GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 331 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,380
Posts1,059,612
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039183
08/21/22 12:25 PM
08/21/22 12:25 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Originally Posted by Giacalone
I always found it strange that there are people who believe the smaller families will eventually be absorbed. It's not gonna happen any time soon. The Colombos have always been the smallest. Yet, they still have some of the biggest crews around

Which ones of the Colombo crews are that big in size?

Joe Amato's crew is massive and Uvino's Long Island crew is pretty impressive too. They have a shit ton of associates

Originally Posted by NYMafia
ALL the NYC families have been somewhat deduced in size and reach over the years.

I would rather say they've been deduced in reach than size. They have a lot of losers running around with a button. They'll never run out of losers, but getting good capable guys is a thing of the past

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039184
08/21/22 12:27 PM
08/21/22 12:27 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
The demise of the Colombos is not anything we're gonna witness in our lifetime.

Despite any of those places not being as prevalently "Italian" as they once were, there's about 2,5 million Italian Americans living in metro NYC and New Jersey, half a million in metro Chicago, 150.000 in metro Philly, 300.000 in metro Detroit...15% of New England is of Italian descent...etc... And it's not a secret the Mob has been rebuilding. The glory days are over, but they're steady and stable and have been a force in American organized crime for about 100 years now. What other group can make a claim on this?
Plain and simple, the American Mafia is a brand. And even though they're not as all powerful, as flashy or as feared as they once were, there's no shortage of people who'd want to be part of a brand.

It's gonna take a long long time before the recruitment pool for the Mafia on the East Coast and even the Midwest has been completely diminished.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1039187
08/21/22 12:57 PM
08/21/22 12:57 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Despite any of those places not being as prevalently "Italian" as they once were, there's about 2,5 million Italian Americans living in metro NYC and New Jersey, half a million in metro Chicago, 150.000 in metro Philly, 300.000 in metro Detroit...15% of New England is of Italian descent...etc... And it's not a secret the Mob has been rebuilding. The glory days are over, but they're steady and stable and have been a force in American organized crime for about 100 years now. What other group can make a claim on this?
Plain and simple, the American Mafia is a brand. And even though they're not as all powerful, as flashy or as feared as they once were, there's no shortage of people who'd want to be part of a brand.

It's gonna take a long long time before the recruitment pool for the Mafia on the East Coast and even the Midwest has been completely diminished.

I don''t think we should figure it that way. Counting Italians and figuring what percent will join the mob is not realistic, most will get into other things, be it legal or illegal, but even the ones going into criminal activity will be more likely to hook up with different ethnic groups or races.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: jace] #1039188
08/21/22 01:01 PM
08/21/22 01:01 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace

I don''t think we should figure it that way. Counting Italians and figuring what percent will join the mob is not realistic, most will get into other things, be it legal or illegal, but even the ones going into criminal activity will be more likely to hook up with different ethnic groups or races.

I don't count percentages, but it's a fact that the Mafia is an established brand. And you can bet on the fact that there are always more than enough people around willing to jump on a brand.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1039190
08/21/22 01:59 PM
08/21/22 01:59 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by jace

I don't count percentages, but it's a fact that the Mafia is an established brand. And you can bet on the fact that there are always more than enough people around willing to jump on a brand.

I'd have to agree with you TKJ. Quantity yes...Quality no! They're not going anywhere soon. But the glory, lucrative days are largely gone (forever)

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039198
08/21/22 03:34 PM
08/21/22 03:34 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
It's never been more easy to recruit than now. Why? No one goes to jail anymore. It's the new Freemasons

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: Giacalone] #1039213
08/21/22 10:56 PM
08/21/22 10:56 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
It's never been more easy to recruit than now. Why? No one goes to jail anymore. It's the new Freemasons

No one is going to jail in the state level.
LCN- memebers are in the installment plan.

They are getting 3-5 at a clip.
Add together those 3-5’a and before you know it you have done 10+ years.

The wealth that lure young Italians just isn’t there anymore.

Too many legit opportunities today.

The guys I am seeing getting there buttons today are hold overs the last of the previous generation, and families that have large rackets to hand over.

A big crew that brings in big money.
Large sports book, large loan shark book etc.

If the racket is a cash cow like the ZOTTOLA’s dad and son the joker poker machines.
That didn’t work for different reasons.

I bring that up to demonstrate an example of a racket that is a cash cow.
They made millions upon millions.

The father brought in the kids to take over that racket because look at the money that brings in.

Yes the father was killed and was never made.

Point being if your son or nephew can get off
You maybe bring them in to the life, MAYBE.

Def not today over B.S. money.

Last edited by BensonHURST; 08/21/22 11:18 PM.
Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039217
08/22/22 02:52 AM
08/22/22 02:52 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
The need to belong to something has always been far stronger than money. Very few made real money anyway. There is no lure in kicking up lol

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039220
08/22/22 07:20 AM
08/22/22 07:20 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

No one is going to jail in the state level.
LCN- memebers are in the installment plan.

They are getting 3-5 at a clip.
Add together those 3-5’a and before you know it you have done 10+ years.

The wealth that lure young Italians just isn’t there anymore.

Too many legit opportunities today.

The guys I am seeing getting there buttons today are hold overs the last of the previous generation, and families that have large rackets to hand over.

A big crew that brings in big money.
Large sports book, large loan shark book etc.

If the racket is a cash cow like the ZOTTOLA’s dad and son the joker poker machines.
That didn’t work for different reasons.

I bring that up to demonstrate an example of a racket that is a cash cow.
They made millions upon millions.

The father brought in the kids to take over that racket because look at the money that brings in.

Yes the father was killed and was never made.

Point being if your son or nephew can get off
You maybe bring them in to the life, MAYBE.

Def not today over B.S. money.

I largely agree with your assessment

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: Giacalone] #1039228
08/22/22 03:24 PM
08/22/22 03:24 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
The need to belong to something has always been far stronger than money. Very few made real money anyway. There is no lure in kicking up lol

Maybe so but money was definitely a big factor for many. Seeing those big shiny Cadillacs in their youth gave many young Italian men a massive hard on that lasted for years

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039230
08/22/22 04:37 PM
08/22/22 04:37 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
One problem with the Families is they no longer have any serious killers, like when was the last time we heard of someone getting done really bad? I'm talking about Roy DeMeo, Tommy Pitera, or Mad Dog DeStefano style. Guys really feared those motherfuckers! Like I said and I'll reiterate, guys are flipping who are facing very little if any time at all, because they have zero fear. Hell, it even makes for a good retirement plan and you can even be a podcast celebrity.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1039233
08/22/22 06:33 PM
08/22/22 06:33 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

Maybe so but money was definitely a big factor for many. Seeing those big shiny Cadillacs in their youth gave many young Italian men a massive hard on that lasted for years

It was the:

1) Women (They were attracted to the money, that purchased the POWER).
2) The Money/Power.
3) The status when someone from your ave got Made, it was like the whole ave got Made, one of your own, he was a local celebrity... A HERO...

I know that sounds CRAZY, that is how it was..

Fast forward to today..

The whole entire FARM SYSTEM is obsolete, NON-EXISTENT..

The "PULL" is off the table.

I cannot see how it is easier to recruit today...

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: Liggio] #1039234
08/22/22 06:40 PM
08/22/22 06:40 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by Liggio
One problem with the Families is they no longer have any serious killers, like when was the last time we heard of someone getting done really bad? I'm talking about Roy DeMeo, Tommy Pitera, or Mad Dog DeStefano style. Guys really feared those motherfuckers! Like I said and I'll reiterate, guys are flipping who are facing very little if any time at all, because they have zero fear. Hell, it even makes for a good retirement plan and you can even be a podcast celebrity.

There still are "SHOOTERS" today in the families.
They are "LEFT-OVERS" from a different ERA..

They are not killing anymore that is not what they do today.

Today the tools are the Shelf, and Beatings...
That is it.

However, if we are going to talk the next generation....
Where will they come from?
They aren't being groomed here in America..

It would have to be form the other side meaning Italy/Canada.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039235
08/22/22 06:47 PM
08/22/22 06:47 PM
Underboss
Underboss

It was the:

1) Women (They were attracted to the money, that purchased the POWER).
2) The Money/Power.
3) The status when someone from your ave got Made, it was like the whole ave got Made, one of your own, he was a local celebrity... A HERO...

I know that sounds CRAZY, that is how it was..

Fast forward to today..

The whole entire FARM SYSTEM is obsolete, NON-EXISTENT..

The "PULL" is off the table.

I cannot see how it is easier to recruit today...

I actually think Giacalone is right when it comes to today's recruitment. The life as we know it is pretty much over. They're not going after these guys, no one is going away for a long time. I know the Bronx is filled with knuckleheads who wanna join. I think theres a few reasons for this. 1. No one gets killed anymore (people get fuckin shelved lol), 2. they are no longer a priority for law enforcement and 3. Hollywood..people love the image

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039242
08/22/22 07:35 PM
08/22/22 07:35 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Well then where are all these new recruits?

I am not seeing them on the ground here.

I am not reading about them

There has been two big Colombo's indictments in the last 3 years.

That Colombo mafia website broke down the family and some current made guys in a way I have never seen before.

Almost like an insider was giving him info on the current events of the family.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039249
08/22/22 07:56 PM
08/22/22 07:56 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Nah some of this has been reported on. Johnny Joe's kid for example made a whole bunch of dudes from his neighborhood. . From the Bronx actually. I just think people are talking about two different organizations. The LCN of today is nothing like the LCN of yesterday. The mob died in the early 2000s but the "brotherhood" seems to still be there. Someone said it was like a country club. Honestly thats what it seems like today

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039255
08/23/22 01:51 AM
08/23/22 01:51 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Whatever happened to those Carmine Persico was a rat people, did they finally give up?

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039260
08/23/22 06:19 AM
08/23/22 06:19 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I am not familiar with the Bronx, the guys I know from the Bonanno’s are Brooklyn based and old schools.

Last edited by BensonHURST; 08/23/22 10:49 AM.
Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039261
08/23/22 06:33 AM
08/23/22 06:33 AM
Underboss
Underboss
I am not familiar with the Bronx, the guys I know from the Bonanno’s

They are apparently making young guys up there, not just leftovers from the old era. The Brooklyn guys all moved to Staten Island. Theres a ton of wannabes there

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039269
08/23/22 11:10 AM
08/23/22 11:10 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I read about spirito son
That he made himself u.b.
Then he made guys

I doubt they the Bonanno’s or the other families will acknowledge those guys as being made.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039270
08/23/22 11:16 AM
08/23/22 11:16 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
This new easier to recruit theory
That’s not just in NY I am assuming ?

The recruitment is easier everywhere across the board?

NJ- the DeCavs
Philly-Bruno

Boston-
Buffalo-

?

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039273
08/23/22 11:54 AM
08/23/22 11:54 AM
Underboss
Underboss
I read about spirito son
Then he made guys

I doubt they the Bonanno’s or the other families will acknowledge those guys as being made.

They are recognized. Every single one. This has been verified, but there was a problem in the beginning that was later corrected. Johnny's kid was also taken off the shelf. People don't seem to understand how powerful and respected Johnny Joe is. This is all his doing

I don't know what's going on in other places. I know Bronx and SI.

Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: BensonHURST] #1039309
08/24/22 06:15 AM
08/24/22 06:15 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I keep hearing about it on here.

I read an article on Cosa-Nostra news that quotes Gangland as saying he was very respected.

I guess we will see.

He is being put to the test.

His son just got banged out by a guy on the shelf and a few bikers.

That’s pretty bad the only thing that could be worse than this is if the ELF on the Shelf would have banged up the son.

The spotlight is on him and Mancuso,

This should be fairly easy these days.

Just have to throw the guy a beaten like back in the day when we were teenagers.
Target Joe C, his brother a few of the bikers.

It's not like he (MANCUSO and/or JOHNY JOE) is expected to kill anyone.

Just a juvenile Beating….

To save face.

Last edited by BensonHURST; 08/24/22 11:40 PM.
Re: Which families will be around the next 20-30 years [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1039465
08/28/22 11:40 PM
08/28/22 11:40 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline OP
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline OP
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I read about spirito son
Then he made guys

They are recognized. Every single one. This has been verified, but there was a problem in the beginning that was later corrected. Johnny's kid was also taken off the shelf. People don't seem to understand how powerful and respected Johnny Joe is. This is all his doing

It has been many years since I have been in the mix of things in Staten Island.
About 75% of Staten Island are people that moved from BensonHurst to Staten Island.
I never stepped foot in the BX, other than the BX Zoo and Yankee Stadium.

The Bonanno's had a very strong presence some years back I had a couple of friends that were in Gallestro's crew and I knew a couple of guys that were paying Gallestro every month, he got jammed up and went away for a murder beef,I have not spoken to any of them in years.

I have no way of personally knowing whats happening other than what I read on here and online.

Are you from Staten Island or the Bronx?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull