan geography. So please don't be so thin-skinned about it or take my comments the wrong way. Because as I just got finished stating, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. After all, we don't even know one another.

And as far as being "passive, aggressive" as you say, thats really in the eyes of the beholder, isn't it? And very subjective at best.

Just because I am confidant in my knowledge on certain things and subject matter, and I voice that opinion as I see fit (just as others on here do), that does not make me "passive, aggressive."

But I do wonder what it says about those who would take offense at me voicing my opinions on certain things? Just sayin

And lastly, as I've said on this forum numerous times to members whose voice gets stifled by certain "people," I've encouraged them to speak their minds, because ALL opinions should be welcomed here! (and they are, at least by me!). With the possible exception of a few troublemakers and rabble rousers who constantly make derisive comments just to stir the pot!

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/24/23 10:18 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052038
02/24/23 06:43 PM
02/24/23 06:43 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And BTW Majicrat, if, in fact, you feel so strongly that you are correct about the level of activity on L.I., and that I'm so "incorrect" in my assessment of the mob scene on LI, then I strongly recommend you go ahead and read this expose. Because if you do, it will surely change your opinion about the subject at hand.

Until next time...stay well. Good night my fellow forum friend.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052053
02/24/23 10:20 PM
02/24/23 10:20 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The L.I. Mob: Part V - "Gangland-Style Vengeance"

In this fifth and final chapter of our expose, we focus on the deadly gunmen and accomplished mob assassins, as well as their victims, who bloodied the streets of Long Island through the years....coming soon! Only at ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia!

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: majicrat] #1052064
02/24/23 11:42 PM
02/24/23 11:42 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

You're correct but are wasting your time. He makes outlandish claims on where mafia activity is and will not take any criticism. Elmont is no Mafia stronghold, neither are many other towns he mentions. Anyone can find a name living in a town and connect it to an indictment, all it means is one or a few people in the indictment lived there. It does not mean they operated there in any major capacity, or at all. Brooklyn yes, Long Island no.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052085
02/25/23 04:12 AM
02/25/23 04:12 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Jace, Tell me, why did I know you were hanging around, like a hyena, lol, hoping to grab a pound of flesh. But alas, poor Jace, there'll be no meal for you here! Because "you know not of what you speak of."

In fact, you're so uninformed, that the complete opposite is true! Long Island neighborhoods may not be as proliferated as East Harlem or Downtown's Little Italy, after all, it is the suburbs we're talking about here, but for sure many towns on L.I. were heavily active with Cosa Nostra members. Not just residing there as "bedroom communities," but as thriving areas of underworld racket operations too.

Aside from a lot of other L.I. towns, Elmont, in particular, and the neighborhoods surrounding it was always a very heavily Mafia dominated area for mafiosi to "live and work."

And thats a fact? Care to challenge me Jace? Because I promise you (once and for all), I'll embarrass the shit out of you and expose you for the empty suit that you really are!!!

Think I'm bluffing? Try me!

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/25/23 06:37 AM.
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052092
02/25/23 10:44 AM
02/25/23 10:44 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
NYMafia please whatever you can do and as soon as you can rid us of "IT" the better!

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052100
02/25/23 01:10 PM
02/25/23 01:10 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Jace, Tell me, why did I know you were hanging around, like a hyena, lol, hoping to grab a pound of flesh. But alas, poor Jace, there'll be no meal for you here! Because "you know not of what you speak of."

In fact, you're so uninformed, that the complete opposite is true! Long Island neighborhoods may not be as proliferated as East Harlem or Downtown's Little Italy, after all, it is the suburbs we're talking about here, but for sure many towns on L.I. were heavily active with Cosa Nostra members. Not just residing there as "bedroom communities," but as thriving areas of underworld racket operations too.

Aside from a lot of other L.I. towns, Elmont, in particular, and the neighborhoods surrounding it was always a very heavily Mafia dominated area for mafiosi to "live and work."

And thats a fact? Care to challenge me Jace? Because I promise you (once and for all), I'll embarrass the shit out of you and expose you for the empty suit that you really are!!!

You're full of it. You will just quit news articles, and claim to have inside knowledge. You say you know for certain, without question, who runs or ran;

New York City
It's suburbs
Connecticut
Las Vegas
Chicago
The Moon
Mars

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: jace] #1052101
02/25/23 01:14 PM
02/25/23 01:14 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by jace

Originally Posted by NYMafia

You're full of it. You will just quit news articles, and claim to have inside knowledge. You say you know for certain, without question, who runs or ran;

New York City
It's suburbs
Connecticut
Las Vegas
Chicago
The Moon
Mars

You just put your own foot in your ass! Lol...But thats par for the course with you. You just can't help yourself. Because you're an imbecile.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052102
02/25/23 01:15 PM
02/25/23 01:15 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Aside for your boyfriend FOH no one is buying it. You put up garbage and recycled news stories and claim "It's exclusive!!!!!!" Never before revealed!!!!!" Then you want everyone to pay to see your crap site.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052105
02/25/23 01:41 PM
02/25/23 01:41 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

SENDING JACE BACK TO SCHOOL - MOB LESSONS 101

And now it's time to give Jace a real good spankin’…Because she’s way overdue for one from me!

Jace, as I’m sure you’re already aware, I’ve made it a habit to completely ignore your empty, sarcastic, derisive comments. I’ve basically put you on the “pay no mind” list…And rightly so. But I’ve tolerated your insulting comments long enough, and enough is enough!

So, today, I’m gonna make an exception where you’re concerned. I’m also gonna make an example out of you. And show this entire board what a blowhard, empty suit, troublemaking, envious, jealous little troll you really are!

When our forum members get done reading this extensive list of all the mafia figures and allied racketeers who both lived and operated their rackets on Long Island soil through the many decades, you can then go back to whatever fucking hole it was that you crawled out from, pack your bags, and get the fuck out of here!

I’m gonna now list, for both Nassau and Suffolk Counties, town by town, Family by Family, crew by crew, all the organized crime figures who ran numerous rackets on L.I., from the late 1950s through the 1980s era. And that's not even including the later decades like the 1990s, the 2000s, and beyond!

SUFFOLK COUNTY (Western & Eastern parts of the county):

Colombo associate Vincent Rocco Prisco: he operated a major multimillion-dollar-a-year policy-numbers operation in the Eastern Suffolk Towns of Riverhead, Moriches, Mastic Beach, Patchogue, as well as more westerly towns of Copiague, Brentwood, and Wyandanch. Prisco was partners with Genovese soldier Vincent (Jimmy Nap) Napoli.

Colombo associates Nunzio (Big Ned)Vetrano, and Lucchese soldier Michael (Big Mike) LaBarbara: Vetrano operated a Moriches horse farm and stables that he used as the headquarters for an Eastern Suffolk-wide loan-sharking ring. LaBarbara sometimes partnered with him on loans.

Lucchese soldier Michael LaBarbara was a notorious Long Island-based hoodlum who was arrested numerous times in Suffolk for bootlegging alcohol, shylocking, truck hijacking, and cigaret bootlegging.

Genovese Family associates Ralph and John Eboli (brothers of Family acting boss Thomas “Tommy Ryan” Eboli): Ralph was arrested with another mob member for the attempted extortion and muscling in on a Nesconset bar. John was active as a “wire-room” rigger for bookmaking rings throughout LI and Queens. He was arrested for it several times.

Bonanno capo Nicholas (Nick the Battler) DeStefano was a principal in a South Shore policy-numbers operation active from Shirley to Bayshore, along with his underling, Bonanno associate Joseph Tegano.

Bonanno Boss Gaspare DeGregorio, of Bay Shore, and later Smithtown, was the general “overseer” and guiding hand of all Suffolk and Nassau operations for LI-based members. He owned several dress factories on Suffolk’s South Shore, and also conducted his Family’s affairs from his office there.

Bonanno soldier Samuel (Hank) Perrone lived in Brentwood, and had several minions active in gambling and shylocking for him on Suffolk’s South Shore. His associate, Family soldier Stephen Genna, handled shylocking and hijacking out on LI for Perrone.

Bonanno associate Joseph Zummo was charged as a principal in an auto-theft ring operating in the city and on LI. While Zummo technically was a “car salesman” for a Suffolk dealership.

Colombo associate Vincent Carvelli was arrested with several other Colombo figures for the loanshark-extortion of a Centereach couple who borrowed loanshark money for their Suffolk business.

Colombo associate and Franzese crew member Paul (Porkchops) Flammio was arrested for extorting protection money from a Port Jefferson restaurant.

Genovese soldier/capo Benjamin (Benny the Bum) DeMartino, of Rocky Point, was investigated for attempting to expand his jukebox and vending machine rackets in Suffolk County.

Gambino soldier Frank (Big Frank) Pasqua Sr. was suspected and investigated, but never formally charged, with the arson of a Mastic beach property he owned that burned to the ground. He did it to collect the fire insurance policy on the building.

Gambino soldier Gennaro (Jerry) Mancuso, of Patchogue, was installed by the mob to head the Nassau County Cartmens Association to better control the extortion and shakedowns of over 50 LI carters and literally hundreds of businesses on LI.

Colombo associates (Carmine Persico crew members), brothers Joseph, Anthony, and Frank Carione ran Riteway Carting, of Terryville. Frank was installed by Persico and capo Andrew Russo as President of the Suffolk County Cartmens Association, to serve the same purpose as Mancuso named above. Carione was his counterpart.

Gambino Capo Carmine (Charlie Wagons) Fatico, and his underlings Frank (Frankie D) DeFelice, operated a major loanshark ring in Suffolk, around the West Islip, West Babylon, and Deer Park areas. They got busted together for this in the early 1970s.

Gambino associate Sebastian (Benny) Biondo, the nephew of former Gambino underboss Joseph (Joe Bandy) Biondo, ran a major loanshark ring in Mid and Eastern Suffolk County in conjunction with the aforementioned Colombo figures Nunzio Vetrano, and others. Biondo was later also convicted and sentenced to serve 14 years in State prison.

Lucchese soldier Daniel (Danny Cap) Capra, of Smithtown, owned and operated a Lucchese-tied dress factory in St. James.

Lucchese associate Michael (Charlie) Fiermonti, of Shinnecock Hills, was an active bookie who operated from Suffolk into Queens booking bets.

Lucchese soldier Peter (Mr. Bread) Locascio, of Copiague, operated untaxed alcohol-bootlegging rings, long after the repeal of Prohibition, with alky-stills and stash houses hidden on Suffolks South Shore.

Colombo soldier Michael (Midge) Belvedere, of West Babylon, was said by the IRS to have hidden, untaxed, ownerships in no less than three Suffolk County bars and restaurants.

Colombo associate (and Franzese crew members) Anthony (The Frog) Frangipani, of East Setauket, ran loansharking and nightly card games from several mob-social clubs he operated Centereach and Deer Park, with his partner, Colombo associate, Felice (Philly Cigars) Vizzari.

Colombo associates, and brothers, Vincent and Angelo (Fat Angelo) Garofalo, were major garbage racketeers who terrorized competing carters in Suffolk County for decades. Sugared gas tanks, truck arsons, smashed windshields, beatings given to drivers, slashed tires, etc. Angelo was also active in truck hijackings on LI and police connected him to the burglary of a St. James garment factory (he was arrested for both), and the arson of a hairdresser shop in Suffolk.

Colombo soldier Vincent (Peg-Leg Jimmy) Giordano, of Copiague, was a major Brooklyn loanshark for the Family who migrated out to the fertile territory of Long Island. Soon he was operating a large six-man loanshark operation based in Suffolk, headquartered out of an Elwood storefront, and a Sayville Pork Store. He was later busted for usury several times on LI in highly publicized arrests.

Colombo associate (Franzese crew member) Albert Maione, of West Slip. He was a major bookmaker who, along with his partner Sonny Franzese and others, ran a major gambling ring all along Suffolks South Shore, from at least the Sayville area, all the way west into Elmont in Nassau County.

Colombo associate, and Gallo Gang stalwart, Salvatore (Sonny Pep) Pepitone, of Lake Grove, was said by the Rackets Squad and IRS to hold a hidden ownership in a Suffolk bar.

Genovese associate Andrew Biondo, of Melville, was the “master controller” of capo “Jimmy Nap” Napoli’s vast numbers operation. Napoli appointed Biondo to house the “numbers bank” in a nondescript house in nearby Melville which was later busted by police.

NASSAU COUNTY:

I could go on listing literally hundreds of other mobsters who BOTH lived and ran rackets in both counties. But I’m bored already having to “teach” you Jace. But in closing, let me just list a few more names and rackets, very specific to Elmont, since you wanted to be a big man on campus and talk shit. Here ya go:

Colombo associate, and Sonny Franzese minion, Nicholas (Nicky Iron-Shoes) Botta, of Elmont. Arguably one of the biggest bookmakers and gamblers in Nassau during the 1950s thru 1970s era. He was partnered with the aforementioned Albert Maione, Lawrence Messina (of Baldwin), and Lawrence (Larry Baccala) Abbandando, in a major bookmaking operation they ran in the Elmont/Franklin Square area for many years. Each of them was arrested in Nassau for gambling many times.

Gambino soldier Anthony (Tony Pep) Trentacosta, of Franklin Square. For years he operated a major private mob-social club on Meecham Avenue, in Elmont, that offered nightly card and dice games. It also served as Trentacosta’s headquarters and major conduit for other crews to interact with the Gambinos.

Colombo capo/acting boss Joseph (Little Joey) Brancato, and his associate, Joseph (Joe V) Vescio. These two men were arrested for operating a massive loansharking ring out of the JV Meat Store, in Elmont. Nassau authorities said the shop was the headquarters of a million-dollar-a-year Mafia usury operation.

Bonanno soldier Anthony (Anthony Elmont) Mannone. Police say he ran nightly high-stakes card games, gambling, and loansharking from the basement of his Elmont cigar store. He was actually nicknamed “Anthony Elmont” for a reason. He operated from that neighborhood! The FBI later nabbed him.

There were literally a dozen bars, restaurants, and mob social clubs all along Hempstead Turnpike in the Elmont/Franklin Square area, directly across the street from the Belmont Racetrack, where bookies, shylocks, gamblers, hijackers, and other fellas of the bent-nose set hung out nightly to enjoy one another’s company and to conduct mob business near the track.

Each of these people and the activities I listed, which took place between the late 1950s to 1980s, are well-documented by numerous law enforcement arrests and public sources.

Do I really need to continue this? I think not. For as dense as you are Jace, by now I imagine that even you got the point. And that point is, that you’re a complete jerk-off! So go pack your bags and get the fuck out of my face once and for all. You’re nothing but a troublemaking troll. A jealous little nobody who has a big mouth, but a small brain!

You wanted to challenge me? To try and make people here think I don’t know what I’m talking about? So you could embarrass me? Lol. You got the right guy, let me tell ya, sister!

You’d better go back to school and try to better educate yourself. Because the very fact that an ignoramus like you really thinks they could ever challenge a fella like me, just goes to prove how truly clueless you are! It’ll be a cold day in hell when I let a nitwit like you ever outthink me. Get it?

What I forgot about this life and life in general, you’ll never learn if you live another three lifetimes!…And that's another well-established fact of life!

I concern myself with three things. You could call them the three “F’s.” They are, “my Family, Friends, and Fanbase” And I’m proud to say each category is full…. I’ll even add a fourth “F” especially for you, ok Jace? You can just imagine what that F stands for, huh, asshole? LOL

And in case you’re too stupid to even understand what just happened here. You just got spanked! Big time!

Yours truly….”The Other Guy!”

Have a nice day!

“Often Imitated, But Never Duplicated. ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia…There’s only one!” (Ain’t that the truth!)

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052106
02/25/23 01:44 PM
02/25/23 01:44 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
You just did exactly what I said you would. Old news stories taken and exaggerated, plus many of your unproven claims tossed in.

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052107
02/25/23 01:53 PM
02/25/23 01:53 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Nice try Jace. But you fucked up big time when you decided to try and pick on me, you ignoramus! LOL

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052109
02/25/23 01:54 PM
02/25/23 01:54 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And everybody here damn well knows it too! And if they had any doubts whatsoever, (which I'm sure they didn't to begin with)...they don't anymore! Lol

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: NYMafia] #1052173
02/26/23 07:43 AM
02/26/23 07:43 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
I appreciate your point of view, however I don’t agree with it. When you take into account the pure numbers of made guys and the thousands of associates in the area you’re writing about it doesn’t add up to major activity especially when you throw in the many decades of time. As I said, guys live in the area and make some money but as far as major activity? No.

And finally, I don’t know you, who you may know or what you know. Same goes about me. I’m not going to get into validating my opinion with credentials that could or could not be true for anyone on here since we could all make claims who would know what’s true or not? I will only say that there’s more than one poster here who is from the ny/nj area and grew up in the areas knowing what was going on with family and friends. Keep that in mind. So anyone with a different opinion may just know a bit more than others think.

Here’s a question, since the 50s through the 90s, I think this is the time frame we are debating about. If there was major activity how many hits took place in Suffolk county. With all the major activity as you allege, and the violent nature of the period it would have been practical to expect some stepping on toes, greed and jealousy with the desire to take over a racquet wouldn’t it? It happened all over the country in mob cities so why would Suffolk county over the decades be the only major area that figured out how to get everyone get along despite the money being made? I would think there would be a number of mob bodies on the ground. Just a question

Re: ButtonGuys Super Exclusive: A One of a Kind Series [Re: majicrat] #1052181
02/26/23 08:54 AM
02/26/23 08:54 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I appreciate your point of view, however I don’t agree with it. When you take into account the pure numbers of made guys and the thousands of associates in the area you’re writing about it doesn’t add up to major activity especially when you throw in the many decades of time. As I said, guys live in the area and make some money but as far as major activity? No.

And finally, I don’t know you, who you may know or what you know. Same goes about me. I’m not going to get into validating my opinion with credentials that could or could not be true for anyone on here since we could all make claims who would know what’s true or not? I will only say that there’s more than one poster here who is from the ny/nj area and grew up in the areas knowing what was going on with family and friends. Keep that in mind. So anyone with a different opinion may just know a bit more than others think.

Here’s a question, since the 50s through the 90s, I think this is the time frame we are debating about. If there was major activity how many hits took place in Suffolk county. With all the major activity as you allege, and the violent nature of the period it would have been practical to expect some stepping on toes, greed and jealousy with the desire to take over a racquet wouldn’t it? It happened all over the country in mob cities so why would Suffolk county over the decades be the only major area that figured out how to get everyone get along despite the money being made? I would think there would be a number of mob bodies on the ground. Just a question

Good morning majicrat. Nice to hear from you again.

I think the way I worded my previous post, where I list all those names and activities, may have been a bit confusing to the reader. So let me try and clarify.

I did not mean to imply that those were the only mob guys there, or that those criminal activities were the majority of what happened over that thirty years. My list was only a skimming of the surface for all the legions of mob guys and their activities that went on there. (and continue to, even today).

There were literally hundreds and hundreds more racketeers of every stripe, and the activities they engaged in. In fact, the total list for LI would be almost incalculable to gather up (you would have to spend years doing it). Thats how massive mob operations were on L.I. back then. If you think about, the same was true for NYC (even more so, because pound for pound NYC was always the heart and soul of the mob).

I only listed what I did as two examples. First, to show some of the many activities in mid and eastern Suffolk (less the twin forks area, which as I agree, there was nothing there to speak of), and secondly, I then jumped directly to western Nassau, to the Elmont area per se, to correct the many misstatements that Jace made.
--
To discuss you other question, about what, if any, gangland-murders took place on L.I. over the years, I will say this.

The Mob tried playing it as nice as they could on Long Island over the years. They knew that the suburban law enforcement (the NCPD and SCPD) in bucolic L.I. were not in their "hip pockets" through bribery and corruption the same way they had cozied up to NYCPD cops and police brass. So they tried going it a bit slower and more shadowy. So much of the "work" they felt was needed they tired conducting back within city limits, whenever possible, (remember a lot of these mob guys also operated back and forth with interests that required them to come into the city regularly.)

That said, over the years, nonetheless, there were quite a few killings and incidents on the island. Some of which I write about in the last installment of my series, L.I. Mob: Part V - "Gangland Vengeance" which will be posted up this coming week. It is the last installment in the 5-part expose.
-

Not as a sales pitch, because thats not what our conversation is all about between us. But many of your questions can be better answered throughout the many pages of this extensive series, I clearly document hundreds more mob figures, from bosses to capos to soldiers to associates (many of whom the general public isn't familiar with), and talk about the plethora of rackets, and the specifics of those rackets) they ran on L.I., as well as, document many of the killings that took place there over the years.

If you visit our website and click into it, you can view the "top intro" of all five parts of the series, which gives an overview of what each installment talks about.

Lastly, in the 1960s, Nassau County District Attorney William Cahn stated, "Cosa Nostra is not only now living on Long Island as country squires, but they've brought they're rackets along with them. My investigators have documented, and are presently keeping tabs on, hundreds of members from all five families, as well as, thousands of lesser hoodlums, racketeers, strong-arms, bookies, etc., who collectively make up an "operational army" of the underworld, numbering into the thousands, that now both live and operate on L.I."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull