GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 538 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,119
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038407
08/08/22 08:52 PM
08/08/22 08:52 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Barone's claim of being in a gang called The Jets is ridiculous. There was no gang by that name, it was made up be the writer of the play West Side Story. and originally it was an Irish-Catholic gang battling Jews. Barone saying that shows he may have been nuts. Maybe the next rat will say the Warriors movie was based on him and his friends.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: furio_from_naples] #1038412
08/08/22 10:15 PM
08/08/22 10:15 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by dsd
@hoodlum
According to gravanos book, the Chin said " jeez I'm sorry to hear that ". to Sr saying his son was made.
I have a hard time believing that, firstly, it sounds like a sneery type response.
Secondly, what does that say about the 'life'.
Thirdly, we know how some (all?) of the Chins kids ended in the mob. .

Although chin was probably meaning ' I'm sorry to hear your dumb moron son has been allowed into our life ".

Not all but one for sure 2 espositos that had with his goomar. Nice story is that Chin ordered to George Barone to find a no show job in the port union for his son and the fact for them wasnt a good job led to shelving of Barone and his decision to flip because the family wanted him dead. Barone was one of the few genoveses to flip.

Barone was so old he was crazy to rat, and he really held a grudge.

https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/blogs/genovese-soldier-george-barone

Barone still held sway over the waterfront, but younger wiseguys had moved into positions of more power and wealth and the ‘oldfella’ felt disrespected. It made him hard to deal with and he soon came to blows with Andrew Gigante, the son of the family boss. Andrew needed help with getting a friendly company a lucrative contract and Barone was told to make it happen. But Barone was owed money by the company and insisted that debt be paid first.

The conflict between Barone and father and son Gigante quickly escalated, resulting in Barone (right) being “put on the shelf” as it is called in mob parlance. Which meant he held no more power within the Mafia. He had become a pariah. And he knew that now that the mob no longer had any use for him, probably viewed him as a liability even, his time was surely up. That is when, in 2001, he contacted Team America.

“I went bad,” Barone said about his new role as government witness. “I wanted to get even. I wanted to survive. I didn't want to get killed by them,” he added, referring to Vincent Gigante and his Genovese Family. “I decided that the Mafia is not the paternal, wonderful organization that it proposes to be. The esprit de corps does not exist. Greed, violence, betrayal: that is what exists.”

. Thanks for the article Furio!

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: NYMafia] #1038414
08/08/22 10:55 PM
08/08/22 10:55 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by NYMafia
The Bonanno's were not on the Commission. They were suspended because of the Donnie Brasco embarrassment. Thereafter I believe that Nicky Marangello often represented them if/when Joe Massino wasn't available.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Gotti was instrumental in having Massino regain the Bonano seat on the Commission.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: jace] #1038424
08/09/22 07:57 AM
08/09/22 07:57 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Furio, no one was going to kill Barone, he was just a miserable person who rated out of spite.

He refused to give contract to Chin sons and was shelved only because there was the Genovese doesn't mean that Gigante didin't make a bullshit disrespecting a veteran.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: Turnbull] #1038425
08/09/22 08:15 AM
08/09/22 08:15 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Turnbull
The Bonanno's were not on the Commission. They were suspended because of the Donnie Brasco embarrassment. Thereafter I believe that Nicky Marangello often represented them if/when Joe Massino wasn't available.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Gotti was instrumental in having Massino regain the Bonano seat on the Commission.

Yes Turnbull you're correct. That is the prevailing theory. That Gotti used his influence to help Joe Massino sit on, (and the Bonanno Family) be recognized by, the Commission again.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: jace] #1038426
08/09/22 08:18 AM
08/09/22 08:18 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Barone's claim of being in a gang called The Jets is ridiculous. There was no gang by that name, it was made up be the writer of the play West Side Story. and originally it was an Irish-Catholic gang battling Jews. Barone saying that shows he may have been nuts. Maybe the next rat will say the Warriors movie was based on him and his friends.

Thats actually not true Jace. During the late 1940s-1950s era there were plenty of local neighborhood street gangs typically made up of local Irish and/or Italian hoodlums (some of whom were later absorbed into LCN). I believe there was a Westside gang called The Jets, and obviously George Barone was affiliated with them.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/09/22 08:18 AM.
Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: NYMafia] #1038433
08/09/22 11:59 AM
08/09/22 11:59 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Thats actually not true Jace. During the late 1940s-1950s era there were plenty of local neighborhood street gangs typically made up of local Irish and/or Italian hoodlums (some of whom were later absorbed into LCN). I believe there was a Westside gang called The Jets, and obviously George Barone was affiliated with them.

I know about street gangs, but you are just guessing on the Jets and Barone. Look up what I said, the writer of West Side Story made it up, and it was not an Italian gang. I also checked the street gangs site, there is no such gang on there.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038440
08/09/22 01:08 PM
08/09/22 01:08 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

I'm well aware of the "Jets" and the "Sharks" of Westside Story Musical fame. Lol

Barone belonged to a mostly Irish gang of toughs on Manhattan's Westside Hells Kitchen neighborhood. I'm also well aware of that "street gangs" site you refer to. And I can tell you now that there were many gangs across NYC not represented on that site. Just because the "name" is not on the site, does not mean they didn't exist.

George Barone was no jerk off, despite what you may think. And although by the time he "turned" canary he was an old man, he was nonetheless a "made" guy for many years who also served as one of the most powerful ILA officials both in NYC, and later down in the Port of Miami, FL.

He whacked guys, he followed orders, was loyal, and was a very well-respected guy in the underworld for many years. So you tell me, WTF would he have to lie about having been a member of a street gang as a young hoodlum?

PS: The correct answer is: he'd have no reason to answer that he was a gang member of the Jets, if he was not (while under oath in a courtroom no less). What good purpose would that serve? You tell me? If he said the gang's name was The Jets, then the gang's name was The Jets.

Not the Boy Scouts of America or any other name. He was old, but he wasn't crazy.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/09/22 01:53 PM.
Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: NYMafia] #1038442
08/09/22 02:11 PM
08/09/22 02:11 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I'm well aware of the "Jets" and the "Sharks" of Westside Story Musical fame. Lol

Barone belonged to a mostly Irish gang of toughs on Manhattan's Westside Hells Kitchen neighborhood. I'm also well aware of that "street gangs" site you refer to. And I can tell you now that there were many gangs across NYC not represented on that site. Just because the "name" is not on the site, does not mean they didn't exist.

George Barone was no jerk off, despite what you may think. And although by the time he "turned" canary he was an old man, he was nonetheless a "made" guy for many years who also served as one of the most powerful ILA officials both in NYC, and later down in the Port of Miami, FL.

He whacked guys, he followed orders, was loyal, and was a very well-respected guy in the underworld for many years. So you tell me, WTF would he have to lie about having been a member of a street gang as a young hoodlum?

PS: The correct answer is: he'd have no reason to answer that he was a gang member of the Jets, if he was not (while under oath in a courtroom no less). What good purpose would that serve? You tell me? If he said the gang's name was The Jets, then the gang's name was The Jets.

Not the Boy Scouts of America or any other name. He was old, but he wasn't crazy.

. Yeah when I saw the Jets and Sharks I was like “Wait a minute when did this become West Side Story” lol

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: JCrusher] #1038443
08/09/22 03:13 PM
08/09/22 03:13 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by JCrusher

. Yeah when I saw the Jets and Sharks I was like “Wait a minute when did this become West Side Story” lol

Exactly. Lol..."When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dying day"

Somebody get my tap shoes? Lol

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038446
08/09/22 03:27 PM
08/09/22 03:27 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Well, the defense should have challenged him on it by asking him to show the jury some of his dance moves.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: NYMafia] #1038447
08/09/22 03:39 PM
08/09/22 03:39 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK

I thought the Bonannos were ' off ' the commission because of their rampant drug dealing. Did they even get their commission place back after the banana war?

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038451
08/09/22 04:19 PM
08/09/22 04:19 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by dsd

I thought the Bonannos were ' off ' the commission because of their rampant drug dealing. Did they even get their commission place back after the banana war?

After the 1960s war they did. They they lost their seat again for their rampant deal dealing in the late 1970-early 1980s. By the late 1980s, Gotti had helped Massino and the Bonanno's get that seat reinstated. And then Gotti got jailed, and Massino turned to be a rat.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038455
08/09/22 05:15 PM
08/09/22 05:15 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Whoa it didn't happen that fast, it was over a decade later that Massino turned.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038456
08/09/22 05:17 PM
08/09/22 05:17 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

I didn't give a timeline. I just stated chronologically what took place.

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: NYMafia] #1038459
08/09/22 05:35 PM
08/09/22 05:35 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

Exactly. Lol..."When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dying day"

Somebody get my tap shoes? Lol

. Haha. Classic cinema gotta love it

Re: COMMISSION VOTE TO KILL GIULIANI [Re: dsd] #1038493
08/09/22 11:23 PM
08/09/22 11:23 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by dsd

They screwed up a lot. The drugs, the Galante vs Rastelli dispute, and the Donnie Brasco fiasco.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull