GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Luciano_Gotti), 227 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,387
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Meadow and the Mafia #1020736
09/28/21 02:07 AM
09/28/21 02:07 AM
LuanKuci Offline OP
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline OP
Underboss
Interesting how she went from passively mocking her father for being a criminal to straight up defending the degenerate nature of Tony’s people when Finn criticized them. She revealed herself to be just like Carmela and the other mob wives, if not even more hypocritical due to her younger age and college education.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1020745
09/28/21 09:14 AM
09/28/21 09:14 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Meadow is like all those spoiled rich girls who make fun of how their parents are attached to money and then enjoy that same money. Everything she had, she got it thanks to her father's money, even if over the series she posed as a rebel she never tried to earn something on her own, so you're right she's more hypocritical than her mother, who at least spends Tony's money and endures his betrayals.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: furio_from_naples] #1020752
09/28/21 01:02 PM
09/28/21 01:02 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Meadow is like all those spoiled rich girls who make fun of how their parents are attached to money and then enjoy that same money. Everything she had, she got it thanks to her father's money, even if over the series she posed as a rebel she never tried to earn something on her own, so you're right she's more hypocritical than her mother, who at least spends Tony's money and endures his betrayals.

You right furio

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: MeyerLansky] #1021027
10/01/21 10:51 PM
10/01/21 10:51 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

You right furio

Furio is def right ,but also ,as well , IMO, Meadow in later seasons was besides Charmaine Bucco, 1 of the hotter female cast members...

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1021030
10/02/21 01:17 AM
10/02/21 01:17 AM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
I mean I'm not surprised she went to defend them.

While she may be spoiled and lived from Tony's money, people seem to forget that when you take everything away, she's still his daughter. Obviously, she's aware of what he does and who's around him, but in that scene, Finn says that they acted like animals, and by extension, he thinks the same of Tony.

If anyone told me the same about my dad I'd lose my shit, and I'm pretty sure 99% of you guys would as well. And it's not without a reason!

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1024388
11/25/21 03:49 PM
11/25/21 03:49 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
She wasn't spoiled as far as behaving and school, and she did pursue a higher education, and marry a straight guy who was an attorney. She was eating or had learned a law degree and worked, so I would not consider her spoiled. She had a lot, and acted out at times, but haven't we all as teenagers? The son was a real pain, he was a total kook, and annoying.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: CleanBandit] #1026974
01/02/22 11:40 PM
01/02/22 11:40 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted by CleanBandit
I mean I'm not surprised she went to defend them.

While she may be spoiled and lived from Tony's money, people seem to forget that when you take everything away, she's still his daughter. Obviously, she's aware of what he does and who's around him, but in that scene, Finn says that they acted like animals, and by extension, he thinks the same of Tony.

If anyone told me the same about my dad I'd lose my shit, and I'm pretty sure 99% of you guys would as well. And it's not without a reason!

An outsider pissing in your tent is always worse than someone in the tent doing it. This is like when Meadow told off Jackie's sister for bringing up the business in front of a civilian cousin. A lot of the things Meadow is criticized for by viewers have more to do with adolescence than mob daughter hypocrisy. We all hated our parents at that age, but if someone else talked shit about them we would be defensive.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1026985
01/03/22 06:49 AM
01/03/22 06:49 AM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
Couldn't agree more Oak!

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1028870
01/25/22 06:35 PM
01/25/22 06:35 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Meadow was actually a great character. She had one of the better story arcs which was both relatable for and believable. Her character was one of the most objective and self-aware; she picked up on Tony's involvement in the mob early, was not naive to her place in the pecking order given that AJ was "the son" etc. She was an insufferable teen and woke young adult but seemed to get over that. She even handled her knowledge of Vito's indiscretion with a quiet respectful confidence that would be unusual for her age. Her revelation only came about when two much older women including here mother were engaging in gossip that she herself had stayed out of until she negotiated her own terms to enter the conversation. Meadow was smart (and yes, by seasons 4-6 she was a fucking fox too)

That she was protective/defensive of her family is also laudable; even if she disagreed herself with her family, she did it behind closed doors. Very old school.

She'd have been better suited to the DeMeo Family than AJ, that's for sure. He was a total embarrassment. As a story, he was a great symbol of what the mob has become; that's the future of the mob right there. A chubby, whiny, entitled little bitch.

If I were Tony I'd have let him stay at the bottom of the pool.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: eastsideofvan] #1028896
01/26/22 03:32 AM
01/26/22 03:32 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Meadow was actually a great character. She had one of the better story arcs which was both relatable for and believable. Her character was one of the most objective and self-aware; she picked up on Tony's involvement in the mob early, was not naive to her place in the pecking order given that AJ was "the son" etc. She was an insufferable teen and woke young adult but seemed to get over that. She even handled her knowledge of Vito's indiscretion with a quiet respectful confidence that would be unusual for her age. Her revelation only came about when two much older women including here mother were engaging in gossip that she herself had stayed out of until she negotiated her own terms to enter the conversation. Meadow was smart (and yes, by seasons 4-6 she was a fucking fox too)

That she was protective/defensive of her family is also laudable; even if she disagreed herself with her family, she did it behind closed doors. Very old school.

She'd have been better suited to the DeMeo Family than AJ, that's for sure. He was a total embarrassment. As a story, he was a great symbol of what the mob has become; that's the future of the mob right there. A chubby, whiny, entitled little bitch.

If I were Tony I'd have let him stay at the bottom of the pool.

Good post. Meadow was not a stupid character and agree she had one of the better story arcs for the Show.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1035756
06/11/22 02:28 PM
06/11/22 02:28 PM
ThisGuyOverHere Offline
Made Member
ThisGuyOverHere  Offline
Made Member
I’ve watched the entire series start-to-finish at least four times. Meadow was the only major character whom I’d classify as anything resembling a decent human being.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1035953
06/16/22 04:25 PM
06/16/22 04:25 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Artie Bucco tried his best bless him

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1036440
06/29/22 03:33 PM
06/29/22 03:33 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Meadow was a liberal c$nt. Who also enjoyed fucking dorky half white half black men.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1036466
06/29/22 07:46 PM
06/29/22 07:46 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Meadow was smart enough to know what Tony was involved in, but I think that like any daughter,she didn't believe that he was capable of murders,and extreme violence.
I think she convinced herself that his main business was gambling,even though at some point she had a harder time maintaining that self delusion. Also ,In as much as she was supposedly disgusted with Tony's way of making a living,she would not be beyond taking advantage of it to her benefit. I could almost guarantee that she knew what the effect of dropping the Soprano name would have on someone she might be seeking a favor from.

Re: Meadow and the Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #1037459
07/19/22 11:37 AM
07/19/22 11:37 AM
Margate, NJ
Stugotz Offline
Wiseguy
Stugotz  Offline
Wiseguy
Margate, NJ
Meadow one Of the hotter women in the show?! Hell Rosalie Aprille was hotter than her, my favorite was Gloria, hottest piece of coos to appear in the series...

Yeah, Little Pussy. You think he's going to fuck with Big Pussy? My Pussy? Tony Soprano, 1999

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull